5957 McKee Rd, Fitchburg, WI 53703 Map · Phone number

About Heritage Tavern Catering

Heritage Catering, located in Madison WI, provides a wide range of dining experiences that will impress your guests time and time again. We provide exceptional experiences for Weddings, Business Lunches or In-House Dinner Parties, Pig Roasts, Private Cooking Classes, or for any Special Occasion! Our cuisine is always fresh, inventive and dedicated to using seasonal farm fresh ingredients.

We are happy to service the Greater Dane County area.

Follow Heritage Tavern Catering on

2 Reviews for Heritage Tavern Catering

• Emily

Emily Sewell · Married on 09/14/2019

Food Done Right

My husband and I had Heritage Catering for our wedding, and we could not have been more thrilled. Their food was so good that you could audibly hear our guests excitement when the food was brought out. We chose to go with a family style meal where everyone could take more or less of each dish depending on what they liked. This worked out perfectly! Heritage’s food is such a wonderful balance of fresh and simple ingredients paired together in a way that makes it taste like a guilty pleasure. All of our guests raved about it, but honestly, we weren’t surprised. One meal at Heritage Tavern and we knew no matter what we got from them it would be fantastic. We can not recommend them highly enough for anyone from a picky vegetable hater to a refined professional food critic, the team at Heritage will get you to eat all manner of healthy and fresh foods and you will love it!

Sent on 09/21/2019
  • Jen

Jen Jones · Getting married on 06/06/2022

Do not book with them!

I began working with Heritage Catering over 18 months before my wedding date (June 2020). I went through two "coordinators" between initial contact in January of 2018 and the occurrence prompting this review, which occurred in January/February 2020. My first coordinator was great, she helped create an initial itemized proposal and set up a tasting for my fiance and I. It was at our tasting that we were informed we would be moving forward with a new coordinator. We met her that day. She was brand new to the company, so we tried to give her the benefit of the doubt, but I had concerns from day 1. She was flighty in our conversation and even flightier in e-mail communication. We went weeks without receiving our updated proposal after our tasting and there were countless errors. Again we moved forward, changing errors as they arose and trying to be patient... I out of the blue received an email from this coordinator January 24th stating "the 29th will be my last day" and that I would be connected with my new coordinators before then. I did not receive another email until February 18th. I set a phone call with the new coordinator for February 24th, I was under the impression this was to get to know my new coordinator. I was very wrong. I found out on this date, LESS THAN FOUR MONTHS BEFORE MY WEDDING, that my entire proposal was done incorrectly, processed and "approved" incorrectly, and "could not be executed as promised". By done incorrectly I'm talking about price per item, number of chefs needed, number of servers needed, the whole nine yards. Apparently the coordinator I had been working with wasn't doing her job correctly and was let go. Multiple proposals were found to be under-priced... just like mine. While the individual that called me was pleasant and apologetic, she did not budge on the fact that something would need to be changed. She told me our event was going to be severely understaffed and the food would be compromised. She said we needed another chef at least. She suggested changing our salad to family style. She also suggested changing our cocktail hour appetizers to stationary, rather than passed. She also suggested changing the structure of our entrees. I firmly stated we would not be giving the company another dollar. They were at the top of our budget and the changes they were suggesting totaled over $3,000. I also firmly stated I would not be compromising on service - we chose a plated dinner (including the salad) and we had already ordered our invitations and RSVP cards indicating meal choice (beef, chicken, or veggie). She discussed making changes to our selections, stating "we can't lose money on an event". I remained calm all the while thinking none of this is my fault and now I have to change my plans? I panicked knowing with less than four months to go the likelihood of finding another reputable caterer was slim. I was at a loss as to how to proceed.I gave the caterer a week to come up with changes to our proposal that would meet everyone's needs. I specifically offered an openness to changing how dishes were plated and the entire construction of our chicken dish, something we had not specifically tried during our tasting. I felt I was being very flexible when I could have been enraged and rigid throughout the conversation. We went forward with changing that and I was under the impression everything was all set. Next, COVID-19 struck and we ended up postponing to next year, June 2021, for everyone's health and safety. Heritage was our only vendor not timely in their response to postponement. It took 2 weeks for them to confirm they were available our new date. We finally got a response from our now 4th coordinator saying we were re-booked for our new date. We had an email exchange about adding linens to our proposal (something I had asked for 4 times with no avail) which she agreed to do. When I got the proposal back once again there were no linens added, but there were an extra $3000 worth of charges - an increase in the cost of bread, salad, one of our appetizers, an additional chef, and three additional servers. Also a new travel fee. I asked to speak with the manager/supervisor of the catering dept. I got an email response saying my contract would be terminated and my deposit would be returned because "we haven’t met your expectations. Also, it is very likely we will not, now nor in the future meet your expectations". We never even got an apology. This company put me through HELL for months and just dropped us to find a new caterer without ever having a real conversation with us. Long story short, DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY. This was the worst customer service I have ever experienced. They do not care about you or your day.. They do not take ownership of their own mistakes. They are poorly managed and rude.

Sent on 05/13/2020

Heritage Tavern Catering's reply:

Jen,
    I apologize for the way our contract to work together ended for your special day. It must be so frustrating as a bride to be dealing with so much uncertainty and to have plans unravel. We are upset that we can’t commit to your new wedding date at this time.
    We’re a local, family run company with limited resources. When COVID-19 hit we were forced to lay off most of our staff & the remaining resources were poured into shifting our business model to keep our company going. We appreciate how patient you’ve been while working with us. Our team apologizes for dropping the ball on communication.
    I appreciate the time you took to write this review. Our team is changing & your feedback will be taken as a lesson for planning, or unplanning, future events.
    You’re a lovely couple & we wish the best of luck to you.
    Sincerely,
    🦊🦊🦊

Heritage Tavern Catering FAQ

• What is the average catering price per person for plated service?
    $ 95.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for buffet service?
    $ 70.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for stations?
    $ 80.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres?
    $ 16.00
    China
    Linens
    Flatware
    Glassware
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service?
    $ 30.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    House Beer
    Specialty Beer
    House Wine
    Champagne Toast
    House Liquor
    Signature Drink
  • What event services do you provide?
    Delivery
    Set Up
    Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide?
    Breakfast / Brunch
    Plated
    Server(s)
    Stations
    Tastings
  • What types of cuisine do you cater?
    American
    Asian
    BBQ
    French
    Local
    Sandwiches
    Seafood
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate?
    Gluten Free
    Lactose Free
    No Pork
    Nut Free
    Organic
    Vegan
    Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Liquor License
    House Liquor
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
    Outside Alcohol
  • Which of the following items can you provide?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens

• 5957 McKee Rd Fitchburg, WI, 53703 See on map
    6082839500 (102) (Phone number)
    Location of (Heritage Tavern Catering)