Helping Hand Parties & Weddings

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$2,300 Package Price

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$2,300 Package Price

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings is a professional wedding planning and coordinating company based in Huntsville, Alabama. It provides services throughout northern Alabama, including Huntsville, Madison, and Decatur, as well as destination weddings. The company strives to help couples design their wedding day events in a unique and memorable way. Erica Thimsen, a well-known event planner, is the company’s owner. They have been voted best planner in Alabama by Lux Life Magazine and Destination Weddings and Honeymoons Abroad.

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings offers month of planning, partial planning, and full wedding planning, as well as destination wedding planning, in addition to referrals, timelines, and to-do lists. The company provides services for wedding ceremonies and receptions from beginning to end. They also offer friendly, professional staff to help with everything from the set up and serving to clean up. Helping Hand Parties serves different wedding types, including civil, cultural, religious, non-religious, eco-friendly, military, destination, and double weddings. The company offers the following additional services:

• Greeters
  • Hosts
  • Wait staff
  • Wedding book and gift table attendants

• Woman-owned

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$1,700

What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?

$2,300

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$4,700

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What is the hourly rate?

$50

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Day-of Coordination
Event Design
Full Planning
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Cultural
Destination
Double Weddings
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

• MaryKate
    Marykate Married on 10/16/2021

Lynn at Helping Hands Nailed It

I decided to go with the Helping Hands Month Of Coordination package for my wedding. My husband and I had been engaged for over two years and I had done a good chunk of planning myself and just needed someone to make sure everything flowed and tie up all the loose ends for Wedding Day. From my first meeting with Lynn, I knew she was going to be amazing, especially when she started asking meticulous details I had not even thought of. She handled all the logistics of wedding day and gave recommendations and suggestions on parts I was unsure about. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, she emailed me wedding questionnaires that we would go over in our meetings to make sure each and every detail was discussed. She was prompt in responding back to my many questions over text and email and even sent me updated master timelines for wedding day. She contacted all my vendors leading up to wedding day and coordinated their tasks and arrival times.

On wedding day, Lynn made sure everyone involved in the wedding party and family was stress free and enjoyed themselves. She even coordinated setting up a private dinner for my husband and I to enjoy alone, since being able to eat our wedding food was a priority to me. If anything did go wrong on the day of the wedding, I was never aware of it. My bridesmaids and family came up to me during the reception and told me they couldn't believe how smooth the whole day had gone, thanks to Lynn.

Now that the wedding is over, if I could tell any bride out there what to make sure they include in their budget, I would stress to them YOU NEED A WEDDING COORDINATOR. No bride on wedding day wants to be running around trying to make decisions on what goes where or when will this vendor show up and point them where to go. Additionally, no bridesmaid wants to be setting up tables and missing out on wedding morning festivities with the bride (I did that for a friend's wedding one time--please don't do that to your friends). Brides deserve to relax and enjoy the day with their family and friends. Do yourself a favor and hire Lynn as your coordinator for your next event. The wedding was two weeks ago, and I am still having conversations with friends on how great the wedding was. DO IT!

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you Mary Kate! Your photographer and I were agreeing about how much like a fairy tale your wedding day was. Thank you for letting be a part of your family’s special day.
    Anne M. Married on 10/16/2021

A rating of 5.0 is not high enough!

Our daughter and new son’s wedding was perfect! That was only possible with the amazing help and guidance of Erica Thimsen of Helping Hand Parties & Wedding. A rating of 5.0 is not high enough for the level of support she provided us! Erica is so professional, kind, thorough and easy to work with. She has a sweet laugh and gentle style, but there was no doubt that she was in control and invested in making sure that the wedding was exactly what we wanted. Planning a wedding is hard enough, but we live in Atlanta and were planning a wedding in Huntsville. Erica listened and really understood our vision, which at times was not very clear to us. She knows everyone in Huntsville, recommended top vendors, and made it possible for us to put together the A team of people who made the vision a reality. She used a planning process that ensured that we discussed and planned every aspect of the wedding, and so that nothing would fall through the cracks. Prior to the wedding she sent checklists every few months, breaking down what needed to be done into manageable chunks. She was always available to answer questions, make wonderful suggestions and help us think through details we didn’t even know we needed to think about. No detail was too small to escape her attention and she was on top of everything. My highest praise for Erica, is that on the weekend of the wedding we were all able to relax, have fun and really enjoy the celebration. We knew Erica was in charge and she would be sure everything was perfect. And it was!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

• Matt & Haley
    35 photos · 04/08/2017

Pricing

Endless Catering Endless Catering Wedding Caterers

We have worked with Erica a lot through the last few years and it is always a pleasure!! I know if our client has hired Erica the day we arrive for an event we have nothing to worry about and our event together is going to be flawless! Erica is always on top of things, VERY ORGANIZED (as to which a coordinator should be) and VERY PROFESSIONAL.

Belle Fleur Belle Fleur Wedding Caterers

Erica and her staff are a delight to work with and very professional. Always a joy to do an event together. Highly recommend her service.

Decorous Dishes Decorous Dishes Wedding Rentals

As an event coordinator, Erica is creative, organized, patient and composed. What more can you ask for?

Huntsville, AL, 35804
Location of (Helping Hand Parties & Weddings)

Other vendors in Birmingham for your wedding