Helping Hand Parties & Weddings Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• MaryKate
    Marykate Married on 10/16/2021

Lynn at Helping Hands Nailed It

I decided to go with the Helping Hands Month Of Coordination package for my wedding. My husband and I had been engaged for over two years and I had done a good chunk of planning myself and just needed someone to make sure everything flowed and tie up all the loose ends for Wedding Day. From my first meeting with Lynn, I knew she was going to be amazing, especially when she started asking meticulous details I had not even thought of. She handled all the logistics of wedding day and gave recommendations and suggestions on parts I was unsure about. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, she emailed me wedding questionnaires that we would go over in our meetings to make sure each and every detail was discussed. She was prompt in responding back to my many questions over text and email and even sent me updated master timelines for wedding day. She contacted all my vendors leading up to wedding day and coordinated their tasks and arrival times.

On wedding day, Lynn made sure everyone involved in the wedding party and family was stress free and enjoyed themselves. She even coordinated setting up a private dinner for my husband and I to enjoy alone, since being able to eat our wedding food was a priority to me. If anything did go wrong on the day of the wedding, I was never aware of it. My bridesmaids and family came up to me during the reception and told me they couldn't believe how smooth the whole day had gone, thanks to Lynn.

Now that the wedding is over, if I could tell any bride out there what to make sure they include in their budget, I would stress to them YOU NEED A WEDDING COORDINATOR. No bride on wedding day wants to be running around trying to make decisions on what goes where or when will this vendor show up and point them where to go. Additionally, no bridesmaid wants to be setting up tables and missing out on wedding morning festivities with the bride (I did that for a friend's wedding one time--please don't do that to your friends). Brides deserve to relax and enjoy the day with their family and friends. Do yourself a favor and hire Lynn as your coordinator for your next event. The wedding was two weeks ago, and I am still having conversations with friends on how great the wedding was. DO IT!

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you Mary Kate! Your photographer and I were agreeing about how much like a fairy tale your wedding day was. Thank you for letting be a part of your family’s special day.
    Anne M. Married on 10/16/2021

A rating of 5.0 is not high enough!

Our daughter and new son’s wedding was perfect! That was only possible with the amazing help and guidance of Erica Thimsen of Helping Hand Parties & Wedding. A rating of 5.0 is not high enough for the level of support she provided us! Erica is so professional, kind, thorough and easy to work with. She has a sweet laugh and gentle style, but there was no doubt that she was in control and invested in making sure that the wedding was exactly what we wanted. Planning a wedding is hard enough, but we live in Atlanta and were planning a wedding in Huntsville. Erica listened and really understood our vision, which at times was not very clear to us. She knows everyone in Huntsville, recommended top vendors, and made it possible for us to put together the A team of people who made the vision a reality. She used a planning process that ensured that we discussed and planned every aspect of the wedding, and so that nothing would fall through the cracks. Prior to the wedding she sent checklists every few months, breaking down what needed to be done into manageable chunks. She was always available to answer questions, make wonderful suggestions and help us think through details we didn’t even know we needed to think about. No detail was too small to escape her attention and she was on top of everything. My highest praise for Erica, is that on the weekend of the wedding we were all able to relax, have fun and really enjoy the celebration. We knew Erica was in charge and she would be sure everything was perfect. And it was!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie S. Married on 09/05/2021

The Details Matter

My mom and I decided to hire Erica to help us with all the little details involved in the planning of my wedding day and the days leading up to the wedding. I already had most of my vendors selected for the wedding and a lot of the big picture details worked out, but you don’t know what you don’t know – that is where Erica comes in!
    We ended up having a destination wedding nestled up in the Beartooth Mountains of Montana. Not only did we have to coordinate with our vendors in a more rural area, we also were dealing with a more rustic venue that came with its own set of challenges and logistics to work out. Erica started coordinating with us several months before the wedding and sent us several check lists to help keep us on task with our vendors, design team, wedding party attire, you name it! Erica even went as far as to find out the typical temperature range for our venue location and time of sunset for that day of the year to make sure her timeline for the day of accounted for those little variables.
    She also had me fill out several questionnaires to better get to know me and to know how I wanted my wedding to look and feel so she could help bring my vision to life. What I loved about working with Erica was how personalized this whole process felt. In addition to the questionnaires, Erica had several phone meetings with me to review our planning and make sure things were getting accomplished on time. These phone calls helped me connect with Erica but also helped to make sure we were on the same page with design elements. Often during these meetings, she would make suggestions or alterations to timeline. I really loved how she suggested that my grandmas be flower girls (this was so special for them, and they are still talking about it!) and I loved how after our entrance to the reception my husband and I went straight into our fist dance. She also brought up different ceremonial rituals we could add to make our wedding special. A few of those extra’s we ended up adding were the sand ceremony (during our wedding ceremony), the wedding shoe game (during the reception while guests were eating dinner, it was so fun!) and we added the whiskey barrel ceremony after our cake cutting.
    As far as I know, everything went off perfectly! Erica worked so well with our bridal party and kept our large crew of 20 people on task for photos and line ups. She also worked so well with our already incredible team of florist and decorators. Erica really is like a fairy godmother floating around the wedding venue making sure things happen seamlessly. We had so much fun at our wedding and everything I wanted at our wedding happened. I couldn’t thank Erica more for all she did, she really is incredible at what she does, and I could not think of a better person to recommend for future weddings!
    Thank you Erica for making our wedding day absolutely perfect to the very last detail!

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much, Stephanie, for having me to your beautiful state of Montana. Loved working with you and your family! Such a special day that I'll always remember.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie S. Married on 08/28/2021

Absolutely Perfect!

Lynn was absolutely amazing! I reached out to Helping Hands with hopes of planning a wedding in three months! From start to finish Lynn was available, full of knowledge and advice, and easy to work with. She helped me stay on track, reached out to vendors, and much more. There is no way we could have done this without her! We’ve had so many compliments and heard numerous times, “What y’all pulled off in three months typically takes a year to plan!” From the bottom of our hearts that you so much for making our day beautiful, flawless, and so much more!

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

I agree, Lynn is amazing. Thank you for the sweet review! We love helping create wonderful memories!
    Pam H. Married on 05/22/2021

A True Blessing

Erica with Helping Hand Parties & Weddings was a joy to work with, especially during the uncertainty of COVID. She helped us plan my daughter's wedding three times before we actually got to celebrate. Erica's established relationships with vendors and professionalism were invaluable in planning and replanning due to the pandemic. Erica is incredibly detailed and helped us to consider every circumstance. I was so thankful to see the day arrive and get to truly enjoy celebrating my daughter and son-in-law with family and friends. No one was asking me where things needed to be or what the plan was. Erica took care of every detail and we had the most perfect day! We are so thankful for Erica and can't imagine walking through the past year without her help.

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Pam! That's so sweet! It was wonderful working with you and your whole family for a second time!
  • Sara
    Sara B. Married on 05/15/2021

Hire erica asap!

TLDR: HIRE HER IMMEDIATELY.
    Wow! Where do I begin? First off, if you have the opportunity to work with Erica, DO IT. I thought I could manage a lot of it myself, but opted for partial planning and day-of coordination. Shortly after, I had a job change that took a LOT of my time. Erica stayed on top of what needed to be done and by when, and made sure I didn’t run out of time when planning! Even when I was not the best bride and forgetful, she reminded me to get certain things done to keep us on track. The week of the wedding was insane (as it seems to be that way for everyone) and Erica took so much time to get everything straightened out, keep me upbeat and ready for the big day.
    The day before the wedding, my grandfather passed away. I include this because the way Erica made me feel has no price tag attached to it. She was genuine and kind, and most of all, understanding of the emotions I was feeling. I was a wreck, and she went so far above and beyond to help turn the day around. She let all the vendors know discreetly and managed literally everything the day of the wedding. I’m fairly sure I ended up forgetting things that we needed for the reception, and somehow everything ended up working out.
    Hire her. If you’re on the fence about doing partial planning or not, do it. It was worth its weight in WAY less stress throughout the process and know that you will not be disappointed with Erica.

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Sara! It was such a joy working with you through that emotional and beautiful day. Sending lots of hugs.
    Nneka Married on 10/10/2020

Wedding Planner

Helping Hand Parties are the go to planners for your wedding planning needs! The ceremony and reception was well coordinated and made everything about that day enjoyable and memorable. Lynn, was always accessible via text, phone, or email and very helpful. She stopped by to check on us the morning of as we got ready; that was nice!

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you Nneka! I’ll never forget how happy Brendan looked after your ceremony and dancing into the reception. Congratulations!
    Margaret H. Married on 09/25/2020

Wedding Planner

Erica was absolutely fantastic!! We were a couple that had to make the quick decision in March to re-plan our original May 2020 wedding for Sept 2020. Within 24 hours, Erica has contacted every vendor and secured them for our new date. Extremely responsive, sympathetic, caring, and efficient! The day was absolutely perfect. Couldn’t recommend more!!

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Margaret! Replanning gave us extra time to spend planning together. Loved every minute!
    Mollie H. Married on 09/12/2020

Best wedding planner

Lynn with Helping Hand Parties helped make my big day a breeze!! She handled everything for me such a timelines for everyone including all my vendors, family, and the wedding party, she helped with set up, and made sure throughout the day that I was doing okay and happy with everything! I would recommend Lynn and Erica to anyone! They will definitely take a lot of stress off of a bride and groom on wedding day!

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you Molly! We appreciate your kind words. Meadow Creek was so lovely on your wedding day! We wish you and Seth every happiness
    Erica R. Married on 06/26/2020

Great Wedding Planners

Lynn was a great planner. She was so helpful in organizing my deadlines for the wedding and reaching out to vendors to verify information. I am so happy with the service and help we received which assisted in my mid-corona wedding day going off without any problems. Day of she was present and made sure everything was organized. She has a great personality and is genuinely dedicated to making YOUR vision is a reality. I definitely recommend her!

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Erica, thank you so much for letting us be a part of your day! It was truly a pleasure to work with you.
    Traci Married on 03/10/2020

Wedding planning and details made easy

Erica made planning a wedding so easy. Her to-do lists, times lines, and reminders helped us stay on track so we were never stressed throughout the process. Even with having to postpone the wedding she contacted all our vendors and ensured they were available for our new date. She is a great communicator and listener. She understood what we wanted and always had good suggestions. And the day of the wedding was simply a joy because she had everyone where they were suppose to be when they were suppose to be there. To us our wedding seemed perfect. Thank you Erica!

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much, Traci! You were all were such a joy to work with! Thank you for having me as your planner!
    Tracy Married on 06/08/2019

Erica at Helping Hand Parties and Wedding is awesome - could not have pulled off my daughter's wedding without her!

Working with Erica Thimsen at Helping Hand Parties and Weddings was one of the best parts of planning my daughter's wedding. All of the vendors she recommended were truly professional, easy to work with, and did an awesome job! We hired Erica for the "month of" plan, and we could not have pulled off that last month without her help. She thought of the tiniest details to make sure our day went smoothly and as stress free as possible. As unbelievable as this sounds, as the mom of the bride I had a fun day the day of the wedding with few worries and had a great time at the wedding and reception. My daughter and her husband had the wedding of their dreams due to Erica's diligence in working so closely with them to figure out exactly what they wanted. Erica seemed to be everywhere taking care of everything! Erica is very organized, talented, and knows how to plan the perfect wedding! The best part was that she was available whenever I had questions. I would text or email her extremely early in the morning or late at night to which she would respond almost immediately. Erica has received numerous awards - all well deserved! We are truly grateful to have worked with such a phenomenal person!

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much, Tracy! That was so sweet! I'll miss all our communication together. I had fun working with you and your daughter!
    Mandie Married on 11/17/2018

Professional

I worked with Lynn for my wedding. She made everything such a breeze. She handled all of the venders timelines and communicated with them directly for me. My wedding turned out great, and I know I couldn’t have done it without her help.

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thanks Mandie! It was so special to be able to spend the day with you, your bridesmaids, your MOB and MOG. What a caring support group you have!
    Leah Married on 11/03/2018

Wonderful experience with Helping Hands!

I worked with Lynn from Helping Hands for my wedding and had a wonderful experience! Lynn is very calm under the chaos of wedding planning, which is a nice contrast to my somewhat all over the place personality. She went out of her way to help above and beyond whenever possible. She picked up and brought my wedding cake to the venue to avoid delivery fees and drove over an hour back to the venue to get my wedding dress preserved the next day. In addition to these minor details, Lynn took charge of every last detail I envisioned to make sure my dream day came to reality! Due to her planning and expertise, my wedding day went off without any complications and was perfect in every way.
    Karen Married on 10/06/2018

Great experience!

Erica and her team handled our daughter's Oct. wedding and we couldn't have asked for anyone better. Erica was nothing short of great and her team was made up of kind, patient, and tireless people. We can't thank them enough; hiring this planner was our best decision. It was just an awesome event and made my daughter beyond happy...which is everything to me.

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Oh, I love that, Karen. Thank you from all of us. Working with you from a distance and doing meetings with Alicia and Michael in person brought it all together so beautifully. Loved it!
    Jennifer Married on 09/22/2018
    Erica and her team are the BEST!! There are people that might tell you "Oh, you don't need a wedding director/planner" but I knew planning our Daughter's wedding and the dream that she had for her day you needed help to make it a reality. I'm so glad we found Erica!! Erica helped us every step of the way, with EVERYTHING!! She explained in detail every month what had to be done leading up to the very day of her wedding, so that you didn't miss or forget ANYTHING!! She and Lynn kept everything running smoothly the day of the wedding so that my daughter & I was stress free from the worries of vendors & the timing of the rain so we just got to enjoy the special day that it was. All the awards that you see that she has received is so deserving!! So, if you need a director/planner Erica with Helping Hands Parties is the BEST of the BEST!!
    Jennifer MOB

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much, Jennifer! You and Loran made this journey together so special. Thank you for the kind words!
    Anusha D. Married on 09/08/2018

Highly Recommend!

I highly recommend Erica Thimsen. She was the best (and most crucial) vendor on our wedding day. I had a big Indian wedding with a lot of little details. Erica is very organized, knowledgeable and detailed. All of the little details that needed to be ironed out days before (that we never thought of) Erica handled. She made the day completely stress free and because of her, everything ran smoothly

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Anusha! So sweet. Indian weddings can be a crazy time to organize but they are so much fun! Thanks for having me a part of your day!
    Kelly Married on 08/10/2018
    Erica was an absolute God send!! She was so attentive and did everything in her power to make sure my big day was perfect (which it was)! If anything went wrong on the wedding day I had no idea, which is how it should be. Zero complaints, she is fabulous!
  • Vicki
    Vicki Married on 06/02/2018

Mother of the Bride opinion

Calling Helping Hands was one of the best decisions we made while planning my daughters wedding. Erica was invaluable to me the month before the wedding, and I can’t even imagine the wedding day without her!

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Vicki! That was one gorgeous wedding and I loved working with you and Caroline! Thank you!
    Philip Married on 05/25/2018
    I have worked alongside Erica and her team on multiple events. They are always on point and great to work with! Communication is exceptional, organization is wonderful, and professionalism is above-and-beyond.

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much, Philip!
  • Ariel
    Ariel W. Married on 05/19/2018

I couldn't have done it without them!

Lynn made my life (and my mom's) so much easier during the wedding planning process, and most importantly on the day of. We used her for partial planning and she was so helpful. The day of the wedding she made sure I was nothing but happy and did everything I needed, wanted, and asked for. I don't know how we would have done it without her.
    Cassidy B. Married on 05/12/2018

Best Wedding Planner Ever

Working with Erica was a joy throughout the entire process. Like everyone else, we were nervous but excited, and clueless about where to find the vendors we wanted. Her list of connections in the industry is huge and she guided us every step of the way to ensure our big day was perfect. When that day arrived, she was there with us to bring calm to all the chaos. From our first meeting over coffee to waving us goodbye as we rode away from the reception, she was there to lend a Helping Hand. We can’t say enough good things about Erica and would highly recommend to anyone.

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Cassidy! The hardest part for me was waving good-bye to you and Will. Loved working with you!
  • Ashley
    Ashley W. Married on 11/04/2017

Wonderful!

She was incredibly helpful and made the decision making process less exhausting! Our wedding was absolutely beautiful
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 09/16/2017
    Hands down, Erica was THE BEST decision we made for our wedding. From day one, she was professional, very organized, and delightful to be around. We were clueless about how to tackle all of these little details and still be successful at our full time jobs! She provided us with a list of to-do’s every step of the way. From providing vendor recommendations to coordinating between them, she took a weight off of us through the entire process. Having her at our vendor meetings really helped keep everyone on the same page! She took the initiative to reach out when it was time for a meeting or my attention was needed on a certain item. We had several changes to our rentals (my fault!) along the way and, as a full coordination wedding, she shielded me from the headache of these revisions and coordinated them. (THANK YOU, ERICA!) Even when our makeup artist cancelled a month before the wedding, Erica made sure we had another exceptional vendor booked before the end of that day. As we neared the big day, Erica created a play by play timeline for the wedding weekend down to the 10 minute increment for our wedding party, families, and vendors. Her knowledge, communication skills, and professional connections in Huntsville were invaluable to making sure everything was coordinated correctly and appear effortless! Lynn joined Erica a month out before our wedding as our event’s second coordinator. Lynn is so sweet and helpful! She helped with several items to ensure that extra coordinating the day of went even smoother. Erica ensured that our expectations were communicated clearly and made sure to tell us when something wasn’t reasonable. She was amazing to work with and I loved the opportunity to get to know her! Erica is one of the kindest people and genuinely cared about making our day special. I am so glad we hired Helping Hand for full coordination! Our wedding day was everything I thought it would be and so much more. Helping Hand gave us our DREAM WEDDING!

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much, Rachel and Stephen! Loved our time together!