Helping Hand Parties & Weddings Reviews

88 | Huntsville, AL

88 Reviews for Helping Hand Parties & Weddings

Kassidy W. · Getting married on 10/02/2021

Could NOT Have Done It Without Her

Erica with Helping Hands is a planning genius. We wanted a LED dance floor, she found us a LED dance floor. We wanted a break dancer to perform at our wedding, she found a break dancer to perform at our wedding. We had a lot of strange ideas for our wedding. Everything that we wanted, she was able to find vendor that we needed or she and her team were able to provide it for us. A LOT of our wedding changed last minute and Erica was able to conquer every task that came her way. She was there whenever we needed her. She was on top of everything. I know and she probably knows (lol) that no one would be able to pull this crazy wedding off expect for her.

Sent on 03/04/2020

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much!! I'm always up for challenges and it was so much fun working with you and Simon! Congrats to both of you!

Nneka · Married on 10/10/2020

Wedding Planner

Helping Hand Parties are the go to planners for your wedding planning needs! The ceremony and reception was well coordinated and made everything about that day enjoyable and memorable. Lynn, was always accessible via text, phone, or email and very helpful. She stopped by to check on us the morning of as we got ready; that was nice!

Sent on 10/22/2020

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you Nneka! I’ll never forget how happy Brendan looked after your ceremony and dancing into the reception. Congratulations!

Margaret H. · Married on 09/25/2020

Wedding Planner

Erica was absolutely fantastic!! We were a couple that had to make the quick decision in March to re-plan our original May 2020 wedding for Sept 2020. Within 24 hours, Erica has contacted every vendor and secured them for our new date. Extremely responsive, sympathetic, caring, and efficient! The day was absolutely perfect. Couldn’t recommend more!!

Sent on 11/15/2020

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Margaret! Replanning gave us extra time to spend planning together. Loved every minute!

Mollie H. · Married on 09/12/2020

Best wedding planner

Lynn with Helping Hand Parties helped make my big day a breeze!! She handled everything for me such a timelines for everyone including all my vendors, family, and the wedding party, she helped with set up, and made sure throughout the day that I was doing okay and happy with everything! I would recommend Lynn and Erica to anyone! They will definitely take a lot of stress off of a bride and groom on wedding day!

Sent on 10/27/2020

Erica R. · Married on 06/26/2020

Great Wedding Planners

Lynn was a great planner. She was so helpful in organizing my deadlines for the wedding and reaching out to vendors to verify information. I am so happy with the service and help we received which assisted in my mid-corona wedding day going off without any problems. Day of she was present and made sure everything was organized. She has a great personality and is genuinely dedicated to making YOUR vision is a reality. I definitely recommend her!

Sent on 07/17/2020

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Erica, thank you so much for letting us be a part of your day! It was truly a pleasure to work with you.

Traci · Married on 03/10/2020

Wedding planning and details made easy

Erica made planning a wedding so easy. Her to-do lists, times lines, and reminders helped us stay on track so we were never stressed throughout the process. Even with having to postpone the wedding she contacted all our vendors and ensured they were available for our new date. She is a great communicator and listener. She understood what we wanted and always had good suggestions. And the day of the wedding was simply a joy because she had everyone where they were suppose to be when they were suppose to be there. To us our wedding seemed perfect. Thank you Erica!

Sent on 10/18/2020

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much, Traci! You were all were such a joy to work with! Thank you for having me as your planner!

Tracy · Married on 06/08/2019

Erica at Helping Hand Parties and Wedding is awesome - could not have pulled off my daughter's wedding without her!

Working with Erica Thimsen at Helping Hand Parties and Weddings was one of the best parts of planning my daughter's wedding. All of the vendors she recommended were truly professional, easy to work with, and did an awesome job! We hired Erica for the "month of" plan, and we could not have pulled off that last month without her help. She thought of the tiniest details to make sure our day went smoothly and as stress free as possible. As unbelievable as this sounds, as the mom of the bride I had a fun day the day of the wedding with few worries and had a great time at the wedding and reception. My daughter and her husband had the wedding of their dreams due to Erica's diligence in working so closely with them to figure out exactly what they wanted. Erica seemed to be everywhere taking care of everything! Erica is very organized, talented, and knows how to plan the perfect wedding! The best part was that she was available whenever I had questions. I would text or email her extremely early in the morning or late at night to which she would respond almost immediately. Erica has received numerous awards - all well deserved! We are truly grateful to have worked with such a phenomenal person!

Sent on 07/07/2019

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much, Tracy! That was so sweet! I'll miss all our communication together. I had fun working with you and your daughter!

Mandie · Married on 11/17/2018

Professional

I worked with Lynn for my wedding. She made everything such a breeze. She handled all of the venders timelines and communicated with them directly for me. My wedding turned out great, and I know I couldn’t have done it without her help.

Sent on 10/28/2020

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thanks Mandie! It was so special to be able to spend the day with you, your bridesmaids, your MOB and MOG. What a caring support group you have!

Leah · Married on 11/03/2018

Wonderful experience with Helping Hands!

I worked with Lynn from Helping Hands for my wedding and had a wonderful experience! Lynn is very calm under the chaos of wedding planning, which is a nice contrast to my somewhat all over the place personality. She went out of her way to help above and beyond whenever possible. She picked up and brought my wedding cake to the venue to avoid delivery fees and drove over an hour back to the venue to get my wedding dress preserved the next day. In addition to these minor details, Lynn took charge of every last detail I envisioned to make sure my dream day came to reality! Due to her planning and expertise, my wedding day went off without any complications and was perfect in every way.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Karen · Married on 10/06/2018

Great experience!

Erica and her team handled our daughter's Oct. wedding and we couldn't have asked for anyone better. Erica was nothing short of great and her team was made up of kind, patient, and tireless people. We can't thank them enough; hiring this planner was our best decision. It was just an awesome event and made my daughter beyond happy...which is everything to me.

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Oh, I love that, Karen. Thank you from all of us. Working with you from a distance and doing meetings with Alicia and Michael in person brought it all together so beautifully. Loved it!

Jennifer · Married on 09/22/2018

Erica and her team are the BEST!! There are people that might tell you "Oh, you don't need a wedding director/planner" but I knew planning our Daughter's wedding and the dream that she had for her day you needed help to make it a reality. I'm so glad we found Erica!! Erica helped us every step of the way, with EVERYTHING!! She explained in detail every month what had to be done leading up to the very day of her wedding, so that you didn't miss or forget ANYTHING!! She and Lynn kept everything running smoothly the day of the wedding so that my daughter & I was stress free from the worries of vendors & the timing of the rain so we just got to enjoy the special day that it was. All the awards that you see that she has received is so deserving!! So, if you need a director/planner Erica with Helping Hands Parties is the BEST of the BEST!!
    Jennifer MOB

Sent on 10/08/2018

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much, Jennifer! You and Loran made this journey together so special. Thank you for the kind words!

Anusha D. · Married on 09/08/2018

Highly Recommend!

I highly recommend Erica Thimsen. She was the best (and most crucial) vendor on our wedding day. I had a big Indian wedding with a lot of little details. Erica is very organized, knowledgeable and detailed. All of the little details that needed to be ironed out days before (that we never thought of) Erica handled. She made the day completely stress free and because of her, everything ran smoothly

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Anusha! So sweet. Indian weddings can be a crazy time to organize but they are so much fun! Thanks for having me a part of your day!

Kelly · Married on 08/10/2018

Erica was an absolute God send!! She was so attentive and did everything in her power to make sure my big day was perfect (which it was)! If anything went wrong on the wedding day I had no idea, which is how it should be. Zero complaints, she is fabulous!

Sent on 06/06/2013
  • Vicki

Vicki · Married on 06/02/2018

Mother of the Bride opinion

Calling Helping Hands was one of the best decisions we made while planning my daughters wedding. Erica was invaluable to me the month before the wedding, and I can’t even imagine the wedding day without her!

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Vicki! That was one gorgeous wedding and I loved working with you and Caroline! Thank you!

Philip · Married on 05/25/2018

I have worked alongside Erica and her team on multiple events. They are always on point and great to work with! Communication is exceptional, organization is wonderful, and professionalism is above-and-beyond.

Sent on 05/23/2018

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much, Philip!
  • Ariel

Ariel W. · Married on 05/19/2018

I couldn't have done it without them!

Lynn made my life (and my mom's) so much easier during the wedding planning process, and most importantly on the day of. We used her for partial planning and she was so helpful. The day of the wedding she made sure I was nothing but happy and did everything I needed, wanted, and asked for. I don't know how we would have done it without her.

Cassidy B. · Married on 05/12/2018

Best Wedding Planner Ever

Working with Erica was a joy throughout the entire process. Like everyone else, we were nervous but excited, and clueless about where to find the vendors we wanted. Her list of connections in the industry is huge and she guided us every step of the way to ensure our big day was perfect. When that day arrived, she was there with us to bring calm to all the chaos. From our first meeting over coffee to waving us goodbye as we rode away from the reception, she was there to lend a Helping Hand. We can’t say enough good things about Erica and would highly recommend to anyone.

Sent on 03/07/2019

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Cassidy! The hardest part for me was waving good-bye to you and Will. Loved working with you!
  • Ashley

Ashley W. · Married on 11/04/2017

Wonderful!

She was incredibly helpful and made the decision making process less exhausting! Our wedding was absolutely beautiful

Sent on 11/27/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 09/16/2017

Hands down, Erica was THE BEST decision we made for our wedding. From day one, she was professional, very organized, and delightful to be around. We were clueless about how to tackle all of these little details and still be successful at our full time jobs! She provided us with a list of to-do’s every step of the way. From providing vendor recommendations to coordinating between them, she took a weight off of us through the entire process. Having her at our vendor meetings really helped keep everyone on the same page! She took the initiative to reach out when it was time for a meeting or my attention was needed on a certain item. We had several changes to our rentals (my fault!) along the way and, as a full coordination wedding, she shielded me from the headache of these revisions and coordinated them. (THANK YOU, ERICA!) Even when our makeup artist cancelled a month before the wedding, Erica made sure we had another exceptional vendor booked before the end of that day. As we neared the big day, Erica created a play by play timeline for the wedding weekend down to the 10 minute increment for our wedding party, families, and vendors. Her knowledge, communication skills, and professional connections in Huntsville were invaluable to making sure everything was coordinated correctly and appear effortless! Lynn joined Erica a month out before our wedding as our event’s second coordinator. Lynn is so sweet and helpful! She helped with several items to ensure that extra coordinating the day of went even smoother. Erica ensured that our expectations were communicated clearly and made sure to tell us when something wasn’t reasonable. She was amazing to work with and I loved the opportunity to get to know her! Erica is one of the kindest people and genuinely cared about making our day special. I am so glad we hired Helping Hand for full coordination! Our wedding day was everything I thought it would be and so much more. Helping Hand gave us our DREAM WEDDING!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much, Rachel and Stephen! Loved our time together!

Jennifer · Married on 08/26/2017

I chose Helping Hand to be a part of my Month of Planning for my wedding. Erica and Lynn are just fantastic! Hiring them was one of the best decisions of my wedding. They are both very organized, knowledgeable, and truly a pleasure to meet and plan a wedding with. I would highly recommend hiring them for your wedding. My wedding day was perfect and everything went off without a hitch thanks to Lynn and Erica. Having a wedding planner truly made my wedding planning experience much less stressful and gave me confidence on my big day. Thanks so much Lynn and Erica!!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Kaitlyn · Married on 06/24/2017

After doing some research and speaking with friends we decided to go with Erica as our wedding planner. This was one of the best decisions we made in terms of our wedding! I consider myself a pretty detailed, organized person and had a very clear vision for our wedding. But Erica was able to help us take everything to the next level. Not only is she extremely attentive and detail oriented but she was able to reach out to and suggest the BEST vendors possible for us based on my vision for our wedding day. My husband and I live out of state and chose to get married in Huntsville (our hometown) and Erica was so accommodating with meetings and communication throughout our planning process. She made its possible for my mom and I to enjoy the process rather than being majorly stressed the entire time. When it came to the weeks and last few months leading up to our wedding day she had very detailed check lists prepared for us that we all went through together. By doing this there was NO guessing when it came to who would do what on our wedding day. Erica truly thinks of EVERY detail! She kept the day smooth, organized, and relaxing for us. It truly would not have been such a fabulous day without Erica and her team there. I am so grateful to her for all of the work and support she provided throughout the process! I promise, if you choose Erica you will not be disappointed and you will have the most amazing day.

Sent on 08/16/2017

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Kaitlyn! I so enjoyed working with you and helping it all come together. I'm so happy that I got to be a part of such a special day!

Ginny · Married on 05/20/2017

Erica kept our wedding planning and day running smoothly throughout many obstacles. On the actual day we had to make quick adjustments and change to our rain plan. Erica and her team were able to remain composed during all the chaos. My mother and I knew we wanted a planner that was organized and communicative and Erica more than delivered!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Ginny!! It was a crazy day, but it turned out to be the sweetest ceremony and a great rain party!

Kathy · Married on 05/20/2017

Despite the torrential downpour, my daughter's wedding day was unforgettable! There is no way to express how much Erica did to make the day run smoothly and I KNOW it would not have turned out as well without her!

Sent on 09/02/2017

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Kathy! That crazy front that came through could not put a damper on this wedding! Thanks for letting me be a part of her day!
  • I

Ivy · Married on 05/13/2017

Erica and her team were so helpful and helped save my big day. I was in need of a planner to help with all of the details and arranging meetings since I was an out of town bride. She worked with my crazy schedule and helped my big day come together. photos by Liss Sterling photography

Sent on 06/07/2018

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much, Ivy! You know I just adore you and loved working with you to make your dream a reality.

Haley · Married on 04/08/2017

When asking my friends in the Huntsville wedding scene who I should look in to as a wedding planner, every one of them said "Erica!" She came highly recommended. The moment my mother and I sat down with her to talk about the wedding and planning packages, we knew we needed her on the big day and every day leading up to it! She gave us periodic timelines to help keep us organized and stress-free. When it came to the wedding day, she had everything perfect and it ran smooth. We couldn't have done it without her! If there was a blemish the day of the wedding, I never knew it! I can't imagine pulling it off without her.

Sent on 04/22/2017

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much, Haley! You and your family were a joy to work with and I loved working with you this past year! Love, Erica