Helping Hand Parties & Weddings Reviews

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings 2
Helping Hand Parties & Weddings 3
Helping Hand Parties & Weddings 4

Leah · Married on 11/03/2018

Wonderful experience with Helping Hands!

I worked with Lynn from Helping Hands for my wedding and had a wonderful experience! Lynn is very calm under the chaos of wedding planning, which is a nice contrast to my somewhat all over the place personality. She went out of her way to help above and beyond whenever possible. She picked up and brought my wedding cake to the venue to avoid delivery fees and drove over an hour back to the venue to get my wedding dress preserved the next day. In addition to these minor details, Lynn took charge of every last detail I envisioned to make sure my dream day came to reality! Due to her planning and expertise, my wedding day went off without any complications and was perfect in every way.

Karen · Married on 10/06/2018

Great experience!

Erica and her team handled our daughter's Oct. wedding and we couldn't have asked for anyone better. Erica was nothing short of great and her team was made up of kind, patient, and tireless people. We can't thank them enough; hiring this planner was our best decision. It was just an awesome event and made my daughter beyond happy...which is everything to me.

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Oh, I love that, Karen. Thank you from all of us. Working with you from a distance and doing meetings with Alicia and Michael in person brought it all together so beautifully. Loved it!

Anusha David · Married on 09/08/2018

Highly Recommend!

I highly recommend Erica Thimsen. She was the best (and most crucial) vendor on our wedding day. I had a big Indian wedding with a lot of little details. Erica is very organized, knowledgeable and detailed. All of the little details that needed to be ironed out days before (that we never thought of) Erica handled. She made the day completely stress free and because of her, everything ran smoothly

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Anusha! So sweet. Indian weddings can be a crazy time to organize but they are so much fun! Thanks for having me a part of your day!

Kelly · Married on 08/10/2018

Erica was an absolute God send!! She was so attentive and did everything in her power to make sure my big day was perfect (which it was)! If anything went wrong on the wedding day I had no idea, which is how it should be. Zero complaints, she is fabulous!

• Vicki

Vicki · Married on 06/02/2018

Mother of the Bride opinion

Calling Helping Hands was one of the best decisions we made while planning my daughters wedding. Erica was invaluable to me the month before the wedding, and I can’t even imagine the wedding day without her!

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Vicki! That was one gorgeous wedding and I loved working with you and Caroline! Thank you!

Philip · Married on 05/25/2018

I have worked alongside Erica and her team on multiple events. They are always on point and great to work with! Communication is exceptional, organization is wonderful, and professionalism is above-and-beyond.

Sent on 05/23/2018

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much, Philip!
  • Ariel

Ariel Wimberly · Married on 05/19/2018

I couldn't have done it without them!

Lynn made my life (and my mom's) so much easier during the wedding planning process, and most importantly on the day of. We used her for partial planning and she was so helpful. The day of the wedding she made sure I was nothing but happy and did everything I needed, wanted, and asked for. I don't know how we would have done it without her.

• Ashley

Ashley Wilson · Married on 11/04/2017

Wonderful!

She was incredibly helpful and made the decision making process less exhausting! Our wedding was absolutely beautiful

• Rachel

Rachel · Married on 09/16/2017

Hands down, Erica was THE BEST decision we made for our wedding. From day one, she was professional, very organized, and delightful to be around. We were clueless about how to tackle all of these little details and still be successful at our full time jobs! She provided us with a list of to-do’s every step of the way. From providing vendor recommendations to coordinating between them, she took a weight off of us through the entire process. Having her at our vendor meetings really helped keep everyone on the same page! She took the initiative to reach out when it was time for a meeting or my attention was needed on a certain item. We had several changes to our rentals (my fault!) along the way and, as a full coordination wedding, she shielded me from the headache of these revisions and coordinated them. (THANK YOU, ERICA!) Even when our makeup artist cancelled a month before the wedding, Erica made sure we had another exceptional vendor booked before the end of that day. As we neared the big day, Erica created a play by play timeline for the wedding weekend down to the 10 minute increment for our wedding party, families, and vendors. Her knowledge, communication skills, and professional connections in Huntsville were invaluable to making sure everything was coordinated correctly and appear effortless! Lynn joined Erica a month out before our wedding as our event’s second coordinator. Lynn is so sweet and helpful! She helped with several items to ensure that extra coordinating the day of went even smoother. Erica ensured that our expectations were communicated clearly and made sure to tell us when something wasn’t reasonable. She was amazing to work with and I loved the opportunity to get to know her! Erica is one of the kindest people and genuinely cared about making our day special. I am so glad we hired Helping Hand for full coordination! Our wedding day was everything I thought it would be and so much more. Helping Hand gave us our DREAM WEDDING!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much, Rachel and Stephen! Loved our time together!

Jennifer · Married on 08/26/2017

I chose Helping Hand to be a part of my Month of Planning for my wedding. Erica and Lynn are just fantastic! Hiring them was one of the best decisions of my wedding. They are both very organized, knowledgeable, and truly a pleasure to meet and plan a wedding with. I would highly recommend hiring them for your wedding. My wedding day was perfect and everything went off without a hitch thanks to Lynn and Erica. Having a wedding planner truly made my wedding planning experience much less stressful and gave me confidence on my big day. Thanks so much Lynn and Erica!!

Kaitlyn · Married on 06/24/2017

After doing some research and speaking with friends we decided to go with Erica as our wedding planner. This was one of the best decisions we made in terms of our wedding! I consider myself a pretty detailed, organized person and had a very clear vision for our wedding. But Erica was able to help us take everything to the next level. Not only is she extremely attentive and detail oriented but she was able to reach out to and suggest the BEST vendors possible for us based on my vision for our wedding day. My husband and I live out of state and chose to get married in Huntsville (our hometown) and Erica was so accommodating with meetings and communication throughout our planning process. She made its possible for my mom and I to enjoy the process rather than being majorly stressed the entire time. When it came to the weeks and last few months leading up to our wedding day she had very detailed check lists prepared for us that we all went through together. By doing this there was NO guessing when it came to who would do what on our wedding day. Erica truly thinks of EVERY detail! She kept the day smooth, organized, and relaxing for us. It truly would not have been such a fabulous day without Erica and her team there. I am so grateful to her for all of the work and support she provided throughout the process! I promise, if you choose Erica you will not be disappointed and you will have the most amazing day.

Sent on 08/16/2017

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Kaitlyn! I so enjoyed working with you and helping it all come together. I'm so happy that I got to be a part of such a special day!

Ginny · Married on 05/20/2017

Erica kept our wedding planning and day running smoothly throughout many obstacles. On the actual day we had to make quick adjustments and change to our rain plan. Erica and her team were able to remain composed during all the chaos. My mother and I knew we wanted a planner that was organized and communicative and Erica more than delivered!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Ginny!! It was a crazy day, but it turned out to be the sweetest ceremony and a great rain party!

Kathy · Married on 05/20/2017

Despite the torrential downpour, my daughter's wedding day was unforgettable! There is no way to express how much Erica did to make the day run smoothly and I KNOW it would not have turned out as well without her!

Sent on 09/02/2017

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Kathy! That crazy front that came through could not put a damper on this wedding! Thanks for letting me be a part of her day!
  • I

Ivy · Married on 05/13/2017

Erica and her team were so helpful and helped save my big day. I was in need of a planner to help with all of the details and arranging meetings since I was an out of town bride. She worked with my crazy schedule and helped my big day come together. photos by Liss Sterling photography

Sent on 06/07/2018
    Helping Hand Parties & Weddings 5
    Helping Hand Parties & Weddings 6
    Helping Hand Parties & Weddings 7
    Helping Hand Parties & Weddings 8

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much, Ivy! You know I just adore you and loved working with you to make your dream a reality.

Haley · Married on 04/08/2017

When asking my friends in the Huntsville wedding scene who I should look in to as a wedding planner, every one of them said "Erica!" She came highly recommended. The moment my mother and I sat down with her to talk about the wedding and planning packages, we knew we needed her on the big day and every day leading up to it! She gave us periodic timelines to help keep us organized and stress-free. When it came to the wedding day, she had everything perfect and it ran smooth. We couldn't have done it without her! If there was a blemish the day of the wedding, I never knew it! I can't imagine pulling it off without her.

Sent on 04/22/2017

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much, Haley! You and your family were a joy to work with and I loved working with you this past year! Love, Erica

Michelle · Married on 04/01/2017

I received many compliments on being the most relaxed bride they’ve ever seen from my guests, and it is all a great credit to Erica. Her attention to details is reflected in the precise timeline she provided us and our wedding was executed flawlessly as a result of her directing skills and regular communication with all our vendors. She gave us fantastic vendor suggestions, and her experience was extremely helpful to our decision making in all aspects for the wedding. She kept us on track in our 6-month planning with regular meetings around our hectic work and travel schedules. The day of the wedding, I woke up knowing I’m in good hands and simply sat back and enjoyed my getting ready time with my bridesmaids, our ceremony, and our time with guests at the reception. At the end of the evening, we also left knowing she has everything covered and just relax and unwind for the rest of the night.

Rhonda · Married on 03/25/2017

As a mother I always wanted to give our daughter the wedding of her dreams and Helping Hand Parties & Weddings did just that. Erica was phenomenal, From our very first meeting to the last. She was so knowledgeable with event planning offering ideas and suggestions in all our planning stages. Her detailed planning was spot on. From contacting and organizing timelines for all vendors to timelines for our daughter's wedding day. She was always available to answer any questions or concerns I had. Erica succeeded in making our daughter's wedding a beautiful dream come true!
    ~~Rhonda

Sent on 03/28/2017

Helping Hand Parties & Weddings's reply:

Oh, thank you so much! I loved working with you both!

Kathy · Married on 11/20/2016

I am the mother of bride wanting to give my daughter the wedding she always wanted but also wanting to enjoy the evening myself. Erica with Helping Hands and Lynn did a wonderful job asking my daughter questions, helping her decide the type and style of wedding she wanted. From there we picked vendors to match her style. Erica is very knowledgable of all vendors and is widely praised by them. She is very responsive to emails and texts. She is very detailed and made a very detailed timeline for us to follow. She also met with the groom the week of the wedding to make sure he was comfortable with everything. When asked, she gave honest feedback which was what I wanted. In the end the bride and groom and mother and father of the bride were all able to enjoy the day worry free! There were nothing but happy memories. I highly recommend Lynn and Erica with Helping Hands and would use them again. Not to mention they are ethical, kind and patient. Everything you want the day of the wedding!

Amanda · Married on 11/11/2016

Erica with Helping Hand Parties and Weddings has several options for someone looking for a wedding planner. We chose the partial planning option because we wanted to be hands on in making decisions and we knew for the most part what we wanted. From day one Erica was very responsive with emails, texting or phone calls. There were many things involved in wedding planning that we had not thought about. She had many suggestions and ideas for things to do during the wedding. She knew the venue well and knew what would work and what would not work. Erica has a very good working relationship with other vendors. All the other vendors knew who she was and how organized she is. They had nothing but good things to say about her. I was worried about leaving the wedding and my parents having a lot of cleaning up to do, but they said Erica wouldn't let them lift a finger. Erica made sure everything ran smoothly. She helped make our fairytale wedding come true!
    Amanda and Tom

Amanda · Married on 10/29/2016

I was the bride who knew exactly what I wanted & most vendors were booked 7 months out, but I needed help with the details / day of items. Helping Hand Parties & Weddings exceeded everything I could have imagined. Erica helped me follow through with my dream wedding from coordinating the vendors to assisting with last minute decorations to giving an honest opinion when it was needed. Erica's timelines for the day of were so detailed that there is no way anything could be missed. The day of my wedding Erica & Leigh handled everything, holding my flowers during pictures, assisting the vendors as they arrived, and making sure the bridal party was in the right place at the right time. My dream wedding came true and most of the credit goes to Helping Hand Parties & Weddings. I highly recommend Helping Hand Parties & Weddings for any wedding planning service. Excellent service, flexible meeting times, & very detailed. You will not be disappointed!!

Paige · Married on 10/22/2016

Erica was truly an asset to the wedding planning process! From the very first meeting my mother and I could tell that we were in good hands with her. It was so helpful to have a seasoned professional who could recommend vendors and help make our visions a reality. As an out of town bride I was a bit nervous about planning from afar, but Erica was wonderful at keeping us on task and sending detailed checklists for us to complete on time. Erica is also extremely prompt and professional and was always quick to respond to any questions we had. She was incredibly flexible with meeting times and alway accommodated my schedule when I was in town. Prior to the wedding day she took care of coordinating all the vendors which relieved a huge burden from us and allowed us to more easily enjoy the festivities instead of focusing on all of the timing details. Having Erica there on the wedding day was incredible! I cannot imagine anything going more smoothly than it did. She truly took the stress away from us and allowed us to enjoy every single second! If there were any problems, I did not see them (or even know about them) because Erica had already found a solution. We absolutely loved our wedding! I would even say that it far exceeded my expectations. I truly could not stop smiling! We have since received many compliments on how beautiful and organized it was and a huge part of that is due to Erica and Helping Hand Parties & Weddings. We could not have done it without her! I highly recommend letting Erica put her magic touch on your wedding too!!

Ashley · Married on 10/15/2016

Erica and her staff at Helping Hands did such an amazing job decorating our reception venue! She is such a joy to work with, and understood exactly what we wanted. She gave helpful tips and ideas, and was extremely responsive to any email or phone call. Erica even made sure everything was in place with our vendors. Given she only had just a limited time frame to work in, everything was beyond perfect! Everyone said our wedding looked like a fairytale...and it was! I highly recommend Helping Hand Parties & Weddings.

Rachel · Married on 09/24/2016

Helping Hands Parties is hands down the best in Huntsville!! Erica and her staff went above and beyond to ensure my wedding was everything I asked for and more. With her experience, patience, creativity, and attention to detail, my 200+ wedding guests and I were able to enjoy all the festivities at The Ledges of Huntsville without a worry!! I couldn't have had a smoother planning process without Erica's help! Such a joy to work with - can't wait until the next event!

Cynthia · Married on 07/09/2016

We highly recommend that anyone planning a wedding enlist Erica with Helping Hands as the coordinator. Erica is an absolutely wonderful person to work with and we are so thankful she helped us. It was the best decision we made to ensure our wedding went well. She is professional, knowledgeable, and highly organized. Every time an issue came up, Erica always had good, informed options for handling it. From the start of the planning until the day of the wedding, and even after, Erica was there to guide us through the process. She is a patient, kind, calming presence, even when we made some significant changes late. We were in school in two different towns during most of the planning. Despite that, Erica was right there the whole time working with us and our families to make sure we had the wedding of our dreams. When we called or sent an e-mail, she always responded promptly. Her checklists at every phase were really helpful. She worked so effectively with all the wonderful vendors involved in our wedding. Erica does a wonderful job of developing detailed timelines for every party involved in the wedding. Knowing that everything was in Erica's very capable hands allowed us to relax and enjoy all of the wedding events. We planned an outdoor wedding and had the added stress of worrying about the weather. Erica had a good rain plan, which greatly relieved us and our families. As it turned out, we were blessed with weather that could not have been better during our ceremony. In working with Erica, we noticed that she really wants every bride and groom to have a wedding that represents their own personal style. We loved our wedding and thought it was so beautiful and so much fun. Erica and Helping Hands were a big reason we had such a wonderful day. Thank you! Cindy