Heinz Memorial Chapel

Pittsburgh, PA View map
4.5 out of 5 rating
$949 - $1k For 100 Guests

$949 - $1k For 100 Guests

Heinz Memorial Chapel is a nondenominational chapel given by the H.J. Heinz family to the University of Pittsburgh.

Dedicated in 1938, the chapel hosts approximately 1,000 events annually including religious services, weddings, classes, lectures, concerts, memorial services, and guided tours.

The Neo-Gothic chapel's stained glass features individuals renowned in religion, art, science, music and literature in windows that are among the tallest in the world.

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$1,500

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$1,500

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Chairs
Lighting/Sound
Parking
Set Up

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Religious

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony

What event services do you offer?

Event Rentals

What event items are available?

Audio Equipment
Chairs

What transportation and access is available?

Parking

3.9 out of 5 rating

• Holly
    Holly R. Married on 07/02/2021

Amazing memory

As two Pitt grads, we have always dreamed of having our wedding ceremony at the famous Heinz chapel - and it truly lived up to the hype. During the hay day of covid, we were disappointed with how harsh the restrictions on capacity were and ended up changing to a later date. Thankfully in July we were allowed to have all the guests we wanted, no face masks when walking down the aisle, and an overall amazing experience. Melissa and her team were great to work with and ran our rehearsal and day of seamlessly. We are so glad we waited to have it at Heinz chapel because it really made the day special.
  • Denalyn
    Denalyn Married on 09/28/2019

Beautiful ceremony

I want to thank Corinne, Bill, and the rest of the staff for making my ceremony run perfectly. I was pretty stressed out and unorganized as the days inched closer to my wedding. Corinne was super patience, answered my questions, and provided feedback that helped me make decisions to make the day go smooth. Bill was also helpful with giving me suggestions with my music and coordinating with my pop pop's song for the wedding. I am forever grateful for their assistance.

My family and friends continue to compliment that my ceremony was beautiful. My husband and I are not big on decorating and heinz chapel was perfect for us. The chapel was absolutely beautiful.
  • Katy
    Katy R. Married on 05/11/2019

Five stars!

The venue speaks for itself! I graduated from Pitt, so it was so special to have our wedding here! Most of our guests were from out of town and had never been to Pittsburgh and they were blown away by how beautiful the chapel was! I planned the entire wedding myself from California, where I now live. The staff made it so easy and were so well-organized. They stick to a strict time schedule and were very professional. Corinne was our coordinator and she was awesome to work with! She listed to all of our ideas and helped make sure everything ran smoothly during the rehearsal and on the day of the wedding. The organ music was incredible too! I really cannot say enough great things and couldn't be happier! What an awesome memory to be married in such a beautiful place!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

Real Weddings

• Kristy & Ryan
    37 photos 路 04/30/2022

Pricing

Pittsburgh Wedding Officiant Pittsburgh Wedding Officiant Wedding Officiants

Heinz Chapel is arguably the most beautiful Chapel in our City. From the reverence of the Chapel to the professionalism and outstanding efficiency of the staff this is an Amazing venue to say the least. I have performed over one hundred Ceremonies a Heinz Chapel and would do a hundred more for these and many other reasons.

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
4200 Fifth Avenue, University of Pittsburgh Pittsburgh, PA, 15260
Location of (Heinz Memorial Chapel)

Heinz Memorial Chapel frequently asked questions

What items and services are included in the starting site fee at Heinz Memorial Chapel?

Heinz Memorial Chapel includes the following items and services for wedding events in its starting site fee:
  • Bridal Suite
  • Chairs
  • Lighting/Sound
  • Parking
  • Set Up

What are the most important characteristics of Heinz Memorial Chapel in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by Heinz Memorial Chapel for wedding events is known for:
  • Religious

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at Heinz Memorial Chapel for wedding events?

Heinz Memorial Chapel offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:
  • Indoor

What kind of wedding events does Heinz Memorial Chapel offer?

Heinz Memorial Chapel offers the following types of wedding events:
  • Ceremony

What services does Heinz Memorial Chapel offer for wedding events?

Heinz Memorial Chapel offers the following services for wedding events:
  • Event Rentals

What furniture and decorations does Heinz Memorial Chapel have available for wedding events?

Heinz Memorial Chapel offers the following furniture and decor items for weddings:
  • Audio Equipment
  • Chairs

What percentage of users recommend Heinz Memorial Chapel and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Heinz Memorial Chapel is recommended by 97% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 4.5 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 4.7 in quality of service, 4.7 in average response time, 4.7 in professionalism, 4.6 in value and 3.9 in flexibility.

Other vendors in Pittsburgh for your wedding

Wedding Venues