main street, Berwick, ME 03908 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Hair that Moves

my business is set up to travel on site for weddings. Whether you are having a destination wedding or just looking for a relaxed getting ready process for your wedding day. Everything from wedding hair to everyday hair care.Over 13 years experience. Studied in New york, Las Vegas and Boston.

mel jason nonantum wedding 012 51 127763

1 User photo

Hair that Moves 1

Katherine Stewart · Married on 08/03/2019

Thank you, Lena!

Lena is the best. Hire her now!! I spent a lot of time researching different hair stylists in the lead-up to our wedding day, and I was thrilled to find Lena. It was important to me that whoever I went with 1) had experience working with women of color (not a given in New England) and 2) would think with me and my party members so that we all had looks we were excited about! Suffice to say, Lena was a dream.

From the hair trial to the day of, working with her was such a pleasure. I wanted to do an up-do of some kind, but was growing my hair out and only had shoulder-length hair at the time of my trial. We figured out a style that hit all the notes I hoped for and worked for me. I felt gorgeous all night! Every member of my wedding party went with something a little different, as befits each person's style, and they were all so happy with what they ended up with. We couldn't stop oohing and aahing at each other.

On the day-of, her calm, collected presence was such a gift. She and our makeup artist (plug for Joanne at Joya Beauty!) put together a schedule in consultation with our photographer so that everyone knew what the plan was. With that out of the way, it was so nice to be able to hang out in the morning and have a little bit of low-key normalcy in the midst of such a hectic, fun, emotional day. Looking back, I think the time spent getting ready was some of my favorite moments all day. Lena, thank you for being a part of it!

Sent on 08/14/2019

Hair that Moves's reply:

Honestly- this is the most thoughtful review! It has me in tears. To hear that I made you happy and feel comfortable and at ease on the day of your wedding is honestly, the best compliment. It is my goal to help brides with all of the things you mentioned, and I am really so happy that I met your expectations! thank you for choosing me to share in your special day! I hope for years to come you will look back and enjoy the memories, Now if you can get all of your Maine friends to hire me- we can see each other over and over. I can fly to Colorado too...

Kelley Stump · Married on 08/02/2019

The Absolute Best!

Look no further for your wedding day hair stylist! Lena is the absolute BEST in the business. She's open to ideas, provides incredibly helpful counsel, communicates efficiently and effectively (I had a destination wedding!), and she's so fun to work with and have by your side on your wedding day. My trial was smooth and easy, leaving me feeling confident and excited about my hairstyle ahead of the big day. On my wedding day, my hair looked perfect from the moment Lena finished through the rest of the evening - what more could you ask for!? Not only this, but my mom and my bridesmaids loved Lena as well; they were all thrilled with their styles and felt that they lasted throughout the entire night. We truly can't thank her enough for the amazing job she did and the fun, positive energy she brought to our ready room!

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen Fleming · Married on 07/06/2019

Book Hair that Moves!

Lena is absolutely fantastic. We got married in the midst of major July humidity in NH, and she could not have been more prepared! She took great care to make sure everyone looked and felt beautiful -- I could not have been happier with her. She's also such a fun person and adds to the overall positive vibe of getting ready. I love Lena and highly recommend her!!!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Hair that Moves's reply:

Kristen, thank you so much, the honor was mine. I am so glad I came prepared to help to try to fight the super humidity on your wedding day. I had so much fun with your friends. wishing you all the best

Hair that Moves FAQ

• What is the base price for blowouts for brides? $ 75.00
  • What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 65.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for brides? $ 400.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides? $ 250.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members? $ 125.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides? $ 250.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides? $ 150.00
  • What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 250.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members? $ 90.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes? Yes
  • What is the base price for manicures? $ 45.00
  • What is the base price for pedicures? $ 65.00
  • What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Manicure / Pedicure, Licensed
  • What hair services do you offer? Blowouts, Coloring, Extensions, Relaxer, Haircuts, Keratin, Perm, Updos / Styling
  • What makeup services do you offer? Airbrush Makeup, Natural Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Makeup Trial, Fake Lashes
  • What is the maximum group size you can accommodate? 16

Real Weddings

• Rivermill at Dover Landing
    Rivermill at Dover Landing Banquet Halls

Lena is amazingly talented and a true professional. Her attention to detail and creativity are unmatched by anyone in the Seacoast and beyond. We are incredibly fortunate to have her in our own backyard.

• Berwick, 03901 See on map