Hair that Moves Reviews

1 User photo

Hair that Moves 1

Gabrielle Davidson · Married on 08/25/2019

Amazing to Work With!

Lena is amazing to work with! I used her for my wedding day hair stylist. She is kind, friendly and professional and easy to work with. I knew that I wanted an updo for my wedding hair style and during the hair trial we figured out what was going to look best. She made me feel beautiful and confident during the trial that I knew I would feel the same on the big day. On the wedding day Lena was a fun presence to have in the room while all of us girls were getting ready. All of my bridesmaids were even raving about how beautiful their hairstyles were!

Lena is so talented at what she does! Her suggestions and expertise I believe is why my hair style looked so good on my wedding day. She did such a beautiful job! I can't recommend her enough!!

Sent on 09/05/2019

Hair that Moves's reply:

Gabrielle,I was so honored to work with you for your big day. It is also so special that I got to help some of these same bridesmaids with their prom hair and then on your wedding.
    I had fun with you and your bridal party, it was such a special day! thank you for having me!

Katherine Stewart · Married on 08/03/2019

Thank you, Lena!

Lena is the best. Hire her now!! I spent a lot of time researching different hair stylists in the lead-up to our wedding day, and I was thrilled to find Lena. It was important to me that whoever I went with 1) had experience working with women of color (not a given in New England) and 2) would think with me and my party members so that we all had looks we were excited about! Suffice to say, Lena was a dream.

From the hair trial to the day of, working with her was such a pleasure. I wanted to do an up-do of some kind, but was growing my hair out and only had shoulder-length hair at the time of my trial. We figured out a style that hit all the notes I hoped for and worked for me. I felt gorgeous all night! Every member of my wedding party went with something a little different, as befits each person's style, and they were all so happy with what they ended up with. We couldn't stop oohing and aahing at each other.

On the day-of, her calm, collected presence was such a gift. She and our makeup artist (plug for Joanne at Joya Beauty!) put together a schedule in consultation with our photographer so that everyone knew what the plan was. With that out of the way, it was so nice to be able to hang out in the morning and have a little bit of low-key normalcy in the midst of such a hectic, fun, emotional day. Looking back, I think the time spent getting ready was some of my favorite moments all day. Lena, thank you for being a part of it!

Sent on 08/14/2019

Hair that Moves's reply:

Honestly- this is the most thoughtful review! It has me in tears. To hear that I made you happy and feel comfortable and at ease on the day of your wedding is honestly, the best compliment. It is my goal to help brides with all of the things you mentioned, and I am really so happy that I met your expectations! thank you for choosing me to share in your special day! I hope for years to come you will look back and enjoy the memories, Now if you can get all of your Maine friends to hire me- we can see each other over and over. I can fly to Colorado too...

Kelley Stump · Married on 08/02/2019

The Absolute Best!

Look no further for your wedding day hair stylist! Lena is the absolute BEST in the business. She's open to ideas, provides incredibly helpful counsel, communicates efficiently and effectively (I had a destination wedding!), and she's so fun to work with and have by your side on your wedding day. My trial was smooth and easy, leaving me feeling confident and excited about my hairstyle ahead of the big day. On my wedding day, my hair looked perfect from the moment Lena finished through the rest of the evening - what more could you ask for!? Not only this, but my mom and my bridesmaids loved Lena as well; they were all thrilled with their styles and felt that they lasted throughout the entire night. We truly can't thank her enough for the amazing job she did and the fun, positive energy she brought to our ready room!

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen Fleming · Married on 07/06/2019

Book Hair that Moves!

Lena is absolutely fantastic. We got married in the midst of major July humidity in NH, and she could not have been more prepared! She took great care to make sure everyone looked and felt beautiful -- I could not have been happier with her. She's also such a fun person and adds to the overall positive vibe of getting ready. I love Lena and highly recommend her!!!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Hair that Moves's reply:

Kristen, thank you so much, the honor was mine. I am so glad I came prepared to help to try to fight the super humidity on your wedding day. I had so much fun with your friends. wishing you all the best
  • IB Miller

Ib Miller · Married on 06/08/2019

Superb hair & MU

Lena was great to work with. She is super friendly and easy going, and perfectly executed the makeup and hair style I was going for. I went up for a trial, and she allowed me to try both an updo and down-do as I wasn’t sure of style at that time. In the end, I choose a down do but had a few edits - she was so accommodating to the edits and the end product was exactly what I envisioned. I felt beautiful all day long and can’t thank her enough - highly recommend Lena and Hair that Moves!!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Hair that Moves's reply:

Oh- IB You are the sweetest! I so enjoyed your wedding, and the perfect weather! I am so glad you were happy your with your look. Music to my ears to hear you say that you felt beautiful!!! that is my ultimate goal! xo
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 12/15/2018

True artist and professional!

Lena is a true artist and designer! Lena was so accommodating, making time on a Saturday for my hair trial and making tweaks from my initial design appointment to ensure I was happy on the day of the wedding. I couldn't have been happier with how my hair turned out. Not only did she make me feel beautiful but she made the entire wedding party feel the same way. Even more, Lena was overcoming an injury the day of my wedding and I would never have known - she was a true professional!! You will be in fantastic hands - hire her!

Sent on 12/19/2018

Hair that Moves's reply:

thank you so much for this review! I am honored to have been a part of your gorgeous wedding day and for others to share in your experience! Broken knee and all, we made it happen, and you were so kind and helpful xo
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing hair!

I actually can't say enough good things about Lena. My hair is and always has been one of my favorite features about myself so when it came to choosing a hair stylist for my wedding I was very choosey! When I found our Lena was not yet booked for my wedding date I knew I had to book her .. and fast!! She is fantastic. I did a trial with her about 2 months before my wedding day and then the week of my wedding I tweaked the style a bit, but she did an amazing job making me feel comfortable and calm and knowing I am in good hands. On the day of, I absolutely loved my hair and was so so happy to see it all come together. Lena really is the person you want with you on your special day!! She reminded me many times that it was a day about myself and my *now* husband and no one else! We are so grateful for that advice as it helped us make some last minute decisions :)

Sent on 10/21/2018
    Hair that Moves 2

Hair that Moves's reply:

Liz, I am so glad that I was able to help make your day special. I am so glad you were able to have your wedding vision come to life. From your hair style, changes and all- to your ceremony location and and your groom and I am so glad that your day was perfect! thank you for having me
    Lena

Diane · Married on 09/29/2018

We recently celebrated my son's wedding in Maine. I was told that if Lena of "Hair That Moves" is available, to book her because she is the best. She did not disappoint. This was a destination wedding and getting together was a bit of a challenge. Lena accomodated the bride's schedule over the summer for the trial hair and make up appointment. She also arranged for Christine to come and do make up applications for all of us. Weddings can be very stressful. Lena and Christine were very calm and had a way of blending in. The day was not about them, but about making sure that each woman was feeling great and happy with her look as she headed off to the wedding. We all looked great and felt that we made two new friends that day. I will pass on the same advice....if Lena is available, book her and figure out the details later! Diane M.

Sent on 10/03/2018

Hair that Moves's reply:

thank you so much Diane. We had so much fun with all of you ladies. Planning a wedding is so much work, and I am so glad that I was able to help ease some of this stress.
    The pleasure was mine, and I am honored that you hired me when you did! xo

Alison · Married on 08/18/2018

What can I say other than Lena was fantastic! I was unsure about how I wanted my hair done and was worried I wouldn't like anything. At my trial Lena had me explain what I was hoping for (which was a jumble of thoughts!) and then on the first try created the perfect look! On the day of the wedding she was fantastic to have around. She did all my bridesmaids, my Mom's, and my hair with time to spare. My hair looked amazing and she really spent the time to make sure it was EXACTLY what I wanted. It held up great all day as well!! Additionally, she was very calming, helpful, and fun to have around that morning. I can't recommend Lena enough!!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Courtney · Married on 08/04/2018

Lena was amazing to work with! She put me at ease on my wedding day when the weather (not to mention humidity) was not on our side. She is extremely professional and helped me find the perfect hair and makeup to suit my individual needs. I was SO pleased with how looked, it was exactly what I wanted and I couldn't stop looking in the mirror! Thank you so much Lena!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Hair that Moves's reply:

oh Courtney, you are so welcome. I am so happy to hear you loved the way you looked, It is the best compliment- thank you for having me

Helene · Married on 07/21/2018

I highly recommend Lena with Hair That Moves. Lena went out of her way to make sure my hair was perfect on my wedding day. I was all over the place with my hair and really couldn’t figure out what I wanted. Lena worked with me and tried basically every style until I found the one! My bridesmaids’ hair looked amazing and she was such a calming person on a crazy, hectic day for everyone. I can’t say enough good things about Lena!!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Hair that Moves's reply:

Helene, I am so glad that we were able to create your perfect look. It was amazing- such a statement! I was honored to be a part of your day and so glad you got to marry your love! xo

Jessica · Married on 05/19/2018

Lena was amazing. She did hair on my wedding in May 2018 for my mom, three bridesmaids, and myself. I live in San Francisco and was planning a spring wedding in Maine. Hair and makeup were extremely important to me and I was nervous about finding professionals from afar.

Lena made special accomodations for me to do a hair trial at a convenient time when I was on the east coast for work. At the trial, she immediately put me at ease and was focused on finding the right hairstyle for me. I left the trial feeling at ease and excited for my wedding day hair style.

Lena was amazing, and one of the highlights of getting ready on my wedding day! She shined the day of. My bridesmaids commented for days about Lena and all of them told me they WISHED they knew about her for their wedding. She did an up-do for me, and it was classy and held the entire night. I showed her a picture of a Kate Middleton up-do and she perfectly recreated it for the evening. She did a mix of up and down hairstyles for my bridesmaids and they all looked beautiful and held the whole night. My mother had never had her hair done and Lena did a natural blow-out with a few loose curls, which was perfectly natural for a mother of the bride.

I would hire Lena again in a heartbeat. Any bride would be beyond lucky to have her on their wedding day. THANK YOU LENA!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Megan · Married on 02/23/2018

Lena was truly incredible and helped make my wedding weekend a success! She was able to help me find and complete my wedding day vision with ease and expertise. Aside from how AMAZING my hair looked, my girls' hair was equally as perfect. They all agree Lena was skilled, warm, welcoming and a wonderful addition to the wedding weekend!

Sent on 04/12/2018

Hair that Moves's reply:

Megan, thank you so much for sharing. I am glad to hear that you had a great time on your wedding day and most importantly that you loved your hair! It was an honor to work with you
    thanks for having me
    lena

Jaymie · Married on 10/27/2017

Lena was awesome! She completely understood me, my vision for my wedding day and most importantly, my hair! I have a lot of it! Lena knew what would work and what wouldn't work. She was also so great with my wedding party - being able to accommodate each of their visions for their hair that day. And let me tell you - all of our hair stayed in place all night! Lena was so easy to work with and she made all of us feel comfortable. She even helped me through some family drama. :)

Sent on 11/14/2017

Hair that Moves's reply:

Jaymie I had a great time working with you. I am so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that everyone's hair lasted all night! Music to my ears! I hope you had a wonderful wedding

Kinza · Married on 10/14/2017

I loved working with Lena on my wedding day! She is such a lovely person and leading up the wedding was always available via email for any questions that I had and set up my trial easily. She is such a talent and she was able to do the hair of my wedding party of 9 plus me by herself in a timely fashion while making everyone look absolutely gorgeous. She is so much fun to have around on the wedding day, she is a calm but hilarious presence and I am so happy she was part of my day. She was able to take the vision I had for my hair and not only understand it but elevate it and I felt absolutely stunning on my wedding day, while still feeling like myself. My hair lasted the entire day and night with minimal touch ups and I have a ton of hair so that was a huge plus. Thanks for everything Lena!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Hair that Moves's reply:

Thank YOU Kinza. I had so much fun with you and your friends and it was an honor to help make you FEEL and look BEAUTIFUL on your wedding day. Thanks for having me.
    lena

Emily · Married on 09/30/2017

From our communication early on, I knew Lena was going to be a pleasure to work with. She was always very attentive to my inquiries which led me to choose her to style mine and my bridesmaids hair for my wedding at the end of September. It's evident she is a great hair stylist as everyones hair looked GORGEOUS and she was super efficient with getting everyone's hair done in a timely fashion. She was extremely professional and accommodating to work with. Although my make up artist was from a different company she worked with her to set up a schedule for me and my ladies and made sure everything went smoothly. I would highly recommend Lena to anyone looking for a hair stylist on their big day (or for any special occasion!)

Sent on 10/11/2017

Hair that Moves's reply:

Emily I loved working with you and your family and friends. I am so glad that I was able to make this part of the wedding worry free. I was honored to be a part of it! Best wishes to you

Sarah · Married on 09/23/2017

Lena was recommended by another Bride and oh my goodness I'm so glad she was! For our small wedding party Lena did both hair and make up, and did an outstanding job with both. Lena did a wonderful job listening to what I was looking for (admittedly I had a lot better idea of what I didn't want) and translating it into a look that lasted the entire night. It was such a delight to spend several hours with Lena on my wedding day! Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Hair that Moves's reply:

Sarah it was my pleasure I am glad you enjoyed yourself. I had a great time working with you and glad you hired me from your friend recommendation! best wishes to you

Roma · Married on 09/09/2017

It was an absolute pleasure working with Lena. She is a true professional, lovely person, and a talented stylist. She made my daughter's wedding day with her positive attitude and flexibility . Everyone looked and felt beautiful. I highly recommend Lena - she's incredibly talented and a joy to be with!!

Sent on 09/16/2017

Hair that Moves's reply:

Roma thank you for your kind words. It was so nice to work with all of you For Caity's big day!

Amanda · Married on 08/26/2017

I'm so glad I chose Lena to do my hair for my wedding! From the very first time I met her, she had such a calm, friendly demeanor; exactly the sort of person I wanted around me on wedding day. She knew exactly how to keep me calm even when I started to get a little nervous. My hair looked fantastic, as did all of the bridesmaids'. I would recommend Lena to anyone!

Sent on 09/16/2017

Hair that Moves's reply:

thank you Amanda and I am so glad we found just the right hair style for those amazing curls!

Marissa · Married on 08/12/2017

Lena is a hair goddess! She did my hair for our August 12, 2017 wedding in Kennebunkport, along with my 5 bridesmaids and everyone looked stunning. Most importantly, I loved my hair and it was exactly what I wanted. I am so glad I found Lena (and almost lost her to another bride, book early!!!). I wouldn't have used anyone else. Love, love love!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Hair that Moves's reply:

Marissa, I am so glad you found me as well. I am honored that I was able to see you twice! Once at Heather's wedding and once on your big day! thank you for having me- your wedding was just perfect! xo

Laura · Married on 08/05/2017

We got married on August 5th, 2017 and Lena styled hair for myself, my flower girl, 2 mothers, and 9 bridesmaids. Everyone in my wedding party was extremely pleased with the outcome. Lena really takes the time to listen to what each person wants while providing helpful and realistic suggestions. Lena was very easy to work with throughout the wedding planning process and is very flexible. I would highly recommend her to anyone- she is the BEST in the business.

Sent on 08/14/2017

Hair that Moves's reply:

oh Luara- your so kind! thank you for having me and I was happy to be able to help you! I had a great time with your friends and hope to see you again!
    LEna

Anne · Married on 08/05/2017

Lena is one of the best in the business! She is professional, responsive, hard working, and best of all, is warm and fun! We had such a great experience with her. My daughter's wedding party was 9, plus a flower girl and 2 mothers. Lena did this single-handedly. AND she stayed and did touch ups until we were out the door. I would highly recommend Lena but book early!

Sent on 08/31/2017

Hair that Moves's reply:

thanks so much Anne! it is nice to hear from a Mom's point. It was a honor to help on this big day

Amanda · Married on 07/08/2017

We got married on July 8th and Lena did an amazing job on all of the bridesmaids, moms, and officiants hair! Everyone had a totally different hair type- straight, thick, thin, curly- and she did an awesome job on everyone's hair. The styles were perfect and classy, and very natural looking, and they all stayed in all day and night long! Everyone loved it! Lena is also a blast to hang out with, and she was so helpful in getting us ready for the day! I highly recommend her to all brides! Thank you Lena!!

Sent on 08/05/2017

Hair that Moves's reply:

thank you so much for your sweet words! I loved helping you guys get ready and I am so glad to hear everyone's hair stayed in all night! cheers
  • F

Fabiola · Married on 06/24/2017

Lena's work is amazing! She's so sweet and very responsive throughout the whole process. I kind of changed my hair direction from the trial and she was very adaptable. She did the hair for 7 of us and was so cool and calm the entire time. She's the best!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Hair that Moves's reply:

thank you so much Fabi! I had a great time with you and your group! Such a gorgeous bride you were

Robin · Married on 06/23/2017

Lena is the absolute best at what she does. At my trial she only had to do my hair and make-up once- I was in love with both immediately. This sounds cliché but I really did feel my most beautiful on my wedding day and I have Lena to thank for that. She also did the hair and make-up of my mom and maid of honor, and she nailed that too. They both looked incredible. My MOH even said (and meant) that she had never had her hair done before and liked it, and she couldn't have been any happier with the up-do that Lena gave her. She knows how to perfectly achieve the look of 'natural but looking better than usual' that I'm assuming a lot of brides are after. For instance my make-up was amazing, but I still looked like myself. I've not had that experience with a make-up artist before (in the past it's been overdone). As stated in the beginning, Lena really is the best. In addition to that, she is laid back and friendly. She was a nice addition to have in my bridal suite- fun to talk with and a calming presence. I would HIGHLY recommend Lena to future brides- or anyone wanting to look their most beautiful.

Sent on 06/30/2017

Hair that Moves's reply:

Oh Robin, this is so nice to hear and I am so happy that you felt beautiful on your wedding day. Nothing can top that. I was honored to be there with you and your mom and MOH. I cant wait to share your photos! xo