North Palm Beach, FL 33408 Map · Phone number
· Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 66
  • Deals 2

About Hair and Makeup of the Palm Beaches

Hair and Makeup of the Palm Beaches is a professional hair styling and makeup artistry business based out of North Palm Beach, Florida.

Owned and operated by Katie McCaskill, Hair and Makeup of the Palm Beaches can help you look your very best for your big day or special event.

Our passion is to make people feel beautiful, emphasizing their best features to make them pop, and though we are based in North Palm Beach, we travel all throughout South Florida!

Experience:
Ownder and operator, Katie McCaskill, has been styling hair and makeup professionally for over 10 years, having received her esthetician and cosmetology license from Palm Beach Academy of Health and Beauty in 2008. Throughout her many years in the industry, she has worked for Chanel, Dior, and MAC Cosmetics as a freelance makeup artist.

Katie offers her skills on location. Consultations and trials are offered.

Services:

• eye makeup
  • contour makeup
  • fake lashes
  • natural makeup

Please go to the website http://www.makeupwithkatie.com/contact-1 and fill out the contact form for information on packages and up to date pricing!

Follow Hair and Makeup of the Palm Beaches on

Hair and Makeup of the Palm Beaches 4
Hair and Makeup of the Palm Beaches 5
  • Sarah

Sarah Deddens · Married on 11/16/2019

I demand someone explain this witchcraft!

!Be forewarned: this review is a small novella !
    Katie and her incredible team drove an hour and a half down to my venue to bring some serious bridal magic to my squad. I invite you all to join me as I recount the frustration and eventual triumph of finding an on site hair and makeup artist for the big day.
    I have many friends and family in the biz. I knew I could count on discounts and good times, but while I wanted to support their respective businesses, I was not willing to compromise on my ideal wedding look, just to save a few dollars.
    In The early days of planning I was a naive bride to be with so many overwhelming tasks ahead of me. Foolishly I reached out to a local mom group soliciting artist suggestions and subsequently found myself inundated for days with inbox messages and friend requests from people who wanted to provide services. Some were rude or pushy, some had zero experience and one girl shelling some MLM weight loss program asked if I planned to lose some weight before the big day. I was at a complete loss but I kept track of every quote and the services offered.
    I spoke with several artists whose resumes and photographs reflected my ideal wedding look but I just couldn’t seem to get the right vibe (I acknowledge I am truly exhausting as a human). When a friend suggested Katie I was admittedly skeptical, her pricing seemed fair and her work was incredible, there had to be a catch.
    In my infinite apprehension I had concluded she must be some kind of monster with bad breathe and poor social skills, but my assumptions were immediately smashed when I met this beautiful soul for a hair and makeup trial.
    Katie was so kind and reassuring; she never once made me feel pressured. There were no sales pitches or product sales. She stopped frequently throughout the night to confirm she was on the right track and giving me the look I wanted. I was blown away by the results.
    With the wedding mere days away panic set in for some bridesmaids and my future mother in law who implored me to add them to the beauty services. I was panicked, I didn’t want to stress Katie out or ruin her schedule but I was also afraid of upsetting my wedding party. I text her at 9 pm to ask if there was anyway to fit in the services. Once again proving her kindness, she assured me she would make it work.
    The day of the wedding Katie brought two members of her team to assemble an incredibly efficient assembly line of beauty services. I swear I could have added all three to my bridal party. They were all so sweet and energetic, they truly made the pre wedding events fun and hilarious. As the ceremony time quickly approached my maid of honor informed me that she thought she was getting her makeup done too. I told her we were pressed for time and one of the other bridesmaids could definitely help her but Katie quickly stepped in, again rearranging the schedule to allow for an additional service.
    Every bridesmaid looked phenomenal and each thanked me for finding this team. My hair and makeup was truly a work of art. I didn’t look like an over contoured Instagram influencer; I looked like me but bridal. For my hair I picked an elaborate boho braid directly from Pinterest. I’d seen enough braiding fails to know this was a lofty task to undertake, especially given the length and width of my unruly mane, but Katie made it happen. Not only did she replicate a gorgeous flowy braid, she did something magical in its construction that kept it in place for the entirety of my wedding and into the next day(For reference my hair touches the small of my back and is thicker than most pillows . my skin is typically flaky and historically scattered with pimples and acne scars. )
    Katie made me look flawless. My wife could not believe how incredible I looked and literally spent the night staring at me. I cried multiple times and danced until I was blistered and bruised. Two days later I had to force myself to wash my hair (for obvious hygiene reasons). It was really hard to let go of my perfect braid but thanks to Katie and her team of fellow wizards I know the ideal look is only a text away.
    (I don’t have pics back from my photographer but I have a few shots friends have shared)

Hair and Makeup of the Palm Beaches 6
    Hair and Makeup of the Palm Beaches 7
    Hair and Makeup of the Palm Beaches 8
    Hair and Makeup of the Palm Beaches 9
    Hair and Makeup of the Palm Beaches 10
    Sent on 11/18/2019

Hair and Makeup of the Palm Beaches's reply:

Wow, Sarah! I cannot thank you enough for this kind review! I was so happy to provide wizardry (I know you love your Harry Potter) haha! It’s really nice for you to share your experience before meeting me as well for people to relate to! I am so happy for you! It was a pleasure being there for you and making you and your party feel beautiful. I can’t wait until the pictures come back!! You’re gorgeousness is gonna be all over my blog!!

Marguerite Montana · Married on 05/19/2019

Katie is amazing!

Katie did both my makeup and hair on my wedding day and I couldn't have been happier! I am from New York so it was a destination wedding and I was not familiar with any of the artists or stylists in Palm Beach. However, I did extensive research and then I found Katie via Instagram. I was drawn to her as I saw makeup on her previous clients and realized she is an artist who creates and highlights beauty in such a natural way. Once I found out she did hair as well, I scheduled a trial for both. I was so happy with my trial and even happier on my wedding day. Katie is patient, listens to direction, but gently guides with experience and knowledge. She is a true professional. In my opinion, her style is elegant, fresh and classy. I received so many compliments that day and love to look back at pictures. Katie also did my Mom's hair, MIL's, MOH and SIL's hair. Everyone was very happy with her work, which is not an easy accomplishment! Not only will you be happy with Katie's work, but she will make the whole "getting ready" process even more fun, while keeping you calm at the same time! If I were to do it again, I'd hire her in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/05/2019

Hair and Makeup of the Palm Beaches's reply:

Thank you so much Maggie! I am so glad we were able to meet each other! You and your family are every artists dream wedding! You were gorgeous, open minded, and fun! I hope we get to see each other again, and I can’t wait for the pictures to flaunt! Congratulations! Lucky man 💓

Award

Hair and Makeup of the Palm Beaches FAQ

• What is the base price for blowouts for brides?
    $ 100.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for brides?
    $ 100.00
  • What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members?
    $ 85.00
    $ 85.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for brides?
    $ 150.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides?
    $ 125.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members?
    $ 100.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides?
    $ 150.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides?
    $ 125.00
  • What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides?
    $ 175.00
  • What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides?
    $ 150.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members?
    $ 100.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes?
  • Which of the following are included in prices?
    Assistant Fee
    Consultation
  • What beauty services do you offer?
    Consultations
    Group Services
    Hair
    Makeup
    Mult. Stylists
    Licensed
  • What hair services do you offer?
    Blowouts
    Extensions
    Textured Hair Styling
    Updos / Styling
    Hair Trial
    On-Site Hair
  • What makeup services do you offer?
    Airbrush Makeup

-15%
    15% discount for WeddingWire couples
  • Hair and Makeup of the Palm Beaches 2
    Complimentary false lashes!
    Lashes will be included in makeup application prices!

• The Reserve Vintage Rentals
    The Reserve Vintage Rentals Wedding Rentals

Katie Mccaskill was an absolute pleasure to work with and her work speaks for itself! Highly recommend her to anyone looking for Hair and Makeup services.

• North Palm Beach, 33408 See on map
    561-771-5723 (Phone number)
    5612556651 (Other Phone Number)
  • North Palm Beach North Palm Beach, FL, 33408 See on map