Shaker Drive, Simpsonville, MD 21150 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About Green Dragonfly Events

Would you marry on a boat?

Or on a farm that has some goats?

Would you marry in a Nor'easter under snow and rain?

Have an outdoor reception during the end of a hurricane?

Would you marry here or there?

We'll help you marry anywhere!

(P.S. I have done all of the above!)

A wedding should be a celebration of the senses. Whether it is an intimate elopement or a lavish tented event for 300, we will help you design an event that will leave your guests talking. Let me attend to the details so you can have fun and host a fabulous event Your choice of services will be governed by your budget, size and scope of your event, and where you are in the planning process.

A limited number of events are booked each month to ensure you receive the personal attention you expect for your event.

211973144995727b 1500900752637 ob2
211973144995727b 1500900752637 ob2

10 Reviews for Green Dragonfly Events

Tammy · Married on 08/18/2018

Amazing Planner!

Fran at Green Dragonfly is knowledgeable, friendly, and delivers excellent service. She was able to answer all our questions and took the time to explain everything to us. She was always respectful and patient.
    We interviewed many other wedding planners, but never received the same level of attention to detail and willingness to listen. She made sure my fiancé and I were happy before the big day.
    We had issues with certain vendors, but she was there from the beginning to the end to pull everything together and made our day go smoothly. I would absolutely recommend Fran! She is a wonderful wedding planner to work with. Thank You for all your help, Fran!

Sent on 03/02/2019
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 07/21/2018

There really aren’t enough good things in the world for us to say about Fran. From our first interaction over email to our heartfelt goodbyes at the end of our awesome queer wedding, Fran was there every step of the way, through all our ups and downs with decision-making, vendor-choosing, and general panic. She always had our best interests at heart and got who we were, sometimes better we did than ourselves when caught up in the thick of things.

Although we chose to do a lot of planning ourselves, Fran was there to offer support at every turn and fully embraced our book themed, alternative, geeky, queer celebration and party. Fran accompanied us at multiple venue planning meetings, helped us to find our outfits, and got us back on track when we veered away from our true values. Calling her a planner doesn’t take into account everything she did! Fran was a guide through the unfamiliar world of weddings, a sounding board for ideas and creative projects, the person to push when we needed pushing and to hold our hands when we needed it, a huge supporter when we needed solidarity as LGBTQ folk navigating less inclusive aspects of wedding planning, and sometimes a therapist...

On the day of our event, Fran was especially amazing – a consummate professional navigating behind-the-scenes conflict which we didn’t hear about until after our big day. She made sure that our experience on the day of was nothing short of transcending. In fact, a few of our vendors stated that they would recommend Fran to their clients! We can’t recommend her highly enough and we’ve come to consider her a dear friend. <3<3<3

Sent on 07/28/2018

Nadia · Married on 09/12/2009

Working with Fran was an absolute pleasure and deciding to work with her was one of the best decisions I made during my wedding planning. Planning a wedding can be extremely daunting, and partnering with Fran proved to be extremely cost-effective and totally worth it! I booked the “Calla Lily” package as my option with Forrach Event Planning, and from the very beginning, Fran put me right on track with rough timeline of what tasks I should have completed as my wedding date drew near. She was constantly and consistently available to be reached on the phone, email, facebook and so on. When faced with a major wedding decision that you don't want to make with out a professional, her lighting quick responsiveness is a life saver! Fran also has a remarkable wealth of knowledge when it comes to the wedding industry; her cost-saving and DIY recommendations are very insightful, her advice on how to deal with different vendors is savvy and her experience is priceless. I am a full time working professional who had very little time during the day to focus on my wedding (plus have a natural inclination to procrastinate!), yet Fran was patient and steadfast with me leading all the way up to the wedding.

As the months wound down and the big day approached, my interactions with Fran had already made me feel comfortable about wedding day. But, she truly went above and beyond my expectations the day before and day of. As I was frazzled, stressed, nervous and excited all at once, Fran was collected, organized - VERY organized - soft-spoken yet effective and a fantastic support system. She championed our rehearsal, stayed up late the night before and was there the very first thing in the morning to help set up the room. My particular venue nor vendor that provided my linens and chair covers took responsibility for setting up my reception room, so Fran set up the ENTIRE reception area - tablecloths, favors, chair covers - the works! She was in constant communication with me throughout the day, so much in fact that I received a number of comments on how unusually calm I was while getting ready … I can unequivocally say it was because of Fran! My day ran so smoothly, it was unbelievable. Even when our outdoor ceremony had to be moved indoors because of rain, the transition was seamless. I never had to worry ONCE about my vendors, the room set up, flowers, food or anything else and could focus on my husband-to-be, friends, family and not tripping while walking down the aisle! Simply put, Fran is FABULOUS!

Sent on 02/25/2010

-5%
    5% discount for WeddingWire couples

• In His Grace Photography
    In His Grace Photography Wedding Photographers

Fran was amazing to work with. She was organized and calm under pressure. Good planners make my job easier :) Fran was an asset!

• Ceremony Alchemy
    Ceremony Alchemy Wedding Officiants

Fran is such a delight to work with. She is creative and fun. I recently worked a wedding with her, she thought of every possible senario and really took care of the bride and her guests. I highly recommend her.

• Shaker Drive Simpsonville, 21150 See on map