1103 Indigo Branch, Supply, NC 28462 Map · Phone number

About Genie Leigh Photography

The Gift of Photograph

Genie Leigh Photography is a mother/daughter photography team. They work together to create a magical experience with unique perspectives and strive to bring the best of each to every photography shoot. There is wonder in capturing a visual record of an important event, taking a moment out of the seamless flow of a wedding day, stopping time for for a brief instant in a format that literally may be passed on for generations. To Genie Leigh Photography, this is the gift of a photograph.

Megan Leigh fell in love with photography in the mountains of NC while photographing her grandmother walking the winding dirt road of her old “home place.” In the 15 years that followed, Megan learned photography was more than capturing a moment in time, it was history, generations of family members walking similar but different roads.

Genie took her first photography class in the early 1990’s. She worked in Social Work in Aging Services full time while continuing to pursue her passion for photography part time. Now retired, Genie works full time with Genie Leigh Photography. Like her daughter, Genie believes photographs represent steps in our life’s journey showing us where we have been.

Genie Leigh carefully post processes images in house. Customers receive a USB flash drive of their images. The digital images are also sent via an online private gallery. This allows customers to view, print and share with friends and family.

We accept a limited amount of weddings each year so that we are able to give each couple the care and creative energy they deserve.

We wish you the best in your search and happy planning!

Follow Genie Leigh Photography on

Flower Girl
f47c032ad6c0ba1d 14231415 1297837226922500 3355291808517357021 o

7 Reviews for Genie Leigh Photography

Christine · Married on 03/24/2018

Genie Leigh Photography was amazing! I was truly clueless with what to expect with wedding photographers, and Megan helped me every step of the way. I was planning my wedding from afar, and Megan was able to communicate with me and answer my countless questions via email, since using my phone is harder for me. She worked with my budget, and her pricing is extremely fair.

Megan was just getting over the flu the week of my wedding, so she brought along Genie to help her out on our wedding day. Both Megan and Genie were very professional, arrived on time, and were prepared with a lot of great ideas for shots. Both my husband and I are terrible at taking pictures, but Megan and Genie put us at ease and made us feel like less silly. Both Megan and Genie directed us how to pose (and reminded me to stand up straight!), which made everything go smoothly and quickly.

I’ve seen about a dozen pictures of the ones they took last weekend, and they’re beautiful. They appear to be expertly edited and curated. I’ve forwarded her blog post and Instagram posts to some of my friends and family, and they can’t stop talking about how great the photos are. I’m so excited to see the rest of them and work with Megan and Genie on getting print shots from them!

I’ve never left a review anywhere before, but I sincerely recommend Genie Leigh Photography to anyone who wants expert photographers who are very organized yet laid back. Also, as an aside, Megan was great with my 18 month flower girl, so I imagine she’d be great on a kid’s photo shoot.

Thanks again, Megan and Genie! It was a pleasure working with you! Please let me know if you need any referrals.

Sent on 03/31/2018

Valorie · Married on 04/21/2017

We had such a great experience working with Megan. She is such a happy and energetic person and gets everybody excited for the next photo shot. We had some pretty specific requests and she was very open to all our ideas, she even had Genie come help with one of our shots. Both ladies are very lovely and great to work with!! Can't imagine a better experience! Thank you for capturing our wedding day!

Sent on 04/28/2017

Mallory · Married on 07/14/2016

I was over the moon happy about genie Leigh! Megan was so good to me, she was so kind and comforting in all the photo craziness. She was patient with me when I was dying to get to the reception and start my partying.

Sent on 08/03/2016