107 Seminary Rd., Bedford, NY 10506 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About General Knot & Co.

After years of directing design teams for brands such as Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, & Original Penguin, Ann and Andrew Payne began General Knot & Co. in the Fall of 2010. All products are handmade here in the United States using rare and specialty vintage textiles.

Our Custom Wedding Design Process takes all the worry out of creating your own custom neckwear, groom's and bridal accessories. When we say "custom" we mean truly CUSTOM. Based on your palette and special wishes, we source fabrics from all over the world for your perfect wedding accessories. Nothing cookie cutter about it.

Follow General Knot & Co. on

18a
19a
xd
General Knot & Co.

11 Reviews for General Knot & Co.

Dana · Married on 09/24/2016

I would highly recommend using General Knot!! My husband had been following General Knot on Instagram for a few years and always said how he loves their neckwear! I actually bought him a few ties as gifts before we were engaged but once he popped the question and we started planning, we knew they would be the perfect fit for our bridal party! Ann was amazing and after giving her my color pallet she sent me a few pages of swatches of potential fabrics we could use. The swatches came right away and after choosing, the process had begun! They came beautifully wrapped and I can't tell you how many compliments were received at our wedding. The were the perfect unique accent to our wedding and my husband and I couldn't be happier! Thank you so much again General Knot!

Sent on 10/13/2016

General Knot & Co.'s reply:

Thank you, Dana! It was a pleasure working with you!

nancee · Married on 08/20/2016

Where to begin? Ann and Andrew of General Knot Co. are fabulous. From start to finish I couldn't be happier! I initially reached out to GK because my husband loved their ties, when I saw they did custom for weddings I was sold! I immediently reached out and with a prompt response from Ann we started the design process. We went back and forth on colors and prints, then they sent swatches, YES ACTUALLY MAILED FABRIC SWATCHES! and not one or two! They mailed MULTIPLE sheets of the fabrics. It was wonderful seeing the material and fabric and the colors in person before starting this. We were doing custom ties for all the groomsmen, dads and bowties for the ring bearer and our dog, the ring barker :) (yes my dog wore a floral bowtie and ROCKED IT!) Ann was in constant contact throughout the process! She was an absolute delight! When the ties were back she let me know they were going to be packaged and shipped . When they arrived (about 10 weeks after we started, which was typical for custom per the website) they showed up perfectly packaged and ready to get to the guys and they were AMAZING! The fabric is wonderful and durable, like all of his other ties he has ordered from them. The fabrics they use are great in color, selection and quality. All of the guys LOVED their ties and ive even seen some wearing them since yay!!! were a GK customers for life and so appreciate all of Ann and Andrews helps in customizing our special day!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Dylan · Married on 07/23/2016

General Knot & Co not only makes incredibly fine ties, pocket squares and other accessories but their customer service is truly exemplary. You should not hesitate to reach out to General Knot & Co to create one-of-a-kind pieces for your special day.

My fiancee had gifted me a General Knot & Co tie/pocket square combo for my birthday a few years ago and I immediately fell in love with the company and the fabrics they use. When it was time to figure out my outfit for our wedding, I was overjoyed to discover they have a custom department. At first, I didn't think it was going to work out as they have a minimum you need to meet and our wedding didn't feature groomsmen, etc. but Ann @ General Knot quickly suggested an arrangement so we could move forward. It was such a huge plus to have a vendor willing to work with you to make your dream a reality and not just give you an easy, flat "no."

My fiancee and I flipped the script on traditional wedding attire as all our guests wore white and we wore color. I sent swatches of my outfit and pantones of the colors in her dress (i didn't see the dress until our wedding day of course!) to Ann and a couple of weeks later she sent me six pages of fabric swatches to choose from. ALL the swatches she sent were gorgeous and each would have been perfect. Which was the only negative of the experience: choosing just one! In my case, I couldn't so I had two sets of necktie/bow tie/pocket squares made. And all the pieces fit into my regular wardrobe so I could wear them on any day, not just my wedding day - another huge plus. The six pieces took about ten days to produce.

Everything was beautifully packaged and delivered on-time. Ann communicated every step of the process and ensured that no detail was left unconsidered.

Of all the vendors my fiancee and I used, General Knot & Co was totally stress-free and absolutely the best. I cannot recommend them highly enough to make your special day even more special!

Sent on 10/04/2016

General Knot & Co.'s reply:

Thanks so much Dylan. Your wedding was super creative and made it all the more fun to work on with you!

Award