Maywood, Maywood, IL 60153 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 40

About Fretless Music

Fretless Music, LLC is a team of musicians in Chicago, Illinois who specialize in beautiful string music for weddings. From pop to classical, they possess an extensive repertoire of songs and a wide range of talent to make your wedding music unforgettable. Fretless Music, LLC has been delivering fun and relaxing music around Chicago, as well as Indiana and Wisconsin, for over ten years.

Experience
Stephanie Young has earned a bachelor's degree in music from UW-Milwaukee and completed training through Alverno College. She is part of several professional music groups including Fretless Music, LLC. Her experience includes performances with Rod Stewart and Peter Cetera. She has completed SAA teacher training with Suzuki Violin Books 1-3 and serves as a teacher through her home and at The Music Suite where she instructs students how to play the violin, viola, and piano.

If you need amazing music for your wedding ceremony, reception, cocktail hour, or any celebration, Fretless Music, LLC will gladly learn new songs or supply music from their large collection of pop, rock, classical and jazz. Fretless Music, LLC has musicians that can play the drums, cello, piano, violin, and viola. They also offer instrumental solos, duos, and trios; and a string trio and string quartet; as well as a quality sound and public address system.

Follow Fretless Music on

At Morton Arboretum | Photo by Artisan Events
At Morton Arboretum | Photo by Artisan Events
Fretless Solo Violin at Chicago Athletic Association | Photography by Anna Zajac
Fretless Quartet at The Uptown Center | George Street Photography
Fretless Duo at South Branch Tavern & Grille | Jordan Imhoff Photography
Fretless Duo at South Branch Tavern & Grille | Jordan Imhoff Photography
String instruments
String instruments
Fretless Music | Photo by Midwest LifeShots (midwestlifeshots.com)
Fretless Music | Photo by Midwest LifeShots (midwestlifeshots.com)
Fretless Music | Photography by Midwest LifeShots

Fretless Music 1
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 03/24/2019

Wonderful!

Stephanie and Fretless Music was one of the first vendors we hired for our wedding. We hired a string trio for our ceremony and cocktail hour. I had an immediate good feeling about them from the first time we contacted them. I looked around at other vendors but only contacted them. I think they were very well priced. Stephanie was patient with all my emails and questions, and I had a lot of questions. She was so helpful throughout the whole process and was so easy to work with. We loved the music! Stephanie was great on the day of, she arrived early to get a scope of the venue and where she was playing. We picked a variety of classical and modern songs. Several guests commented on how fun it was to hear modern songs and songs from movie soundtracks. I teared up when I first heard them begin playing our music selections as our guests began to arrive. Additionally, my mom told me later that my two year old niece had watched as Stephanie was tuning up and she began playing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," for her. That made me so happy, it can be the little things that make a difference! Stephanie and the musicians helped create a beautiful atmosphere for our wedding. I always knew I wanted strings at our wedding; it remains one of my favorite memories of our day. We are so happy that we picked Fretless Music!

Sent on 04/14/2019

Fretless Music's reply:

Christine, you were a breeze to work with and you two, as well as your lovely family and friends at the wedding, were a dream to play for. I'm so glad to know I was able to make the process easy for you and that our performance moved you! Thank you for your trust and kindness. We wish you nothing but the best!

Erin Coogan · Married on 03/23/2019

Simply the best!

Stephanie was easily one of our favorite vendors to work with throughout the wedding planning process. She made our ceremony incredibly memorable. She took the time to meet us and really understand what we wanted (and learn several songs for us). We received so many compliments about her music afterwards. People absolutely loved her work! DO NOT hesitate....she is amazing! You will be glad you decided to work with her. Thank you Stephanie for making our ceremony even better than I could possibly imagine :)

Sent on 03/26/2019

Fretless Music's reply:

Erin, you and Abe were such a JOY to work with! I always love finding ways to personalize weddings with music that represents the couple, so I was more than happy to learn your requests. Thank you for letting me play a part in such a momentous day!
  • stephanie

stephanie · Married on 03/23/2019

Wedding ceremony + cocktail hour

I hired a duo for my ceremony and a trio (violin, cello + Marimba) for my reception and they were fantastic! Lots of options for songs to pick from and they even replayed the 1 song we requested they learn (Jurassic park theme) when my husband missed it because he was outside. The guests were very impressed and singing along to alot of the songs! The process was easy, I highly recommend a string band for your wedding and Fretless Strings in particular!

Sent on 04/19/2019

Fretless Music's reply:

Stephanie, your wedding was such fun to be a part of! Your amazing song choices got the crowd singing along with us during cocktail hour and we're so happy to have Jurassic Park added to our repertoire. Thank you for your trust and kindness. We wish you two an incredible journey together!

Fretless Music FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music? $ 220.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 800.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learn New Songs, Reception Music, Sound/PA System
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide? Instrumental - Solo, Instrumental - Duo, Instrumental - Trio, String - Trio, String - Quartet
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 1 - 3, 4 - 6
  • What instruments does your group play? Cello, Drums, Piano, Viola, Violin
  • What services do you provide? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learn New Songs, Reception Music, Sound/PA System

• Maywood Maywood, Illinois, 60153 See on map