Fretless Music Reviews

Fretless Music 1
Fretless Music 2

Kathleen M · Getting married on 01/05/2021

Beautiful wedding music

Stephanie and Fretless Strings were amazing at our wedding. My only regret is that as the bride I didn’t have the opportunity to sit and listen to them the whole time they played. The songs I heard during the cocktail hour were amazing – including some special requests that they had just added to their repertoire for this wedding. And, when I heard them start to play “What a Wonderful World” as my bridesmaids walked in, I teared up from the beauty of it. I heard many compliments from my guests as well, including relatives who are musicians themselves. Also, they were the best vendor I worked with from the perspective of feeling assured everything would work out well before the wedding. Stephanie's responses were fast and full of warmth. Finally, hiring them is more economical than you may think! If you are watching your music budget, I highly suggest hiring them (which will cost you less than most DJs), since you can easily Spotify your own playlist for dancing later but the beauty of this live music is something you cannot create yourself.

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/12/2019

Wonderful!

Stephanie was great to work with! She was very organized and professional. They helped make our ceremony more special!

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Andrea

Andrea Finch · Married on 09/28/2019

Nothing But Amazing

Stephanie was a pleasure to work with and we loved having you and crew play for our wedding! I wanted our ceremony music to be different then any other weeding and Fretless delivered! Our ceremony was supposed to be outside but mother nature had another plan. You and your team are true pros and handled the change with ease. I only wish I was able to hear you the entire hour you played!! It was such an amazing feeling to walk back down the isle to Blink 182's first date, one of our favorites.
    Thank you for making our special day that more memorable!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Jennie · Married on 09/27/2019

Great experience!

We hired Fretless as a string quartet to play for our indoor wedding ceremony. Stephanie was so kind, professional, and easy to work with! She helped the process go so smoothly. Their existing repertoire is great and they did a fantastic job preparing an additional piece we requested. The day-of was great! The musicians sounded beautiful and we received a lot of compliments on their performance from our guests. Working with Fretless was a breeze even with a slightly late ceremony start and we would recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 10/12/2019

Megan · Married on 09/20/2019

Perfect for our wedding

Fretless music was the perfect addition to our outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour! The quartet music was beautiful and our guests loved it too! They made the vibe more elegant. They have a large repertoire of songs to chose from..it made it hard to pick just a handful since they all sound so beautiful! Stephanie was so easy to work with and very timely in her responses. Would definitely recommend Fretless for anyone considering string instruments for their wedding!

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 09/14/2019

Beautiful ceremony music

Fretless Music was an amazing addition to our wedding. They complemented our garden ceremony perfectly. Moreover, when one of our shuttles never arrived to bring half our guests and we had to start 45 min late, our other guests commented that the music was so pretty they didn’t even mind waiting for the ceremony to begin. Stephanie was super easy to work with and always responded timely.

Sent on 09/16/2019

Melissa · Married on 08/10/2019

Must Book Them!!!

Stephanie and her trio were absolutely amazing at our wedding this past August. They have truly mastered their craft, and our guests are still talking about the music !! They were definitely the highlight of our wedding day, and we are so thankful we came across them! We will definitely book them again in the future! They were absolutely amazing !!

Sent on 09/04/2019
  • Tarah

Tarah Plut · Married on 07/27/2019

Talented and easy to work with

We hired a string duo to play during our cocktail hour for our wedding. The booking process was very simple, and Stephanie was always prompt with responding to our emails and answering any questions we had. We were provided with an extensive list of songs from a large variety of genres to choose from. We were very pleased and would highly recommend Fretless Strings!

Sent on 08/13/2019

Julia B · Married on 07/20/2019

Great trio!

Stephanie & Fretless were so great to work with! We went with the trio which was perfect for our 180 person wedding. Beforehand, Stephanie provided us a list of songs, and we didn't ask them to learn anything new specific to us but I know you can do that! There are samples of a lot of their songs on the website which was super helpful. Everything sounded beautiful and their repertoire is pretty big. Stephanie created a google doc that we updated and went over together ahead of the wedding - which was so much better than sending versions of things back and forth. We felt at ease. We also used a wireless mic for our officiant which worked out great. We only had the trio for the ceremony but they were so good, I would love to have used them for the cocktail hour had we not already booked our DJ!

Sent on 08/07/2019

Kim Divito · Married on 07/13/2019

Fretless Strings is amazing!

Stephanie and the trio did a phenomenal job at my daughter's wedding. The music was absolutely beautiful! We were so impressed as were our guests. Stephanie was so kind and patient and very easy to work with. I will recommend her to all of my friends!

Sent on 10/01/2019

John Lee · Married on 07/12/2019

Just book them, easy as that!!

To be honest, there isn't one slightly bad thing to say about Fretless Music! They sounded absolutely amazing (coming from us who play classical instruments). Since it was our wedding day, the day itself flies by and there's sensory overload for sure. However, during the stressful and chaotic times throughout the ceremony, we both vividly remember just hearing the trio playing music for our guests. It gave us a moment of tranquility and we paused for a moment to simply enjoy the music!

Stephanie was also absolutely amazing to work with. She was definitely top of class across all vendors in terms of responsiveness and instilling confidence that she'll deliver to our expectations. She did NOT disappoint. Her team was amazing as well!

I'm sure there are plenty of talented musicians out there, but wedding planning is way too cumbersome. So my gift to you is just book Fretless Music and save yourself time and headache at least for this line item on the wedding checklist.

Sent on 09/02/2019

Gina · Married on 06/23/2019

So great to work with!

We had the BEST experience with Stephanie and her entire team. Everyone was so professional and wonderful to work with from start to finish. Our wedding day was beautiful and we continue to get compliments about your performance. Highly recommend!!
    Jacob and Gina

Sent on 07/12/2019
  • Kacie

Kacie · Married on 06/14/2019

Perfect ceremony music

I wanted string musicians for our ceremony but didn't plan for that very early on. When i got in contact with Stephanie from Fretless she made everything super easy!

Their music list is extensive, they were extremely professional and easy to work with. We were pretty busy by the time we started working with them and she proactively set up meetings and sent us links to all of their information which is already online which made our part easier.

Our ceremony was outside and she was clear about what they could and couldn't manage in terms of weather. She also connected directly with our DJ who provided amplification so we didn't have to be the "go between."

She has lots of positive energy and enthusiasm and was overall great to work with. I'd highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Fretless Music's reply:

Kacie, you are so kind. I love helping couples at all stages, whether it's a year in advance or a few days beforehand, so I'm glad I could make planning your ceremony music easy and to your liking (especially with your background in music)! Thank you for your trust and best wishes on your journey together!
  • Melissa

Melissa Grigger · Married on 06/09/2019

Amazing Ceremony String Quartet!

I am so grateful that Stephanie and the Fretless Music team were a part of my wedding day. I'm not someone who had an entire grand vision of my wedding all my life, but I always knew that I wanted a string quartet. Stephanie was absolutely wonderful to work with- she would respond so quickly to all of my questions and I was so impressed with both the classical and modern repertoires the group could play. The planning form we used was so easy and straightforward, and we had a final call closer to our date that left me reassured we were all on the same page. They played so beautifully for our ceremony, the music was a dream come true! And I'd be remiss if I didn't add: bonus points for taking Venmo!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Fretless Music's reply:

Melissa, WE were grateful to be a part of your wedding day! To us, bringing your vision to life is such an important part of our role so I'm elated to know how happy you are with how everything turned out. Working with you was a joy and I hope our paths cross again. In the meantime, take care and best wishes!
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 03/24/2019

Wonderful!

Stephanie and Fretless Music was one of the first vendors we hired for our wedding. We hired a string trio for our ceremony and cocktail hour. I had an immediate good feeling about them from the first time we contacted them. I looked around at other vendors but only contacted them. I think they were very well priced. Stephanie was patient with all my emails and questions, and I had a lot of questions. She was so helpful throughout the whole process and was so easy to work with. We loved the music! Stephanie was great on the day of, she arrived early to get a scope of the venue and where she was playing. We picked a variety of classical and modern songs. Several guests commented on how fun it was to hear modern songs and songs from movie soundtracks. I teared up when I first heard them begin playing our music selections as our guests began to arrive. Additionally, my mom told me later that my two year old niece had watched as Stephanie was tuning up and she began playing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," for her. That made me so happy, it can be the little things that make a difference! Stephanie and the musicians helped create a beautiful atmosphere for our wedding. I always knew I wanted strings at our wedding; it remains one of my favorite memories of our day. We are so happy that we picked Fretless Music!

Sent on 04/14/2019

Fretless Music's reply:

Christine, you were a breeze to work with and you two, as well as your lovely family and friends at the wedding, were a dream to play for. I'm so glad to know I was able to make the process easy for you and that our performance moved you! Thank you for your trust and kindness. We wish you nothing but the best!

Erin Coogan · Married on 03/23/2019

Simply the best!

Stephanie was easily one of our favorite vendors to work with throughout the wedding planning process. She made our ceremony incredibly memorable. She took the time to meet us and really understand what we wanted (and learn several songs for us). We received so many compliments about her music afterwards. People absolutely loved her work! DO NOT hesitate....she is amazing! You will be glad you decided to work with her. Thank you Stephanie for making our ceremony even better than I could possibly imagine :)

Sent on 03/26/2019

Fretless Music's reply:

Erin, you and Abe were such a JOY to work with! I always love finding ways to personalize weddings with music that represents the couple, so I was more than happy to learn your requests. Thank you for letting me play a part in such a momentous day!
  • stephanie

stephanie · Married on 03/23/2019

Wedding ceremony + cocktail hour

I hired a duo for my ceremony and a trio (violin, cello + Marimba) for my reception and they were fantastic! Lots of options for songs to pick from and they even replayed the 1 song we requested they learn (Jurassic park theme) when my husband missed it because he was outside. The guests were very impressed and singing along to alot of the songs! The process was easy, I highly recommend a string band for your wedding and Fretless Strings in particular!

Sent on 04/19/2019

Fretless Music's reply:

Stephanie, your wedding was such fun to be a part of! Your amazing song choices got the crowd singing along with us during cocktail hour and we're so happy to have Jurassic Park added to our repertoire. Thank you for your trust and kindness. We wish you two an incredible journey together!
  • Alexandria

Alexandria Massie · Married on 03/02/2019

Perfect String Quartet for my big day

Planning a wedding is already stressful enough; especially when you are not in the same state as your wedding venue. We all get the list of “recommended vendors” and mine included some other musicians but after looking at their social media pages, listening to their songs and seeing their arrangements I was unimpressed. After searing on Instagram for hours in an attempt to find my perfect string quartet for my big day, I finally found Fretless Music. Talk about a dream come true, working with Stephanie was a breeze. Communicating with her was fast and easy; they have SO many song choices, classical and popular songs. I was able to find everything I wanted on their song list. At the wedding all of my guests were extremely impressed with Fretless Music and loved the arrangements. I’m so glad I was able to have them at my wedding. It was truly perfect.

Fretless Music 3
    Sent on 05/04/2019

Liz-Marie Sorbun · Married on 02/17/2019

The Best Violinist!

Stephanie is talented, organized and so easy to work with!

She played so beautifully on our wedding day and we are so happy we had her on our team. Her music made our ceremony so much more special!

Sent on 03/15/2019

Laura · Married on 01/26/2019

Fretless blows the competition out of the water

We hired Stephanie from Fretless to perform with her string trio for our wedding ceremony & cocktail hour. Everyone LOVED the music. We got so many compliments! Stephanie was fast when responding to my questions, and made planning very easy. Her repertoire is vast and super fun! My favorite part was that Stephanie learned one of my favorite songs so I could hear it on my wedding day. It was so beautiful and special, and meant so much that she took the time to make our wedding music personal and perfect. I wish I had a CD of the trio playing to listen to all the time! Stephanie and her team really blew the competition out of the water, and we were beyond happy to have enjoyed her exceptional talent on our wedding day. Don't book anybody else--Fretless is the music you want.

Sent on 01/29/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 12/22/2018

The cherry on top of an incredible day

I cannot say enough good things about Stephanie and Fretless Music. Stephanie was responsive and professional from the very beginning. She provided guidance with my song selections, and was patient as I made my decisions. I got so many compliments on the music-- people absolutely loved it! She and her team really provided the special something I was looking for during my wedding ceremony. Watching the videos of the ceremony and hearing her music is something I will always cherish. Thank you, Stephanie!

Sent on 01/09/2019

Dana · Married on 12/15/2018

Wonderfully talented musicians!!

My (now) husband and I were married just a few weeks ago and during the planning process, we were looking for a string trio to play our ceremony and cocktail hour. After much research and speaking with many different vendors, we decided to work with Stephanie and Fretless Music and we could not be happier with our decision!! Stephanie was delightful and extremely prompt in replies (something I always appreciate) while emailing. We were able to pick all songs for the ceremony and cocktail from their extensive repertoire, both classic, modern and even some from beloved musicals/movies! And if there is a song/s you would like to have played that are not on the current repertoire, they will happily learn it to play! We received numerous compliments from guests on how beautiful they sounded, especially after they played the Game of Thrones theme song at cocktail hour (big GOT fans). I was even able to choose from different tempos of Canon in D to walk down the aisle to. We had a nice chat a week or two before the big day to make sure everything was on track and everyone was on the same page, even though I always felt Stephanie was an email away if I had any questions! I would HIGHLY recommend Stephanie and her group if you are looking for extremely talented musicians and truly lovely people! I have already given their contact information to friends and family who are planning weddings :)

Sent on 01/04/2019

Brielle Siskin · Married on 11/03/2018

Phenomenal Trio- Highly Recommend

Fretless music performed at my ceremony and cocktail hour in early November, and they were phenomenal. I hired the trio and worked with Stephanie before the wedding. She was organized, helpful, responsive and had great suggestions. She provided me with a long list of songs to choose from for the ceremony which was super helpful. There was a song I wanted that was not on the list, but she had the music and made sure to play it during the ceremony. Their musical skills were phenomenal and many guests said how great they were. Stephanie was very patient and helpful. Working with them was so easy and fun. They met with me beforehand at the venue and took calls and responded to emails promptly. They are also affordable. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/21/2018

Hester · Married on 10/05/2018

Stephanie played violin at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. She was extremely responsible and responsive throughout the planning process. She had a very nice music list with both pop and classic violin tunes for us to pick from, which made our life much easier. We had a special requirement for some Chinese songs and Ghibli music, which she never played before. She was able to find all these songs quickly and practiced with her piano partner to make sure they turn out beautifully at the event. She also sent us two demo recordings ahead of time for us to practice our walking at our rehearsal dinner. The wedding turned out to be elegant and beautiful, and Stephanie was a big part of the success. Many guests remembered her passion and smile besides the wonderful music. We highly recommend her for any type of event.

Sent on 10/11/2018

Cindy · Married on 09/30/2018

We hired a trio to perform at our wedding ceremony in September. I don't like to call myself a bridezilla, but I am organized and I usually know what I want when I see it. In this case, I knew I wanted Fretless as soon as I saw their website and heard their sample music. Their website was well organized and provided a good amount of sample music to help with our decision. Samples included both classical and modern, as well as with the different numbers of musicians. I was completely sold after corresponding with Stephanie via email. She is very personable, on top of it, and I never had to chase her for responses to my questions. She made it so easy and kept me organized throughout the music selection process. We received a complimentary song request that wasn't on their current playlist and this made our ceremony even more special. We received many compliments from our guests on how well the musicians played. I can't thank Stephanie and her team enough for making our day so special!

Sent on 10/14/2018