35 Briarwoold Lane, Plainview, NY 11803 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $2,450

About Don Hwang Photography

Don Hwang Photography is a professional wedding photographer based in Plainview, New York. Don is passionate about being able to tell your story from start to finish. From every detail and candid moment, he strives to capture each couple's unique energy and personality on their big day using a soft, natural style. Don Hwang Photography is contemporary modern and always in the best of taste. We strive for the perfect combination of timeless elegance and fresh style.

Experience

Don is a seasoned wedding photographer with 15 years experience in the industry, servicing the NYC & Tri-State area. He has a fine arts photography degree from Emily Carr University in Vancouver, Canada.

Don Hwang Photography offers many services for a seamless and memorable experience. The wedding photography service he provides include:

• Additional hours
  • Destination and travel
  • Engagement shoots
  • Liability insurance
  • Multiple locations
  • Second shooter
  • Wedding portraits

Other Services

Don Hwang Photography also provides many ways to preserve your wedding memories. These options include:

• Albums

bridalshow 51 1026059 v1

3 Reviews for Don Hwang Photography

• Eileen

Eileen Strong · Getting married on 08/06/2021

The absolute BEST photographer you could choose!

Don is amazing! We found him at a bridal showcase, right when I had just given up on the idea of finding a high-quality photographer at a reasonable price. Don met with us on that day, followed up, met with us again in person to showcase his previous work and answer any questions we may have. He was very thorough and took great care to make sure he did the best possible job for us. He pays attention to the small details and goes above and beyond! My husband and I were nervous we would feel a little awkward in front of the camera, but Don put us at ease and captured some wonderful engagement photos. As soon as we got the preview back (so quickly!), I knew I had made the best decision choosing Don.

We ended up having to change our wedding plans due to COVID-19 and decided to have a smaller and casual ceremony than initially planned. Don was so accommodating and helpful. He was able to photograph the day and capture all of our special moments. I can't believe he was able to take so many amazing photos in the span of a few hours. Everyone that we share the photos with comment on the amazing and artistic job he did. I hope we are still able to have our larger reception later on so he can capture that day as well!

I can't say enough wonderful things about Don - his photography is truly breathtaking and his prices are so reasonable! I couldn't believe the quality that he offers and I am still so, so grateful I went to that bridal showcase and found him!

If you are still looking for a photographer - look no further. I will be recommending Don to anyone and everyone I encounter in the future!

Sent on 07/23/2020
  • Meaghan

Meaghan · Married on 09/06/2020

MUST hire wedding photographer! Completed our perfect day!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND! I first learned about Don's impeccable work from a friend who had hired Don for her wedding photography. Looking at her wedding photos - I knew that I wanted to look more into booking Don for my upcoming wedding.

Fast forward to looking up Don's website - I love how transparent it is! His pricing is very transparent and reasonable especially given the high quality of work he produces. Transparency in pricing is not something I have found looking at other vendors, so working with Don was really a breath of fresh air.

Initially, pre-COVID we were planning to have a large wedding and a couple months before we changed to a small backyard ceremony. Don was very flexible in accommodating our venue change.

Day of - he was also an ABSOLUTE DREAM to work with! My husband and I are not the most comfortable pair on camera, but Don made us feel so relaxed. He captured beautiful moments of our special day of both us and our family. That was exactly what I wanted for our wedding photography, not a bunch of stock photos. All of Don's photos of our special day are just beautiful to look at. He also is very efficient because he captures soooo many pictures so quickly and he really helped the day run so smoothly! I am so excited that he will also be photographing our large ceremony next year.

I cannot recommend Don highly enough! We also booked Amber, videographer, with him for our wedding and they worked seamlessly together. If you are unsure, check out his blog for more of his work. I really also recommend to just reach out and schedule a phone call with Don and you will know what all the other reviewers are talking about and you can just sense his warmth over the phone. He brings that warmth into his beautiful artistic photography! He is a must hire!

Sent on 10/07/2020
  • ALEXANDRA

ALEXANDRA · Married on 12/07/2019

We Love Don!

From the moment I met Don, I had a feeling he would be our photographer. I met him first at a bridal showcase and requested a quote before I had my then fiancé meet him. His pricing is great for the quality of photography he produces – which is beautiful work. We then met at a Starbucks to go over the contract and introduce him to my fiancé. Don brought samples of his wedding albums to our meeting and WOW – these photos looked like literal paintings. My fiancé was really impressed at the quality and look of his work. To us, the pictures looked like art.
    Fast forward to our engagement shoot which was outside in NYC on a freezing February day. Don spent over 3 hours with us walking around to different locations and making us laugh and feel comfortable in front of the camera – event though our fingers were numb haha. He works so fast too because I think it was probably less than a month later we got all of our edited engagement photos back.
    In the days leading up to our wedding Don and I spoke frequently about our timeline and photos I wanted him to capture. On the day of our wedding it was so good to see Don. It was like he was a close friend. He really cared about our special day and made sure to get candid photos to really capture the feelings of friends and family. My now husband and I speak about how beautiful our photos came out frequently and so do our friends and family. We are so happy we chose Don and will definitely be using him for future events!!

Sent on 03/08/2020

Don Hwang Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 1850.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 2450.00
    2nd Shooter
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Natural
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Destination / Travel
    Engagement Shoot
    Multi. Locations
    Second Shooter
    Video
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Digital Files
    Prints
    Save the Date

• 35 Briarwoold Lane Plainview, New York, 11803 See on map
    Location of (Don Hwang Photography)