DMV PRO DJS

Rockville, MD View map
$1,950 Most Popular Price

$1,950 Most Popular Price

Michael Cruz, a.k.a. DJ Cuban, has been DJ’ing since 2004. Cruz first began DJing at small parties and soon transitioned to large weddings and corporate events. His passion for the trade has allowed him to achieve a level of success beyond his wildest dreams.

Today, Cruz DJ’s over 160 events annually. Performing at nightclubs throughout Washington, DC, Cruz was nominated as DC’s Top Club DJ in 2011 by Chuck Levins/DC Clubbing. While he still holds a residency at a DC nightclub, most of his schedule is filled with weddings and corporate events.

Cruz’s experience performing at nightclubs is a major competitive advantage over other DJs. He mastered the art of executing smooth transitions between tracks to maintain an active dance floor. Coupled with his experience DJing dozens of weddings and corporate events each year, you get a well prepared DJ that’s detail-oriented, business savvy, and highly skilled to rock your event.

What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?

$1,750

What is included in the starting price?

Sound/PA System

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$1,950

What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?

Microphones

What is the starting price for uplighting?

$500

What music genres do you specialize in?

Electronic
Pop
R&B/Soul
Rock
Top 40

What services do you offer?

Bilingual MC
Do-Not-Play List
MC

What additional equipment do you offer?

Projector
Uplighting
illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

• Estefania
    Estefania C. Married on 09/30/2022

Music Master!

What a vibe! DJ Cuban understood the assignment! I said I wanted dance music going all night and DJ Cuban delivered in spades. I come from a Hispanic background and my husband is American, so I wanted there to be an equal representation of Spanish music just as much as English music. DJ Cuban did exactly that! I was incredibly pleased with his DJ skills in addition to how professional, friendly, detailed, and timely everything was. He also referred me to the Photo booth vendor, Dan, Who was a pleasure to work with as well. A++++
    Adam A. Married on 07/16/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

So good our family asked him to stay!

Michael’s customer service and professionalism while planning our wedding were second to none.

First, his website makes it very easy to pick what songs you want to be played and his questions during the consultation help to set the vibe you are going for. We felt so much relief after speaking with him that our wedding was going to go smoothly.

Second, his flexibility to keep everything appearing on track when our wedding schedule got behind helped everyone to enjoy themselves with no stress.

Finally, once the dancing started, Michael was able to get and keep everyone on the dance floor the whole time. Worried that you won’t be able to keep your English speaking family with your new Peruvian family happy with music? Michael has you taken care of. Everyone including my dad who nobody has ever seen dance, my wife and I’s 11 nieces and nephews, and my 86 year old Grandpa got on the floor and had a blast. My family enjoyed him so much, that without our knowledge, they paid for his extra hour which is an excellent service in case you want to keep the party going.

Our guests also had a lot of fun at the photo booth, which included many fun props. It allows for print outs and for pictures to be sent directly to anyone as phone via text. Super fun and convenient!
  • Alejandro Colon
    Alejandro C. Married on 10/09/2021

Dream Wedding DJ!

We had our wedding on October 9th, 2021. It was a postponed date from our original 10/10/2020 date, but as we all know, COVID had other plans. From the very beginning of the postponement process, Michael, AKA DJ CUBAN, was an absolute allstar to work with. He was professional, compassionate, patient, and understanding every step of the way. His calm and collected demeanor never faltered even with all the curveballs my husband and I threw at him. Planning a postponed wedding through a pandemic was no easy process. All the decisions and last minute changes were exhausting and overwhelming. However, anytime we needed to communicate with Michael, my husband and I would breathe a sigh of relief, look at each other and say, “man, I am so glad we chose him”. He understands the process. He knows the hard work, challenges, and personalization that goes into planning such an important event, and he was there for it, for all of it. Michael was gracious and intuitive as we navigated plans for a bilingual reception. Michael’s native Spanish was a big factor in why we chose his services for our wedding day - my family is Brazilian and my husband’s is Puerto Rican so, it was important for us to honor both our cultures and home languages. Looking at the totality of the planning process and Michael’s work, it is so clear that regardless of your musical preference, cultural or language background, DJ Cuban is able to meet you and your fiancé’s needs, however personalized they may be, and this is what made all the difference for us. It felt as if Michael was our personal DJ, trained, prepared, and invested in us, personally as a couple, and the needs of our family and guests. It was so important to hear both traditional Puerto Rican and Brazilian music during our reception, and of course we gave Michael a few tracks and genres as a guide, but then we stepped back, trusted his expertise, and let him take the lead from there, a boy did he deliver. Not only did he play both Puerto Rican and Brazilian music, but he played the CLASSICS. He nailed every selection as if he read both of our minds. Our dance floor was POPPIN! The way Michael seamlessly transitioned between genres and made sure to incorporate all the bops from the 90s and early 2000s (shout out to our fellow 90s babies), kept our guests tearing up the dance floor the WHOLE NIGHT. I got more, “your DJ is amazing” comments than any other comment throughout the night. The energy in our reception tent was exactly what I had always dreamt it would be for my wedding. I am notoriously picky and extremely detail oriented - needless to say, I am a tough critic and tough to please when it comes to hosting an event. Michael gave us everything and more. There is not a thing I would change from our wedding day or Michael’s services. It was incredible to watch as Michael elevated and maintained the party atmosphere, dancing along, and singing along to each song he played. Then when a guest walked up to request a song, he would lower his headphones, smile so politely, and softly say, “of course I can play that”. This was the greatest indication of Michael’s professionalism during the night. As we’ve all experienced, many DJs get visibly irritated when you make a song request. They can make you feel awkward for even asking and that can totally kill a guest’s party vibe. DJ Cuban honored mine and my husband’s requests, and those of our guests with such grace and enthusiasm - there was nothing more we could have asked for from him.

If your desire is to have a ceremony and reception atmosphere that feels intimate, personal, and memorable, then DJ Cuban is your guy. We cannot say enough about his skill, his professionalism, and his integrity. He gave us the party of our dreams and for that, we will forever be grateful. Book your most special day with DJ Cuban, trust us, you will be so thankful you did.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

11418 Rockville Pike, 2007 Rockville, MD, 20852
2025708888
Location of (DMV PRO DJS)

Other vendors in Washington DC for your wedding