90 Clairton Blvd. Suite 10, Pittsburgh, PA 15236 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 66

About DJ Underdog

It all started on the mean streets of Bon Air a little more than thirty years ago. As Terry and the rest of the Steelers rose again as champions, DJ Underdog entered the world kicking and screaming. Often when these cries became too harsh, it was music that would quiet the heavy crying. Music filled my house and childhood. Sounds of the radio and our record player often played for the members of my house, and surrounding neighbors. As a child my love for music often got me into a world of trouble. One example could be showing the babysitter how to scratch records, although some may say destroy would be a better description of that event. This “problem” would continue into my teenage years as you could find me running home no matter what I was doing so I could tape music videos. Although my mom would tell you that I was actually taping over her shows. Music has always been a big part of my life. Isn’t it funny how you can associate a special time, event, or moment with music? In 2003, I got an opportunity to put my love for music to the test as I began to “dj” local bars, parties, and weddings. In the years that have followed I have been lucky enough to be a part of many people’s special memories. I hope to continue to be a part of many more events, and I can continue to do something that’s always made sense to me, PLAY MUSIC!!!

party4
battle1

• Videos 1

47 Reviews for DJ Underdog

Nikki · Married on 07/08/2017

Joe was recommended to us by someone who attended a wedding where he was the DJ. After meeting with Joe, I knew that we chose the right person. He is so knowledgeable in everything needed to make the day go smoothly and even thought of things that we didn't. Most importantly, the music was amazing. He kept the dance floor full the whole night with his song selections and everyone had so much fun!! I would definitely recommend DJ Underdog.

• Future Mrs. D

Michelle · Married on 06/17/2017

DJ Underdog is the perfect vendor for anyone who wants to make sure that their event is a great party! He was so much fun to work with and was totally flexible when we wanted to mix things up a the last minute. His expertise shines through in everything he does, from announcing the bridal party to helping you select the perfect tunes for the evening. Despite the heat of the day (it was 90*) he kept our guests going with a variety of songs and genres. We had a great time!

• BethanyD6917

Bethany · Married on 06/09/2017

Let me start by saying we chose our wedding date based on DJ Underdog's availability and not the reception venue's availability! There was no way I (the bride) would have our wedding reception without him! I have been a fan of DJ Underdog for over 12 years since attending a former coworker's wedding in 2005! DJ Underdog knows how to get everyone out of their seats and remain on the dance floor all night playing a mix of songs to accommodate any music-lovers' preference. It has been almost a month since our wedding and we saw friends over the 4th of July who were still going on about how much fun they had at our wedding and how awesome our DJ was!!
    For our wedding, we had a mix of Top 40 - Pop/R&B/Hip-Hop, Motown, Classic Rock, Country, and timeless, classic slow songs. On our RSVP cards we left a space for our guests to include a song they'd "promise to dance to if they heard..."and did our best to include them on our "Must Play" list. For some of the requests we received that were a little slower or older, we asked for them to be played during dinner. The little personal touches that made our guest extra happy that day would not have been possible without the help of Joe! In addition to these special requests, he was also willing and able to cut our first dance song from over 5 minutes down to 3, and blended the mother/son dance from Somewhere Over the Rainbow into a Polka flawlessly!
    DJ Underdog's energy to get the crowd hype extends from his fun-loving, charismatic, humorous personality. You will love this guy the moment you sit down to meet with him. He is hands-down THE BEST DJ I have ever seen/heard at a wedding. Professional, catering, and energetic don't even do this man justice, as obvious by the rest of the reviews on this site and on The Knot. Do yourself a favor and book this man as your DJ! You will not regret it!

DJ Underdog FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 2,002.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,002.00
  • What services do you offer? Liability Insurance

• Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh South
    Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh South Hotel Weddings

DJ Underdog is hands down the best wedding DJ in the city. I have seen him play countless Wedding Receptions and as a Wedding Professional, I even booked him for my own reception. If you want a Organized Professional DJ, but also someone FUN, enthusiastic, and who not only knows how to get the party started, but can keep it going all night, then call Joe. You will not be disappointed.

• 90 Clairton Blvd., Suite 10 Pittsburgh, PA 15236 See on map
    Meetings available by request.