90 Clairton Blvd. Suite 10, Pittsburgh, PA 15236 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 67

About DJ Underdog

It all started on the mean streets of Bon Air a little more than thirty years ago. As Terry and the rest of the Steelers rose again as champions, DJ Underdog entered the world kicking and screaming. Often when these cries became too harsh, it was music that would quiet the heavy crying. Music filled my house and childhood. Sounds of the radio and our record player often played for the members of my house, and surrounding neighbors. As a child my love for music often got me into a world of trouble. One example could be showing the babysitter how to scratch records, although some may say destroy would be a better description of that event. This “problem” would continue into my teenage years as you could find me running home no matter what I was doing so I could tape music videos. Although my mom would tell you that I was actually taping over her shows. Music has always been a big part of my life. Isn’t it funny how you can associate a special time, event, or moment with music? In 2003, I got an opportunity to put my love for music to the test as I began to “dj” local bars, parties, and weddings. In the years that have followed I have been lucky enough to be a part of many people’s special memories. I hope to continue to be a part of many more events, and I can continue to do something that’s always made sense to me, PLAY MUSIC!!!

• Entertainment Tonite

55 Reviews for DJ Underdog

• Lindsay

Lindsay Huber · Married on 07/04/2020

A great DJ!

Joe was the perfect DJ for our wedding. He played the songs we wanted, but also read the crowd of dancers really well and kept people out on the dance floor which was important to me. I also LOVED how he didn't play the whole song; he really acted as a true DJ and got right into the next song to keep people interested.
    Through all of COVID we had to just skype instead of meeting in person and it actually worked out well. Then throughout the night of the wedding, he stayed in contact with my husband and I to keep us aware of when we would do certain dances like the father-daughter. All ran very smoothly, and I would recommend him to any bride who wants her guests to have a good time on the dance floor.

Sent on 07/15/2020
  • Janine

Janine · Married on 11/09/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Joe was awesome to work with! We had so much fun with the planning process. He knew exactly what to ask and how to make it go so smoothly. The music was perfect! So many compliments from the guest! I can't recommend enough!!!

Sent on 12/19/2019

DJ Underdog's reply:

You guys are amazing! Thank you so much for the kind words. It was an honor to be a part of it. Have a great holiday!

Jessica · Married on 10/26/2019

Look no further, you've found your DJ!

Of all our wedding vendors, we spent the most time looking for a DJ,and cannot recommend DJ Underdog enough! We knew he was going to be our DJ after our first meeting. Planning and communication was super easy, he was so fun to work with, had some great recommendations, and most importantly, took our selections (and do-not-play list) seriously. Although our venue was on one property, the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were in three different buildings, and Joe never missed a beat. I am so thankful he helped keep us organized and everything moving smoothly. Joe was an amazing MC, and most importantly, he kept the party going! The dance floor was full all night, he really was able to read a room and make the party! Months later, our family and friends still talk about how much fun our reception was, Thanks Joe!

Sent on 02/22/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

DJ Underdog FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?
    $ 2,002.00
  • What is included in the starting price?
    Consultation
    MC
    Microphones
    Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 2002
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?
    Consultation
    Sound/PA System
    MC
    Microphones
  • What music genres do you specialize in?
    Country
    Oldies
    Pop
    R&B/Soul
    Rock
  • What services do you offer?

• Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh South Hotel Weddings

DJ Underdog is hands down the best wedding DJ in the city. I have seen him play countless Wedding Receptions and as a Wedding Professional, I even booked him for my own reception. If you want a Organized Professional DJ, but also someone FUN, enthusiastic, and who not only knows how to get the party started, but can keep it going all night, then call Joe. You will not be disappointed.

• 90 Clairton Blvd., Suite 10 Pittsburgh, 15236 See on map
    Meetings available by request.
    Location of (DJ Underdog)