Kansas City, MO 64145 Map · Phone number

About DJ Elwood

"The most engaged and responsive vendor that we worked with for our wedding."

"DJ Elwood is meticulous - he starts thinking of the perfect set for you months before your wedding."

"There were points when literally every guest was dancing, whether they were 20 years old or 80 years old. He played danceable music that you rarely hear at a wedding, mixed together in a seemless flow of energy."

DJ Sean Elwood is a native New Yorker, raised in Manhattan. “When I was growing up” says Sean “It wasn’t unusual to hear The Clash right alongside a Hip Hop or R&B record, and that sensibility continues to inform my DJ style”

Sean got his start working in downtown clubs and lounges, and held residencies at Bar XVI, SX 137, and Katra. He has also spun at APT, Opus 22, Southpaw, and numerous other NYC venues. Sean has also played numerous corporate and charity events, but is increasingly focused on weddings.
Sean has been DJing weddings in and around NYC for over 10 years and is now serving the greater Kansas City area.

Several years ago Sean met and married a lovely woman from the Midwest, who gave him two beautiful daughters, and forced him to get his drivers license. Fully insured, with his own car and equipment, DJ Elwood is prepared to “bring the party” and strives to make every wedding perfect.

References available on request.

weddings@djelwood.com

DJElwoodcrop
bm1289

43 Reviews for DJ Elwood

Katie · Married on 06/03/2017

DJ Elwood knows how to bring everyone to the dance floor. Sean was absolutely perfect for our wedding ceremony and reception. He had every song that I wanted for our non traditional wedding and executed it perfectly. Our reception was amazing, thanks to Sean. I don't recall a part of the night when the dace floor wasn't full of people dancing their butts off. He knows how to please a crowd and makes sure everyone has fun. Not only is he a talented DJ, he was super easy to work with and catered to all my requests. If you want a bumping dance floor for your wedding, then definitely get DJ Elwood for your big day!

Sent on 06/14/2017

Taylor · Married on 09/09/2016

Sean was amazing from the first appointment we had with him to the end of the reception!

Sent on 09/09/2016

Alyssa · Married on 08/21/2016

I left the DJ booking to my fiancé, who is a musician and artist. We still didn't have one until a few months out from the wedding, and I was getting concerned. But, I came home from work one day to a beaming smile: he was positive he found the right person to DJ our very unique wedding. I knew from our first Skype chat (we live out of town) that Sean was perfect. We actually have a lot in common with him, and we met up with him when he DJ'd a set in Chicago about a month out from our wedding. Leading up to the wedding, I was so grateful that he was unfazed by our scatterbrains. (Sorry about that, Sean!) And, the music was perfect the day of the wedding. He made our blend of cultures/music styles come together into a cohesive mix that made sense. If you have the chance to book DJ Elwood, don't hesitate! He was fantastic and a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 08/25/2016

DJ Elwood FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 995.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,200.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Electronic, Hip Hop, International, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Microphones, Sound/PA System

• Bendet Photography
    Bendet Photography Wedding Photographers

Classy, professional and keeps the party hopping! You couldn't ask for more from a DJ!!!

• Kansas City, 64145 See on map