2910 Ariel Drive, Reno, NV 89523 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $3,700
Availability Check your date
  • Photos & Videos 53

About Distinctive Video

You will be so glad you had a professional wedding film! When your Big Day is over, all you have left is your photos and video. Only a wedding film captures the ceremony vows, the toasts, and the excitement of the first dance! Your day goes by so fast- let us capture your precious memories!

Located in Reno, Nevada, cinematographer Howard of Distinctive Video specializes in creative wedding videography. He shoots largely in Lake Tahoe, Reno, and the Carson Valley, and travels too. In addition to filming weddings, Howard taught video productions for many years at South Tahoe High School. In his free time he loves to travel, hike, bike, and practice yoga.

Distinctive Video exclusively shoots in high-definition, and uses that footage to craft cinematic highlight videos, documentary edits, and more of your wedding. All videos can be customized to your needs and preferences, and Howard is happy to handle any special requests. A complimentary consultation is provided for all potential clients to discuss their wedding vision and Howard’s approach to wedding videography. Three wedding packages are available: The Cinematic Package and A Cut Above both feature two cinematographers, creative editing, and multiple camera angles. Included in the final package: an 8-10 min. highlight film, plus full ceremony, all toasts, and family dances. Another package: a basic highlight film- with just one cinematographer, eight hours of service, is also available. Couples can also select from a variety of add-on services, including a love story interview, engagement video, drone usage, and a short wedding trailer. Howard prides himself on a very positive user experience, customer satisfaction, and quick turn-around of your final videos. Memories to last a lifetime!

Follow Distinctive Video on

• Videos 5

36 Reviews for Distinctive Video

• Kaitlin

Kaitlin Young · Married on 10/13/2018

You will not regret working with Distinctive Video Productions!

Distinctive Video Productions is the absolute best videographer that I could have selected to capture our wedding day. My parents gifted us a wedding videographer as our wedding present, and I can't believe I almost went without one.

We worked mainly with Howard who was willing to accommodate us every step of the way. As we were planning our music festival themed wedding, we explained that we were planning a few unconventional activities like having a bounce house, mega-bubbles, and smoke grenades. Howard was impressed with our plans and I felt that he was just as excited as we were about our wedding day.

Howard and his team were exceptionally easy to work with. He has a great sense of humor, which helped me relax as I was feeling anxious/nervous because we were a little behind schedule.

The entire crew was very professional and more importantly, fun to be around. I saw them running around behind-the-scenes capturing all the moments I missed, which now I get to watch for years to come. They worked so well with all my other vendors and as a team really helping one another out. It can feel pretty awkward to be in front of the camera, but the team works so efficiently and blends so well into the background that everything felt natural.

Howard is creative, energetic, and motivated - he genuinely enjoys capturing wedding videography and getting to know the couples. He is a retired videography teacher, so I knew we were in good hands. I truly enjoyed having him and his team as part of our #FestWeddingEver.

Our wedding video is absolutely stunning and I am so happy can look back at it and help me remember the little details that tend to fade with time. Howard went above and beyond and provided us several video additions that weren't included in our contract, which I am so thankful for.

I would recommend Distinctive Video Productions fully without hesitation to anyone looking for an amazing wedding videographer (which should be every bride and groom. Trust me, you'll want a video on top of photographs)!

Watch my wedding video here: vimeo.com/303838509

P.S. I used Harmony Hilderbrand as my photographer and highly recommend her, too!

Sent on 01/10/2019

Karen · Married on 07/09/2018

My husband and I received our wedding video today and we are so grateful to Howard for the care and hard work he put into making it a joy to watch. So many couples say that they watch their wedding video once and never again and this justifies their choosing to bypass investing in capturing the memory in a video. I can honestly say that our video will be watched more than that and it's because of what Howard refers to as his 'labor of love.' He is a compassionate individual who loves to make a positive impact in the lives of others. Easy to talk to and down to earth...it will feel as though a longtime friend is shooting the video for you. He handled the background sounds (motor boats) very well and that includes the sudden gusts of wind that normally tamper with clarity of sound. Howard takes everything into consideration as if he were the groom himself and it was the most important day of his life. I'm NOT kidding! Although we paid for his services, he went above and beyond the call of duty to deliver his product and I can honestly say that we feel as though we got a great deal for what we paid. We feel blessed to know Howard and I now call him a friend that I wish to market in the community so others can have a similar recording of their special day. Howard was the first individual at our venue when we arrived and he was genuinely excited to be there and take part. His happiness eased my nerves and was contagious to all who were present. He offered suggestions on what to do/behave to help us relax and make the video unique. I could go on and on about this man but for now, I recommend him without so much as an inkling of reservation. Howard is the epitome of what it means to put passion into his work and I can assure you that the results will be evident in the final product. Thank you Howard! You are a blessing to so many couples!!!

P.S. We used Ciprian Photography as well as Rev. Dave Beronio and the three made an AMAZING TEAM!!!

Sent on 07/30/2018
  • O

Omar · Married on 08/05/2017

These 5/5 ratings on this Web site do Howard's work injustice, as he is truly beyond 5 stars with regards to all of the above criteria. Not only is he extremely responsive, kind, professional, accommodating, but the final product (MASTERPIECE) created at the end is worth every penny. My wife and I high expectations as Howard had done an excellent job on my sister's wedding over 5 years ago. Despite those expectations, we were still blown away at the work he had put into our wedding's videography. The final video though only 9 minutes in length was somehow able to capture the right amount of each part of the wedding ceremony and reception... and this taking into account that our wedding was huge (at least in this part of the world) with almost 300 people and it was amazing to see how just about everyone was captured in all of the different scenes. As I have some background into music, I highly appreciated that the background music was appropriately attuned to each scene and transitioned well with the moments. Howard and his team had done a phenomenal job, and I apologize that the words from this review still cannot give a fraction of the amount of praise that they deserve. There is no doubt that my wife and I would highly recommend his services to any couple taking that next big step!

--Ana and Omar

Sent on 10/14/2017

Distinctive Video FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding videography services? $ 2,700.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Multi. Cameras, Multi. Locations
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,700.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Multi. Cameras, Multi. Locations
  • What videography services do you offer? Add'l Hours, Client Revisions, Full Feature Video, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Liability Insurance, Multi. Cameras, Multi. Locations, Raw Footage, Save The Date, Slideshow / Montage
  • What final video formats do you offer? Digital Download, SD Card, USB Flash Drive, USB Hard Drive

• Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe
    Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe Hotel Weddings

Distinctive Video provides professional, experienced and personal services. Howard is absolutely wonderful to work with and the video he produces will reflect your style and provide you with cherished moments that you may not have even realized occured during your special day.

• Tahoe Dream Events
    Tahoe Dream Events Wedding Planners

Howard is a great videographer and easy to work with. I highly recommend him!

• Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning
    Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning Wedding Planners

It is always a pleasure working with Distinctive Video and Howard Coleman. He is a true professional, yet fun to work with at the same time. His video productions are first-class and beautifully capture the irreplaceable elements of the wedding day. We look forward with great excitement when we know that Distinctive Video will be recording the wedding ceremony and reception, as we know that the client will be extremely pleased with the final result. When looking for a wedding videographer, Distinctive Video is a wonderful choice!

• 2910 Ariel Drive Reno, Nevada, 89523 See on map