135 Bonnie Brae Lane, Eastsound, WA 98245 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing
  • Deals 1

About Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant

What is your dream for your ideal wedding? Are you looking for something grand with many guests to witness your union? Do you want a smallish wedding in a picturesque setting? What is most important to you for the ceremony?

It is my pleasure to help dreams come true by listening and creating a personalized ceremony centered around what’s important to couples to celebrate their love on their wedding day.

It is a happy day when the parents of the bride and groom shake my hand and offer kind words of joy for the ceremony they just witnessed.

I think a wedding ceremony is not only intended for the couple who is being married–it is also intended for everyone who is present at the wedding. I take pleasure in hearing laughter from the bride and groom and their guests.

I like to gather from conversations (face-to-face, Skype, FaceTime, phone) and e-mails how couples enjoy sharing their time together and what they admire about each other. Then I weave this into the ceremony so that it is personal and meaningful. The process is comfortable and fun. The wedding is a culmination of a relationship that is built by going deep and yet light and joyous.

Some couples choose to not see the ceremony until it actually happens; some couples like to see the completed version of the ceremony with various degrees of input, confident that we have connected and that the ceremony is to their liking.

Every wedding feels like a great event. I love meeting children, elders, family, and friends, knowing how important a wedding day is in people’s lives. It is a pleasure when the wedding party can feel confident and relaxed knowing the ceremony will be a success!

Whether we have a rehearsal or not, I like to help people feel at ease and valued no matter what their role will be in a wedding.

Whatever size or style of wedding you choose, it is the careful, thoughtful planning and the atmosphere makes it beautiful.

If you’re thinking of coming to the San Juans (or you are a local who already knows and loves this place), you will be so happy you came to these majestic islands! Did you know that the San Juan Islands are one of the two most popular destination wedding locations for islands in the country? The San Juan Islands have a wedding industry that is truly remarkable.

Where I live, Orcas Island, most summer weekends have weddings several weddings ranging from the picturesque surroundings at Rosario, the sounds of the water during silent moments on the patio of the Odd Fellows Hall, the beautiful garden at the Outlook Inn,, the quaint atmosphere by the ferry landing at the Orcas Hotel, Moran ELC, where groups can rent out the entire place and have their lodging needs met in one fell swoop; the intimacy of the Victorian Valley Chapel, sounds of cows enjoying a summer day as part of the soundscape of farm weddings. I've enjoyed showing up at homes with stunning views to officiate weddings that are straight out of National Geographic, and at outside locations in Moran State Park, such as the top ofl Mt. Constitution, by a waterfall, or tucked away by Mountain Lake. One of my favorite elopement or small wedding sites is Little Summit. The views are epic!

So many outside locations near fresh water, saltwater, or with views that are as beautiful as the most beautiful places in the world!

I have had the good fortune to be able to catch the ferry to San Juan Island (usually the peaceful interisland boat) to officiate amazing weddings at Roche Harbor, where their staff defines quality, the Tucker House, where I have had the pleasure to officiate several elopements, Lime Kiln (where whales came out for a celebration after the vows); so many places in Friday Harbor. As for Lopez Island, I think back on the sounds of a bagpipe echoing at Watmough Bay and the charming feel of weddings on Lopez.

After twenty-three years in the San Juans, it is my pleasure to speak with you about which picturesque location will best suit your needs and wishes on your wedding day and for you and your guests to best enjoy your stay for however many days for the wedding weekend or week.

Beyond providing a ceremony that will be a valuable keepsake for the rest of your lives, I am available to help with logistics from how to obtain your marriage license to where to get flowers, as well as helpful tips with lodging, transportation, recreation, best hikes, favorite places to eat.

With such beautiful venues and a fantastic wedding industry (amazing island-produced food catered to your liking, island-grown flowers, talented photographers and videographers, etc.), your wedding is sure to be a complete success! Your guests are going to come home and wonder what kind of dream vacation they just experienced!

We can meet by phone, Facetime, Skype, or perhaps for coffee or a meal, maybe a walk around a mountain lake and see if I can meet your wedding needs. We can send e-mails back and forth to see if you would like to offer the honor of officiating your wedding.

If you would like to be married on the mainland, I am available for weddings in Anacortes, Mt. Vernon, La Conner, Burlington, Seattle, and surrounding Puget Sound area. There is an extra $100 cost for ferries and time. I am available for destination weddings and can do the necessary paperwork to be licensed at your destination wedding location.

Love comes in many forms. It is like the sun—it shines on all regardless of race, sexuality, gender, religion, or beliefs.

Let's see if we’re a good match for a wedding officiant and perhaps if you would like some help with wedding logistics for your stress-free wedding.

megnewtonphotographyceremonycolor 163 51 953545
Rosario Wedding, Orcas Island
Rosario Wedding, Orcas Island
Outdoor Wedding, Orcas Island
Outdoor Wedding, Orcas Island
geo111713 121
Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant
Love comes in many forms!
Love comes in many forms!
crophands

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant 6
Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant 7

Ryan Blankenship · Married on 06/08/2019

The Perfect Officiant For Us

Didier officiated our wedding at Roche Harbor on June 8th, 2019. He is a very kind, genuine and easy going person and was the perfect officiant for our wedding. We had him come to our rehearsal the day before the wedding and even though I offered to put him in a hotel because the ferries were no longer running to Orcas for the day he hitched a ride with someone back to save me the money on a room. He was right back at Roche the next day with the same smile on his face, he truly enjoys what he does. From beginning to end he always put our wishes first, in fact we probably sent ceremony speech revisions back and forth about 10 times and it never phased him at all, he was happy to do it. Throughout the whole process he was probably the most responsive vendor we had, never going more than a few hours at most to respond to emails and phone calls. From the moment we spoke to him on the phone we knew he was our guy. Now that the wedding is over we consider him to be more of a friend than a vendor.

Sent on 06/21/2019
  • Kara

Kara Fichthorn · Married on 05/04/2019

Professional and spot-on Wedding Officiant

Having Didier Gincig officiate our wedding was a great decision! He came recommended by our venue (The Friday Harbor House on San Juan Island) and they were right. Didier does an excellent job! He was responsive and took the time to get to know us. He walked us through every detail of our ceremony in advance. The day of he arrived early so we could connect, and in the end it felt like a cherished friend was officiating, not someone we met only months prior. We both loved his wisdom and insights about marriage, and the personal touches he added to the ceremony about our love story and lives. We could not have been happier! And, I should also add, he recommended our photographer who we also really enjoyed working with. Our day really came together, and was everything we had hoped for. We are thankful to Didier for his help in making our day special!

Sent on 05/07/2019

Ken2019 · Married on 02/06/2019

Professional and Caring Man

My fiancé and I were planning a little vacation to the San Juan's and then later as the date got closer for our trip we decided we wanted to do an impromptu elopement type wedding during our stay.
    Anyway we quickly did some research and came across Mr. Didier Gincig. We started corresponding and things started to fall into place. We made arrangements to meet with him on a Friday and by Sunday we were married. And it couldn't have turned out better. He listened to our wishes, got to know us a bit and gave him license to put together a beautiful ceremony. Since it was only my wife and I we also needed two witnesses which he provided (his wife & daughter). Didier is a very humble man and cares about his craft. I would strongly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a true professional.

Sent on 06/06/2019
    Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant 8
    Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant 9

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Ken and Stacie. You are such kind people. It was a pleasure to be honored with such an important and beautiful event in your lives. I wish you well! Thank you for your kind words.

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant Pricing

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant Price Rates

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 300.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 175.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 75.00
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)? $ 30.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Ceremony Rehearsal, Vow Renewal, Civil Union
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows, Licensed, Premarital Counseling, Bilingual
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Baha'i Faith, Buddhist, Earth-Based, Jewish, No Denomination, Taoist
  • In which states are you licensed? WA
  • What languages do you speak? English, French

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant 1
    Let me know you found me at Wedding Wire and get 10% off.
    Let me know you found me at Wedding Wire and get 10% off.

• Orcas Video
    Orcas Video Wedding Videographers

I couldn't recommend Didier enough. He's a great presence to have at your wedding with his calm energy, passion for love, and commitment to making your wedding your very own special event that it is. He knows how to bring beauty and professionalism to your ceremony with grace.

• Suzanne Rothmeyer Photography
    Suzanne Rothmeyer Photography Wedding Photographers

Didier is a warm, engaging individual, and was so wonderful to work with - we were in a tiny little church on the island and he was both accommodating and communicative....and he gave a lovely delivery officiating. I highly recommend him (and I know the bride and groom were also very happy!).

• 135 Bonnie Brae Lane Eastsound, Washington, 98245 See on map