Orcas Weddings Officiant

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$300 Typical Price

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$300 Typical Price

Don't let COVID-19 stop you from getting married.

With two witnesses and myself (the officiant) we can have a virtual wedding (Zoom, FaceTime, Skype) that is heartfelt, personal, and certainly memorable! Legally binding.

"Under the circumstances, yes, I would consider that to be a legitimate wedding. San Juan County Auditor

"We are so grateful for your willing spirit and adventurous attitude in officiating our zoom wedding yesterday. The result was an unforgettable beginning to our life together!"---content bride

Located in the San Juan Islands, I travel to the three major islands (Orcas, San Juan, Lopez) and to the mainland to officiate weddings. My aim is to be of service to couples to create a meaningful and personal ceremony.

The San Juan Islands and nearby areas are amazing locations for weddings with locations that are as beautiful as the most beautiful places in the world!

We have everything you need in the San Juan Islands for a fantastic wedding, from elopements to big weddings: beautiful venues, delicious island-produced food, island-grown flowers, talented photographers and videographers, and great caterers.

Your guests are going to come home and wonder what kind of dream vacation they just experienced!

I think a wedding ceremony is not only intended for the couple who is being married–it is also intended for everyone who is present at the wedding.

I love meeting children, elders, family, and friends, knowing how important a wedding day is in people’s lives. It is a pleasure when the wedding party can feel confident and relaxed knowing the ceremony will be a success!

Ceremonies are flexible and non-denominational, religious or non-religious.

Let's work together to create a ceremony that will be a valuable keepsake for the rest of your lives.

It is my pleasure to help dreams come true by listening and creating a personalized ceremony centered around what’s important to couples to celebrate their love on their wedding day.

I like to gather from conversations (face-to-face, Skype, FaceTime, phone) and e-mails what couples admire about each and how couples enjoy sharing their time together, shared values, etc. Then I weave this into the ceremony so that it is personal and meaningful. The process is comfortable and fun. The wedding is a culmination of a relationship that is built by going deep and yet light and joyous.

Whether we have a rehearsal or not, I like to help guests feel at ease and valued no matter what their role will be in a wedding.

If you’re thinking of coming to the San Juans (or you are a local who already knows and loves this place), you will be so happy you came to these majestic islands!

If you would like to be married on the mainland, I am available for weddings in Anacortes, Mt. Vernon, La Conner, Burlington, Seattle, and surrounding Puget Sound area. There is an extra travel cost for ferries and time. I am also available for destination weddings.

Visit www.orcasweddingsofficiant.com and let's talk to see if we’re a good match. If you would like some help with wedding logistics for your stress-free wedding, visit www.orcasweddingsofficiant.com. 360.298.0362

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$300

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$175

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?

$75

What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?

$30

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows
Licensed
Premarital Counseling
Bilingual

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Baha'i Faith
Buddhist
Earth-Based
Jewish
No Denomination
Taoist

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.
30-60 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

WA

What languages do you speak?

English
French

Dawn P. Getting married on 07/10/2022

Could Not Have Asked for a Better Fit for Our Elopement!

We could not have asked for a more perfect officiant to perform our elopement ceremony! Didier was professional and timely, even with a 3-hour time zone difference! He took the time to really get to know both of us so that he could create a ceremony that neither of us would ever forget! He was extremely knowledgeable and caring and made the entire process seem like a piece of cake! We cannot thank him and his lovely wife (one of our witnesses) enough for helping make our wedding day the best day of our lives!

Orcas Weddings Officiant's reply:

Wow! Kathryn and I loved every moment in such a magical place--the home where we used to live with our little children by the water. We wish you and Zach a wonderful life together!
  • Dan
    Dan H. Married on 06/21/2022

A wonderful experience from start to finish!

Our wedding on Orcas Island was a wonderful experience. Didier is an amazing dude, super chill, and really listens. I mean listens... Didier was super flexable with timing, location, and helped calm us down with any concerns that we had. We had a beautiful experience and Didier was a great part of it.

Orcas Weddings Officiant's reply:

Thanks, Dan! That was a sweet time we shared together on the mountain. So beautiful and so much love! I am so happy for you both. Congratulations!
    Tina L. Married on 05/26/2022

We love our officiant

We were so happy and blessed to have Didier officiate our wedding. I remember Didier made me cried over the phone when he was sharing his thoughts and ideas about our ceremony because his words really touched my heart and were exactly what I believed. He made our ceremony meaningful and memorable! You can trust him doing a very good job!

Orcas Weddings Officiant's reply:

Tina, that was a lovely wedding at Friday Harbor House. In fact, the vows you shared made both photographers cry! My heart was also very touched by sincerity and love you share. Best to you both!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

Orcas Weddings Officiant 1
Exclusive
Orcas Weddings Officiant 2
Discount
Let me know you found me at Wedding Wire and get 10% off.

Pricing

Orcas Video Orcas Video Wedding Videographers

I couldn't recommend Didier enough. He's a great presence to have at your wedding with his calm energy, passion for love, and commitment to making your wedding your very own special event that it is. He knows how to bring beauty and professionalism to your ceremony with grace.

Suzanne Rothmeyer Photography Suzanne Rothmeyer Photography Wedding Photographers

Didier is a warm, engaging individual, and was so wonderful to work with - we were in a tiny little church on the island and he was both accommodating and communicative....and he gave a lovely delivery officiating. I highly recommend him (and I know the bride and groom were also very happy!).

PO Box 1821 Eastsound, WA, 98245
Location of (Orcas Weddings Officiant)

Other vendors in Seattle for your wedding