135 Bonnie Brae Lane, Eastsound, WA 98245 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing
  • Deals 1

About Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant

It is truly an honor to be a wedding officiant. This is deeply satisfying and meaningful.

After twenty-fouryears in the San Juan Islands, it is my pleasure to speak with you about which picturesque location will best meet your needs and wishes on your wedding day and for you and your guests to best enjoy your stay for the wedding weekend or week.

With such beautiful venues and a fantastic wedding team (amazing island-produced food catered to your liking, island-grown flowers, talented photographers and videographers, etc.), your wedding is sure to be a complete success! Your guests are going to come home and wonder what kind of dream vacation they just experienced!

I think a wedding ceremony is not only intended for the couple who is being married–it is also intended for everyone who is present at the wedding. I take pleasure in seeing joy come from brides, grooms, and their guests.

Whatever size or style of wedding you choose, it is the careful, thoughtful planning and the atmosphere makes it beautiful.

Beyond providing a ceremony that will be a valuable keepsake for the rest of your lives, I am available to help with logistics from how to obtain your marriage license to where to get flowers, as well as helpful tips with lodging, transportation, recreation, best hikes, favorite places to eat, etc.

We can meet by phone, Facetime, Skype, or perhaps for coffee or a meal, maybe a walk around a mountain lake and see if I can meet your wedding needs. We can send e-mails back and forth to see if you would like to offer the honor of officiating your wedding.

Are you looking for something grand with many guests to witness your union? Do you want a smallish wedding in a picturesque setting? Perhaps an elopement? What is most important to you for the ceremony?

It is my pleasure to help dreams come true by listening and creating a personalized ceremony centered around what’s important to couples to celebrate their love on their wedding day.

So many outside locations near fresh water, saltwater, or with views that are as beautiful as the most beautiful places in the world! The San Juan Islands and nearby areas are amazing locations for weddings, whether they are elopements or any size weddings.

I love meeting children, elders, family, and friends, knowing how important a wedding day is in people’s lives. It is a pleasure when the wedding party can feel confident and relaxed knowing the ceremony will be a success!

I like to gather from conversations (face-to-face, Skype, FaceTime, phone) and e-mails what couples admire about each and how couples enjoy sharing their time together, shared values, etc. Then I weave this into the ceremony so that it is personal and meaningful. The process is comfortable and fun. The wedding is a culmination of a relationship that is built by going deep and yet light and joyous.

Some couples choose to not see the ceremony until it actually happens; some couples like to see the completed version of the ceremony with various degrees of input, confident that we have connected and that the ceremony is to their liking.

Whether we have a rehearsal or not, I like to help people feel at ease and valued no matter what their role will be in a wedding.

If you’re thinking of coming to the San Juans (or you are a local who already knows and loves this place), you will be so happy you came to these majestic islands!

Where I live, Orcas Island, most summer weekends have weddings several weddings ranging from the picturesque surroundings at Rosario, the sounds of the water during silent moments on the patio of the Odd Fellows Hall, the beautiful garden at the Outlook Inn,, the quaint atmosphere by the ferry landing at the Orcas Hotel; the intimacy of the Victorian Valley Chapel, sounds of cows enjoying a summer day as part of the soundscape of farm weddings. I've enjoyed showing up at homes with stunning views to officiate weddings that are straight out of National Geographic, and at outside locations in Moran State Park, such as the top ofl Mt. Constitution, by a waterfall, or tucked away by Mountain Lake. One of my favorite elopement or small wedding sites is Little Summit. The views are epic!

I have had the good fortune to be able to catch the ferry to San Juan Island (usually the peaceful interisland boat) to officiate amazing weddings at Roche Harbor, where their staff defines quality, the Tucker House, where I have had the pleasure to officiate several elopements, Lime Kiln (where whales came out for a celebration after the vows); so many places in Friday Harbor. As for Lopez Island, I think back on the sounds of a bagpipe echoing at Watmough Bay and the charming feel of weddings on Lopez.

If you would like to be married on the mainland, I am available for weddings in Anacortes, Mt. Vernon, La Conner, Burlington, Seattle, and surrounding Puget Sound area. There is an extra $100 cost for ferries and time. I am available for destination weddings and can do the necessary paperwork to be licensed at your destination wedding location.

Love comes in many forms. It is like the sun—it shines on all regardless of race, sexual preference, gender, religion, or beliefs.

Let's see if we’re a good match for a wedding officiant and perhaps if you would like some help with wedding logistics for your stress-free wedding. www.orcasweddingsofficiant.com

• Weddings with Rev. Jim Beidle
Outdoor Wedding, Orcas Island
Outdoor Wedding, Orcas Island
geo111713 121
Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant
Love comes in many forms!
Love comes in many forms!
crophands

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant 4
Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant 5

Melissa Rindt · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Perfect ceremony

Didier was great to work with and our ceremony and rehearsal ran smoothly. Lots of wedding guests commented on the feeling of the ceremony and how genuine it felt. Would definitely recommend Didier to other couples.

Sent on 11/01/2019

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks, Melissa! That's great to hear. What a wedding it was at Roche Harbor! It means a lot to me to read your words. It truly is an honor. Best to you and that fine husband of yours.

Baz Porter · Getting married on 02/09/2021

"I do" choose him

This man went out of his way, above and beyond anybody we know. He rose to the occasion, overcoming obstacles to help us with our wedding. We had last minute wedding plans from Los Angeles. We had no idea who to call and we found him via the web. We called him up and he answered the phone late in the evening. He was gracious and listened to our plans. We had to rush our marriage license to San Juan and he told us not to worry. That he would have someone pick up our license and get it to us to Orcas Island. The day
    it self was surreal and amazing. The ceremony was gracious and attended to all our needs and requests. He was polite, courteous and understanding and gave us complete unconditional love. We cannot recommend him enough. We had a very small wedding with about 12 people. We had compliments afterwards, saying that if they were to marry they would do it exactly the same way. We loved his interpretation of our wedding vows. He honored all aspects of our special day. We could not be more grateful for Didier and his ability to create magic for us. We highly recommend his services. We thank you Didier from the depths of our heart. Baz and Nicola.

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant 6
    Sent on 11/14/2019

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you, Baz! Your words are very kind. I'm so glad it came together so well. It was a magical afternoon! I wish you and Nicola a lifetime of happiness! Didier

Kathy Henderson · Getting married on 10/09/2020

Amazing Day!

Didier made our special day easy and relaxed. He took time to make the ceremony special and unique just for us. I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/25/2019

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Your elopement was so beautiful in the garden at the at Outlook Inn! Thank you for your kind review! I have such fond memories of that day. Best to you both!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant Pricing

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant Price Rates

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services?
    $ 300.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services?
    $ 175.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?
    $ 75.00
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?
    $ 30.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
  • What services do you provide?
    Allow Couples' Own Vows
    Licensed
    Premarital Counseling
    Bilingual
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    Baha'i Faith
    Buddhist
    Earth-Based
    Jewish
    No Denomination
    Taoist
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
    30-60 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed?
    WA
  • What languages do you speak?
    English
    French

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant 1
    Let me know you found me at Wedding Wire and get 10% off.
    Let me know you found me at Wedding Wire and get 10% off.

• Orcas Video
    Orcas Video Wedding Videographers

I couldn't recommend Didier enough. He's a great presence to have at your wedding with his calm energy, passion for love, and commitment to making your wedding your very own special event that it is. He knows how to bring beauty and professionalism to your ceremony with grace.

• Suzanne Rothmeyer Photography
    Suzanne Rothmeyer Photography Wedding Photographers

Didier is a warm, engaging individual, and was so wonderful to work with - we were in a tiny little church on the island and he was both accommodating and communicative....and he gave a lovely delivery officiating. I highly recommend him (and I know the bride and groom were also very happy!).

• 135 Bonnie Brae Lane Eastsound, Washington, 98245 See on map