Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant Reviews

67 | Eastsound, WA

67 Reviews for Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant

Carrie Salyards · Getting married on 10/02/2021

Extraordinary experience

I wanted a simple wedding, total of 5 people. Didier gave us an experience that we will cherish for a lifetime. I had no idea my simple wedding could be so enormous! He brought an energy, and a spiritual encounter like no other.

Sent on 03/01/2020

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Carrie. I am so happy to hear the ceremony will be cherished for a lifetime. Sometimes simple can be grand! I am honored to have been part of such a significant event in your lives! Best to you and Clyde! Didier

Shannon Espinola · Getting married on 05/03/2021

We love Didier!

If you are looking for a warm, genuine and knowledgeable officiant, you have found your man. Didier immediately made us feel at ease and cared for. He took the time to get to know us and listened to our story and thoughtfully included details in our ceremony that he helped us write. He shared great suggestions and recommendations to help us tailor our ceremony to perfection. He knows the area profoundly well and had so many options for beautiful scenery and backdrops for your day. He offered his time, expertise and friendship. He is a very special person. He delivered our ceremony and held that space with such a huge heart. It was magical. Didier will make your day very unique and special.

Sent on 03/18/2020

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Shannon and Espi--what an honor to have such a significant part in your beautiful wedding ceremony. I am truly amazed by the loving words you spoke to each other from the depths of your hearts. I am so happy for you! Thank you for your kind words! I will think of you when we go to that beautiful spot. Thank you for your inspiration!

Melissa Rindt · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Perfect ceremony

Didier was great to work with and our ceremony and rehearsal ran smoothly. Lots of wedding guests commented on the feeling of the ceremony and how genuine it felt. Would definitely recommend Didier to other couples.

Sent on 11/01/2019

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks, Melissa! That's great to hear. What a wedding it was at Roche Harbor! It means a lot to me to read your words. It truly is an honor. Best to you and that fine husband of yours.
  • Lisa

Lisa Knutson · Getting married on 04/09/2021

We 100% recommend Didier!

A Valued Wedding Officiant and So Much More !
    We are so lucky to have had Didier as our Wedding Officiant. We met Didier in person weeks before the wedding and knew he would be a perfect fit for our wedding service. At that first meeting Didier took the time to get to know us. With his help and expertise we were able to tailor our wedding to our needs. It was an intimate, personalized and amazing wedding experience. Didier is well connected in the San Juan area with all the things that are needed for a great wedding experience. He is responsive, honest, genuine, sincere and knows how to put together a truly memorable wedding service. Thanks to our wedding experience with Didier we consider him to be a good friend as well as a great Wedding Officiant !
    Mike and Lisa Knutson

Sent on 01/28/2020

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Lisa and Mike, thank you for your kind words. I will never forget being up in the lighthouse with you with the sounds of the guitar, overlooking the water, knowing how far you have come to get to this point in your lives. It was truly a magical day, and I am so honored to have had the opportunity to be your wedding officiant. I am truly grateful. Best to you both!

Emily Goetz · Getting married on 04/03/2021

Wedding Change of Plans

What a week my fiancé and I had, we found out that due to the circumstances of the world right now (March 2020), we had to cancel our wedding in Costa Rica only 3 days out! We decided that we would elope and have an intimate ceremony on Orcas Island, our favorite spot in Washington, if we could. We contacted Didier 3 days before we wanted to get married on Orcas to find out if he was available and would be able to accommodate a small/short ceremony in such a short time. From the onset, he heard our story, and worked with his schedule to ensure he was available and really understood our story so that he could create a special ceremony for us. He even met us in person (while remaining 6ft apart :) ) on orcas the day before the wedding for an hour to talk with us about our love for eachother, and what we wanted out of the ceremony. The ceremony was perfect, and Didier managed to create something that was tailored to us after only knowing us for less than a few hours. We absolutely recommend him to anyone looking to get married on Orcas! He is genuine, kind, and makes the entire situation as fun and comfortable as possible. We are so grateful we were able to work with him!

Sent on 03/31/2020

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Hi Emily and Brian! What a beautiful ceremony it was! I wish you well on your new journey together..........Thank you for the kind words. I'm so glad I could help.

Baz Porter · Getting married on 02/09/2021

"I do" choose him

This man went out of his way, above and beyond anybody we know. He rose to the occasion, overcoming obstacles to help us with our wedding. We had last minute wedding plans from Los Angeles. We had no idea who to call and we found him via the web. We called him up and he answered the phone late in the evening. He was gracious and listened to our plans. We had to rush our marriage license to San Juan and he told us not to worry. That he would have someone pick up our license and get it to us to Orcas Island. The day
    it self was surreal and amazing. The ceremony was gracious and attended to all our needs and requests. He was polite, courteous and understanding and gave us complete unconditional love. We cannot recommend him enough. We had a very small wedding with about 12 people. We had compliments afterwards, saying that if they were to marry they would do it exactly the same way. We loved his interpretation of our wedding vows. He honored all aspects of our special day. We could not be more grateful for Didier and his ability to create magic for us. We highly recommend his services. We thank you Didier from the depths of our heart. Baz and Nicola.

Sent on 11/14/2019

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you, Baz! Your words are very kind. I'm so glad it came together so well. It was a magical afternoon! I wish you and Nicola a lifetime of happiness! Didier

Ronnie · Getting married on 12/28/2020

Perfect for our small wedding

Didier’s humor was great! His light hearted, caring, and loving demeanor was perfect for our wedding. You can’t go wrong with him for your wedding!

Sent on 02/01/2020

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

I appreciate your kind words. They mean a lot to me. I will treasure the memory of this very special wedding just after Christmas at Roche Harbor. It was a pleasure to meet and connect with your friends and family. You are both special and kind-hearted people. I loved the family sand ceremony! I am so happy for you and your family! Didier

Kathy Henderson · Getting married on 10/09/2020

Amazing Day!

Didier made our special day easy and relaxed. He took time to make the ceremony special and unique just for us. I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/25/2019

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Your elopement was so beautiful in the garden at the at Outlook Inn! Thank you for your kind review! I have such fond memories of that day. Best to you both!

Courtney Bowlden · Married on 10/10/2019

Professional and invested!

I've worked a lot with Didier and he's not only super professional, but his service is very meaningful and carefully thought out and delivered. He really gets to know his clients and your can tell. His officiating is very personal and professional. I highly recommend hiring him!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Courtney, thank you for your kind recommendation. I feel the same about your services. Anyone looking for a photographer, do feel comfortable reaching out to Courtney Bowlden!

Noel · Married on 10/10/2019

A wonderful momemt

Didier was who were were hoping for. Not only does he have the heart behind the true meaning of what a wedding should be he truly cares and is passionate about his work. Thank you Didier for spreading the love through your work. It is a work of art.

Sent on 10/17/2019

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

When I think of your beautiful wedding in the little chapel at Roche Harbor, I remember your glowing smile throughout the ceremony. Tanner is truly a gentle man, a kind soul. Your son will be so lucky to have parents such as the two of you! Yes, your wedding ceremony was a work of art on many levels. I am so thankful to have been a part of such a an amazing day! Thank you for your kind words.
  • Gabe

Gabe Wells · Married on 10/08/2019

Wonderful Wedding Officiant

What an absolute joy it was to work with Didier. He went above and beyond to work with my wife and I to develop a ceremony we loved. He was thoughtful and insightful, helping my wife and I to draw out what we truly wanted the ceremony to represent and helped us focus what we had in mind through his extensive experience. We heard dozens of compliments from our guests as to how beautiful the ceremony was. He created an atmosphere of reverence and beauty, with just the perfect blend of humor. Didier contributed greatly to making our wedding something special that we will remember fondly forever. We immensely enjoyed working with him and cannot recommend him enough.

Sent on 10/24/2019

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you for your kind review. It was truly an honor to officiate your beautiful wedding at Westcott Bay on San Juan Island. I enjoyed meeting your family and friends! Best to you both! Keep in touch!

Carla P. · Married on 09/14/2019

Didier is awesome!

If you are planning to get married on Orcas island, Didier is your man! Throughout our planning process he was so positive and supportive, and really allowed us to feel calm and not stressed out on our big day.
    We highly recommend Didier if you are looking for a day-of coordinator :)

Sent on 11/09/2019

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you, Carla. It was a great success! I'm so happy for the two of you! It was truly an honor to help "orcastrate" your wedding day!

Didier

Ryan Blankenship · Married on 06/08/2019

The Perfect Officiant For Us

Didier officiated our wedding at Roche Harbor on June 8th, 2019. He is a very kind, genuine and easy going person and was the perfect officiant for our wedding. We had him come to our rehearsal the day before the wedding and even though I offered to put him in a hotel because the ferries were no longer running to Orcas for the day he hitched a ride with someone back to save me the money on a room. He was right back at Roche the next day with the same smile on his face, he truly enjoys what he does. From beginning to end he always put our wishes first, in fact we probably sent ceremony speech revisions back and forth about 10 times and it never phased him at all, he was happy to do it. Throughout the whole process he was probably the most responsive vendor we had, never going more than a few hours at most to respond to emails and phone calls. From the moment we spoke to him on the phone we knew he was our guy. Now that the wedding is over we consider him to be more of a friend than a vendor.

Sent on 06/21/2019
  • Kara

Kara Fichthorn · Married on 05/04/2019

Professional and spot-on Wedding Officiant

Having Didier Gincig officiate our wedding was a great decision! He came recommended by our venue (The Friday Harbor House on San Juan Island) and they were right. Didier does an excellent job! He was responsive and took the time to get to know us. He walked us through every detail of our ceremony in advance. The day of he arrived early so we could connect, and in the end it felt like a cherished friend was officiating, not someone we met only months prior. We both loved his wisdom and insights about marriage, and the personal touches he added to the ceremony about our love story and lives. We could not have been happier! And, I should also add, he recommended our photographer who we also really enjoyed working with. Our day really came together, and was everything we had hoped for. We are thankful to Didier for his help in making our day special!

Sent on 05/07/2019

Craig Meekins · Married on 03/09/2019

Amazing Guy! He was great to work with at every step!

Didier did such a great job officiating our wedding ceremony. He also had such great insights at every step along the way, which greatly reduced our stress and contributed to an amazing experience. Although our plans changed at the last minute due to a family emergency, Didier managed to still create a memorable experience for our rescheduled and pared-down wedding. It was much smaller and more casual than we had hoped for due to the circumstances, but Didier still made it unforgettable. Thanks, Didier! - Diana and Craig

Sent on 02/09/2020

Craig and Diana,

What a pleasure it was to go down to Seattle and be part of your beautiful wedding by the water! How's the baby? He's probably not a baby but a toddler by now? How is resettling to the East Coast? Thank you for the honor of getting to be your wedding officiant. Best to you both! Didier

Ken2019 · Married on 02/06/2019

Professional and Caring Man

My fiancé and I were planning a little vacation to the San Juan's and then later as the date got closer for our trip we decided we wanted to do an impromptu elopement type wedding during our stay.
    Anyway we quickly did some research and came across Mr. Didier Gincig. We started corresponding and things started to fall into place. We made arrangements to meet with him on a Friday and by Sunday we were married. And it couldn't have turned out better. He listened to our wishes, got to know us a bit and gave him license to put together a beautiful ceremony. Since it was only my wife and I we also needed two witnesses which he provided (his wife & daughter). Didier is a very humble man and cares about his craft. I would strongly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a true professional.

Sent on 06/06/2019

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Ken and Stacie. You are such kind people. It was a pleasure to be honored with such an important and beautiful event in your lives. I wish you well! Thank you for your kind words.
  • Rachel

Rachel R Nau · Married on 11/04/2018

Delightful, Collaborative, and Candid

Didier was the perfect fit for our elopement. He was genial, was very communicative and really crafted a ceremony that was specific to us. He's a great, honest, genuine human being, with a big heart and a real dedication to what he does. My wife and I really felt the whole process was bespoke, and not once did we ever think we were getting anything other than Didier's complete focus. Thanks Didier! Hope to come back to Orcas and visit with you and your wife soon!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you for the review. What a pleasure it was. I look forward to your visit! Happy holidays to you and yours!
  • Heather

Heather Sr · Married on 10/02/2018

We could not have picked a better Officiant!

My husband and I are loners and a little shy by nature, which is one of the biggest reasons why we wanted to elope. Didier was the perfect Officiant for our wedding and we are so happy we picked him! He is a very funny, and personable guy and he helped to make our wedding day perfect! He is very understanding and in-tune with how we wanted to put together our ceremony. We both appreciated Didier's calm and warm personality and he completely understood that our wedding day nerves stemmed from excitement, not doubt about what we were doing. We loved every minute and were so happy with how our ceremony was put together and how flexible he was with us up to and including our wedding day. The first time I spoke with him during our planning phase, I knew that he was the person I was looking for. Didier is truly passionate about what he does and he honestly cares about making your wedding day special and memorable (memorable in a good way!). We would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Pam · Married on 09/22/2018

My husband and I could not be happier with our decision to have Didier officiate our wedding ceremony. Beforehand, Didier spent time getting to know us and what makes our relationship special to customize the ceremony. He worked hard to create a beautiful, memorable and meaningful ceremony that resonated with us. Didier is particularly skilled in creating a sacred space for us, the couple, and all of our guests to genuinely feel the love present. All of our guests raved to us after ceremony, many saying it was the best they have ever witnessed. Didier is an exceptional officiant and we cannot recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 09/26/2018

Karen · Married on 08/17/2018

Didier was so great to work with. We planned everything at the last minute, it all came together in about a week, but he provided the support and guidance to help us plan a beautiful ceremony. His presence and loving demeanor made our ceremony truly special.

Sent on 08/22/2018

Jill · Married on 08/14/2018

Wonderful heartfelt service. Very personalized and a joy to work with.

Sent on 08/16/2018

Gabriella · Married on 08/11/2018

We searched high and low for an officiant that would meet our needs. We wanted a certain amount of gravitas, but also humor, as part of our ceremony and Didier delivered. From our first Skype meeting to our in person meeting on Orcas Island finalizing our details over breakfast, to our last phone call before the wedding day, we felt accommodated, heard and like we were in great hands. Didier was able to write us a wonderful ceremony for us after talking to us and having us write up what we love about each other. My husband and I then reviewed it and edited particulars to our liking and then Didier delivered the best ceremony we could have asked for. I will never forget his sincerity and authenticity when talking to us during our ceremony. Highly recommend Didier to officiate your wedding. Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Bettina · Married on 07/04/2018

Our experience with Didier was exceptional! We decided to marry on the 4th of July on Orcas Island and were so luck to find Didier who worked with us long distance to create the wedding and ceremony. The ceremony was so personal and beautiful and made our day absolutely perfect. Didier was so accommodating when planning a time and place. We could not have experienced a better officiant or wedding. Thank you Didier!!!!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Anna & Kyle · Married on 06/21/2018

Didier is a breath of fresh air and a fantastic human being. He curated an amazing summer elopement ceremony for my husband and I. We were so happy with the process from beginning to end. We both wanted something simple, yet memorable and we could not be any happier with the result. He was so kind, flexible, and very knowledgeable about his magical home in Eastsound. Our ceremony was incredibly special, and we look forward to spending many anniversaries in Orcas Island for years to come. We highly reccomend Didier for all your wedding needs. Cheers!

A&K

Sent on 08/21/2018

Katie · Married on 06/02/2018

Didier provided a wonderful ceremony. He was very attentative to us as individuals and as a couple. I was pleased to have Didier lead a wonderful ceremony.

Sent on 06/11/2018