Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant Reviews

78 | Eastsound, WA

78 Reviews for Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant

Dawn Parry · Getting married on 07/10/2022

Could Not Have Asked for a Better Fit for Our Elopement!

We could not have asked for a more perfect officiant to perform our elopement ceremony! Didier was professional and timely, even with a 3-hour time zone difference! He took the time to really get to know both of us so that he could create a ceremony that neither of us would ever forget! He was extremely knowledgeable and caring and made the entire process seem like a piece of cake! We cannot thank him and his lovely wife (one of our witnesses) enough for helping make our wedding day the best day of our lives!

Sent on 11/13/2020

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Wow! Kathryn and I loved every moment in such a magical place--the home where we used to live with our little children by the water. We wish you and Zach a wonderful life together!

Carrie Salyards · Getting married on 10/02/2021

Extraordinary experience

I wanted a simple wedding, total of 5 people. Didier gave us an experience that we will cherish for a lifetime. I had no idea my simple wedding could be so enormous! He brought an energy, and a spiritual encounter like no other.

Sent on 03/01/2020

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Carrie. I am so happy to hear the ceremony will be cherished for a lifetime. Sometimes simple can be grand! I am honored to have been part of such a significant event in your lives! Best to you and Clyde! Didier
  • Ian

Ian Bachman · Getting married on 09/04/2021

Intimate Elopement at Friday Harbor

Like many couples hoping to marry in 2020, we found ourselves doing some last minute adjusting due to Covid. When we started looking at eloping to Friday Harbor, everyone suggest Didier and we are so glad they did!

He was so warm, friendly, and helpful in the process. He took time to get to know us and make the ceremony about just us. We were blessed to Didier carry out the ceremony for us in such a personal and touching way. I could not recommend him more!

Sent on 08/14/2020

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

I'm so glad we were able to do this together! I am also blessed to have be able to be of service and create and offer such a heartfelt ceremony with your hearts so wide open on such a glorious day!

Shannon Espinola · Getting married on 05/03/2021

We love Didier!

If you are looking for a warm, genuine and knowledgeable officiant, you have found your man. Didier immediately made us feel at ease and cared for. He took the time to get to know us and listened to our story and thoughtfully included details in our ceremony that he helped us write. He shared great suggestions and recommendations to help us tailor our ceremony to perfection. He knows the area profoundly well and had so many options for beautiful scenery and backdrops for your day. He offered his time, expertise and friendship. He is a very special person. He delivered our ceremony and held that space with such a huge heart. It was magical. Didier will make your day very unique and special.

Sent on 03/18/2020

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Shannon and Espi--what an honor to have such a significant part in your beautiful wedding ceremony. I am truly amazed by the loving words you spoke to each other from the depths of your hearts. I am so happy for you! Thank you for your kind words! I will think of you when we go to that beautiful spot. Thank you for your inspiration!

Melissa Rindt · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Perfect ceremony

Didier was great to work with and our ceremony and rehearsal ran smoothly. Lots of wedding guests commented on the feeling of the ceremony and how genuine it felt. Would definitely recommend Didier to other couples.

Sent on 11/01/2019

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks, Melissa! That's great to hear. What a wedding it was at Roche Harbor! It means a lot to me to read your words. It truly is an honor. Best to you and that fine husband of yours.
  • Lisa

Lisa Knutson · Getting married on 04/09/2021

We 100% recommend Didier!

A Valued Wedding Officiant and So Much More !
    We are so lucky to have had Didier as our Wedding Officiant. We met Didier in person weeks before the wedding and knew he would be a perfect fit for our wedding service. At that first meeting Didier took the time to get to know us. With his help and expertise we were able to tailor our wedding to our needs. It was an intimate, personalized and amazing wedding experience. Didier is well connected in the San Juan area with all the things that are needed for a great wedding experience. He is responsive, honest, genuine, sincere and knows how to put together a truly memorable wedding service. Thanks to our wedding experience with Didier we consider him to be a good friend as well as a great Wedding Officiant !
    Mike and Lisa Knutson

Sent on 01/28/2020

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Lisa and Mike, thank you for your kind words. I will never forget being up in the lighthouse with you with the sounds of the guitar, overlooking the water, knowing how far you have come to get to this point in your lives. It was truly a magical day, and I am so honored to have had the opportunity to be your wedding officiant. I am truly grateful. Best to you both!

Emily Goetz · Getting married on 04/03/2021

Wedding Change of Plans

What a week my fiancé and I had, we found out that due to the circumstances of the world right now (March 2020), we had to cancel our wedding in Costa Rica only 3 days out! We decided that we would elope and have an intimate ceremony on Orcas Island, our favorite spot in Washington, if we could. We contacted Didier 3 days before we wanted to get married on Orcas to find out if he was available and would be able to accommodate a small/short ceremony in such a short time. From the onset, he heard our story, and worked with his schedule to ensure he was available and really understood our story so that he could create a special ceremony for us. He even met us in person (while remaining 6ft apart :) ) on orcas the day before the wedding for an hour to talk with us about our love for eachother, and what we wanted out of the ceremony. The ceremony was perfect, and Didier managed to create something that was tailored to us after only knowing us for less than a few hours. We absolutely recommend him to anyone looking to get married on Orcas! He is genuine, kind, and makes the entire situation as fun and comfortable as possible. We are so grateful we were able to work with him!

Sent on 03/31/2020

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Hi Emily and Brian! What a beautiful ceremony it was! I wish you well on your new journey together..........Thank you for the kind words. I'm so glad I could help.

Baz Porter · Getting married on 02/09/2021

"I do" choose him

This man went out of his way, above and beyond anybody we know. He rose to the occasion, overcoming obstacles to help us with our wedding. We had last minute wedding plans from Los Angeles. We had no idea who to call and we found him via the web. We called him up and he answered the phone late in the evening. He was gracious and listened to our plans. We had to rush our marriage license to San Juan and he told us not to worry. That he would have someone pick up our license and get it to us to Orcas Island. The day
    it self was surreal and amazing. The ceremony was gracious and attended to all our needs and requests. He was polite, courteous and understanding and gave us complete unconditional love. We cannot recommend him enough. We had a very small wedding with about 12 people. We had compliments afterwards, saying that if they were to marry they would do it exactly the same way. We loved his interpretation of our wedding vows. He honored all aspects of our special day. We could not be more grateful for Didier and his ability to create magic for us. We highly recommend his services. We thank you Didier from the depths of our heart. Baz and Nicola.

Sent on 11/14/2019

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you, Baz! Your words are very kind. I'm so glad it came together so well. It was a magical afternoon! I wish you and Nicola a lifetime of happiness! Didier

Ronnie · Getting married on 12/28/2020

Perfect for our small wedding

Didier’s humor was great! His light hearted, caring, and loving demeanor was perfect for our wedding. You can’t go wrong with him for your wedding!

Sent on 02/01/2020

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

I appreciate your kind words. They mean a lot to me. I will treasure the memory of this very special wedding just after Christmas at Roche Harbor. It was a pleasure to meet and connect with your friends and family. You are both special and kind-hearted people. I loved the family sand ceremony! I am so happy for you and your family! Didier
  • Kristi

Kristi Reynolds · Getting married on 12/09/2020

Highly recommend!

Didier was the officiant for mine and David's wedding last weekend in Friday Harbor. He did a great job from start to finish. He has a very pleasant demeanor, is accommodating, and made our ceremony personal and enjoyable for all! I would highly recommend Didier for your next wedding, elopement, or vow renewal!

Sent on 09/17/2020

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, vow renewals are very romantic! Congratulations and we'll see in a decade for your renewal of vows!
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Lundgren · Married on 10/31/2020

Best. Officiant. Ever.

Highly recommend! We were so lucky to have found Didier for our wedding ceremony! He is very kind and easygoing, very articulate, and very respectful of what we wanted for our wedding. He helped us through every step and made our day extra special with his thoughtful words. Didier asked questions confirming how we wanted things and personalized our ceremony so that it was just right for us. We loved our wedding and it was perfect for us. He was a major hit! Everyone loved him! Thank you so much, Didier!

Sent on 11/15/2020

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks! I loved how easy going and celebratory you both are! What fun that was! I'm so happy for you! I'm very glad this went well. Best to you both!
  • Eugene

Eugene Dan · Married on 10/10/2020

Personable & Professional

We cannot even describe how absolutely pleased we are with this man. He spent unlimited time on the phone with us. We met him in person the day before out elopement. Absolutely worth the cost. Didier wasn't just doing his job and running through the steps. He cared and listened. Absolutely recommend.

Sent on 10/11/2020

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Yes, I do care and wish you the best! Every step of the way was truly a pleasure! I loved your vows and everything about your wedding on that beautiful day on the top of the mountain!

Kathy Henderson · Married on 10/09/2020

Amazing Day!

Didier made our special day easy and relaxed. He took time to make the ceremony special and unique just for us. I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/25/2019

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Your elopement was so beautiful in the garden at the at Outlook Inn! Thank you for your kind review! I have such fond memories of that day. Best to you both!
  • Ann

Ann Harrie · Married on 10/09/2020

Genuine and engaging experience!

Didier was amazing to work with! He took the time to listen to us and get to know us. We could not have asked for a better officiant. It truly felt like we had a friend walking us through the process, and in turn, the ceremony was relaxed and intimate. We were so pleased with how the ceremony (an elopement) turned out. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 09/14/2020

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks, Ann. This review means a lot to me. Even though it is a way to earn a living, it is so much more than that. The bottom line is how much heart and love is involved. I'm so glad that I could help you start your marriage in such a positive way.
  • Ann-Michelle

Ann-Michelle DeArton · Married on 10/02/2020

A perfect wedding!

Didier was recommended to us and we were immediately smitten with his personality and thoughtfulness. We were able to work together and craft a truly lovely ceremony for our tiny wedding on Lopez and could not be happier with Didier’s beautiful words and loving spirit.

Sent on 10/05/2020

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks, Ann-Michelle. That was fun! Thank you for your kind words. Best to you both! What a pleasure it was on that beautiful day at Watmough Bay!
  • Amber

Amber Hoke · Married on 07/18/2020

Absolutely wonderful ceremony!

Didier was fantastic! My fiance (now husband) and I reached out with very short notice, as we were trying to get married on the date of our original wedding (which was postponed due to COVID). Didier was very communicative and responsive. He helped walk us through the whole process, gave wonderful recommendations and guidance, and delivered a personalized ceremony that is one we will remember forever. He even brought a few family members along to act as our witnesses, because we didn't have any. I highly recommend him for anyone looking for an officiant!

Sent on 07/21/2020

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

I will also treasure this beautiful memory! What a day it was! Thank you for your kind words. It was truly an honor.
  • Dawson

Dawson Frank · Married on 07/11/2020

Charismatic Officiant!

I cannot recommend Didier Gincig highly enough. We changed our wedding plans to just two witnesses and a photographer 6 weeks prior to our wedding and our DJ recommended Didier. How lucky were we! He is an amazing thoughtful person whose extreme compassion and calming presence were so helpful throughout the planning and execution of our ceremony. We had to plan our wedding remotely and he helped us through a phone call and emails express our backgrounds and goals. He provided a great ceremony draft to review and adjust, then added some great personal touches prior to the wedding based on our discussions. He is a true wordsmith and insightfully ad libbed a few details based on what we said prior to the wedding. With our wedding being live streamed during COVID19 so our family and friends could share in the occasion really helped our family notice the nice touches, like my bride wearing my grandmothers pearls. Didier is a tremendous person who would add greatly to any wedding. I feel he has the tremendous emotional intelligence to make any ceremony special, whether in person or remote. He was extremely easygoing with our wedding videographer and photographer and perfectly articulate.
    Photo: Irene Jones Photography

Sent on 09/12/2020

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

I appreciate your thoughtful review and wish you both a life of happiness! It was truly a pleasure and an honor! Thank you!
  • Kelly

Kelly Marie Rossnagel · Married on 07/09/2020

AMAZING! Highly Recommend.

Our wedding plans changed last minute due to Covid from a big wedding to an elopement. We reached out to Didier (he was HIGHLY recommended by EVERYONE we talked to) He was quick to respond, and made the process as seamless as possible. We had multiple calls leading up to the wedding, he got to know us and our style and you could tell he put a lot of time into creating our ceremony. Extremely genuine and loves what he does. Highly recommend! He also had some great recommendations for other vendors which was super helpful :)

Sent on 09/09/2020

Brad Smith · Married on 07/08/2020

Exceptional

Didier is an exceptional person that performed an exceptional ceremony.
    He was very accommodating and took the time to get to know us so that he could personalize our vows and the ceremony. We highly recommend Didier!

Sent on 08/07/2020

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you, Brad. It was truly an honor! Your kind words are appreciated very much. I'm so happy Helena and you found each other. I know you will husband the relationship lovingly. Hello to the girls.

Courtney Bowlden · Married on 10/10/2019

Professional and invested!

I've worked a lot with Didier and he's not only super professional, but his service is very meaningful and carefully thought out and delivered. He really gets to know his clients and your can tell. His officiating is very personal and professional. I highly recommend hiring him!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Courtney, thank you for your kind recommendation. I feel the same about your services. Anyone looking for a photographer, do feel comfortable reaching out to Courtney Bowlden!

Noel · Married on 10/10/2019

A wonderful momemt

Didier was who were were hoping for. Not only does he have the heart behind the true meaning of what a wedding should be he truly cares and is passionate about his work. Thank you Didier for spreading the love through your work. It is a work of art.

Sent on 10/17/2019

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

When I think of your beautiful wedding in the little chapel at Roche Harbor, I remember your glowing smile throughout the ceremony. Tanner is truly a gentle man, a kind soul. Your son will be so lucky to have parents such as the two of you! Yes, your wedding ceremony was a work of art on many levels. I am so thankful to have been a part of such a an amazing day! Thank you for your kind words.
  • Gabe

Gabe Wells · Married on 10/08/2019

Wonderful Wedding Officiant

What an absolute joy it was to work with Didier. He went above and beyond to work with my wife and I to develop a ceremony we loved. He was thoughtful and insightful, helping my wife and I to draw out what we truly wanted the ceremony to represent and helped us focus what we had in mind through his extensive experience. We heard dozens of compliments from our guests as to how beautiful the ceremony was. He created an atmosphere of reverence and beauty, with just the perfect blend of humor. Didier contributed greatly to making our wedding something special that we will remember fondly forever. We immensely enjoyed working with him and cannot recommend him enough.

Sent on 10/24/2019

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you for your kind review. It was truly an honor to officiate your beautiful wedding at Westcott Bay on San Juan Island. I enjoyed meeting your family and friends! Best to you both! Keep in touch!

Carla P. · Married on 09/14/2019

Didier is awesome!

If you are planning to get married on Orcas island, Didier is your man! Throughout our planning process he was so positive and supportive, and really allowed us to feel calm and not stressed out on our big day.
    We highly recommend Didier if you are looking for a day-of coordinator :)

Sent on 11/09/2019

Didier Gincig, Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you, Carla. It was a great success! I'm so happy for the two of you! It was truly an honor to help "orcastrate" your wedding day!

Didier

Ryan Blankenship · Married on 06/08/2019

The Perfect Officiant For Us

Didier officiated our wedding at Roche Harbor on June 8th, 2019. He is a very kind, genuine and easy going person and was the perfect officiant for our wedding. We had him come to our rehearsal the day before the wedding and even though I offered to put him in a hotel because the ferries were no longer running to Orcas for the day he hitched a ride with someone back to save me the money on a room. He was right back at Roche the next day with the same smile on his face, he truly enjoys what he does. From beginning to end he always put our wishes first, in fact we probably sent ceremony speech revisions back and forth about 10 times and it never phased him at all, he was happy to do it. Throughout the whole process he was probably the most responsive vendor we had, never going more than a few hours at most to respond to emails and phone calls. From the moment we spoke to him on the phone we knew he was our guy. Now that the wedding is over we consider him to be more of a friend than a vendor.

Sent on 06/21/2019
  • Kara

Kara Fichthorn · Married on 05/04/2019

Professional and spot-on Wedding Officiant

Having Didier Gincig officiate our wedding was a great decision! He came recommended by our venue (The Friday Harbor House on San Juan Island) and they were right. Didier does an excellent job! He was responsive and took the time to get to know us. He walked us through every detail of our ceremony in advance. The day of he arrived early so we could connect, and in the end it felt like a cherished friend was officiating, not someone we met only months prior. We both loved his wisdom and insights about marriage, and the personal touches he added to the ceremony about our love story and lives. We could not have been happier! And, I should also add, he recommended our photographer who we also really enjoyed working with. Our day really came together, and was everything we had hoped for. We are thankful to Didier for his help in making our day special!

Sent on 05/07/2019