Designs By Lorise

Catskill, NY View map

Hello, my name is Lorise and I do real Calligraphy and Design using dip nib in ink, with watercolors and/or other art mediums, ALL done by hand. I 've been creating art and design for several decades, including artwork for the Govt. and private and public clients, all the way from realistic portraiture to landscapes and stylized designs.
This allows me the freedom to create anything that your heart desires.
To make your vision come to life!

I prefer working closely with each client so that we can display your unique vision.
I specialize in bespoke stationery.
Consultations include the details of your event, to coordinate with your wording and design elements.

Luxury, custom items available:

• Logos
  • Crests
  • Family Trees
  • Wax Seals

I 've been designing over 25 years and my work has been exhibited at international shows, reviewed in national trade magazines, & has graced the covers of both books & catalogs.
I also have a background in life size portraiture which presently hang in private, public and governmental buildings. I work in various media and design, which is why I like to make each event as unique as the person who is having it.

Please visit our online store, to see current pricing and ordering info.

Thank you!

What invitation and card products do you offer?

Custom Invitations
Menus
Place Cards
Programs
RSVP Cards
Save the Dates

What services do you provide?

Addressing
Thermography

1 User photo

• Amy
    Amy R. Married on 05/02/2022

Exquisite art with our wedding vows

Working with Lorise was truly one of the best parts of our wedding experience. She was truly responsive and involved us in the development of our art without requiring us to manage process or be creative. Our calligraphy wedding vows with Lorise's artwork including bluebird, dogwoods, irises, and mushrooms will be a family treasure. It is exquisite!

Designs By Lorise's reply:

Thank you so much Amy, for the glowing review! You made it both easy and enjoyable to work on your project. I'm truly honored to have been involved in even such a small part of your new lives together. Wishing you both, nothing but the best!
  • Laura
    Laura S. Married on 12/31/2018

Wonderful!

I used Lorise not for a wedding but for a family timeline/calligraphy for a replacement family bible that was lost in my parents house fire. I was wasn't sure exactly what I wanted and I was living overseas so had to do it all " blindly" . Lorise was not only wonderfully professional but also easy to work with and compassionate for this heartfelt project. She handled the receiving of the bible that I ordered online and once she saw how it was laid out made suggestions and handled the project quickly and beautifully.
    Lorise always stayed in contact with me via email and even with the 8 hour time difference she was quick to respond to any questions I had. She also went above and beyond in packaging everything up beautifully and shipped it off to my parents for Christmas. In seeing her work on Instagram I even ordered a print of her artwork for my Mom -- a beautiful goldfinch watercolor.

I highly recommend Lorise not only because of her beautiful work and professionalism... but she's also just darn nice and that is not always easy to find.
  • Helen
    Helen Married on 10/10/2018

Excellent calligrapher with great service!

Lorise was amazing! She was very responsive to my emails right from the start. She let us know every step, where she was, so we could relax with this part of the event (this was my daughter Jill's wedding and was one of my gifts to her). When the package arrived it was even more beautiful in person than we imagined. The only thing is that she had to squeeze us in, which is something we hadn't considered before contacting her a bit late. Even so, she was a real pro and didn't complain, even with some of the changes and updates that had come in last minute. I would recommend her and use her again. Beautiful calligraphy and service! Thanks Lorise!

Deals

Designs By Lorise 1
Gift

FREE (1) Calligraphed "Cards and Gifts" Table Sign 8" x 10"
(frame not included)
with any Calligraphy/Design Service over $1500.00

Your choice of ink color to compliment your theme!

Valid until June 30, 2019 midnight EDST

Mention Code: WEDDINGWIRECARDSGIFTSDEAL

Catskill, NY, 12414
Location of (Designs By Lorise)

Other vendors in Albany for your wedding