607 South Hill St. Arcade 8, Los Angeles, CA 90014 Map · Phone number

• Limpid Jewelry Inc.
  • ILANIS

8 Reviews for David Klass Jewelry

Jen L. · Getting married on 12/03/2022

found my new jeweler for life!

David and Amy are wonderful, so helpful and easy to work with. They got back to me quickly with designs and revisions, and went out of their way to fix something that wasn't even their fault. Very reasonable prices and great quality and craftsmanship. Glad to have found a great local jeweler - I'll definitely be returning.

Sent on 01/06/2021
  • Stephen

Stephen E. · Getting married on 03/27/2021

Fantastic Work!

TL;DR: David helped me with both my fiancé’s engagement ring and wedding band and both were beyond my expectations; my fiancé is over the moon.

Last fall I decided that it was time to take the next step with my now-fiancé (meaning I was pretty sure she’d say yes!) so the ring shopping began. My fiancé didn’t give a ton of direction on the design of ring she was interested in, and I knew that the big-box stores were not going to deliver the quality, uniqueness, or value I’d prefer; so I decided to go with a custom design, meaning I would purchase the center stone and then hire a designer to make the actual band.

A quick Google search will give you the advantages of building a custom ring versus picking up something from a jewelry chain or department store, but a disadvantage to doing so is you can’t see the work IRL beforehand. The Internet took me to Pricescope- an online community of folks that are REALLY serious about their custom jewelry- and that’s where I came across David’s name. There were many testimonials to the quality of his work and on the various posts, some posts going back years; further, David keeps an updated Instagram page (https://www.instagram.com/davidklassjewelry) where you can see the finished product. The 5-star reviews from his past customers and the posted work on his Insta page convinced me to take the chance on David.

After settling on my center stone (shout out to Jonathan at https://www.distinctivegem.com) and getting a ring design in mind, I emailed David with the details to get an idea of pricing. He could not have been better, getting back to me within 24 hours with a list of the exact info that he needed to give me a quote. From there I provided him the specs of the center stone, my ring’s design details, and inspiration pictures of similar rings; within the week he got back to me with (quite competitive) pricing and a timeline. With the design and price agreed upon, David was able to make a computer design of the ring and even mailed me a life-sized, 3D printed design sample so I could see it in person. He quickly answered any questions that I had and even gave some useful suggestions. The whole design process was taken care of via email over the course of a week or so; it was no sweat. David even showed flexibility when unforeseen circumstances caused a delay in my center stone. When the center stone was ready, I had it mailed directly to David, he confirmed receipt and got to work. He’d estimated the engagement band would take 5 weeks, but completed the ring sooner than that. Upon completion I received professional photos of the ring and gave the final approval. He then overnighted the ring to my home address where I could inspect it in person before submitting payment; he even included an appraisal which was useful for insuring the ring.

The final product was a homerun, and 5 months later I still catch my fiancé staring at the ring with a smile on her face. We used David again for the wedding band, and I’ll be going to him for any jewelry designs we need in the future. I cannot recommend him and his work highly enough!

Sent on 08/30/2020

Sarah · Married on 06/16/2018

I had a nightmare experience with another "jeweler" (zhedora) and so I was very nervous going in. But I had a design in my head that I just could not let go of. I wanted a design in between the prongs from family rings and a low sitting halo solitaire mix that I couldn't seem to find anywhere. David made me feel so at ease with his professionalism. He got back to me within about 24 hours and had a CAD made within a day each time something was tweaked. Within 6 days we had what appeared to be perfect. He sent me a 3-d plastic model of the ring and it was almost perfect and set my fears from the last place completely to rest. Holding it in my hand and being able to see the proportions and how everything fit together was the consolation I needed. We did a tiny tweak and I'm thrilled with the finished product. I look at his instagram daily and have only seen excellent craftsmanship. To me none of it rivals the perfection of the ring he sent me. He was well within his proposed timeline and really worked to get it to us early as we were in a time crunch. Despite getting it done early the craftsmanship is exquisite. The diamonds are so well set that i can run it over fabric, pet my cats whatever and it doesn't catch on anything. It's so smooth I can wear it under gloves! I'm so over the moon with this ring I could not be any happier. He will certainly have a customer for life in me.

Sent on 05/11/2018

• 607 South Hill St. Arcade 8 Los Angeles, 90014 See on map
    Location of (David Klass Jewelry)