DAT BAND

852 St. Charles Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 17
  • Events 1

About DAT BAND

DAT BAND is an energetic music group from New Orleans that focuses on providing couples with a stress-free booking process and energetic performances during their event. This band prides itself on creating an experience that is unique from typical wedding bands through their spirit and interaction with you and your guests. Start off the night with a couple’s dance-off, hosted by DAT BAND’s lead singer, and other fun activities like conga lines and karaoke. Able to play songs from 50s to today’s hits, these 2018 Couples’ Choice Award winners will have the dance floor packed all night!

DAT BAND provides traditional New Orleans second line service upon request. Choose the perfect set list from over 20 different genres available to you when you book with this band. Their services offered include:

• Bilingual MC

DAT BAND 2
DAT BAND 3

Amanda Clark · Married on 11/30/2018

Amazing music

My husband and I first heard Dat Band at my friends wedding and immediately feel in love with them. We hired them for our wedding and they played exactly the kind of music that we were looking for. They are interactive and get the crowd involved which is what we wanted. Even taking song request, Chad made sure I was okay with anything before it was played. Not only that, there was a small situation with our venue the week of the wedding that thank God Chad made me aware of which helped save a lot of headaches. I would hire them over and over again.

Sent on 12/01/2018

DAT BAND's reply:

Thank you so much Amanda!! We're so happy to have played a part in a day you'll remember forever! Many many congrats to you and Gabe... Enjoy your honeymoon!!!
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 11/01/2018

A Home Run!

Two weeks later after Dat Band performed at our wedding on 11/3/18, my guests are still telling me how great the band was and how much they enjoyed the dancing. Choosing Dat Band was one of the best decisions I made in the wedding planning process. There were a few things that really stood out as "above and beyond" in our experience: (1) They kept the crowd dancing for our entire reception!!! They didn't just perform on stage but actually went out into the crowd and interacted with the guests! I was also pleasantly surprised that they encouraged a dance-off with my husband--all night long people were complimenting us on our spontaneous dance moves :). (2) Chad was always the first one to reach out to let us know of upcoming decisions we needed to make around our song choices, secondline path, and reception timeline. Other brides who have gone through this process I'm sure agree with me that there is a LOT of initiation required when it comes to communication with multiple wedding vendors, so I truly appreciated Chad's proactive approach and felt like we were always good to go with the logistics around the band. (3) If you plan on doing a secondline then it is definitely worth it to get their all inclusive planning package. Chad carved out several hours of his time to work with the city to get our route finalized and on the day-of the wedding served as the primary point of contact with the police to ensure that the parade started on time. To sum it up, they made the process super easy and delivered on every aspect - it was a home run. #welovedtheband #DAT BAND FUNK YOU UP

Sent on 11/20/2018

DAT BAND's reply:

Working with you and Kyle was a dream Ashley! You guys made it easy for us to get that home run, thanks for being an awesome couple, and thanks from the bottom of our hearts for sharing your thoughts. We promise to keep funking it up... Congrats again!!!

DAT BAND FAQ

• What is the average price for a wedding reception during peak season? $ 4,000 - $ 7,000
  • What is the average price for a wedding reception during off-peak season? $ 3,000 - $ 6,000
  • Which of the following are included in the price? Ceremony Music, Learning New Songs, Lighting, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sample Performances, Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your popular wedding package? $ 4,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the package? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learning New Songs, Lighting, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sample Performances, Sound/PA System
  • Are you an agency or a band? Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 1 - 3, 4 - 6, 7+
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play? Acapella, Acoustic, Big Band, Blues, Classic Rock, Country, Dance, Funk, Hip Hop, International, Jazz, Latin, Motown, Oldies, Pop, R&B / Soul, Reggae, Rock, Swing, Top 40
  • What music services do you provide? Bilingual MC, Instrumentals, Ceremony Music, Karaoke Services, Cocktail Hour Music, Learning New Songs, MC, Reception Music, Music During Breaks, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Sample Performances, Vocals, Willing to Travel
  • What items are available? Fog Machine, Gobo Projector, Lighting, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System

1 Event