DAT BAND Reviews

DAT BAND 3
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 01/26/2019

So much fun!

I can't even put into words how amazing these guys are! It's been over a month since my wedding and people are still raving about how good the band was and how much fun they had. I always knew I wanted a band over a DJ just because I feel like a band is so much more fun and interactive and that's definitely the vibe I was going for. After reading all of the reviews and doing plenty of research, I decided on DAT BAND and I could not be more pleased. Armando was so easy to work with and answered all of our questions with ease. It makes me want to have another reception just so I can hire them again!!

Sent on 03/07/2019

DAT BAND's reply:

Erin congrats to you and Sam - we appreciate you having us to help you celebrate and we're so glad we could help you to make memories to last a lifetime!! #MusicForMakingMemories

Tyler Mcdonald · Married on 12/15/2018

Top Notch Wedding Band

Have you booked Dat Band for your wedding yet? Stop thinking about it and do it. Dat Band played our wedding last month and it was nothing short of spectacularly amazing. In talking with multiple friends and family members since the wedding, I can't tell you how often I've heard how great the band was and how awesome the wedding was because of the energy that they brought to the stage. My wife swears that her father has never danced before in his life, but he was out there tearing it up on the dance floor with the 20- and 30-somethings, children, and grandparents alike. Dat Band had everyone out there having a great time.

I obviously don't plan on having another wedding in the future, but if I ever host another type of event that needs a band, Dat Band is the first I'd call!

Sent on 01/24/2019

DAT BAND's reply:

Thanks for taking the time to share your great experience Tyler. We appreciate you guys picking Dat Band and so glad we could get Jazz's dad on the dance floor! Congrats to you both and thanks again!

Amanda Clark · Married on 11/30/2018

Amazing music

My husband and I first heard Dat Band at my friends wedding and immediately feel in love with them. We hired them for our wedding and they played exactly the kind of music that we were looking for. They are interactive and get the crowd involved which is what we wanted. Even taking song request, Chad made sure I was okay with anything before it was played. Not only that, there was a small situation with our venue the week of the wedding that thank God Chad made me aware of which helped save a lot of headaches. I would hire them over and over again.

Sent on 12/01/2018

DAT BAND's reply:

Thank you so much Amanda!! We're so happy to have played a part in a day you'll remember forever! Many many congrats to you and Gabe... Enjoy your honeymoon!!!
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 11/01/2018

A Home Run!

Two weeks later after Dat Band performed at our wedding on 11/3/18, my guests are still telling me how great the band was and how much they enjoyed the dancing. Choosing Dat Band was one of the best decisions I made in the wedding planning process. There were a few things that really stood out as "above and beyond" in our experience: (1) They kept the crowd dancing for our entire reception!!! They didn't just perform on stage but actually went out into the crowd and interacted with the guests! I was also pleasantly surprised that they encouraged a dance-off with my husband--all night long people were complimenting us on our spontaneous dance moves :). (2) Chad was always the first one to reach out to let us know of upcoming decisions we needed to make around our song choices, secondline path, and reception timeline. Other brides who have gone through this process I'm sure agree with me that there is a LOT of initiation required when it comes to communication with multiple wedding vendors, so I truly appreciated Chad's proactive approach and felt like we were always good to go with the logistics around the band. (3) If you plan on doing a secondline then it is definitely worth it to get their all inclusive planning package. Chad carved out several hours of his time to work with the city to get our route finalized and on the day-of the wedding served as the primary point of contact with the police to ensure that the parade started on time. To sum it up, they made the process super easy and delivered on every aspect - it was a home run. #welovedtheband #DAT BAND FUNK YOU UP

Sent on 11/20/2018

DAT BAND's reply:

Working with you and Kyle was a dream Ashley! You guys made it easy for us to get that home run, thanks for being an awesome couple, and thanks from the bottom of our hearts for sharing your thoughts. We promise to keep funking it up... Congrats again!!!

Andrew · Married on 05/26/2018

Dat Band was awesome! They really went above and beyond throughout the entire process of planning for our wedding. Before the wedding Chad was on top of everything and made dealing with the band an effortless and seamless process. During the event Dat Band kept everyone entertained and the dance floor full. Dat Band was interactive but not overly so. Multiple people during and after the event commented on how great they were. From my personal experience at weddings, they were one of the best bands that I have heard. Some of the videos online don’t accurately capture how great Dat Band is. I think Dat Band was a great value for the services they provided. I would highly recommend them for your wedding/event, they really are a fantastic choice!

Sent on 06/05/2018

DAT BAND's reply:

Thanks so much and congrats again to you and Marcella!! You guys were an absolute pleasure and we all wish you the very best!

James · Married on 05/19/2018

Dis, Dat and De other. Dis is for five stars and Dat is for 'Let The Good Times Roll!' De other is for going beyond expectations. I am sure they are not just a wedding band, but for my daughters wedding, they made it happen. The bride and groom found the Dat Band after looking over available bands in the area on line. After speaking with Chad they felt they were the right fit for their wedding. I never questioned their decision. I had a very specific request for the father and daughter dance. I worked with Chad and he came up with an arrangement that was perfect. Everyone loved dem! You can't go wrong with Dat band. I grew up in the area, so I know that music is essential to the party! Small disclaimer - I have worked in the entertainment business for forty years, from clubs to major tours, for award shows and television, so, I know what it is be professional. Giving Five Stars for the Dat Band was easy. Cheers to Chad and 'crewe'!

Sent on 09/16/2018
    DAT BAND 4

DAT BAND's reply:

Cheers Jim, it was our absolute pleasure jamming with you! Keep on rocking!!

Amanda · Married on 12/09/2017

Dat Band gave us an amazing experience from the very get go! We had multiple calls and communications to make sure we were getting exactly what we wanted for our wedding day entertainment. Dat Band is the absolute full package! They did our ceremony music as well as our reception music and did an amazing job! Armando and the band had the entire room on the dance floor, they even got our parents and grandparents to dance! We had so many guests come up to us and compliment them and tell us how much fun they were having! Dat Band is the absolute best band out there!

Bryan · Married on 11/04/2017

DAT Band Funk You Up!! Chad and his crew were AMAZING. They were professional, accommodating, and sounded awesome. We were married at the Royal Sonesta, and were blown away by how much Dat Band did. They played our Second line with the skill of a full Marching Band, and transitioned flawlessly to a 5 star Cover band once the reception started. They even had a few surprises tucked in throughout the reception ( I won't ruin it but hint: get ready to shake it for your guests!) Everyone was talking about how great they were the entire night. When my Wife and I went around to our guests tables to thank them, they were empty because everyone was on the dance floor. On top of it all they were very reasonably priced.

Thank you Dat Band!

Sent on 11/08/2017

DAT BAND's reply:

Congrats again to you and Linds!! We had so much fun with you - you guys came ready to party! - Chad

Kammy · Married on 10/27/2017

Dat Band was nothing less of amazing and perfect! They were very accommodating and worked with my schedule to meet up to discuss everything! They even went as far as to make my dreams come true for a brass jazz band that played while our guest entered the reception! They were very entertaining and interacted with the guest. My guest have ranted and raved about how awesome Dat Band was! I would without a doubt book them for another event and recommend them to anyone who needs entertainment at their event!!

Sent on 12/07/2017

DAT BAND's reply:

Thanks Kammy!! It means so much that you chose us to help you celebrate, and we're grateful for you! Congrats to you and Chad!!

Heather · Married on 10/21/2017

Dat Band is far and away the best wedding band around! They really are a full service band, coming complete with all necessary audio equipment, including PA system accommodations for an officiant and even their own sound technician. Whatever the ambiance you’re trying to set, they can pull off everything from a minimalist acoustic duo, a jazzy trio for cocktail hour, a traditional second line brass band, all the way up to a full-scale rock your socks off reception band who really know how to keep the party going with on-point emcee services! Anything you could want in a band they can deliver. Their musical repertoire is so versatile you’ll be hard pressed to come up with something they can’t cover; and if it so happens they don’t know it they’re willing to learn it.

Chad worked closely with us every step of the way, offering helpful suggestions and advice where requested on suitable music selections and styles for different parts of our wedding, allowing us to set the mood for the day’s events with ease. Dat Band didn’t just show up and play our event, they provided a fully interactive entertainment experience for us and our guests to ensure everyone was having a good time. The fact that so many people were coming up to us during the reception complimenting the entertainment and asking where we found these guys is surely a testament to their abilities. Nothing compares to a live band at an event, but not just any band should suffice. Dat Band proved to us on multiple fronts their willingness to go above and beyond to make our day special and most certainly memorable! I almost want to get married all over again just to have more time on the dance floor!

Sent on 10/31/2017

DAT BAND's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words Heather, we had so much fun with you and Edd! Many congrats again!!

Shay · Married on 10/14/2017

Dat Band was great. They were completely accommodating and even took the lead when we were hesitate to make a decision. They were wonderful at reading the crowd and getting everyone involved in the night. They also never quit bringing their full effort. Variety of songs was outstanding, and they were willing and open to requests from the crowd.

I couldn't recommend them more highly.

• Taryn

Taryn · Married on 08/29/2017

Dat Band made our wedding!! Everything was perfect. I can't tell you how many people came up to us and asked how we found them since they were the best band they have ever heard at a wedding. We had fantastic communication prior to the wedding and I felt the band knew exactly how to cater to the crowd. This is not your typical wedding cover band. They play a variety of music and really engaged the entire party. Not only was our reception one for the books, but the second line band was also AMAZING! Dat Band does not disappoint! Do yourself a favor and stop searching and book Dat Band for your special day or event!

DAT BAND 5

Aneel · Married on 07/22/2017

We had our wedding and reception in New Orleans and decided on Dat Band after researching most of the bands in the area. Their price was one of the most reasonable that we found and everything that we read and heard about them was exactly what we were looking for. Leading up to the day of the wedding, they were extremely accommodating and they made sure that they had all of their bases covered, not leaving us to worry about a thing. Then, at the reception, they were absolutely amazing as they played a wide variety of genres and really got ALL of our guests involved and on their feet and dancing. We especially loved Dat Band’s ability to cover 80’s rock and their capacity to cover all of the songs that were requested. Book Dat Band for your wedding and you will not be disappointed! These guys rock!!!

Sent on 08/10/2017

DAT BAND's reply:

Thanks for your kind words Aneel and congrats again to you and Kristi!!

Mark · Married on 05/13/2017

Review of Dat Band

Dat Band played for our daughter Alexandra and son-in-law Scott’s wedding in May at the Ace Hotel. We looked very hard for just the right band for our daughter’s wedding. Our older daughter got married just 19 months earlier in Nashville, and the band for her wedding had a bunch of Nashville studio musicians that turned out to be the best we had ever experienced at a wedding. So our expectations were very high. We said going into this that we just hoped for the band we selected to come close to the band at our older daughter's wedding. Well, we were surprised that not only did Dat Band exceed our expectations, but they were a key piece of this being the best wedding we have ever attended – and it was our daughter's!

We had people at the wedding from not only all over the country, but some from as far away as Brazil. They told us it was the best wedding, and the best party they had ever been to. When Chad told us to leave it in their hands, we were skeptical. We made some suggestions from they're play list, but frankly, the things we loved the most was when they just took over and did their thing. We made ad hoc requests during the evening that they just hit out of the park. And the lead singer joined us on the dance floor at times, making everyone feel they were a part of what the band was doing. After the initial bride-groom, bride-father, groom-mother dances, they started the evening off with a “dance off” between bride and groom. It was so cool. That set the stage for an an entire evening of dancing. There wasn't a song all night where the dance floor wasn't packed.

We can't say enough about what a special night they helped make for our daughter, son-in-law, and the other 230 family and close friends! We highly recommend Dat Band! We could not have made a better choice.

Mark & Lisa Boudreaux
    May, 2017

Katie · Married on 03/04/2017

The best band EVER!!! My now husband and I did an extensive amount of research on bands prior to our wedding and after much deliberation decided to go with Dat Band since they could provide for all of our musical needs in one place. We booked a pianist for our ceremony, a jazz trio for the cocktail hour and a 9 piece band with male and female vocals with an MC for the reception. This was definitely the way to go. I was extremely happy with the planning meeting we had with Chad prior to our event and thoroughly believe the only reason anything was kept on schedule was due to the band. I was very anxious about the timing of everything for our event and he put my fears to rest and assured me everything would go off without a hitch. We were running behind the day of and had a quick touch base with Chad who made sure everything we discussed happened at the reception. I had such a good time and the only thing my guests keep talking about was how awesome the band was at the reception. It was a pleasure to work with them and I would highly recommend them to anyone considering them for any event. They were literally the best and most memorable part of my wedding (besides actually marrying my best friend)!

Sent on 04/25/2017

DAT BAND's reply:

Katie and Todd, you guys are one in a million!!! We loved working with you and we look forward to playing the 10 year anniversary party! Many congrats and thanks again!!

Darby · Married on 12/29/2016

We loved Dat Bat!! My husband and I are from San Diego and we planned a destination wedding in New Orleans December 29, 2016. Dat Band was the first band we called to interview. Chad, the lead singer/manager, was a pleasure to work with and convinced us to book his band and we were not disappointed!! They put on a great show and kept the energy going all night long. They played a huge variety of music that all generations at our wedding could get into and even played an hour of light cocktail jazz for us at the beginning. Everyone commented on how much fun they had the whole night. Thanks for making our wedding amazing Dat Band!!!!

Sent on 01/09/2017

DAT BAND's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words Darby! We wish you and Tony the absolute best and had a blast partying with you!!

Carita · Married on 11/12/2016

Finding a great band was super important to us. We wanted a band that knew how to get the party started and to keep it going. I started doing research early so I could have my choice of band. Dat Band not only had great reviews, but I liked the samples they posted online and the fact that I knew exactly what vocalists and band members would play my wedding. Chad made everything super easy. He was great communicating with, especially since I was planning my NOLA wedding from Texas. From start to finish he made sure our reception was a hit! All of my guests were so impressed with Dat Band and wish the party would have gone on and on! I have zero regrets about booking this band. They are professional, need little to no direction and of most importantly, sounded amazing! If you need a NOLA band, you just found them.

Sent on 12/06/2016

DAT BAND's reply:

Thanks Carita and congrats again to you and Scott! You guys were an absolute pleasure to work with and your family was a blast!!

Bill · Married on 06/18/2016

We can’t even begin to thank DATBAND. They were absolutely amazing!!! They had everybody up dancing as soon as they started playing and had people dancing ALL NIGHT LONG!! They actually had to ask people to sit down to eat dinner so they themselves could have a dinner break!! Hahaha! We were in contact with Armando throughout the planning process. He was awesome to work with. We actually made a playlist for our bridal party to enter to and he was easy to work with! They were key to making our wedding awesome! We would absolutely recommend them to anyone who wants everyone up dancing all night ling!!

caleb · Married on 02/26/2016

Wow!! Thank you, thank you to DatBand for putting on an amazing performance at my wedding. Everyone, and we mean EVERYONE is still talking about the band. We wanted a band that was personable and kept everyone on their feet dancing the whole night...and they were simply perfect. Would try and create an event just to have them play again! We had family members who don't dance hanging out on the dance floor most of the night too! Very professional, easy to work with and they even made a few suggestions that worked out great! Thank you again!!

Lisa · Married on 10/18/2014

If you are looking for a fun band that will get everyone at your reception on the dance floor you need to hire DAT BAND! They are first class, professional and easy to work with. They accommodated my special requests and played all of our favorites from the 70s - current hits. The horn section was amazing! Everyone at my reception (and after) were talking about how great the band was. DAT BAND is all dat!

Britney · Married on 09/01/2018

We had never heard Dat Band before they played at our wedding except on YouTube. Boy, do they not disappoint! All of our guests commented on how amazing the band was, not only with their array of songs, but Armando's ability to get everyone on the dance floor, which was packed all night! Such a fun band and I highly recommend!

Jeanette · Married on 12/15/2017

Dat Band was the best choice for our wedding, hands down! One month later, our guests are still talking about how fun and interactive our band was, and how it really took the wedding to another level. We initially chose Dat Band because they were affordable, and seemed to give us the most bang for our buck. Throughout the process they were organized, accommodating, professional, and in the end, exceeded our expectations! They followed the structure of the ceremony and reception seamlessly, while still getting the crowd involved and keeping the entertainment level high. I will definitely sing their praises to anyone who will listen! Thanks again guys!

DAT BAND 6