Bellevue, Bellevue, WA 98006 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 51
  • Real Weddings 1

About Waypoint Ceremonies

What do you hear when you envision your wedding ceremony?

Engaging in this multi-sensory imaginal work is a great place to start as you begin counting the unique ways you might wish to say I Do aloud to your beloved other. In wedding day terms, there’s nothing more exhilarating or empowering than the lived experience of witnessing every story element, ritual and gesture magically unfold beyond your highest expectations. Such a result transfigures your special day into something infinitely more extraordinary.

I’m in the business of crafting extraordinary moments that live lively and linger a long ever after the big day itself. I would be delighted to co-create your own unforgettable ceremony – be it your engagement, wedding, recommitment or elopement.

Customizing a breakfast cereal unity ritual at the altar to honor the many thousand, “Good Morning, Sweetie’s” ahead, or jumping a colorful kitchen broom in solidarity of the mandatory fun your shared householder chores promise you, are but two of countless weird and wacky ritual examples of how you can infuse fun and meaning into your ceremony.

As a certified Life-Cycle Celebrant® and non-denominational officiant, I am all about helping you show and tell your day in Yours Truly fashion. I am based in the Seattle/Puget Sound area and yes, I will most happily travel to your mountain trail, desert oasis or ocean beach wedding locale throughout Western Washington and beyond.

Born from decades of event planning, copywriting and marketing consulting experience, my approach is highly collaborative and discerning. It begins and ends with you. You share your story, your wildest wedding day wishes, and your willingness to own your day; and you also lend your final editing touches and approval.

In turn, I’ll bring my wide-open ears and heart, intuitive sensibilities, lyrical wordsmithing, uncommonly creative mind, and veritable toolkit of wedding whisperer resources and experience. Together, we’ll co-craft a heartfelt, authentic and one-of-kind ceremony that celebrates and honors your individual journeys, how you have refined and redefined love, and what you most value as a couple.

Take the time to check out my website and if it looks like we might be a fit, let’s get together to chat date and details. I lean in listening with a long ear and a silly smile to each and every love story I meet!

Follow Waypoint Ceremonies on

21 Reviews for Waypoint Ceremonies

1 User photo

• Anna

Anna Forrester · Married on 09/28/2019

We had a beautiful ceremony created with Waypoint Ceremonies!

We're so glad we chose Danna to officiate our wedding. We loved our ceremony and couldn't have created without Danna. She guides you through every step of the way and is bursting with creative ideas. You'll no doubt be able to create a one of kind ceremony with Waypoint Ceremonies.

Sent on 11/24/2019

Waypoint Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Anna & Sam. I love the wedding experience you two created for your people - so intentional, memorable, and so very much a reflection of your values. It was my honor and delight to work with you both!

Janetta Fruehling · Married on 07/08/2019

Danna Saved The Day

Danna saved the day for our wedding ceremony. Just days before our wedding our officiant informed us that she had a medical issue and could not perform the ceremony. She referred us to Danna, which was a blessing. Not only did Danna arrange her schedule to accommodate us, but she took the ceremony to the next level, providing organization, themes, and extra rituals that made the day truly memorable

Sent on 05/30/2019

Waypoint Ceremonies's reply:

Thanks, Janetta....you two sure got hitched just right! I still want to try my hand at crafting a pineapple-themed cake, inspired by your lovely wedding cake.
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 06/23/2019

Just say yes! Again!

My husband and I got married last June of 2019. We originally started the process of hiring another wedding officiant when we found Danna.

She was everything I was dreaming of for a wedding officiant. She was so warm and special. She treated us like we were the only wedding she has ever done. Her ideas are so original and unique it really made our wedding special and “ours.” She delivered and went above and beyond for us with everything she offered. This involved hours of phone calls, FaceTime, the actual writing of our ceremony ( including many details and ritual details that made it special to us) it was important to me that we had a ceremony that our guests were involved in and felt special being a part of. That truly was my goal with this whole ceremony. I wanted it about us obviously but our guests were just as important. She totally understood this and even complimented me on desiring this outcome. I didn’t want them to feel like they were just people sitting in the crowd staring blankly then zoning out after 20 minutes.

Nope, not with Danna.

She kept them involved and alert the whole time. The guests were a part of the process which I felt was so important. She has books filled with ways to achieve this and more.

She was truly amazing and I can’t say how important she was for our wedding ceremony.

She was also like a wedding mother to me in the way she spoke of what to expect and she practiced with us until we felt comfortable, we talked about emotions that might come up and how to manage them in the moment, she took care of things with the venue that needed attention, she worked closely with the venue coordinator and our DJ. She did everything and more. She even spent an hour or two with me on the phone the day after checking in with me ( I happened to be having some feels).

We got way more then we ever could have expected with her supporting us that day. And that’s exactly what she did. She was the rock that supported our entire experience and she was flawless.

She even sent me a text message on our anniversary a year later.

Just say yes to Danna! Seriously, go on...

Are you going?

How about now......

Sent on 06/23/2020

Waypoint Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review, Heather! You two were a delight to work with and you created a truly special day that will live on in the memories and hearts of your friends and family. Here's to a zillion more years of love and laughter.

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Waypoint Ceremonies FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the price?
    Premarital Counseling
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services?
    $ 395.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?
    $ 150.00
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?
    $ 150.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
    Single Religion
  • What services do you provide?
    Allow Couples' Own Vows
    Premarital Counseling
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    Agnostic
    Shinto
    Sikhism
    Taoist
    Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
    30-60 mins.
    60+ mins.
  • In which states are you licensed?
    AK
    NM
    OR
    UT
    WA
  • What languages do you speak?
    English

Real Weddings

• SunRidge Media Wedding Videographers

I had the pleasure of working with Danna at a wedding this past weekend and was extremely impressed with both her style and presentation. She made everything flow very smoothly during the ceremony even with the Bride having lost her voice and Mom having to read the Bride's vows! Danna was very professional, very caring and created a wonderful atmosphere for everyone involved. I especially appreciated her desire to have good audio capture for the couple through my video system and the way she worked with all the other vendors at the ceremony. I would not hesitate to recommend Danna to any couple looking for an Officiant for their wedding! John Fox SunRidge Media, Inc. Wedding Videos

• Luma & Lavender Wedding Planners

Danna did a Beautiful ceremony for a Bride and Groom that I worked with. She was very organized and I could tell the ceremony was well planned and she had taken a lot of time to really get to know the couple and their love story. I would recommend Danna to anyone!

• Bellevue Bellevue, WA, 98006 See on map
    Location of (Waypoint Ceremonies)