Waypoint Ceremonies Reviews

21 Reviews for Waypoint Ceremonies

1 User photo

• Anna

Anna Forrester · Married on 09/28/2019

We had a beautiful ceremony created with Waypoint Ceremonies!

We're so glad we chose Danna to officiate our wedding. We loved our ceremony and couldn't have created without Danna. She guides you through every step of the way and is bursting with creative ideas. You'll no doubt be able to create a one of kind ceremony with Waypoint Ceremonies.

Sent on 11/24/2019

Waypoint Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Anna & Sam. I love the wedding experience you two created for your people - so intentional, memorable, and so very much a reflection of your values. It was my honor and delight to work with you both!

Janetta Fruehling · Married on 07/08/2019

Danna Saved The Day

Danna saved the day for our wedding ceremony. Just days before our wedding our officiant informed us that she had a medical issue and could not perform the ceremony. She referred us to Danna, which was a blessing. Not only did Danna arrange her schedule to accommodate us, but she took the ceremony to the next level, providing organization, themes, and extra rituals that made the day truly memorable

Sent on 05/30/2019

Waypoint Ceremonies's reply:

Thanks, Janetta....you two sure got hitched just right! I still want to try my hand at crafting a pineapple-themed cake, inspired by your lovely wedding cake.
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 06/23/2019

Just say yes! Again!

My husband and I got married last June of 2019. We originally started the process of hiring another wedding officiant when we found Danna.

She was everything I was dreaming of for a wedding officiant. She was so warm and special. She treated us like we were the only wedding she has ever done. Her ideas are so original and unique it really made our wedding special and “ours.” She delivered and went above and beyond for us with everything she offered. This involved hours of phone calls, FaceTime, the actual writing of our ceremony ( including many details and ritual details that made it special to us) it was important to me that we had a ceremony that our guests were involved in and felt special being a part of. That truly was my goal with this whole ceremony. I wanted it about us obviously but our guests were just as important. She totally understood this and even complimented me on desiring this outcome. I didn’t want them to feel like they were just people sitting in the crowd staring blankly then zoning out after 20 minutes.

Nope, not with Danna.

She kept them involved and alert the whole time. The guests were a part of the process which I felt was so important. She has books filled with ways to achieve this and more.

She was truly amazing and I can’t say how important she was for our wedding ceremony.

She was also like a wedding mother to me in the way she spoke of what to expect and she practiced with us until we felt comfortable, we talked about emotions that might come up and how to manage them in the moment, she took care of things with the venue that needed attention, she worked closely with the venue coordinator and our DJ. She did everything and more. She even spent an hour or two with me on the phone the day after checking in with me ( I happened to be having some feels).

We got way more then we ever could have expected with her supporting us that day. And that’s exactly what she did. She was the rock that supported our entire experience and she was flawless.

She even sent me a text message on our anniversary a year later.

Just say yes to Danna! Seriously, go on...

Are you going?

How about now......

Sent on 06/23/2020

Waypoint Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review, Heather! You two were a delight to work with and you created a truly special day that will live on in the memories and hearts of your friends and family. Here's to a zillion more years of love and laughter.
  • Chasen

Chasen Fong · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing Wedding Celebrant!

My fiance and I were looking for someone genuine, personable, and professional to officiate our intimate wedding ceremony. Danna completely exceeded the bill, going well above and beyond the typical officiant duties. We could not be happier with our decision to work with Danna and would highly recommend her to anyone.

Because Danna is a Celebrant, she has the extensive experience and expertise to design a truly unique and meaningful ceremony for any occasion -- going as elaborate or as simple as a couple feels comfortable with. For us, our ceremony was very small and simple (6 guests, approx. 15 min) and Danna was able to craft a beautifully written ceremony for us that felt really true to ourselves and our story. She also did a great job acknowledging our guests and making them feel very comfortable. Working with her was a very enjoyable experience as she is extremely responsive and professional which was so much appreciated. She is very detailed, organized and knowledgeable so it was great to know we had someone we could count on help make our ceremony run smoothly and perfectly. Her approach is very consultative & collaborative where she worked closely with us from beginning to end to make sure she got to know us and what we were looking for. She always offered advice, examples, and tips throughout the process, as well as many different creative ideas and reading options to incorporate into our special day. Because she is a great writer, she knows how to convey the message/story you are trying to tell. She also looked over our vows and was readily available to answer questions or help us out whenever we needed it. Another thing we were truly thankful for is how she thinks about all the little details that you may not even realize are important to a ceremony!

On the actual day, she arrived early with everything we needed, including a side table and adorable letter pen set that made our photos look that much better. We did not have a wedding coordinator, but just having Danna there put us at ease because we knew she would help ensure our ceremony ran smoothly. And it absolutely did! Thanks so much for everything Danna!!!

Sent on 05/16/2019

Waypoint Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Chasen! What a fabulous day you two crafted - the epitome of how a small intimate wedding should look and feel.

It was fun to work with you both, and a delight to get to tell your story and help you two get hitched!

Mihai Prica · Married on 03/02/2019

Fantastic wedding officiant

Danna was just amazing. We got in touch with her just a couple of weeks before the wedding and she made room for us in her schedule, answering our all questions. At first we wanted something very simple but she convinced us that a more personalized ceremony is a more beautiful one and she was absolutely right. A lot of our guests said they were very impressed with the tailored ceremony.
    She's also a true professional, very organized, coming in a bit earlier to check the place out and take care of some of the little details that you may not realize.

After the ceremony, she sent the documents in a timely manner and also gave us a beautiful keepsake copy of the ceremony and vows. We're very thankful for having her as a master of ceremony on our special day.

Sent on 06/04/2019

Waypoint Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Mihai - you two did the micro wedding thing just perfectly, right down to ordering the light dusting of snow falling on the cedars outside like confetti! ;)

It was truly a lovely day and a pleasure to serve as your celebrant!

Karen · Married on 11/10/2018

Best Wedding Celebrant. Ever.

Danna at Waypoint Ceremonies went above and beyond as my daughter and son-in-law's wedding officiant. Several of our guest commented that this was the best wedding they had ever been to and much of the reason was because they felt as if they were a valued part of the experience. It was very important to my daughter that her guests felt comfortable, happy and involved. Danna made that a reality. Thank you, Danna, you're the best!!!!!

Sent on 01/17/2019

Waypoint Ceremonies's reply:

Ahh, thank you, Karen! What a fun and unique ceremony that was so full of big laughter and tears -- and what an absolutely magical day they (and all of you) created for your families and friends. Amazing lifelong memories -- such as your mother helping with the handfasting, which will remain one of my most endearing lifelong memories, as well.

Marcelo · Married on 03/10/2018

Danna's work is outstanding!
    We are not the romantic kind of couple, and we just wanted a simple and fast ceremony, which she did amazingly. In about 15 min she was able to make our small celebration with a couple of friends heartwarming and perfectly tailored to us with a creative and sweet "recap" of our relationship that surprised even ourselves when we realized how much we faced together.

Sent on 04/16/2018

Waypoint Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Marcelo - and what a fun gathering of friends near and family afar via Facetime it was! All the best to both of you!

Alexandra & Jay · Married on 03/03/2018

Danna goes above and beyond what a celebrant entails. We would recommend a celebrant and Danna specifically if you’re getting married or needing any ceremony.

Whether the endless hours she surely spent composing our ceremony, pre-planning with our DJ, photographer and venue to ensure we experienced a flawless ceremony or the rehearsal with everyone involved the evening before: her attention to detail is immaculate.

When we first heard of celebrants and Danna, we were both a little apprehensive. That quickly faded once we both talked at length about what we envisioned. While we had some ideas, she came back to us some rituals and nuances that she picked up on with us both. When we both finished our interviews and questionnaires, the uniqueness really began to shine. We both wrote our own vows and she helped us both with some personal details that we had overlooked that made it that much more intimate and completely personal.

Our ceremony was honestly perfect. It was personal and involved everyone in attendance. As we greeted our guest during the reception the first comments were how much they loved the ceremony and being involved in our day and not just an audience member.

She prompted us on small details that we wouldn’t have thought of until day of, preventing stress before it even occurred. We were both completely present and able to focus on each other while enjoying the ceremony Danna had crafted. We are both so grateful

She was truly the conductor of our “wedding orchestra”.

If you’re on the fence about using a celebrant, get off, make your ceremony effortless (except for the homework she gives you) and hire Danna!

Alexandra & Jay Davies.

Sent on 03/25/2018

Waypoint Ceremonies's reply:

Ah, you two, that special venue, and your day, which you knocked out of the wedding ballpark! I really enjoyed helping you both co-craft your ceremony and create so many moments of laughter and tears. Thanks for attuning yourselves to the personalized process of ceremony design. I'm so glad you saw how worth it all that pre-homework was, and were able to receive so many kudos from your family and friends in attendance. And I'm so glad the wedding gods conspired to deliver such stellar weather that day!

Angela · Married on 09/16/2017

First off, props to Danna for being willing to travel outside of King, Pierce or Snohomish Counties to officiate our wedding (we got married in kittitas County in Cle Elum, WA and many officiants weren't willing to travel that far). Second, Danna was nothing short of amazing to work with, she truly made our ceremony a one of kind experience customized to our specific relationship. She had great ideas about how to incorporate rituals, music and our values into our ceremony. We received many compliments from our guests during the reception about how much they enjoyed our wedding ceremony (words I've never heard anyone utter before). Third, when it came time to write our vows, she helped us every step of the way as my now husband tends to procrastinate. She is worth every penny and more! Thank you so much for being a part of our marriage journey Danna! We will be sure to stay in touch with you throughout life's big changes. Cheers! A&B :-)

Sent on 09/27/2017

Waypoint Ceremonies's reply:

Thanks, Angela. It was a delight to work with you both and so much fun pre-ceremony journeying with the two of you in these months leading to the altar. I loved helping you weave the meaningful ritual moments into your ceremony. You crafted a truly exquisite & memorable day.

And B pulling C in the wagon to the altar? That was just the best take-away memory of my wedding season this year!

Rhett Haars · Married on 08/10/2017

Commitment ceremony

Danna Schmidt, she was fabulous in helping us prepare our ceremony. She takes a unique and deliberate style and works with couples to create a celebration that fits with the couple. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 05/30/2019

Waypoint Ceremonies's reply:

Thanks for your review, Rhett. I really enjoyed working with you both to craft your special ceremony for that oh so fabulous Conservatory locale!

Daniela · Married on 08/05/2017

Oh my goodness...where do I even begin. If I could give Danna a higher rating I truly, from the bottom of my heart, would. She somehow took me and my husbands questionnaires about our life and how we met and crafted it to life. She was able to take all of the little details about how we met, where we met, how we felt and take everyone at our ceremony (including ryan and I!) back in time to that place and those feelings we felt. You can tell so much time, thought, effort and love really went into what Danna built for us. Danna also was able to take what we said we loved about each other, what marriage meant to us and helped us craft the most perfect vows. My husband and I were really apprehensive at reading them out loud but as soon as we read what she had built based on our questionnaires we knew that we HAD to read them out loud to each other to aloud for all our friends and family to hear. It was truly magical. I had SEVERAL of our guests come up and ask us if Danna was a long time family friend because she came across as knowing us for as long as we had known each other. People were asking for her name and business card hoping to get to work with her for their own future weddings!! All in all, wonderful experience from start to finish. I cannot recommend her more to couples looking for a ceremony that is truly unique to their love story!! Thank you SO much Danna for making our ceremony one that we (and our guests!) will remember always ❤️

Sent on 08/07/2017

Waypoint Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Daniela! It was SUCH a joy to work with you both, to bring your story to life, and to help nudge you both to share your words of love aloud to each other. Kudos to the two of you for daring to speak your vow words to the other - it was such a highlight moment for your friends and family to share in. And well done creating such a magical and memorable day for all of you - you even inspired one of the valets to consider proposing to his girlfriend! <3

RYAN · Married on 08/05/2017

I didn't know what to expect with a "Celebrant" in the beginning. If it were up to me, I would have had my marriage at the county court house with a witness or two... This is before I knew what Danna Schmidt was capable of. One of the things she tasked me with was a questionnaire that seeemed to go forever and ask some mushy love stuff that I wasn't too motivated to answer. At the time I didn't see the importance. After I finally answered many of the questions, not all of them, she had written My wife and I's love story, and vows. I felt like she took nothing and turned it into something made for a movie. It was all our words, but with added flare and depth. Many people assumed Danna was a long time family friend because she crafted such an in depth story that was the essence of "us"! She turned the ceremony, which most of the time is what people can't wait to get through into something that moved people into tears and laughter. So many people throughout the reception came to me and told me how good our ceremony was. Especially coming from people I did not expect to care about the ceremony. There's a big difference between an officiant and a celebrant. This being my second marriage (and final), I can tell you from experience. You cannot go wrong Danna.

Sent on 08/07/2017

Waypoint Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you for your generous words, Ryan. So glad you opted not to do a courthouse wedding - what an amazing wedding experience and witnessing you created for everyone at Bella Luna Farms! It was an honor to co-craft this ceremony with you two, and to get to tell your compelling love story.

Lauren · Married on 07/29/2017

Danna helped us to create a ceremony that was so uniquely us we are speechless. After the ceremony, countless guests came us to us to tell us that they had never seen such a beautiful ceremony and it was the best wedding ceremony that they had ever been to. We couldn't agree more.

From our first encounter with Danna she promised that she would be the celebrant to truly create a ceremony that reflected us uniquely. This was the case in so many little details in the ceremony but was also true through the planning process wherein Danna created multiple opportunities for us to set aside time to really think about our love for one another, what marriage means, what we hope for the future and those goofy things that just make you laugh (or cringe) about one another. She also encouraged us throughout the full process to create rituals that we could carry with us throughout our marriage. It really felt like Danna was setting the stage for our marriage as opposed to simply facilitating the ceremony.

We had a family member film the ceremony and will treasure it forever! We cannot recommend Danna more highly for all those looking to create a ceremony that truly reflects the individuals getting married. She is so open to incorporating elements into the ceremony that really define who we are as individuals and as a couple.

Sent on 08/08/2017

Waypoint Ceremonies's reply:

Thanks, Lauren! You and Spencer created such a phenomenal "peak" weekend experience for your friends and family -- and in true destination wedding style. It was a delight to work with you two and help you say your day and story rite...the ceremonious way.

Genevieve · event on: 06/19/2017

I am still smiling - sending out radiant energy in awe of the self-transformation that took place only yesterday!

Ms. Schmidt was instrumental in helping me to create a very powerful Healing and Release Ceremony. She acted as both facilitator/Celebrant/Officiant and Production Manager. I created an "altar" for myself with symbols that held great meaning associated with this most personal ceremony. On the other end, Danna also constructed an altar in my behalf! She provided music, poetry and exercises to gain clarity, accountability,self-love and forgiveness - not only for myself but for the other. She provided and "held sacred space" for me, insuring that I felt safe and comfortable in showing my vulnerability with such rawness in the powerful work we did together. Her calming presence was so soothing. I felt gently guided through what I would describe as a "time of metamorphosis".

I feel like a new woman - light and free! There is a richer and deeper tone to my laughter now. This hard and painful time has taught me to be even more compassionate and wise.

"May all which is unforgiven in me be released. May my fears yield their deepest tranquilities. May all which is unlived in me blossom into a future graced with love." ~ John O'Donahue

And so it is.

Sent on 06/20/2017

Waypoint Ceremonies's reply:

May all which is unlived in you blossom into a future graced with love indeed, Genevieve! Thank you for your lovely and generous words, and for daring to do this healing and release/renewal work for yourself. It is, as you say, an incredibly liberating experience, made all that much more freeing because of the ceremonial aspects. What a great gift you gave yourself on the last official day of spring. Happy new season and new you!

Cindi · event on: 01/06/2017

Danna provided an amazing celebration of my mom's life as a celebrant. She was very responsive to me and our family regarding getting the service just right. She captured my mom's essence as completely as possible without knowing her. It made a difficult time a bit easier and definitely left me with fond memories of taking my mom "home". I would absolutely recommend her for any occasion as she was excellent and professional to work with.

Sent on 02/27/2017

Waypoint Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review, Cindi. It was an honor to craft your Mom's service and help you tell her inspiring life story.

Monica · event on: 12/25/2016

Danna is always attentive, caring, and thorough throughout the planning process. She is never "cookie-cutter" but instead wants to discover who your loved one was and how your loved one impacted you and your family. My memorial was for my mother - a year after her death. Whether you are fortunate enough to have the foresight to engage Danna for your loved one's internment (funeral) services or would like to commemorate your loved one at a later date (ours was in Costa Rica), you should do your due diligence and seek out Danna's services. I will never be able to say "good-bye" to my mother, but I was able to celebrate her with my family in a way befitting the person who impacted me most in my life.

Sent on 03/03/2017

Waypoint Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Monica. Constructing your poignant and ritually-rich ceremony of remembrance filled my heart to the brim - what an incredible woman your Mom was. She lives on in you. <3
  • User7882893 · event on: 10/01/2016

When we moved back into our home, Donna did a house blessing with our family. She did a detailed discovery of our goals and the home, and provided us a lovely ceremony outline as well as a detailed list of items we needed for the ceremony.

The ceremony was tailored, lovely and inclusive of our daughters and pets. Each family member was part of the ceremony and it really helped clear the old energy and help us settle in.

Sent on 03/09/2017

Waypoint Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you! It was an honor to co-craft this house blessing ceremony for your family, and a delight to bear witness to your pride of ownership. Your home has a storied history - I wish you all countless more years of love and laughter there.

Christina · event on: 07/08/2016

With the sudden loss of my brother, our family was faced with finding the right person to lead us through the best memorial for him. We were lucky enough to connect with Danna. This process is never easy and most people, I believe, are not sure where to start and what to do. All we had were the ideas of what we knew would be important to our family, but not sure how to make them all happen cohesively. Danna spent several evenings with us, guiding us through the process and offering an outline of what the service could look like. She also took a genuine interest in who he was during his time on earth and what his energy was about. This was extremely important to our family.
    The memorial service itself was exactly what we had hoped. Our beliefs were respected, last minute requests were honored and welcomed, down to Danna even supplying a vessel for the sage we cleansed with. We were provided with a very well organized copy of the service, that we were able to reference when needed during eulogies. They also served as cherished keepsakes. She honored my brother and his life beautifully. We were very thankful for her kindness, compassion, and professionalism during this painful time.

Sent on 04/25/2017

Waypoint Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review, Christina. It was an honor to work with all of you and help you craft a service that paid tribute to his life and became a sacred vigil space for your collective grief.

Michael · Married on 10/24/2015

Dear Danna Schmidt,

My wife and I would just like to say thank you, for all you have given us. Such a wonderful and memorable wedding ceremony.

'Unique', 'surprising' and 'fun' are how our guests described our ceremony. Even our pianist exclaimed, "What a beautiful wedding ceremony you had! So different from many that I see where it is just quick and sort of canned. Yours had real meaning.”

My wife and I knew that we had chosen the right minister because Danna had excellent communication, ideas, and most important she kept us on our toes and executed. Would highly recommend her if you want to have a wedding ceremony different than most text book ceremonies.

Thank you again for being really flexible with time. We had given you roughly 2 months to prepare when it should’ve been 6, and thanks for taking the time calling us long distance from Bellevue WA to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada to collaborate and brainstorm our perfect ceremony.

Sent on 03/08/2016

Waypoint Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Michael - it was a delight to work with you both. Your unique story, your fabulous and fun friends/family who travelled the globe to be there that day, your cuter than cute flower girls and ring bearer, and all the little touches you made happen - kudos for pulling all that off in so short a time!

Jessica · Married on 08/22/2015

Our celebrant Danna went above and beyond her job description and was exceptionally creative, understanding, and patient, and crafted our ceremony to be so perfectly representative of who we are. She was open to collaborating with me and incorporating my suggestions, since I admittedly have a hard time fully letting go of control.
    I can't thank her enough for everything. She is such a good and kind person, an extremely talented wordsmith, and so thoughtful. She made our wedding ceremony and our tree planting ritual, so special with her beautiful talent for storytelling.
    I honestly can't express how grateful I am for everything that Danna did for us. I highly recommend Danna/Waypoint Ceremonies to anyone and everyone needing a celebrant.
    During the process of writing our ceremony, Danna was professional but did not treat us like customers in her business, she treated us like close friends. I know that we will be in touch with Danna with updates on our family, and seek out her celebrant services again when it comes time to renew our vows, and to plant trees for our kids when they join our family.

Sent on 10/27/2015

Waypoint Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Jessica! What a magical ceremony, perfect day and incredible garden oasis you chose! It was such a delight to work with you and Logan.

Michele · Married on 05/31/2014

"Danna crafted a special ceremony for our first anniversary re-commitment ceremony which included a unique ritual we intend to repeat every year on our anniversary! The items we shared with each other, from that ritual, will be on our altar and the readings Danna selected were perfect – we plan to frame one of them for our home. Thank you for bringing so much meaning to our sacred occasions, Danna. We are so grateful."

Sent on 08/24/2015

Waypoint Ceremonies's reply:

Thanks, Michele! It was so much fun and such an honor to craft the readings and rituals for you both - you two are the real deal!