Custom Ceremonies by Positively Charmed

Minneapolis, MN View map
$475 Typical Price

$475 Typical Price

Greetings and Congratulations!

If you are reading this it is because you are in some serious planning stages of one of the biggest days of your life!

If you are seeking someone to officiate your wedding it is likely because you are not currently affiliated with a particular church. Perhaps you have a less "defined" sense of spirituality that you would like to have reflected in your ceremony. You and your fiance may come from different traditions or ancestral heritage and may be seeking a way to bridge beliefs, honor your heritage, and still remain true to your selves. Your marriage ceremony should speak to the truth of your story and the love you share!

I am a Minnesota State Licensed Non-Denominational Officiant. I hold a Master's Degree in Religion & Theology from United Theological Seminary. This does not mean that the couples whom I work with are necessarily religious, in fact the majority of people I meet do not consider themselves affiliated with any organized religion. Many may describe themselves as spiritual, perhaps humanist, agnostic...or even aetheist. My own interests and study of spirituality is from a perspective of comparative theology, mysticism, psychology, music, art and poetry. I am deeply ecumenical and inclusive in my approach and language to express a spiritual sensibility...whether sacred or secular.

The ceremony that we create together will reflect the unique expression of love and commitment that you feel is appropriate for your relationship. I can promise you that our process of creating your ceremony will be quite joyous and romantic.

You may just now be beginning the search for an officiant and, perhaps, not even be sure about how to move forward and what questions to ask...this is quite normal! I would be happy to either speak with you on the phone or exchange emails in a simple, introductory and informational "mini" interview... you will easily be able to determine if you would then like to schedule a time to meet for coffee and continue our conversation about your wedding ceremony!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Leslie Ann Johnson
612.382.2960

leslie@positivelycharmed.com

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$475

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$475

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?

$95

What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?

$75

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union
Single Religion

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows
Licensed
Premarital Counseling
Bilingual

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
Buddhist
Earth-Based
Hindu
Jewish
No Denomination
Pagan
Unitarian

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

MN
WI

What languages do you speak?

Italian
Spanish

1 User photo

Katie M. Married on 03/24/2021

Amazing Experience with Leslie at Positively Charmed!

We had a WONDERFUL experience with Leslie as our officiant for our big day. We appreciated Leslie's flexibility and understanding as we had to move our day 2x due to COVID restrictions. We met via Zoom prior to the wedding to go over what we wanted for the ceremony - vows, stories, etc. Leslie is super easy to talk to and captured many of our favorite things and stories. Leslie also acted as a coordinator the day of our wedding - pulling us aside in moments between pictures to do a quick little rehearsal or working with our harpist on music cues. I honestly don't know what we would have done without Leslie pulling everything together. She did a fantastic job on our ceremony and I can't imagine anyone else officiating our big day.

We highly recommend working with Leslie and Positively Charmed!!
    Anna Married on 09/28/2019

Great Experience working with Leslie

Leslie helped with our wedding décor and it was wonderful. We live out of town and Leslie worked with our schedules. The first time we Skyped, we had only a little idea of what we are looking for and basically no knowledge about décor; Leslie was patient with us and helped create a design that we both love. When we had a chance to visit her office, she again took time to demonstrate the design to us. On the Wedding day, she came very early and set everything us. When we saw the arch it was more beautiful than we thought. The table setups are great as well.
    We highly recommend Leslie.

Custom Ceremonies by Positively Charmed's reply:

Anna & Kern! It was just a delight to work with you, and we succeeded in our long distance exchanges of photos, and wishes, and creating a vision! There are so many great tools to exchange ideas and it was fun to see your vision develop into your wedding day. It was exciting to create your decor, especially your ceremony arch! Thank you so much for your gracious review. As it was in the process of co-creating with you...your kindness and happiness shine through! With warm gratitude, Leslie
    Shannon Married on 07/14/2018
    We really enjoyed working with Leslie for our wedding. She helped us craft a very unique and individualized ceremony that really represented my husband and I. Leslie took the time to talk with us via Skype for two long meetings during the ceremony planning process which was helpful given we were planning from out of state. She also met with us in person a week before our wedding when we finally arrived to town to get to know us in person before our big day which was so appreciated. She was very organized and helpful throughout the entire planning process and provided us many suggestions and resources throughout our time working with her. She was a wonderful choice for us and we are still getting compliments on our ceremony which was a month ago!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

23 photos · 04/29/2017
  • Mikolaj & Melissa
    24 photos · 09/19/2016

Pricing

99 Perspectives Photography & Design 99 Perspectives Photography & Design Wedding Photographers

We had the privilege of working with Leslie on August 30, 2013 at the Crow River Winery. The moment we met Leslie, we knew she was going to be fun to work with. She has a certain charm that just draws you in and makes you want to get to know her. The ceremony flowed very well, all the while taking into account the bride and groom and their personalities, and keeping it personally designed for them. We would HIGHLY recommend Leslie Johnson, and can't wait to work with her again!

The Photo Booth Group The Photo Booth Group Wedding Photographers

Leslie, with Positively Charmed, is a warm and beautiful person. She can bring individuality and love to any style of ceremony. If I had know her when I got married I would have chosen her without a doubt!

Pianist for Parties Pianist for Parties Wedding Musicians

At a recent wedding Rev. Leslie Johnson wove together unique cultural traditions and the love story of the couple into a beautiful wedding ceremony. As the pianist, I appreciated Rev. Johnson's willingness to communicate with me to coordinate the timing of the music with the unique style of the wedding. She had a natural way of making sure each couple is always the focus of attention. At one wedding we performed together, the threat of impending rain brought a sense of anxiety to the wedding participants. Rev. Johnson brought a calm into the situation and their outdoor wedding was beautiful and perfect with the rain holding off until just after the wedding!

The Semple Mansion, 100 West Franklin Avenue Suite 202 Minneapolis, 55404
Location of (Custom Ceremonies by Positively Charmed)

Other vendors in Minneapolis for your wedding