1 Davis Avenue, Garden City, NY 11530 Map · Phone number

About Cradle of Aviation Museum

Cradle of Aviation Museum is a historic wedding venue located in Garden City, New York. At Cradle of Aviation Museum your wedding day will be a one-of-a-kind celebration that will be remembered for a lifetime in the heart of Long Island. The venue has partnered with the famed Philip Stone Caterers who will assist you in making your special day an unforgettable event from start to finish.

Facilities and Capacity
Cradle of Aviation Museum can accommodate up to 2,000 wedding guests in its unique indoor event spaces. There are many locations on the property where couples may host their wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, including the Reckson Center Atrium, The Red Planet Cafe, Hall of Honors, Sky Walk, and the Leroy R. & Rose W. Grumman Giant Screen Dome Theater. The Reckson Center Atrium features four stories of gorgeous, flexible event space that showcases grand aircraft hangars and impressive flight displays. It can comfortably seat up to 1,000 guests for a grand wedding celebration. The Red Planet Cafe is a fun party space that boasts a live space station that is situated on the reimagined planet of Mars and features wall-to-wall murals and other worldly artifacts. It is the ideal space for intimate wedding events of up to 220 people. The Leroy R. & Rose W. Grumman Giant Screen Dome Theater is a unique space that can comfortably seat 300 wedding guests.

Cradle of Aviation Museum is a full-service wedding venue that is available for hosting a variety of wedding events, such as bridal showers, engagement parties, ceremonies and receptions. The museum offers event planning services, in-house catering and bartending options, liability insurance and onsite bridal suites where the bridal party can get ready in style before the ceremony begins. Event staff at Cradle of Aviation Museum will take care of setup and cleanup before, during and after your wedding. The museum provides onsite parking and valet service during the wedding events it hosts.

Follow Cradle of Aviation Museum on

White cake
img7729

3 Reviews for Cradle of Aviation Museum

Alexandra · Married on 03/16/2018

My husband and I were looking for a non traditional venue, we wanted our guests to be able to walk around and see more than another reception hall. With the Cradle of Aviation we found it. Our guests loved the cocktail hour walking around the exhibits with food from Philip Stone Caterers placed strategically to encourage people to wander. John from Philip Stone Caterers was amazing, he helped us think of everything and ensured the day ran smoothly. We received compliments on how well organized it all was and that was thanks to John's coordination before and during the day. The staff at the Cradle of Aviation was amazing, the day of they allowed us to use a conference room for the bridal party to get ready in. We had signature cocktails as well as an open bar, the bar tender mixed the signature cocktails individually which you don't normally expect. Several guests were impressed with the bar tender and the various drinks they requested. The food was incredible, almost a month later we are still receiving compliments on the food and wait staff from Philip Stone. We had guests ask the wait staff during the cocktail hour if there was dinner following because there was so much food to go around. Our guests loved how every time the wait staff went to serve a table they came out perfectly lined up and the entire table was served at once, the orders were always correct. John and his staff had amazing attention to detail, it made our day so special and was more than what we ever though it could be.

Sent on 04/04/2018

They were amazing! What a unique experience for all of our guests. It was an absolutely beautiful and unique venue for our wedding.

Sent on 01/24/2016

anthony · Married on 10/25/2014

I was absolutely thrilled with this venue for my wedding. They allowed my wife and I to put our own unique touch on everything. Cocktail hour was fantastic inside the museum and the option for the simulator is worth adding to the event. My wife and I had nothing but rave revues with every detail about our wedding here. The cost per person was lower than we expected for such a unique venue as well.

Sent on 01/11/2015

Cradle of Aviation Museum FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 750.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 750.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, China, Clean Up, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 10
  • Describe your venue: Historic Building, Museum
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor
  • What event services do you offer? Clean Up, Event Planner, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Set Up
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

• 1 Davis Avenue Garden City, New York, 11530 See on map