Ann Arbor, MI 48103 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Compose Events

Weddings are romantic and timeless events and as such, we strive to not only create a beautiful event, but a beautiful experience.

Our strength is being able to seamlessly guide newly engaged couples through a personalized and well composed wedding planning experience. Collaborating with you as much or as little as you would like and letting your vision lead the planning process is our focus. We can't wait to see your love story and personality show through in each intentional detail.

Attention to detail, creating a cohesive design through the client’s visions, producing clear and concise communication plans for vendors and bridal party alike and having a back-up plan for everything are just a few of the areas of event planning where we excel. Aesthetically, we are inspired by nature, letting timeless and simplistic details lead the design process.

As a boutique event-planning studio based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan, we service the greater Detroit area and love traveling for weddings, especially to Northern Michigan.

marsh341 2

Compose Events 6
Compose Events 7

Cara · Married on 09/21/2019

Highly recommend!

We hired Nicole as a month-of coordinator and florist for our wedding. She was such a delight to work with from the go. She prompted thoughtful questions, paid close attention to detail, and helped us play with different ideas for the big day. No disposables? No seating chart? No parking? - no matter the idea we proposed - her design process and ability to problem solve were both creative and dynamic! She was really put to the test when, an hour before the ceremony, a beautiful sunny day turned into torrential thunderstorms. Our wedding was outdoors and Nicole quickly sprang into action, moving decor, rearranging tables, coordinating transport of guests to the tent rather than the outdoor ceremony site, and communicating with us all the while. My husband and I agree she was definitely the most important person we hired for the wedding and can't imagine the day (or weeks leading up) without her. She allowed us to feel relaxed (even as it rained sideways) and enjoy the day/the people around us the day of! If you're hesitating...don't. She's worth it.

Sent on 10/01/2019
    Compose Events 9
    Compose Events 10
    Compose Events 11
    Compose Events 12
  • Cassie

Cassie · Married on 07/20/2019

Best decision ever

Nicole was the best decision I’ve ever made (besides deciding to marry my now husband). About 2 hours into our wedding day my mom turned to me and said “I don’t know what you are paying your wedding planner but you should double it.” Nothing about our wedding was simple. From a non-wedding venue, catering our own food and some unique design choices - she handled everything with excitement and ease. The weeks leading up to and day of were absolutely flawless. I felt so calm. She handled every single detail. She also did all the design and all the floral and it turned out SO BEAUTIFUL. At one point during the reception the strap on my dress completely broke and within minutes I was back on the dance floor bc she just casually sewed it back together. Overall, Nicole was so amazing and I am so grateful for her to curating the best day of our lives. I have already recommended to her to anyone that will listen!

Sent on 08/06/2019

• What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 3,500.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 5,500.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? Yes
  • What is the hourly rate? $ 65.00
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Civil, Cultural, Destination, Eco-Friendly, Non-Religious, Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 2