Christopher Newport University

• Kiln Creek Golf Club and Resort
  • Cousiac Manor

3 Reviews for Christopher Newport University

Lauren · Married on 06/05/2015

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Christopher Newport University and the role they played in making our wedding perfect. As an alumni, I received 50% off the rental fees for the facilities, which quite honestly were already reasonable for the value. Their professionalism is incredible, and the final product was far better than I could ever imagine. The buildings are incredible and the rooms are so grand, they speak for themselves! We got married in the chapel, which was the perfect size venue and allowed us to feel like we were holding our ceremony in a sacred place. The ballroom was perfect for a great party!

Sent on 09/02/2015

Amanda · Married on 10/08/2016

The choice to have our wedding at CNU was an easy one since my husband and I both graduated from there. If you are an alumni, there is a discount on the room rental fees for the Chapel and Ballroom, but they do charge for additional items including tables outside of the actual dining tables, use of their easels, linens, etc. The spaces are absolutely stunning with grand chandeliers and columns. There is really no need to bring in elaborate decorations because the space is so overwhelmingly beautiful. We had a brunch reception as the dinner prices were a bit out of our price range, but my guests loved the food, especially our grilled cheese and tomato bisque station! They were also very flexible in having passed mini chicken and waffles during cocktail hour which were not on their standard menus.

I worked with a few different people throughout the planning process, but Jennie was usually my main point of contact if I had questions. She was very fast to respond despite some employment transitions and was fantastic in being present for any site visits including the rehearsal. She was also very helpful in transporting our grandparents from the Chapel to the DSU on wedding day.

The level of service from the Catering team exceeded my expectations. My husband and I dropped off items on Friday morning and they were very accommodating in finding a cart for us to transport everything and we were able to do so in one trip. During the reception, Jennifer escorted us through the food line carrying our plates for us while we chose the food. I currently work in the hotel industry and my Director of Catering attended the wedding and she said the service was phenomenal which is a big deal coming from someone who has been in the industry for many, many years.

Sent on 10/13/2016
  • Faith Anne

Faith Anne · Married on 03/03/2012

3.5

I absolutely LOVED the Ballroom at CNU. The room is spectacular, it has a 1920's art-deco feel! I was an alumni of the University therefore I received 50% off the room rental. Without the discount I don't think I would have gone with them because they are a bit on the pricey side. But, the room is really stunning and the staff is so wonderful!

Sent on 03/28/2012

• Newport News See on map
    (Phone number)
    Location of (Christopher Newport University)