The newly constructed 18,000 square-foot Ada Blanche Wrigley Schreiner Building offers five event spaces that can be booked singularly or in combination to accommodate up to 300 people. From intimate garden areas to spacious open-air plazas and a 100-seat amphitheater, the Catalina Island Museum is unlike any other venue on the island. The modern architecture is coupled with the rich history of the island, creating the perfect space for guests. With it's distinctive views of Catalina's canyons and clear waters, the museum is an ideal setting for any event. Unique among all other venues in Avalon, the museum's galleries can be made available to guests attending the events.
Recommended by 52% of couples
Nadia · Married on 07/14/2018
We had our wedding at the Catalina Island Museum on 7/14/18. I rarely ever write negative reviews but wanted to share what happened for other brides. If you plan to have more than 150 guests, the museum is a great option on the island, however the staff here is inflexible and really difficult to work with.
Kellie was our main point of contact throughout the 10+ months of wedding planning and there were constant miscommunications and issues. At the beginning they were very accommodating and even price matched another venue and gave us a discount. But things started to change after we signed our contract. There have been 20+ versions of the invoice with over 15+ line items. Some examples of our issues:
1) One month before the wedding during our walk through, we realized their layout was not to scale so their so their solution was for us to pay an extra $1,600 to put the bar in the Artist Plaza (which is a connected area!)
2) Their prices for equipment rental were constantly changing. Linens started out as included with table rental, then were $5 each, then $10 each, then $15 each. In the end we had to rent them elsewhere for $1000+ two weeks before.
3) They forgot to tell the caterer about the champagne glasses we rented from them so they started serving wine in plastic cups halfway through the wedding.
4) When we asked about renting umbrellas, they told us the patio would be shaded by the time the reception started, however that wasn't the case and it was in full sun so guests were huddled in any shaded area they could find.
5) And lastly, despite the weather being 82 and sunny, when we asked about their contingency plan for rain, Kellie's response was "it doesn't rain in July", so basically they don't have a back up plan which is event planning 101.
Overall it's a great space but make sure you ask a lot of questions and dig into the details! Luckily our planner and caterer picked up the slack!
Catalina Island Museum Price Rates
A great company to work with. We highly recommend. Thank you Solace Weddings LLC