PO Box 707, Middletown, MD 21769 Map · Phone number

About CARRIAGES of the CAPITAL

Carriages of the Capital is the Washington, DC area's premiere horse-drawn carriage service. We are currently the only complany licensed to provide service in downtown Washington, DC and also downtown Frederick, MD. We serve DC, Maryland and Northern Virginia with great customer service and professional attention to detail.

A horse and carriage adds an extra special splash of elegance and romance to any wedding. Use us for transportation for short distances, photo opportunities, or just for a precious few minutes of alone time as newly-marrieds between the ceremony and reception.

Many couples reflect and find this to be one of the most special aspects of their wedding day.

We also offer white, hand-led horses for South Asian Baraat processions, complete with elaborate, sequined, traditional decorations for the horse.

Tours in Washington, DC and carriages for parties and holiday celebrations are also available.

Look us up at www.CarriagesoftheCapital.com or email at Inquire@CarriagesoftheCapital.com or call at 202.841.7401.

Follow CARRIAGES of the CAPITAL on

carcap funeral radar temple of praise
sadie ind wed dave
20160618112652
CARRIAGES of the CAPITAL
carcap baraat bridget kids ritz carlton
blizzard ind wedding
blizzard head
CARRIAGES of the CAPITAL
indian wedding sadie groom child
clouds and sadie ind wed 015
carcap funeral radar temple of praise

5 Reviews for CARRIAGES of the CAPITAL

Lisa · Married on 10/12/2014

We utilized Carriages of the Capitol as our 'exit strategy' leaving our wedding reception.

I had inquired with several similar businesses who offer horse drawn carriages in the Capitol area. Carriages of the Capitol were incredibly responsive and the most cost competitive (one vendor wanted $1500 for 30 mins!).

We talked by email and phone on the details, and they worked with our venue on their parking needs. They were very flexible on our timing needs (we departed at 11:30 pm), arrived early to set up the carriage and ready the horse. The carriage was fairy tale beautiful and the horse was a sweetheart.

The staff was great to work with and dressed the part.

After leaving the reception, we rode through Capitol Hill and to our hotel. Honestly, the carriage ride was the most peaceful part of the whole day. We were done with our big day; we were married. We relaxed for the first time all day and let the horse do all the work.

Sent on 12/12/2014

Susana · Married on 07/06/2013

I rented a horse drawn carriage for the ceremony part of the wedding. Marcia was very responsive to my emails and knew all the details of what needed to be done at Stone Manor, so I basically wrote the check and didn't have to worry about anything. The poor horse got a little overheated before the ceremony, but recovered enough for the ceremony, and all of my guests LOVED that I arrived to the ceremony on a horse drawn carriage. This may have been one of my favorite parts of the wedding. I felt like a princess :)

Sent on 07/09/2013

R · Married on 09/30/2017

I hired Marcia and Carriages of the Capital for an Indian baraat ceremony. She was really helpful with navigating the process of getting DC street permits. On the day of the ceremony, she and her staff arrived early, were extremely professional, and knew exactly what to do - I'd definitely recommend Carriages of the Capital to others!

Sent on 10/08/2017

CARRIAGES of the CAPITAL FAQ

• What types of vehicles are in your fleet? Horse and Carriage
  • Do you offer special types of transportation? Animals, Hayride
  • Schedule permitting, which of the following driving services do you provide? One-Way Trip, Multi-Locations
  • Typically, what is the minimum rental time required to book your services during peak season? 2 Hours
  • Which of the following amenities are your vehicles equipped with? Wedding Signage

• Total Exposure Band
    Total Exposure Band Wedding Bands

Very Professional and Highly Recommended.

• Crown Rose Estate
    Crown Rose Estate Mansion Weddings

What a beautiful event we had for our guest to experience, a blast from the past. We use the Carriages to shuttle guest around the estate, it really fit so well with the historic mansion at Crown Rose Estate. It gave the guest an experience of times long past. The horses were clean an professional and so well behaved. It was hard to choose which carriage I like best, they are all so beautiful.

• PO Box 707 Middletown, 21769 See on map