West Sacramento, CA 95691 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Canaan Sound and Light

We have been honored to provide sound, lighting and MC services for hundreds of weddings since 1998 with the occasional delight of officiating civil ceremonies. We love quirky, creative and fun ceremonies and enjoy social receptions. We have experience with almost every genre of music and have seen some amazingly creative weddings with some really fun couples. Your wedding is exactly that, your wedding. We are excited to be there, but we are certainly not the focus of the event. Our goal is to provide the best lighting and sound possible and to keep the party moving without forcing it. We are also a full concert sound and stage company with a lot of sound experience, not just simple playing of music.

Follow Canaan Sound and Light on

Debutante Ball. Along with lighting and sound, we also do live sound for bands and vocalists.
cd9284ecd6be14d9 T Me
IMG0227
IMG0232
IMG1236
Canaan Sound and Light
Debutante Ball. We do complete lighting and sound.
Debutante Ball. We do complete lighting and sound.
cd9284ecd6be14d9 T Me
IMG0227

3 Reviews for Canaan Sound and Light

Allison · Married on 08/23/2014

Wow! I didn't realize how important a great DJ is for a wedding until I worked with Jon from Canaan Sound and Light. He was extremely helpful leading up to the wedding by providing a detailed ceremony and reception planner for us to complete. This allowed him to get to know our taste in music as well and have a specific plan for the songs for our ceremony, dances, cake cutting, and other special moments. My friends and family had such an amazing time dancing to the INCREDIBLE selection of songs Jon picked. Jon went above and beyond by helping me compile a few songs together for the father daughter dance I did with my dad AND by setting up for my dad and my sister to sing and play guitar for two songs during the reception. Everything was seamless and perfectly executed.

Sent on 10/27/2015

I wanted a DJ who would stay fairly uninvolved, keep good music coming, take requests and wouldn't act cheesy. Jon seems very versatile and met all of my requests. He was very classy and a good speaker. He even played a song by Iron Maiden that my husbands friends had specially requested and inserted some humor when he announced it so that people who maybe were not a fan of that kind of music were amused. I was very happy with his service.

Sent on 06/26/2013

Stephanie · Married on 03/19/2010

Jon Canaan supplied lighting, videography and DJ for my wedding. Jon was AMAZING, such a class act! Jon far exceeded any expectation I had for a DJ, he really kept the party moving and made sure all the guests were having the time of their lives! I would 100% reccommend him to my closest friends, family and those who are looking for a DJ that can truly do it all!

Sent on 04/14/2010

Real Weddings

• Teresa K photography
    Teresa K photography Wedding Photographers

Jon was one of the first wedding professionals I started referring clients to when I started my wedding photography business in 2009. Jon and his beautiful wife Talitha are an amazing team and so very, very good at what they do. They take amazing care of their clients and to this day are still one of the most professional duos I’ve ever had the privilege to work with.

• West Sacramento, 95691 See on map