210 W. 5th Street, Kansas City, MO 64105 Map · Phone number

About Blixt Photography

Blixt Photography is a boutique style studio with two dedicated photographers specializing in fine art photojournalism. We quietly and unobtrusively document your wedding day, capturing each moment as it unfolds. We strive to be real in all that we do. As a studio we continually pass on the latest fads in wedding photography, providing our clients with timeless photographs. We strive to capture natural moments rather than trying to manufacture them. Our ultimate goal is to provide our clients with photographs they love, a beautifully designed album and a photographer they can confidently recommend to friends.

Blixt (noun)
// flash; a burst of light

Our beautiful photo studio is located in the Downtown River Market. If you are ever in the area, please drop in and say hello!

img5787
2e943e7ee77179e4 1267742173329 153

3 Reviews for Blixt Photography

• October2011wedding

Jen · Married on 10/28/2011

Blixt photography was recommended to me by my wedding planner, Michael Nolte and it was a wonderful suggestion. They have two lead photographers that were there for all aspects of our day. I felt immediately at ease with the guys and while they captured amazing photos, I never felt like they were in my face at every turn. I wanted a more journalistic style vs. lots of posed pictures and they delivered. I absolutely loved our wedding photos and have received lots of compliments on how beautifully they captured "us". The final presentation of our CD with photos was also a nice touch. If you have time to do a bridal portrait - do it! It was a great way to get to know them and the photos weren't at all "typical". Give them a call if you're looking for some very special photos at a reasonable price.

Sent on 05/25/2012

Chad and Ryan were great to work with. You can tell that have a lot of energy and enthusiasm for what they do. Coordinating with them was very easy and their picture quality is great.

Sent on 01/31/2013

anna · Married on 07/30/2011

2.6
      0.0
      3.0
      0.0

I am editing my review based on the service (or lack thereof) that I received after my wedding. 8 months from the time I submitted my picture selections to get my wedding album put together. I am very disappointed in how I was treated after the pictures were taken. They were unresponsive to emails and phone calls and misplaced my requests for the album. It is unfortunate to have such a sour taste a year later.

Original review:
    Chad and Ryan were great to work with! They put both me and my (now) husband at ease. The pictures turned out wonderful even though we were married on a very hot day! They are fun and take great pictures. They really captured my day :)

Sent on 09/14/2011

Blixt Photography FAQ

• What primary photographic style do you identify with? Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer? High-Res Images, Liability Insurance

• Classic Cakes
    Classic Cakes Wedding Cakes

I met Ryan through a mutual client. I was hooked when the wedding pictures came back from Ryan. Never meeting Ryan I hired him to shoot my studio for my new website. He asked so many questions through the process making sure he knew what I wanted. When I got the images back I was overwhelmed by each pictures beauty. I'm quite a perfectionist and to make me happy takes alot, ask my hubby:) I am everyday complimented on Ryan's images and I always give the credit to Ryan. This summer I teamed up with Ryan and Chad to help me out with my new candy adventure. Again they listened and gave me exactly what I wanted and more. It really doesn't matter where you get married because if you have a qualified photographer they can work magic. I always tell clients if there is one thing you should spend your money on, it should be your photographer. It will make or break your wedding day!

• 210 W. 5th Street Kansas City, 64105 See on map