Asheville, NC 28801 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 21
  • Pricing

About Barbara's Ceremonies

Welcome!  As a Certified Celebrant Leader and Interfaith Minister, I provide an inspiring, nurturing presence, co-creating and officiating at wedding, commitment, self-marriage, engagement, vow-renewal and other ceremonies  based on your unique values and beliefs. Whether you would love a personalized ceremony where your unique story is told from the heart and soul, inspiring you and your guests, or you just want a short, sweet yet authentic and memorable ceremony, I would be honored to lead your special event.

Regardless what the nature of your ceremony is, we will infuse your ceremony with meaning and energy that enlivens, connects and inspires you and your community of guests.

Celebrants officiate at personalized civil-secular, nondenominational, religious, spiritual and multicultural wedding ceremonies. I will help you create a ceremony that reflects the beliefs beliefs and traditions you find important.

I’m here to serve as your guide and facilitator in the process of creating a wedding ceremony which will include elements that are most meaningful to you: Your unique personal love story, music you love, colors and symbols that have meaning for you, vows, readings and unique rituals that reflect your cultural, religious and/or spiritual heritage.

A few questions to think about: What do you and your fiance value that you want your wedding ceremony to reflect? What do you want your guests to know about you? What do you want them to experience? What do YOU most want to experience on this day?

My background includes working as a Life Transitions Coach and Intercultural Trainer. I've lived in Europe and Asia, love meeting new people, speaking inspirationally in front of groups, creative writing and painting abstracts. I care about authentically connecting and making a difference at a personal level. In 2009 I became ordained as an Interfaith Minister with James Twyman's Beloved Community http://www.emissaryoflight.com/index.html and have spoken numerous times at various spiritual organizations. In 2011 I became certified as a Celebrant Leader with the Celebrant Foundation & Institute. Through this organization, I feel like I got a Ph.D. in learning all the intricacies and nuances of creating and leading ceremonies!

Call me for a complimentary consultation for your special day: 828-989-1980 and visit my website: www.barbarasceremonies.com

Follow Barbara's Ceremonies on

22 Reviews for Barbara's Ceremonies

• Will

Will Cornett · Married on 11/10/2019

Great Ceremony

Barbara was very easy to work with and she created a perfect ceremony for our wedding! We couldn't have been more happy with her service!

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/11/2019

I HIGHLY recommend

A couple things that were absolutes for me when planning a wedding, vendors that communicated well and good costumer service, simply because planning a wedding is A LOT of work. Barbara showed that from day one, but she was really so much more. She was easy to communicate with. The first time we spoke to her on the phone, the warmth of the her personally came right through. I was very nervous about this party of the wedding and I didn't know where to start when creating a ceremony that fit us. She eased my nerves and created the most perfect, personal, ceremony that my husband and I could ask for. Literally, so many of my guests said over and over again that "that ceremony was very you". I cannot thank her enough for her warm presence and hard work (although she made it seem easy) that she put into making our day perfect. I would recommend 100 times over again.

Sent on 10/17/2019

Amy Nicholson · Married on 09/07/2019

Barbara was present and attentive to our needs and preferences. She was able to facilitate the ceremony just as we wanted and provided needed guidance

Would highly recommend Barbara. Her presence and non- judgement was appreciated throughout the process. Guidance given was much appreciated!!! Many guests commented on how beautiful the ceremony was and how appropriate the story was that she incorporated in the ceremony.

Sent on 09/09/2019

Barbara's Ceremonies Pricing

Barbara's Ceremonies Price Rates

Barbara's Ceremonies FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services?
    $ 500
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services?
    $ 200.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?
    $ 100.00
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?
    $ 150.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
    Single Religion
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    Agnostic
    Shinto
    Sikhism
    Taoist
    Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
    30-60 mins.
  • What languages do you speak?
    English

• Asheville, NC, 28801 See on map
    8289891980 (Phone number)
    Location of (Barbara's Ceremonies)