Ashley Dorton Photography

Richmond, VA View map
$4,495 Most Popular Price

$4,495 Most Popular Price

Hi, I'm Ashley! In 2013, I was an aesthetician who had a knack for using my Canon Rebel T3 to take personal photos of my life and friends. That hobby slowly bloomed into a small photography business, and that year, I took my first ever second-shooting gig at a wedding. Eight years later, my passion for documenting life's most precious moments and inspiring others to pursue their dreams has been my driving force as a seasoned business owner.

I live in the good old heart of Virginia with my Daughter Reagan, and our Yorkie Terrier, Daisy. I love being by the water whenever possible, and I'm the first to volunteer if there's water-skiing or wake-boarding involved. I'm passionate about spreading positivity, eating taco bell (or any Mexican food, really), and making an impact. When I'm not wearing my mom hat, there's a good chance I'm busy talking astrology with friends, aligning my chakras, giving back to local charities, or jamming out to country music during an intense editing session.

My photography style is bold, colorful, and timeless. I'm a sucker for black & white photos and often feel they're best-fit for candid moments that exude emotion. I strive to capture my clients at their "ultimate happy" by creating a genuine and natural experience behind my lens. I enjoy encapsulating small details, raw emotions, and unique connections. My clients will tell you- I'm an extremely organized type-a personality, and I like to run a tight ship (must be the Virgo in me). You can always count on me to arrive early and ready to provide clear direction during a shoot. We will laugh, we will play, and we will likely become friends and grab food afterward. That's my thing; cultivating life-long relationships by turning clients into friendships. I'm a firm believer in pouring love into the people who support my goals and dreams, so don't be surprised when you receive a random text of encouragement, a 'thank you' package in the mail, or a personalized holiday card from my family to yours. Once we've worked together, we're in this thing for life, baby!

Do I sound like the perfect photographer for you? Do you want to follow along and support my journey as a "mompreneur"? Contact my website and find me on social media! I'd love to connect.

• Woman-owned

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$3,200

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

2nd Shooter
Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$4,495

2nd Shooter
Add'l Hours
Boudoir Shoot
Engagement Shoot
Digital Files

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Natural
Traditional

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Boudoir Shoot
Destination / Travel
Engagement Shoot
Second Shooter
Trash The Dress
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums

Message vendor

• Karri
    Karri Married on 05/01/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

She was very friendly and exciting to work with!

Ashley is a sweet lady and captured all of our special moments on our big day! She is amazing at what she does and i can’t wait to work with her again!
    Danielly M. Married on 04/18/2021

Phenomenal

I loved working with Ashley ! She did amazing and then some ! Patient and fun all in one !
    Emma Married on 06/16/2018

Memories of a lifetime

Ashley’s work is stunning! My husband and I booked her for our wedding in 2020. We had to reschedule to 2021 due to Covid and she was incredibly flexible, professional, and understanding during challenging times in her industry when many other vendors were not. On our wedding day, she made posing feel effortless and stress-free when we have never had professional photos taken. I loved some of the different fields of focus she used in different photos; extremely delicate and unique! I feel like we got the deal of a lifetime with the prices she has and the incredible photos and memories we now have thanks to her artistry! I cannot recommend her more highly!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

12204 King Cotton Ct, Richmond, VA, 23112
Location of (Ashley Dorton Photography)

Ashley Dorton Photography frequently asked questions

What photography services does Ashley Dorton Photography include in the starting price?

Ashley Dorton Photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:
  • 2nd Shooter
  • Digital Files

What photography services does Ashley Dorton Photography include in their most popular wedding package?

Ashley Dorton Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • 2nd Shooter
  • Add'l Hours
  • Boudoir Shoot
  • Engagement Shoot
  • Digital Files

What photography styles does Ashley Dorton Photography offer?

Ashley Dorton Photography offers the following photography styles:
  • Contemporary
  • Natural
  • Traditional

What photography services does Ashley Dorton Photography offer?

Ashley Dorton Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • Additional Hours
  • Boudoir Shoot
  • Destination / Travel
  • Engagement Shoot
  • Liability Insurance
  • Second Shooter
  • Trash The Dress
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does Ashley Dorton Photography offer for wedding events?

Ashley Dorton Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Albums
  • Canvas
  • Matted Prints
  • Prints
  • Proofs
  • Save the Date

What percentage of users recommend Ashley Dorton Photography and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Ashley Dorton Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

Other vendors in Richmond for your wedding