408 colfax ave, Grass Valley, CA 95945 Map · Phone number

About Antonio Ayestaran Custom Catering

Antonio Ayestaran has been a professional chef for over 25 years. He is an A.C.F. (American Culinary Federation) apprentice graduate, a certified Chef de Cuisine and certified Pastry Chef.

Antonio, along with 6 other chefs, represented the state of California at the largest cooking competition in the world; the Culinary Olympics in Germany, in 1996, 2000 and 2004. Antonio received Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for his efforts.

Antonio prides his business on working closely with his customers, creating custom experiences for each event. He works closely with many of the largest organizations in Nevada County cooking for fundraisers, donating meals and time, giving back to the community whenever possible.

We want our customers to have the best day that they could have ever dreamed of. In order for us to do this we only schedule one event at a time. This ensures that you have the best "on point wait staff" and that all of our products and services are available, and of course, that Antonio can be at each event. Our main focus is to create amazing food and make you feel as comfortable and special as possible.

Follow Antonio Ayestaran Custom Catering on

meatballs and shrimp appetizers 51 638449

38 Reviews for Antonio Ayestaran Custom Catering

• Kayla

Kayla · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing and delicious food!!

My husband and I had an out-of-town backyard wedding, so it was really important to us to supply delicious food for our guests since we didn’t have a venue to do it for us. The only thing I knew that I wanted on the menu was grilled cheese and tomato sauce appetizers and Antonio nailed it. It was probably the tastiest tomato bisque we’ve ever had! Besides just that, the rest of the appetizers and dinner he put together were incredible (especially the butternut squash ravioli and dessert pies)! When my husband and I made our rounds to talk to our guests during dinner, they all expressed how delicious the food was and many asked for Antonio’s name for future reference. Not only is his food fantastic, Antonio was also extremely friendly, kind and professional to work with. He was quick to respond to my emails and questions and worked well with my coordinator and family. I wish we could get married again solely to eat his food again. I would recommend him for any wedding or event you’re throwing!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Ali Doerr · Married on 05/26/2019

Amazing service & delicious food!!!

Choosing the perfect wedding caterer was an important decision for my husband and I. His one request was that we had a wholesome meal that made him, and his family full and satisfied. Antonio and his team accomplished that, and more! Since my husband and I are both vegetarian, we requested a dish that our guests (many who never have a meal without meat) would also enjoy. Antonio created an amazing veggie and cheese lasagna, butternut squash raviolis, 2 amazing salads, rustic potatoes, grilled veggies and rolls that had all of our guests in awe...and very full. On top of the incredible food, Antonio brought along with him an outstanding staff who helped make sure our event went off without a hitch. Our venue required a room flip, and they did the job quicker then I thought possible. At the end of the night they even helped our wedding coordinator with a few cleanup tasks, which was not expected, but greatly appreciated! Our entire wedding Antonio’s staff stayed professional and very polite to our guests. I truly hope we have the opportunity to enjoy Antonio’s cooking again!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Kristal · Married on 05/18/2019

Worth every penny

I started the search for a caterer by looking up prices. Antonio did not have prices online and wanted to do an interview over the phone before giving me a quote. I didn’t really want to take the time for that but he used the things we talked about to put together the perfect menu for my wedding and that menu was the reason I booked him. I added on a dessert bar later which was an incredible array of bite sized treats that Antonio selected. At the last minute I also added on a late night Mac and cheese bar which was a complete hit! Everyone enjoyed every single thing they prepared.

Sent on 06/07/2019

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Antonio Ayestaran Custom Catering FAQ

• What is the average catering price per person for plated service?
    $ 40.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for buffet service?
    $ 32.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for stations?
    $ 36.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres?
    $ 26.00
    Delivery
    Set Up
    Clean Up
    Cake Cutting
    Server(s)
    Tastings
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service?
    $ 6.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    Bartender(s)
  • What event services do you provide?
    Delivery
    Set Up
    Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide?
    Breakfast / Brunch
    Server(s)
    Stations
    Tapas
    Tastings
  • What types of cuisine do you cater?
    American
    Southwestern
    Spanish
    Thai
    Vietnamese
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate?
    Gluten Free
    Lactose Free
    No Pork
    Kosher
    Nut Free
    Organic
    Vegan
    Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Champagne Toast
    Signature Drink
    Outside Alcohol
  • Which of the following items can you provide?
    Chairs
    Tables
  • Which of the following items can you provide?
    Barware
    Linens

• Empire Mine State Historic Park Park & Outdoor Weddings

Hands down, the best Catering Company in the Grass Valley, Nevada County area

• Wichita Wedding DJ Wedding DJs

Excellent Service Awesome Food.

• Milestones DJ Wedding DJs

We have been working with Antonio for many years and it's always a pleasure. He and his staff are completely professional and we always hear raves about his food and food presentation. We love finding out that Antonio is the caterer at weddings we perform at because we know we'll be eating well that day!

• 408 colfax ave Grass Valley, CA, 95945 See on map
    Location of (Antonio Ayestaran Custom Catering)