Antonio Ayestaran Custom Catering Reviews

Antonio Ayestaran Custom Catering 6
Antonio Ayestaran Custom Catering 7
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 10/13/2018

The most frequent compliment we received

By far the most frequent compliment we received was on our wedding food. It looked and tasted amazing, and was perfectly selected for the season. Working with Antonio was also such a pleasure! He was quick to respond to any emails, helped us place our rental orders, offered a comfortable and delicious tasting, and was a wonderful presence on the wedding day!

Antonio Ayestaran Custom Catering 8
    Antonio Ayestaran Custom Catering 14
    Antonio Ayestaran Custom Catering 15
  • Diana

Diana · Married on 09/28/2018

Stop reading and BOOK ANTONIO!

If I personally knew anyone getting married soon I would be telling them they need to reach out to Antonio Ayesteran Custom Catering. Antonio and his team are seriously incredible! I feel like it says something that in all of the chaos of our wedding, I noticed how friendly and attentive each and every member of his team was. And the food is delicious! After we had our tasting ~a year before the wedding, every so often it would come up in conversation that we couldn't wait to eat his food again. The night of our wedding, the food was just as good as it was at our tasting, which I can't help but find impressive with a buffet setup! We got plenty of comments about how great everything was as we made the rounds to visit our guests' tables, which for me was the perfect final sign we had made an excellent choice. Seriously, you will not regret it - Reach out and see if he's available!

Joey · Married on 08/11/2018

Holy mackerel, Antonio’s food was delicious! It was better and fresher than food you could get in a great restaurant, but it wasn’t even cooked at our venue, since the kitchen was too small! His staff was also so kind and attentive! When my wife and I were off taking a quick break away after the ceremony, during cocktail hour, they brought us drinks and appetizers! It was such a nice touch. I can barely say enough good things about Antonio and his staff and his food. We would not hesitate to hire him again for a function that needed catering or to recommend him to our friends or family. Antonio, we learned at our tasting, used to win awards for his cooking and work in fast-paced, high-end restaurants in the bay area, but he wanted to be a more active dad so he just does catering and sets his own schedule now. He and his company is a true gem for Nevada County!

Jennifer · Married on 06/14/2018

Antonio was so awesome! When my husband and i started looking for caterers, he was our first trial. Everything was amazing and we booked him for our wedding that same day!! We never second guessed our decision. From that day on everything went smoothly. He was awesome to work with and helped us plan a vegetarian buffet for our guests. Most of our guests are meat eaters, but we got no complaints that there wasn't any meat options! As vegetarians we couldn't see ourselves paying for meat, but Antonio made that so easy for us with a delicious vegetarian menu! We had a lot of compliments on our food!! I would HIGHLY recommend Antonio's catering. His staff was awesome and they helped our day flow without a flaw. Booking Antonio was one of the easiest decisions we had made while wedding planning. Antonio and his staff go above and beyond!! Stop looking and book him already!!!!!

Antonio Ayestaran Custom Catering 16
  • TracySmith

Tracy · Married on 06/02/2018

Antonio is a total pleasure to work with-we planned together over a year. He is as wonderful as his food - which was spectacular. Many of our guests said it was the best food they'd ever eaten. They were bowled over by the courtesy, friendliness and efficiency of the catering staff. They worked hard to make sure everyone had food and drinks filled all the time, and made sure we didn't have to worry over anything, they took care of any issues that came up so we didn't have to do a thing but enjoy our day. Antonio and his staff were the best part of our wedding and I would recommend him for any event without hesitation.

Kristin · Married on 06/01/2018

Antonio is AMAZING! We could not have been happier with our experience. It was a debate for us on which vendor to go with for our wedding food purely because of cost and I will tell you the saying could not be more true with Antonio that you get what you pay for. He is worth every penny!! Not only is his food delicious he is also a wonderful person to work with. Antonio is responsive, kind, and someone you not only enjoy working with but enjoy spending time with. The staff he brought for our wedding we could also give all of the same compliments.

We highly recommend Antonio and his crab cakes! You will not be disappointed with either : )

Dan · Married on 05/25/2018

First and foremost, Antonio's food is absolutely excellent. We gave him a general guideline of "California fresh" for the theme of our food and we were not disappointed on our tasting day. Every single salad, starter and entree we had was top notch and even more impressively, he replicated that taste and quality when serving nearly 180 people for our wedding. Beyond the excellent flavors, Antonio and his caterers are a joy to work with. He helped us with getting rental equipment and made us feel confident in every decision related to feeding and entertaining our guests. On the day of, he and his crew kept the trays passed and the plates and glasses filled. He even made sure that the busy bride and groom were fed! We had so many compliments about how great the food was, the least that we could do is write this glowing review. Thank you Antonio, we're now looking for an excuse to throw a big party again just to have your food.

Carrie · Married on 05/05/2018

They are truly the best there is. Food was absolutely amazing, staff was very professional, they even gave us a tasting that was a full course meal and allowed us to bring our parents for the tasting. Antonio is such a great guy and he takes pride in what he does. Better food than any restaurant in all of Nevada County by far. They went above and beyond to make our special day as great as it was.

Laureb · Married on 03/10/2018

Loved Antonio Ayestaran Catering!

Tracy · Married on 03/03/2018

Antonio and his team are 5 stars! Every year they cater our event. They are truly a delight-- professional, friendly, on time, and the appetizers and desserts always look and taste amazing!

Antonio Ayestaran Custom Catering 17
    Antonio Ayestaran Custom Catering 18

Mark · Married on 01/13/2018

My Son and New Wife engaged your team. We knew it was a match when we tasted your food! Your ability and willingness to connect us with the other support vendors in the area were of equal value as it saved us time heartburn and money. We were pleased before you even served at the Wedding. On the Day of the Wedding your staff was Prompt, Professional and so Awesome to guests and other staff.
    People are still talking about the food. Ready on time, Presented with flair and soo good.
    After the event the area was cleaned, leftovers boxed and ready for us to remove from the venue and delicious for the day after Brunch.
    While I shout out your staff for the great work I want to especially recognize Heaven. She helped several of my family all night. Several times they said that thanks to her they were in Heaven! You are the Best!
    Pictures will follow

Ashley · Married on 11/25/2017

You are the BEST!! Your son was the best too!

Thank you so much! Everyone talked about how great the food was! :)

Dana · Married on 11/11/2017

BOOK ANTONIO ! That's all you need to know and you will not be disappointed. Antonio was awesome from Day one. He is personable, prompt, provides many choices, he's creative, a great chef, and runs an amazing business. The tasting he provided for us to taste our menu was a great memory, and will only leave you wanting more of his food. We are still hearing rave reviews about our wedding Menu and how delicious it was. BEST WEDDING FOOD EVER !! And affordable !! If you need a caterer, Antonio and his team are the way to go. His staff is wonderful as well. Thank you Antonio for everything, I will be sure to recommend you and your team to everyone I can.

• I

Ione · Married on 10/13/2017

Everything was perfect. Our guests - seriously foodie types - loved everything. Not a single hiccup! Great professional and friendly staff. Would use Antonio's again in a heart beat! Provided a terrific bartender, too!

Stephanie · Married on 09/02/2017

The food was amazing and Antonio and his team were helpful, hardworking, and professional throughout the process. We made a menu together that fit the time of year and amount of people. The tasting was fabulous and I walked into my event with zero worries. They were also respectful and accommodating at the event. I would choose Antonio time and time again! It's worth it.

Joey · Married on 08/26/2017

There is no better caterer in the region. I have been producing events locally for over 20 years and I've never experienced such ease with a caterer-- Antonio makes putting on a major event effortless! Paella for 150 received rave reviews from all guests-- the food quality was only surpassed by taste and presentation. And the entire staff was helpful, friendly and professional. I was so pleased I have already hired him for my next event! Highly recommended.

Theresa · Married on 07/01/2017

We were so happy with Antonio's catering. Not only is his food insanely delicious, but he is also such a great guy to work with. We went with a somewhat Mediterranean-inspired meal for our summer wedding and a paella party for our rehearsal dinner and it was perfect. If you have the opportunity, definitely get his chimmichurri sauce - so good! So many of our guests were telling us how good the food was and we were even able to take the leftovers home to enjoy with our families the next day. Two things stood out to me that I'm not sure another caterer would do. First, the rental ovens we had stopped working while he was preparing and so Antonio ran up and down the barn stairs to use a tiny oven and was able to get all of the roasted veggies done! Second, during our first look, he came out and recorded without us knowing and sent it to us the next day - so thoughtful and special!

linds · Married on 06/17/2017

Antonio was one of the best wedding decisions we made! Antonio and his team put together a delicious family-style dinner for our wedding at Miners Foundry in Nevada City. At one point during our reception, my groom asked me "is this the best food you've ever had at a wedding or are we biased?" Not just great wedding food--- great food food! Antonio uses amazing ingredients and his staff is incredibly professional. Highly recommended!

alina · Married on 06/12/2017

I was so satisfied and happy with Antonio's catering service. The food was delicious, there was plenty. I had so many compliments from guests. His staff was so great especially Gianna. They handled everything perfectly even the unexpected turns. I was so impressed with how smoothly and perfectly everything went. Definitely recommend Antonio's catering to my friends and anyone else.

Sandi · Married on 06/03/2017

Antonio was awesome to work with for our son's wedding at The Empire Mine. Everything he made was first rate and our guests loved the appetizers, amazing dinners, incredible desserts and Sangria too! Antonio helped us out by picking up our wine, beer, etc. order at the local Safeway and helped with various other tasks. His servers were fantastic and very professional. We highly recommend Antonio. He's the best!!

Abby · Married on 03/11/2017

Antonio and his staff were top notch. He was able to make an amazing dinner that fit our theme and our budget. Guests were very impressed with the appetizers, meal and late night snack. My favorite part was tasting the purposed menu prior to the event. It was amazing. At the wedding I do remember eating briefly :) but was able to truly enjoy the meal at that event.
    Another thing I appreciated was how flexible he was. We ended up having him cook his famous paella for our welcome reception. The guests loved it and it was so fun watching him preparing it. Gianna his event coordinator is fabulous. YOU won't be disappointed with the quality, service or price. I plan to use him for all my catering needs in the future.

Nina · Married on 11/19/2016

When it comes to weddings, there is said to be a moment when a bride tries on a wedding dress and just knows it's THE dress. Well, we had THAT moment with Antonio when it came to catering. Everything from presentation to taste was impeccable. We signed our contract then and there.

On our wedding day, their team set up our reception area without a hitch, the service was wonderful, and the food - incredible! Our guests still can't stop talking about it. Antonio also connected us with Gianna from Wild & Lovely Events to plan our wedding.

Save your money and skip the other tastings - just go to his, be blown away, and then book him!

Rebecca · Married on 07/30/2016

Antonio's has catered two weddings for us, both within one year. These weddings were different in style and size, and Antonio made each one so special. We loved the food, the presentation, and the excellent service. Antonio is The Best!

Rebecca · Married on 07/30/2016

Antonio and his staff came through with flying colors on our big day! The food was so amazing and unique - just as we asked for it to be. The flavors, presentation and attention to detail were all on point. I would recommend anyone with a "basic" idea (as I highly doubt they do anything "basic"...) to the most elaborate of menus to get together with Antonio and let him come up with something as fantastic as he did for us. The staff was amazing and very cooperative with last minute requests. These guys rock!

• W

Will · Married on 06/11/2016

I can't say enough good things about Antonio and his crew. We had an outside wedding in June in Nevada City and it was the most amazing day of my life. The venue, the music, the people, my wife (of course) and the food where all spectacular. From the first time meeting with Antonio we had a really good feeling, he was not only very professional, kind and funny but his experience and knowledge were instantly apparent. He was open to all our suggestions, worked with us to create the menu of our dreams and knew what would work and what wouldn't.
    After creating an incredible menu we did a tasting with our family and it was truly one of the better meals we had ever had. When we travel good food is the number one thing we look for in every city, we have dined at many renowned and unknown restaurants and his filet mignon is in my top 3 of all time. Even his vegetarian dish, a take on a wellington, blew me away (I never eat vegetarian but if that was on a menu at a restaurant I would actually order and enjoy it!). He helped us choose the perfect wines to pair with the meal, the day of schedule and all the necessary rentals (our venue came with nothing so we had to rent everything from the chairs, tables to the napkins, if it wasn't for Antonio and I can't imagine how many things we would have forgot/not known to rent).
    When we did the final walk through of the venue he pointed out potential issues with our set up that didn't even affect catering but large issues in general, if he wasn't so busy making delicious food all the time and I would have paid him anything to be our wedding planner too! On the day of his team took on all the work, from place settings to cocktail hour set up to pouring champagne. We had messed up our table assignments but his team worked through the issue and none of our guests even knew about the problem. To this day our guests are still talking about that food. I can't express my gratitude for Antonio and would highly recommend him to everybody!