Antonio Ayestaran Custom Catering Reviews

Antonio Ayestaran Custom Catering 5
Antonio Ayestaran Custom Catering 6
Antonio Ayestaran Custom Catering 7

Ali Doerr · Married on 05/26/2019

Amazing service & delicious food!!!

Choosing the perfect wedding caterer was an important decision for my husband and I. His one request was that we had a wholesome meal that made him, and his family full and satisfied. Antonio and his team accomplished that, and more! Since my husband and I are both vegetarian, we requested a dish that our guests (many who never have a meal without meat) would also enjoy. Antonio created an amazing veggie and cheese lasagna, butternut squash raviolis, 2 amazing salads, rustic potatoes, grilled veggies and rolls that had all of our guests in awe...and very full. On top of the incredible food, Antonio brought along with him an outstanding staff who helped make sure our event went off without a hitch. Our venue required a room flip, and they did the job quicker then I thought possible. At the end of the night they even helped our wedding coordinator with a few cleanup tasks, which was not expected, but greatly appreciated! Our entire wedding Antonio’s staff stayed professional and very polite to our guests. I truly hope we have the opportunity to enjoy Antonio’s cooking again!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Kristal · Married on 05/18/2019

Worth every penny

I started the search for a caterer by looking up prices. Antonio did not have prices online and wanted to do an interview over the phone before giving me a quote. I didn’t really want to take the time for that but he used the things we talked about to put together the perfect menu for my wedding and that menu was the reason I booked him. I added on a dessert bar later which was an incredible array of bite sized treats that Antonio selected. At the last minute I also added on a late night Mac and cheese bar which was a complete hit! Everyone enjoyed every single thing they prepared.

Sent on 06/07/2019

Nicholas · Married on 05/04/2019

Excellent job

Antonio and his team were wonderful! I had a quirky idea of doing southern comfort food and he came up with an absolutely amazing menu (including fried pickles and mini chicken and waffles)! Our guests said it was the best wedding food they had ever had. Everything went off without a hitch. All the wait staff were excellent and kind, and made sure the wedding party always had plenty of food and appetizers - even during the family photos. He made our day so easy and wonderful, can’t recommend him enough!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Caitlin Lacey · Married on 05/04/2019

Antonio is AMAZING!!!

If you are getting married in Nevada City/Grass Valley, run, don't walk to hire Antonio and his team. He is professional, down to earth, and makes outstanding food. His event coordinator, Amy was super friendly and helpful as well. Antonio worked with us to stay in budget so we could feed our large family and everyone raved about the food. Still dreaming about his guacamole...simply the best!

Sent on 08/25/2019

Meredith · Married on 02/22/2019

the very best!

Antonio was the absolute perfect choice for our wedding reception. He knew our venue (Miners Foundry) well, so we trusted his expertise for so many aspects besides the food, and I am incredibly happy with how everything turned out. His staff was incredible, the service was noticeably superior to so many weddings we have attended, even our guests noticed and commented on it. We didn't have a day-of coordinator, but we didn't need one with his professionalism, and ability to collaborate with all our other vendors. The food was by far the best food at any wedding I have ever had, and MANY of our guests said the same thing. To have the food be that memorable at an event like ours, with 200+ people, is no easy feat, but they pulled it off with perfection. I truly hope I have occasion to experience his food again, and it was truly a highlight of our special day.

Sent on 04/11/2019

Ashlyn · Married on 12/29/2018

If he's available, hire him

Simply put, Antonio was amazing -- responsive, professional and a fantastic chef. We were out-of-towners planning our wedding in Nevada City, and he couldn't have made it more easy. Our guests raved about the food and everything went seamlessly. Thanks Antonio!

Sent on 01/30/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 10/13/2018

The most frequent compliment we received

By far the most frequent compliment we received was on our wedding food. It looked and tasted amazing, and was perfectly selected for the season. Working with Antonio was also such a pleasure! He was quick to respond to any emails, helped us place our rental orders, offered a comfortable and delicious tasting, and was a wonderful presence on the wedding day!

Sent on 12/27/2018
    Antonio Ayestaran Custom Catering 14
    Antonio Ayestaran Custom Catering 15
  • Diana

Diana · Married on 09/28/2018

Stop reading and BOOK ANTONIO!

If I personally knew anyone getting married soon I would be telling them they need to reach out to Antonio Ayesteran Custom Catering. Antonio and his team are seriously incredible! I feel like it says something that in all of the chaos of our wedding, I noticed how friendly and attentive each and every member of his team was. And the food is delicious! After we had our tasting ~a year before the wedding, every so often it would come up in conversation that we couldn't wait to eat his food again. The night of our wedding, the food was just as good as it was at our tasting, which I can't help but find impressive with a buffet setup! We got plenty of comments about how great everything was as we made the rounds to visit our guests' tables, which for me was the perfect final sign we had made an excellent choice. Seriously, you will not regret it - Reach out and see if he's available!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Joey · Married on 08/11/2018

Holy mackerel, Antonio’s food was delicious! It was better and fresher than food you could get in a great restaurant, but it wasn’t even cooked at our venue, since the kitchen was too small! His staff was also so kind and attentive! When my wife and I were off taking a quick break away after the ceremony, during cocktail hour, they brought us drinks and appetizers! It was such a nice touch. I can barely say enough good things about Antonio and his staff and his food. We would not hesitate to hire him again for a function that needed catering or to recommend him to our friends or family. Antonio, we learned at our tasting, used to win awards for his cooking and work in fast-paced, high-end restaurants in the bay area, but he wanted to be a more active dad so he just does catering and sets his own schedule now. He and his company is a true gem for Nevada County!

Sent on 09/22/2018

Jennifer · Married on 06/14/2018

Antonio was so awesome! When my husband and i started looking for caterers, he was our first trial. Everything was amazing and we booked him for our wedding that same day!! We never second guessed our decision. From that day on everything went smoothly. He was awesome to work with and helped us plan a vegetarian buffet for our guests. Most of our guests are meat eaters, but we got no complaints that there wasn't any meat options! As vegetarians we couldn't see ourselves paying for meat, but Antonio made that so easy for us with a delicious vegetarian menu! We had a lot of compliments on our food!! I would HIGHLY recommend Antonio's catering. His staff was awesome and they helped our day flow without a flaw. Booking Antonio was one of the easiest decisions we had made while wedding planning. Antonio and his staff go above and beyond!! Stop looking and book him already!!!!!

Sent on 08/13/2018
    Antonio Ayestaran Custom Catering 16
  • TracySmith

Tracy · Married on 06/02/2018

Antonio is a total pleasure to work with-we planned together over a year. He is as wonderful as his food - which was spectacular. Many of our guests said it was the best food they'd ever eaten. They were bowled over by the courtesy, friendliness and efficiency of the catering staff. They worked hard to make sure everyone had food and drinks filled all the time, and made sure we didn't have to worry over anything, they took care of any issues that came up so we didn't have to do a thing but enjoy our day. Antonio and his staff were the best part of our wedding and I would recommend him for any event without hesitation.

Sent on 06/13/2018

Kristin · Married on 06/01/2018

Antonio is AMAZING! We could not have been happier with our experience. It was a debate for us on which vendor to go with for our wedding food purely because of cost and I will tell you the saying could not be more true with Antonio that you get what you pay for. He is worth every penny!! Not only is his food delicious he is also a wonderful person to work with. Antonio is responsive, kind, and someone you not only enjoy working with but enjoy spending time with. The staff he brought for our wedding we could also give all of the same compliments.

We highly recommend Antonio and his crab cakes! You will not be disappointed with either : )

Sent on 06/13/2018

Dan · Married on 05/25/2018

First and foremost, Antonio's food is absolutely excellent. We gave him a general guideline of "California fresh" for the theme of our food and we were not disappointed on our tasting day. Every single salad, starter and entree we had was top notch and even more impressively, he replicated that taste and quality when serving nearly 180 people for our wedding. Beyond the excellent flavors, Antonio and his caterers are a joy to work with. He helped us with getting rental equipment and made us feel confident in every decision related to feeding and entertaining our guests. On the day of, he and his crew kept the trays passed and the plates and glasses filled. He even made sure that the busy bride and groom were fed! We had so many compliments about how great the food was, the least that we could do is write this glowing review. Thank you Antonio, we're now looking for an excuse to throw a big party again just to have your food.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Carrie · Married on 05/05/2018

They are truly the best there is. Food was absolutely amazing, staff was very professional, they even gave us a tasting that was a full course meal and allowed us to bring our parents for the tasting. Antonio is such a great guy and he takes pride in what he does. Better food than any restaurant in all of Nevada County by far. They went above and beyond to make our special day as great as it was.

Sent on 05/10/2018

Laureb · Married on 03/10/2018

Loved Antonio Ayestaran Catering!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Tracy · Married on 03/03/2018

Antonio and his team are 5 stars! Every year they cater our event. They are truly a delight-- professional, friendly, on time, and the appetizers and desserts always look and taste amazing!

Sent on 04/25/2018
    Antonio Ayestaran Custom Catering 17
    Antonio Ayestaran Custom Catering 18

Mark · Married on 01/13/2018

My Son and New Wife engaged your team. We knew it was a match when we tasted your food! Your ability and willingness to connect us with the other support vendors in the area were of equal value as it saved us time heartburn and money. We were pleased before you even served at the Wedding. On the Day of the Wedding your staff was Prompt, Professional and so Awesome to guests and other staff.
    People are still talking about the food. Ready on time, Presented with flair and soo good.
    After the event the area was cleaned, leftovers boxed and ready for us to remove from the venue and delicious for the day after Brunch.
    While I shout out your staff for the great work I want to especially recognize Heaven. She helped several of my family all night. Several times they said that thanks to her they were in Heaven! You are the Best!
    Pictures will follow

Sent on 01/16/2018

Ashley · Married on 11/25/2017

You are the BEST!! Your son was the best too!

Thank you so much! Everyone talked about how great the food was! :)

Sent on 12/15/2017

Dana · Married on 11/11/2017

BOOK ANTONIO ! That's all you need to know and you will not be disappointed. Antonio was awesome from Day one. He is personable, prompt, provides many choices, he's creative, a great chef, and runs an amazing business. The tasting he provided for us to taste our menu was a great memory, and will only leave you wanting more of his food. We are still hearing rave reviews about our wedding Menu and how delicious it was. BEST WEDDING FOOD EVER !! And affordable !! If you need a caterer, Antonio and his team are the way to go. His staff is wonderful as well. Thank you Antonio for everything, I will be sure to recommend you and your team to everyone I can.

Sent on 11/03/2017
  • I

Ione · Married on 10/13/2017

Everything was perfect. Our guests - seriously foodie types - loved everything. Not a single hiccup! Great professional and friendly staff. Would use Antonio's again in a heart beat! Provided a terrific bartender, too!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Stephanie · Married on 09/02/2017

The food was amazing and Antonio and his team were helpful, hardworking, and professional throughout the process. We made a menu together that fit the time of year and amount of people. The tasting was fabulous and I walked into my event with zero worries. They were also respectful and accommodating at the event. I would choose Antonio time and time again! It's worth it.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Joey · Married on 08/26/2017

There is no better caterer in the region. I have been producing events locally for over 20 years and I've never experienced such ease with a caterer-- Antonio makes putting on a major event effortless! Paella for 150 received rave reviews from all guests-- the food quality was only surpassed by taste and presentation. And the entire staff was helpful, friendly and professional. I was so pleased I have already hired him for my next event! Highly recommended.

Sent on 08/30/2017

Theresa · Married on 07/01/2017

We were so happy with Antonio's catering. Not only is his food insanely delicious, but he is also such a great guy to work with. We went with a somewhat Mediterranean-inspired meal for our summer wedding and a paella party for our rehearsal dinner and it was perfect. If you have the opportunity, definitely get his chimmichurri sauce - so good! So many of our guests were telling us how good the food was and we were even able to take the leftovers home to enjoy with our families the next day. Two things stood out to me that I'm not sure another caterer would do. First, the rental ovens we had stopped working while he was preparing and so Antonio ran up and down the barn stairs to use a tiny oven and was able to get all of the roasted veggies done! Second, during our first look, he came out and recorded without us knowing and sent it to us the next day - so thoughtful and special!

Sent on 09/04/2017

linds · Married on 06/17/2017

Antonio was one of the best wedding decisions we made! Antonio and his team put together a delicious family-style dinner for our wedding at Miners Foundry in Nevada City. At one point during our reception, my groom asked me "is this the best food you've ever had at a wedding or are we biased?" Not just great wedding food--- great food food! Antonio uses amazing ingredients and his staff is incredibly professional. Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/18/2017

alina · Married on 06/12/2017

I was so satisfied and happy with Antonio's catering service. The food was delicious, there was plenty. I had so many compliments from guests. His staff was so great especially Gianna. They handled everything perfectly even the unexpected turns. I was so impressed with how smoothly and perfectly everything went. Definitely recommend Antonio's catering to my friends and anyone else.

Sent on 05/03/2017