1065 Pookela Rd Building A, Makawao, HI 96768 Map · Phone number

About Amy Jayne Photography

I'm Amy, my photography has been described as emotive, heartfelt and artistic. I love to create earthy and unique images and sprinkle a little magic in them. I want get to know my couples and document their love story in a deep and truly meaningful way.

I photograph everything from adventurous elopements at hidden waterfalls to luxury weddings at large venues. As long as you're wildly in love, and ready to party I'm your gal!

I'm intuitive, caring, and a helper, so on the day you'll catch me going with the flow, documenting moments as they unfold, and I'll only pose you in the most natural way (promise!) I'll also be by your side to carry your tissues, pick leaves off your dress and hand you a drink when you need it most!

If you want someone who will pose you heavily, and only capture the 'best' or 'planned' moments then I might not be the photographer for you. The best way for me to tell your story is to get to the nitty gritty, and be present through everything. If you want someone who will capture your day exactly as it is, with all the perfect and imperfect moments...then lets do it!

I'm based on the island of Maui but available for travel throughout the Hawaiian islands and beyond.

Amy XO

Amy Jayne Photography 6
Amy Jayne Photography 7
  • Kelley

Kelley Mulvey · Married on 07/04/2019

Married on top of Mt Haleakala at Sunrise!

My husband and I eloped on Maui on July 4th on top of Haleakala in Maui at sunrise! We had only our officiant, Chrissy Kapoor, and the wonderful Amy Jayne as our witnesses. It was a real team effort! Amy met us around 3:30AM and we drove up to the summit at dawn. We spent about 30-45 minutes with Amy shooting images right before and then as the sun started to peak over the clouds. The sky was MAGICAL. No wind, and not even cold, it was the perfect day and perfect setting. Amy took charge and had us posing to bang out as many pics as we could considering the timeline with the sun rising. She did an amazing job capturing our emotions and raw natural photos in addition to everything we told her we wanted (ie, looking out at the sunrise, appearing on top of the clouds, with props, pulling over unexpectedly etc) - she even brought props of her own! We felt totally in sync with Amy and were SO glad we hired her.

Amy spent another hour with us, after the ceremony at Haleakala, and then also agreed to come to our hotel, the Wailea Beach Resort, right before sunset that same day so we could get beach and sunset photos as well. Which was SO nice of her to do, and atypical to shoot two locations like that. We couldn't have picked a better photographer or partner for our special day!! From the first conversation I could tell she was down to earth, flexible, friendly and very experienced. Especially considering we had an unusual location, at sunrise, and not your typical sunset beach shoot. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Amy, regardless of your location. Check out our photos!

Thank you AMY!

Amy Jayne Photography 15
    Amy Jayne Photography 16
    Amy Jayne Photography 17

Amber · Married on 10/04/2018

Amy is simply amazing. We booked her for our engagement session on Maui, and she was up for a jungle/waterfall adventure! She led us down the path and captured a lot of different poses and also put a lot of variety into the photos, setting us up with multiple different backgrounds within our hike (waterfall, bamboo forest, rocks, etc). What really sealed the deal for us is how easy she made it. We are both extremely awkward when posing for photos, since we are generally pretty private people and to us, showing our extreme love for each other in front of a stranger is difficult - but Amy sensed this and gave us amazing direction. She guided us with different poses, told us exactly where to stand when we had no idea, and gave us a lot of tips to make us look better in the photos (stand up straight, tilt a bit to the left, etc). We just found her really refreshing and she is worth every penny. She gave us a peek at some of the photos she took while we were out, and even without editing, her equipment and most importantly, her ability to capture natural light, are just 110% awesome. We booked her for our wedding too which will be on Maui in October 2018. :)

Sent on 05/26/2017

Hanah · Married on 07/14/2018

Let me tell you what an amazing photographer Amy is! We live in Wyoming and we were going to Maui for our wedding on the beach and we needed to find a photographer. I was able to view Amy's galleries online and chat with her before deciding on booking her. She was very good at communicating and accommodating our requests. Everything went off without a hitch throughout the whole process! During our wedding and after shoots, Amy was able to create some truly amazing photos that we will cherish forever! She truly captures the beauty in every photo. All the photos were breathtaking and high-quality. If you are looking for a fun, easy going, yet super professional - please choose Amy as your Maui photographer!

Sent on 06/20/2018
    Amy Jayne Photography 18
    Amy Jayne Photography 19
    Amy Jayne Photography 20
    Amy Jayne Photography 21

Amy Jayne Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 1,400.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Add'l Hours, High-Res Images, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date, Thank You Cards

• 1065 Pookela Rd Building A, Building A Makawao, HI, 96768 See on map