1611 Amy Ct., Dubuque, IA 52002 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 24

About Alexxus Entertainment

I've always been a fan of music. My earliest recollection of listening to top 40 tunes was when I was just a child, listening to Al Sampson during the evening hours on 1490, WDBQ, on a dial tuned uni-speaker radio. Gary Puckett and the Union Gap, The Supremes and The Association were the chart toppers back then,

A few years later I was listening to Casey Casem and the American Top 40 every Sunday afternoon. I would record my favorite songs on a cassette player and make my own, personal top ten favorites list each week. In High School I had a classmate who got hired to spin tunes at a local bar on the weekends (drinking age was 18 back then, so it was perfectly legit). "How do you get into that," I asked? As a freshman in college I began a conversation with a fellow English student and discovered that he was the weekend DJ for the Ala Ka Zazz, the new nightspot and our towns first ever disco. "Why would he be going to college when he has the coolest job in town?" I thought.

I asked DJs at weddings I attended on how to get in the business, actually applied at a company and never heard a thing. It was not until just after a year of marriage and my wife and I were expecting child number one that we thought: diapers, bottles, daycare, mmm, maybe one of us should look into getting a part-time job. The next day I looked in the Help Wanted section of the newspaper and there it was: Local company seeks Disc Jockeys for Private Parties. So it began . . . .

I've always been a fan of making a difference, whether it was being part of our local ambassador club for awhile, serving on the PTO at our children's school or helping with a fundraiser. I'm fotunate enough to have a group of guys that feel exactly like I do so the two worlds collide at every wedding we do, It's where we get to exercise our passion and make someone a memory that will last a lifetime.

What will your memories be?

Follow Alexxus Entertainment on

Alexxus Entertainment 7
  • Lavonne

Lavonne Noel · Married on 08/10/2019

Awesome Wedding DJ!

DJ Bob was absolutely AWESOME at my daughter’s wedding in August. He did an outstanding job, he made the evening flow really well, he kept the dance floor full with happy guests and we all felt completely comfortable and confident with him. Many guests commented that he was the best wedding DJ they had ever experienced. Thanks so much!

Sent on 09/26/2019

Kawdrh11302018 · Married on 11/30/2018

Best DJs in Dubuque

Having Alexxus as our wedding DJ was the best decision! Mike was amazing to work with and kept the party going all night!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Thanks, Katherine. That Bachelor Party Mash-up was the Best!
    Have a great Holiday season as the New Mr. AND Mrs. !!

Jodi · Married on 11/24/2018

So entertaining at our wedding and kept our guests on the dance floor the entire night!

We had the best experience with Mike from Alexxus Entertainment. I live 3 hours away so he met with me through FaceTime to go over my wedding day timeline. He had some of the best suggestions and creative ideas regarding special touches for our wedding day that I would have NEVER thought of myself. He really listened to what I wanted and helped remind me that this day is about my soon-to-be husband and me, not anyone else, so I need to do what I want to do to make this day special for us. He was open to trying new things and going against the traditional wedding traditions. He helped me make a lot of decisions that I wasn't sure about just by the questions he asked. Mike really knows his stuff and after I met with him, I felt so much better about my wedding day timeline b/c he helped me get a better sense of how the day will go. He was so entertaining at our wedding and kept our guests on the dance floor the entire night! We had so many compliments after our wedding!!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

I was worried a seven-hour reception may be too long for your guests ....... I was wrong. :-) Thanks for having me. It was so much fun being a part of your wedding

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Alexxus Entertainment FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 695.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 895.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Country, Electronic, Hip Hop, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock
  • What services do you offer? Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, Video Projection
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Flat Screen, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

• Red Heels Wedding & Event Design
    Red Heels Wedding & Event Design Wedding Planners

Mike is clearly a veteran in the entertainment industry! FUN, reliable and is always up-to-date on the current wedding trends.

• Inside Decor Rental
    Inside Decor Rental Wedding Rentals

Mike with Alexxus Entertainment did our wedding and did a FANTASTIC job! Thank you for having all of the music we wanted, being professional, and being fun! Lisa Graff

• Seeley photography Wedding Photographers

Mike is wonderful to work with and very professional!

• 1611 Amy Ct. Dubuque, 52002 See on map