Alexxus Entertainment

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$1,190 Most Popular Price

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$1,190 Most Popular Price

I've always been a fan of music. My earliest recollection of listening to top 40 tunes was when I was just a child, listening to Al Sampson during the evening hours on 1490, WDBQ, on a dial tuned uni-speaker radio. Gary Puckett and the Union Gap, The Supremes and The Association were the chart toppers back then,

A few years later I was listening to Casey Casem and the American Top 40 every Sunday afternoon. I would record my favorite songs on a cassette player and make my own, personal top ten favorites list each week. In High School I had a classmate who got hired to spin tunes at a local bar on the weekends (drinking age was 18 back then, so it was perfectly legit). "How do you get into that," I asked? As a freshman in college I began a conversation with a fellow English student and discovered that he was the weekend DJ for the Ala Ka Zazz, the new nightspot and our towns first ever disco. "Why would he be going to college when he has the coolest job in town?" I thought.

I asked DJs at weddings I attended on how to get in the business, actually applied at a company and never heard a thing. It was not until just after a year of marriage and my wife and I were expecting child number one that we thought: diapers, bottles, daycare, mmm, maybe one of us should look into getting a part-time job. The next day I looked in the Help Wanted section of the newspaper and there it was: Local company seeks Disc Jockeys for Private Parties. So it began . . . .

I've always been a fan of making a difference, whether it was being part of our local ambassador club for awhile, serving on the PTO at our children's school or helping with a fundraiser. I'm fotunate enough to have a group of guys that feel exactly like I do so the two worlds collide at every wedding we do, It's where we get to exercise our passion and make someone a memory that will last a lifetime.

What will your memories be?

What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?

$995

What is included in the starting price?

Sound/PA System

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$1,190

What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?

Microphones

What is the starting price for uplighting?

$100

What music genres do you specialize in?

Country
Electronic
Hip Hop
Oldies
Pop
R&B/Soul
Rock

What services do you offer?

Do-Not-Play List
MC

What additional equipment do you offer?

Flat Screen
Projector
illustration question

Do you have additional questions?

Message vendor

• Maggie
    Maggie M. Married on 01/22/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Our wedding reception was amazing!

Mike was an absolute pleasure to work with! He made sure to cater to us to make our big day everything we wanted and more! From the ceremony, to cocktail hour, to the reception, Mike kept the day flowing and the music going. From the first song to the last, we constantly had people out on the dance floor partying with us! Highly recommend using Alexxus Entertainment for your big day or any event!

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Maggie and Ben. There's something about a winter wedding that I love. Enjoy your honeymoon (I'm sure you'll enjoy the warmer weather.
    Melissa J. Married on 11/19/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I can't recommend them enough!!

Mike and Steve were phenomenal in every way. We weren't planning on having a DJ at our wedding reception, but decided to add them last minute. They took the time to get to know us, talk about our hopes for the evening and walked us through the basics. I cannot recommend their services enough as they truly helped us have a relaxed, fun, reception that created small, special moments we'll hold onto forever!!

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

I really tried to talk Steve into taking his saxophone bur he did not want to seem like he was trying to take the spotlight.
    Thanks for having us Melissa.
  • Kristen
    Kristen Married on 10/23/2021

Fantastic music and Fun!

Mike with Alexxus was amazing to work with. The online planner was easy to use and we had so much fun at our reception! Everyone complimented the music throughout the reception!

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

It was great fun being a part of your reception, Kristen. Loved David's Dead Pool mask :-) Thanks again for including me as part of your wedding day.
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Message vendor

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Real Weddings

• Abby & George
    29 photos 路 04/20/2019

Red Heels Wedding & Event Design Red Heels Wedding & Event Design Wedding Planners

Mike is clearly a veteran in the entertainment industry! FUN, reliable and is always up-to-date on the current wedding trends.

Inside Decor Rental Inside Decor Rental Wedding Rentals

Mike with Alexxus Entertainment did our wedding and did a FANTASTIC job! Thank you for having all of the music we wanted, being professional, and being fun! Lisa Graff

Seeley photography Seeley photography Wedding Photographers

Mike is wonderful to work with and very professional!

1611 Amy Ct. Dubuque, 52002
Location of (Alexxus Entertainment)

Other vendors in Cedar Rapids for your wedding