Alexxus Entertainment Reviews

98 | Dubuque, IA

98 Reviews for Alexxus Entertainment

Kimberly Holtzman · Getting married on 06/12/2021

Highly Recommend!!

They were very friendly, helpful and flexible. They met every request we inquired about

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Kimberly. Happy New Year - and Happy Anniversary - to John and you!! Best wishes for the coming year,

Katrina Clancy · Married on 05/29/2020

Covid cancelled our wedding

Working with this venue was Amazing during this difficult time. Covid cancelled our wedding as it was in May and everything was still shut down. This was one of the few vendors we used who worked with us and understood that Cancelling our wedding was not only the last thing we wanted to do, but also out of our control. The date we picked was special to us so we got married with less than 10 people in our backyard and I’m just so grateful to this company for their understanding and consideration.

Sent on 06/05/2020

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Welcome to the marriage club Katrina and Thai. Sorry things did not work out as planned but in the end you married the one you love. :-)

Karin Kragenbrink · Married on 12/07/2019

Amazing DJ

The music was awesome and kept people on the dance floor all night

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for having us Karin. Best wishes with the move and enjoy Kaelene's new little one!! (No spoiling the baby!!)

Mercedes · Married on 10/19/2019

The dance floor was full

Mike did a great job keeping the crowd on the dance floor for our wedding. Was a blast and easy to communicate with.

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Mercedes. It was an honor being part of your wedding day!! And I want to give a shout out to Dekker and his staff at DBQ Tech for getting my laptop up and going again so quickly just a month after your wedding. :-)
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/12/2019

Wonderful People

They were absolutely amazing! Our dance floor was never empty and our family and friends still talk about how much fun the reception was.

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Sarah. We loved the pictures that your photographer put out on Facebook. All the best to Kate and you!

Michelle Petty · Married on 10/12/2019

The Best Day Ever

Michael, with Alexxus Entertainment did a phenomenal job! He was so organized, kept the dance floor full the whole night and helped us stay on schedule! Amazing job!

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

it was so much fun being a part of your wedding Michele. Thank you for having us be a part of it!! Have a great 2020.
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 10/10/2019

Really gets people moving!

Mike did amazing! I'm a bride who never dances, like not even at my high school prom. He played all the songs I had on my request form, and he totally understood what type of music me and my guests wanted to hear! I was dancing like crazy! So much fun! I definitely recommend!!!

Sent on 10/20/2019

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

It may have been a little rainy but that did not seem to dampen the mood Mary. thank you for the kind words and for having us be a part of your wedding day!

Sarah Humpal · Married on 09/28/2019

Highly recommend!

Alexxus Entertainment made our wedding reception! Mike was very professional and quick to respond to any question we had. On our wedding day, he provided a memorable walk out experience for the entire wedding party and kept everyone on the dance floor all night. 10/10 experience!

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Sarah! I knew from the moment that I met Dylan and you that this was going to be one fun night. Best wishes to you in your new home!

Samantha Kretschmer · Married on 09/21/2019

A great time!

Mike and his crew were so great to work with. They listened to exactly what we wanted. The entertainment was spot on and everyone had a great time!!

• Alaytra + Brandan

Alaytra Hingtgen · Married on 09/14/2019

Hands down our favorite vendor

Our wedding day was 9-14 and I just wanted to take a moment to thank our wedding DJ..

We hired Alexxus Entertainment to be a part of our day and from the beginning Michael “mike” was absolutely outstanding. The first meeting he had me in tears from all the awesome ideas that would make our day even more special to us. As soon as we got in the car we knew we wanted to book with his company but also wanted mike to be part of our day.
    Mike has a passion for what he does and it completely showed when he was at our wedding. His goal was not only to get and keep the dance floor packed but also to help us create memories through the music we played that night.. we sure do have some good ones!
    Being a bride was/is super stressful and picking your vendors is one of the toughest things. Mike was hands down one of my favorite vendors I got to work with. My husband and I can’t thank him enough for everything he did ! If you guys are looking for a DJ make sure to give him a call!

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Wow! thank you for so many kind words Alli. It was such an honor and to be part of your day - and I loved your ceremony location. Also: Tell your officiant [Danielle] that she should do more weddings because she does a really good job.
  • Shelby

Shelby · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing to work with

This company was incredibly easy to work with and tried to accommodate all of our requests for our reception. We had the opportunity to work with 2 members of the company. In most cases this would create a lot of miscommunication, but this was not the case with Alexxus Entertainment, since they communicated with us and each other constantly. Mike was really great to work with when handling logistics and payment, while Bob worked with us on the day-of schedule and specific music. My only 1 suggestion for improvement is to go over everything just more time before the big day. We had a mix up on reception entrance in which a couple of our bridesmaids and groomsmen had to swap partners, and then there were a few announcements in which a reminder was needed, but it went really well overall and again the company was just amazing to work with!

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the tip Shelby. Bob and I will visit this a bit. as Marshall field once said You cannot improve until your customers tell you what they want improved (or something like that).
    I hope the store is going wonderful for Scottie.

Kayla wienen · Married on 09/07/2019

Memorable moments

Great people to work with and have great ideas would recommend them to anyone looking for a great experience and memorable moments to be made from music

Jakeandmegan Fiedler · Married on 08/17/2019

Kept the party going

These guys came in, set all their stuff up and provided amazing sound for the wedding. Come reception time these guys got the party going and kept it going! We had 30 people on the dance floor almost the whole time. We’re still getting compliments on our wedding and people telling us about the amazing time they had.

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Jake - and Happy New Year to Megan and you! It was a pleasure to be a part of your Big Day! - Mike
  • Lavonne

Lavonne Noel · Married on 08/10/2019

Awesome Wedding DJ!

DJ Bob was absolutely AWESOME at my daughter’s wedding in August. He did an outstanding job, he made the evening flow really well, he kept the dance floor full with happy guests and we all felt completely comfortable and confident with him. Many guests commented that he was the best wedding DJ they had ever experienced. Thanks so much!

Sent on 09/26/2019

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

We're humbled by such nice words Lavonne. Thank you for having us and i'm crossing my fingers we get to see you at Best Fest again this year.

Katie · Married on 07/20/2019

Alexxus is Amazing!

Everyone told us how incredible our music was at our reception. Mike and his team are wonderful! Highly recommend them to anyone getting married in Dubuque or the surrounding area. We also used them for our ceremony!

Sent on 01/08/2020

Brittany Frommelt · Married on 07/19/2019

He did amazing!

I would recommend him for sure

Kaitlyn Behnke · Married on 07/13/2019

Phenomenal experience

Played music that everyone danced to all night long

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Many thanks to Justin and you for having me be a part of the festivities Kaitlyn. Also thanks for the referral (Kyle and Kylie).. I appreciate your confidence in us :-)

Lynn Miller · Married on 07/05/2019

Highly Recommend!

We were so happy we chose Alexxus Entertainment for our wedding reception. They were extremely professional and gave great advice in the planning process. Their experience was evident and their advice was greatly appreciated.

Sent on 12/31/2019

Brie Burnett · Married on 06/07/2019

100% Recommend Alexxus Entertainment

We could not have been happier with Alexxus Entertainment! A great DJ was at the top of our priority list when wedding planning and we found the best with Mike from Alexxus. Fun and easy to work with, great communication up to the day and made sure our reception was unique to us. Kept everyone on the dance floor all night and played music our guests of all ages enjoyed. Our friends and family are still talking about how much fun they had! Highly recommend.

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Brie. I Loved that grand entrance coming down the stairs. Best toast by a priest I have ever seen as well!! {I wish there was a laugh emoji here}.

Hannah Harrington · Married on 04/13/2019

April Wedding

We used Alexxus for both ceremony music and reception. They were very professional and easy to work with. The ceremony music was perfect and they helped to keep the reception flowing g between speeches and everything else. The dance floor was full all night and everyone continues to tell us that we had the most fun wedding ever. Thank you Alexxus Entertainment!

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Thnks for such kind words and thanks for including so many pictures of the wonderful time everyone had Hannah.

Kawdrh11302018 · Married on 11/30/2018

Best DJs in Dubuque

Having Alexxus as our wedding DJ was the best decision! Mike was amazing to work with and kept the party going all night!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Thanks, Katherine. That Bachelor Party Mash-up was the Best!
    Have a great Holiday season as the New Mr. AND Mrs. !!

Jodi · Married on 11/24/2018

So entertaining at our wedding and kept our guests on the dance floor the entire night!

We had the best experience with Mike from Alexxus Entertainment. I live 3 hours away so he met with me through FaceTime to go over my wedding day timeline. He had some of the best suggestions and creative ideas regarding special touches for our wedding day that I would have NEVER thought of myself. He really listened to what I wanted and helped remind me that this day is about my soon-to-be husband and me, not anyone else, so I need to do what I want to do to make this day special for us. He was open to trying new things and going against the traditional wedding traditions. He helped me make a lot of decisions that I wasn't sure about just by the questions he asked. Mike really knows his stuff and after I met with him, I felt so much better about my wedding day timeline b/c he helped me get a better sense of how the day will go. He was so entertaining at our wedding and kept our guests on the dance floor the entire night! We had so many compliments after our wedding!!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

I was worried a seven-hour reception may be too long for your guests ....... I was wrong. :-) Thanks for having me. It was so much fun being a part of your wedding

Alaina · Married on 10/13/2018

Bob with Alexxus Entertainment is the definition of professional. He made sure to make it all about the guests having a good time and played the PERFECT music that kept everyone on the dance floor all night long. We had multiple comments about how great DJ Bob was. He made it a dance party to remember! 20/10 recommend.

Sent on 10/10/2018

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Your kind words blow us away Alaina. Thank you!!

Chelsea · Married on 10/13/2018

Very professional and amazing to work with

Michael was very easy to work with and so nice! Bob made sure our reception was perfect and kept the dance floor full all night. Will be recommending to all in the future!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much for having us Chelsea. Enjoy the road ahead. Does eric ever want to get back into the DJ World?

Jeremy · Married on 10/06/2018

Easy to work with and always available to answer questions. They really seem to care about your special day and want to make it amazing!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Thanks, Jeremy. I had a chance to run into Stephanie between the weddings and she told me your day was going fantastic. I'm glad we were able to be a part of it.