Alexxus Entertainment Reviews

Alexxus Entertainment 6
Alexxus Entertainment 7

Kawdrh11302018 · Married on 11/30/2018

Best DJs in Dubuque

Having Alexxus as our wedding DJ was the best decision! Mike was amazing to work with and kept the party going all night!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Thanks, Katherine. That Bachelor Party Mash-up was the Best!
    Have a great Holiday season as the New Mr. AND Mrs. !!

Jodi · Married on 11/24/2018

So entertaining at our wedding and kept our guests on the dance floor the entire night!

We had the best experience with Mike from Alexxus Entertainment. I live 3 hours away so he met with me through FaceTime to go over my wedding day timeline. He had some of the best suggestions and creative ideas regarding special touches for our wedding day that I would have NEVER thought of myself. He really listened to what I wanted and helped remind me that this day is about my soon-to-be husband and me, not anyone else, so I need to do what I want to do to make this day special for us. He was open to trying new things and going against the traditional wedding traditions. He helped me make a lot of decisions that I wasn't sure about just by the questions he asked. Mike really knows his stuff and after I met with him, I felt so much better about my wedding day timeline b/c he helped me get a better sense of how the day will go. He was so entertaining at our wedding and kept our guests on the dance floor the entire night! We had so many compliments after our wedding!!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

I was worried a seven-hour reception may be too long for your guests ....... I was wrong. :-) Thanks for having me. It was so much fun being a part of your wedding

Alaina · Married on 10/13/2018

Bob with Alexxus Entertainment is the definition of professional. He made sure to make it all about the guests having a good time and played the PERFECT music that kept everyone on the dance floor all night long. We had multiple comments about how great DJ Bob was. He made it a dance party to remember! 20/10 recommend.

Sent on 10/10/2018

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Your kind words blow us away Alaina. Thank you!!

Chelsea · Married on 10/13/2018

Very professional and amazing to work with

Michael was very easy to work with and so nice! Bob made sure our reception was perfect and kept the dance floor full all night. Will be recommending to all in the future!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much for having us Chelsea. Enjoy the road ahead. Does eric ever want to get back into the DJ World?

Jeremy · Married on 10/06/2018

Easy to work with and always available to answer questions. They really seem to care about your special day and want to make it amazing!

Sent on 11/10/2018

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Thanks, Jeremy. I had a chance to run into Stephanie between the weddings and she told me your day was going fantastic. I'm glad we were able to be a part of it.

Clare · Married on 09/22/2018

Mike and Tim were both wonderful to work with, both leading up to the wedding and the day of. They offered us advice and provided great wedding insight without stepping all over our day; their respectfulness and expertise are surpassed by none! Our guests had a great time (as did we) and the dance floor was always full. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Clare. I’ll pass them on to Tim when he gets back from a well-deserved vacation. I'm glad Brian came out of retirement a bit and lead the shoe game and the anniversary dance. :-)

Tiffany · Married on 09/09/2018

Alexxus Entertainment was wonderful. They are very professional to work with and flexiable with your work schedule. We had the pleasure of having Michael for our DJ and he was wonderful to work with! Our guest stayed on the dance floor all night long with the variety music that was played. We definitely recommend using Alexxus Entertainment for any of your future events!!! Thank you Michael for providing such good service to our guests!!

Sent on 09/26/2018
    Alexxus Entertainment 8
    Alexxus Entertainment 9
    Alexxus Entertainment 10
    Alexxus Entertainment 11

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

It was so much fun being with you on your wedding day Tiffany and Anthony. I can't wait to see the pics of the ceremony and the sunset pics over the Mississippi.

Natalie · Married on 09/08/2018

Bob and Mike were outstanding! So flexible, responsive, professional, and fun! They give you complete control of your day with wonderful suggestions. Alexxus Entertainment really knows what they are doing! Extremely affordable too! We are forever grateful for Bob making our wedding so fun and memorable for us and our guests!!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

It was our pleasure to be a part of your wedding day Natalie. Congrats and enjoy the journey ahead.

Brittany · Married on 09/08/2018

Incredible experience!

Alexxus Entertainment did an absolutely incredible, fantastic, fabulous job at our wedding! We received so many compliments on our DJ and everyone was on the dance floor ALL night! We've been to several weddings who have used Alexxus and have NEVER been disappointed! Thank you, Alexxus, for helping make our wedding reception an incredible experience!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for such kind words, Brittany. It was our pleasure to be part of your wedding day. Enjoy your first Holiday season as Mr. & MRS.!
  • F

Franny · Married on 07/07/2018

We had an amazing experience with Alexxus Entertainment at our wedding reception. Our DJ, Mike, was punctual, professional, and so much fun!
    The dance floor was packed the entire night, and we received so many compliments on what a great time it was. I would recommend Alexxus to anyone for any event!

Sent on 07/17/2018

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Franny. I guess we will be doing your best man's wedding. :-)

Alli · Married on 10/07/2017

Mike, the owner, was awesome from the very beginning. The company itself was recommended to us through our officiant, and I am so glad we chose them! Mike was in town on a business trip and we were able to meet with him in person two different times! Even though he was our original DJ and we ended up having Tim as our event DJ (Mike had a previous engagement) he still worked directly with us and helped to assure that everything was in place! Both Tim and Mike were amazing with communication, answering all of our questions and calling/emailing to make sure that everything was going to go smoothly. Now for the actual day of: Tim did a wonderful job of putting up with me (I was stressed because of the weather) and making decisions about timing and flow. He was so great with the music, too! EVERYONE was on the dance floor almost the entire night! He knew exactly what songs to play and it was just amazing. I could not have asked for a better experience. Thank you so much, we absolutely recommend Alexxus Entertainment!!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for having us Alli - and thanks for being so flexible. Best Wishes in the road and days ahead.

Naomi · Married on 10/07/2017

I can't say enough great things about Alexxus Entertainment. We met with Mike first to go over expectations and what we wanted in a wedding. You can tell these people have years of experience. Alexxus did our ceremony music, reception and lighting. Best value for what you want. Steve was our dj and he was amazing! He had great suggestions and had our dance floor packed the entire night. I got So many compliments about our dj. I will say it again book Alexxus Entertainment you won't have a bad thing to say about them.

Kalyn · Married on 09/30/2017

It was a pleasure having Michael as our DJ at our wedding in September. We loved the ease of his online planner, as it made it very easy to express the types of music we wanted (or didn’t want) to hear. He was very professional and timely.

• Ohheyitscait

Caitlin · Married on 09/23/2017

After our venue, Mike was the first vendor we booked, and after you call him, and I am sure you will after this review, you will know why. He LOVES what he does, and that is very apparent in everything he does. We are a VERY indecisive couple, but he was very patient and always willing to work with us, and change with us. He did our ceremony music and our reception music. We were originally planning on just having an IPAD play music as we walked down the aisle, but now I am very glad that we hired Mike to do our ceremony music. It went much more smoothly because of him. Finally the reception. HOLY COW DID WE HAVE A BLAST. I love to dance, but my family does not. However, due to Mike's energy and excellent reading of the crowd, everyone was up on the dance floor. It was packed all night, even my 90 year old grandma joined in on the fun. He really listened to our requests too. We actually had three sets of wedding crashers from other weddings happening at the venue, who said that our wedding's music was much better than the others. One piece of advice that I do have for working with Mike, if you are looking for really racy music with all of the couples twerking and grinding on each other, he may not be your first choice. He does have club music like, yeah by usher, and get low by lil jon. Rather he provides all kinds of music that everyone can dance to across a diverse range of backgrounds. 10/10 would recommend and hire again. Seriously, call him you will not regret it.

Sent on 09/25/2017

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Being part of your wedding was a pleasure and a blast Caitlin (who knew it would be 90 degrees in late September). Thank you for trusting me to entertain your family and guests.

Lindsey · Married on 09/22/2017

Michael was awesome to work with. He really took the time to get to know my fiancé and myself, making our experience extremely personable. Our guests loved the music and spent the night on the dance floor. Thank you Alexxus Entertainment for making our wedding night one to remember!

Emily · Married on 09/16/2017

We had the privilege of working with Mike and Steve. They were both wonderful to work with! Very accommodating, reassuring, and full of great ideas that made our wedding day such a blast! Mike met with us to make sure he knew exactly what we wanted and took the time to get to know us. It was a smooth transition for Steve to step in and DJ our wedding ceremony and reception. Their music started our party and kept it going all night long! I would highly recommend Alexxus Entertainment to anyone who is getting married.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

We're so glad everything came together just as you had envisioned Emily .... and what a beautiful location to say I DO! THX

Katie · Married on 09/09/2017

We had the best experience with Steve! He has the perfect announcer voice. He ran everything on schedule and made all the announcements we asked for. He played all of our top requested songs, and complimented them with his own choices. The dance floor was packed from the first song to the last. He did not play one dud.

Sent on 09/14/2017

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for such kind words Katie. Here's hoping you have many more memory-filled days in the years ahead!

Gabriela · Married on 08/11/2017

Mike was an absolute pleasure to work with throughout this portion of our wedding planning. The interactive online planner made it easy for my husband and I to add songs for our reception at our own rate without the worry of waiting until last minute! Mike also kept us on track (entrance, toast, cake cutting, first dances, etc.) and communicated with our vendors prior and during our wedding to make sure everyone was on the same page.

Because our wedding was cross-cultural my biggest concern was how to balance two completely different music styles during the reception so all guests would enjoy themselves and feel comfortable. Thankfully Mike was able to seamlessly play all of our requests and had an extensive library of Mexican corridos, cumbias, and classics that kept everyone on their feet all night long! We are so glad we went with Alexxus Entertainment!

Alexxus Entertainment 12
    Alexxus Entertainment 13
    Alexxus Entertainment 14
    Alexxus Entertainment 15
  • Leah

Leah · Married on 07/22/2017

Mike was fabulous! Even before the wedding, I planned a wedding six hours away and although I couldn't arrange a good time to meet in person, he face timed me for our final meeting. My dad was so impressed with Mike saying he interacted with the crowd and was so much better than DJs he'd seen before (my dad has a rather skewed view of DJs because he hasn't seen many good ones). Mike kept the reception timeline flowing, got people out on the dance floor, played music based on what people were responding to AND managed to play our requests. We had such a great time, and I'm so glad we hired Alexxus Entertainment. Definitely the best in the area.

Sent on 07/26/2017

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

It was a joy and an honor to be a part of your one-and-only wedding day Leah. Thanks for having us.

Andrea · Married on 06/10/2017

Great DJ! Everything was super well-organized & professional. Our dance floor was full the entire time!

KALYN · Married on 04/08/2017

Jodi · Married on 12/30/2016

Excellent DJ for any event. We have used him for multiple family weddings etc. Will continue for any upcoming weddings too

Sent on 01/10/2017

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for such kind words Leah. it was a thrill to be a part of your wedding day.

Morgan · Married on 11/26/2016

The only advice I would give is to definitely book Alexxus entertainment! They were incredible! I didn't have to worry about my music at all with them.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for having me Morgan ........ and great job on your creativity. That first dance was one of the best!

Liz · Married on 11/19/2016

Both my husband & I have absolutely NO complaints about Alexxus Entertainment. The entire reception night went incredibly smooth, and Mike and Bob were both very accommodating with all our needs. I have never seen so many people dance the ENTIRE night on the dance floor for a wedding. Everyone had a blast! Best night of my life, hands down!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

It was a pleasure to be part of your journey Liz. Thanks for including us as part of your wedding day :-)

Rachel · Married on 10/08/2016

Mike was outstanding. He was very amenable to what we requested but also played music that all the guests seem to enjoy. We could not have asked for a better DJ!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Alexxus Entertainment's reply:

It was a pleasure to be a part of your day Rachel. THANK YOU!