What's the best makeup for photos?
Ok Guys- this might sound silly but I have a question about makeup. I am taking engagement photos on Sept 6th. I usually use MAC makeup, but I know that they have talc in their compact powders which make your face look white in photographs. Does anyone have a recomendation of good quality makeup that will look flawless in photos?

Married: 05/15/2010
Posted On: Aug 25, 2009 at 10:39 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

29 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»
Aug 25, 2009 at 10:52 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hi Michelle,

I always recommend to my brides to do airbrush makeup. It is lightweight, long-lasting, and flawless. The camera absolutely loves it. It may be a bit more expensive than traditional makeup, but it is well worth it.

Best of luck!!

Married: 05/15/2010
Aug 25, 2009 at 11:03 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
thanks for the heads up! I actually considered it but was a bit turned off by the cost. But I guess you get what you pay for.
Aug 25, 2009 at 11:05 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
just try using a bronzing powder or a shade that is a slight bit darker than your usual base. also, i swear by smashbox cosmetics for my fashion shoots.

Laura K images

Laura K Images
Aug 26, 2009 at 12:44 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I find that using good foundation primer really smooths out the pores for photos and makes the foundation last longer. then POWDER POWDER POWDER to keep the shine away. And usually you want to go little heavier on the eye than normal to get it to show up well on film.
Aug 26, 2009 at 1:21 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hi Michelle,

I used to work for MAC, so I know about their products quite well. The only foundation that you can't wear for flash photography is their Studio Fix powder foundation. Try to go for a liquid foundation and dust a loose powder on top. OR get in touch with me and we can work something out! :)

JulyBride
Married: 07/25/2009
Reviews: 5
Aug 26, 2009 at 3:08 PM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.

Married: 2+ years ago
Aug 26, 2009 at 3:13 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
No mineral makeup it's shiny

Gershelda
Married: 10/10/2009
Aug 26, 2009 at 3:25 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
That's a great question! I don't wear makeup, and haven't sence JR. High(a very long time ago). I, too, have no idea what to do with the makeup...especially sence I don't normally wear it.

dancefrog1
Married: 02/12/2010
Reviews: 1
Aug 26, 2009 at 4:10 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think Primer is key..I used to use smahbox that's real good. I heard Make Up forever HD is really good for pictures..I wanted to do air-brush as well but it's a bit costly. Good luck with your search. Maybe check out the make up counters..sephora or nordstrom. the ladies there are usually very helpful.

Married: 10/03/2009
Reviews: 6
Aug 26, 2009 at 5:18 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Primer is a must. I love the Laura Mercier line, oil free is great medium coverage. Their setting powder is great too. Use a shade that matches your skin, not darker or lighter or u will appear washed out/ dirty. Use shimmer only on your eyes or lips, otherwise you will appear oily. Make sure you have blotting paper and your powder on hand for quick touch ups. Don't forget; waterproof mascara and eyeliner (at least for the wedding)! :)

Gershelda
Aug 27, 2009 at 12:55 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Okay, what is primer? Remember, I don't wear makeup and all this is freaking me out! lol

Aug 27, 2009 at 11:50 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Primer is like a lotion or gel (that can be tinted or transparent) that you apply to your face before foundation, concealer, powder, as it makes your face appear smoother and keeps your makeup on longer. I love the smashbox one!

Married: 02/13/2011
Aug 27, 2009 at 12:21 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Make sure you use a face primer first. This will help your makeup stay on and smooth out any lines. Smashbox has great products that you can purchase right on line. Their photo finish face primer is WONDERFUL!!! They also have a great photo matte powder that works great. With mascara, use regular mascara first and then use the waterproof mascara over it. Gives you much better coverage and makes it waterproof. Hope this helps

Gershelda
Aug 27, 2009 at 1:18 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
You can buy this primer online? Cooooool. Makeup is what scares me the most...b/c I don't wear it...have no idea what to do, or what not to do. How it's suppose to look or anything. My daughter did my make up for the engagement photos, which I thought I looked a little shiny in..so the primer helps with the shine?

Married: 02/13/2011
Aug 27, 2009 at 1:27 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
The primer helps you have a smoother look. You apply the primer first and then apply the foundation and powder. The sell a great translucent powder that has no color at all. You can apply this after the foundationa and regular powder to reduce the shine. Works great. I used to do bridal makeup before.

JulyBride
Married: 07/25/2009
Reviews: 5
Aug 27, 2009 at 1:34 PM • 

JessicaLark

Jessica Lark
Aug 28, 2009 at 8:51 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Primer is a plus, our in house make-up artist uses Yaby foundations, {I highly recommend them} on our glamour sessions and those are up close and personal.... you can check out some more high end brands specifically formulated for photography at www.camera ready cosmetics. Make sure your wedding photographer will be retouching the photos as well just like your favorite celebrities on the covers of your favorite magazines, they wear the best, AND get retouched.

Aug 31, 2009 at 1:42 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I met with my makeup artist yesterday. She said stay away from any foundation that has sunscreen in it. The SPF ingredients can cause major shine & reflection using flash photography. Just thought I'd pass that along. She's worked for Bobbi Brown, Stila, and Smashbox for the past 8 years.

Reviews: 6
Aug 31, 2009 at 1:51 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
JulyBride is right. Oil absorbing sheets are wonderful! I swear by the Boscia green tea oil absorbing linens. You can use one and then touch up with powder. Of course, it wont eliminate the need for retouching, but its great for photos.

Unique
Married: 02/11/2010
Aug 31, 2009 at 1:52 PM • 
Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct