The Westin Poinsett Hotel

Flexibility
4.7
Savannah
06/26/2015

This was truly a dream. Kelley was amazing to work with and made sure that everything went perfectly on my wedding day. The location is awesome, the ballrooms are gorgeous, and the food was absolutely delicious. They were even able to work with me on the menu to keep prices down a bit

Recently Married

The best motel. My husband and I had a great time.

Caitlin
05/23/2015

Almost two months after my wedding, I finally have a few minutes to sit back and reflect on how truly amazing the day was. From start to finish, it was everything that my husband and I had dreamed it would be. Surrounded by our closest friends and family, we celebrated the start of a life together.

Everything about the Westin Pointsett Hotel was perfect. The venue is absolutely beautiful but more importantly the entire staff truly goes out of their way to make you and your guests feel at home. Majority of our wedding guests stayed at the Westin Pointsett for the weekend and everyone continues to comment about the service and professionalism they received throughout our wedding weekend.

From a Bride and Groom perspective, we couldn’t have asked for anything more. All of the little details are carefully executed, the food is amazing and the party was one to remember for a lifetime.

If you have the opportunity to celebrate your wedding at the Westin, I highly recommend it.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

So far so good- easy to communicate with, extremely responsive....the space is stunning

Caitlyn
04/25/2015

We had the best experience with the Westin Poinsett. Kelley the coordinator is the best! All of our guests were well taken care of and enjoyed their stays at the Westin. I highly recommend this place. It is easy pricing with all things included for the most part. It also makes logistics super easy.

Recently Married

The Westin is the most beautiful place to have your big day. They exceeded all our expectations. They provide you with an extremely knowledgable and talented event coordinator, Kelly Moore. Our wedding was diverse and they were able to be flexible and handle all our needs. They truly made it an unforgettable night for us and or guests.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Party Supplies, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I did not use this venue but would have loves to! The location is such a sweet and elegant place! If you can afford it definitely use them!

Recently Married

We loved the Westin Poinsett! Kelley, the wedding coordinator is calm and responsive and just made everything go off without a problem. We had a large group of at least 200 and she made great suggestions on how to handle the crowd and made sure that there was plenty of seating and that the reception was organized so that there were no long lines at any food station! All of our guests were so impressed with the professionalism of the entire staff and enjoyed their weekend in Greenville. I highly recommend the Westin Poinsett Hotel if you want a stress free planning process and wonderful service!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Westin Poinsett was first class! Kelley, our event planner, did an outstanding job from first visit, to event execution. There was no detail overlooked, and Kelley and the entire staff at the Westin went above our expectations. Kelley organized our Daughters wedding flawlessly and allowed our Family and Friends to experience a wedding that will not be forgotten. Our guests were so impressed with the Wedding and the service of excellence that Kelley and the Westin provided that we were sad to see the evening end.
Thank you Kelley and the Westin Poinsett for ALL you did to make our Daughter & Son-in-Laws wedding the fairytale they wanted! Awesome job!!! Kind Regards, Scott & Wendi McCall

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Having a wedding at the Westin Poinsett is truly every girls dream come true. We had a wedding with 95% of the guests being from out of town and this was the perfect venue. It was conveniently located downtown and no one had to worry about driving back and forth between the ceremony and reception. The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful and the service is impeccable. Everyone from the front desk to the valet is there to help you. I had the luxury of working with Kelley Moore there, and I cannot give enough praise for how wonderful she made my wedding. She attended to all needs and made sure everything flowed smoothly. I literally had to do hair and makeup and just arrive for my big day. There are lots of choices in Greenville, SC when it comes to picking a wedding venue but none of them can compare to the Westin. Cannot recommend this place enough!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We hosted our daughter's wedding reception at The Westin Poinsett. It was absolutely gorgeous! The staff were wonderful to work with. The food was excellent. Our compliments to the chef, as the food was hot and tasty and beautifully plated, which was such a pleasant surprise for a hotel. Our daughter wanted a "vintage" wedding and The Westin provided the PERFECT dream come true for her. The hotel provides a wedding coordinator who was professional, helpful and excellent in her role. We didn't have to worry about a thing and the pricing was clear, easy to understand and allowed us to budget in advance without surprises at the end. The Westin makes it a joyful experience and easy. Highly recommend.

Recently Married

When you decide to let the Westin Poinsett host your wedding, you get not only a gorgeous venue with a fantastic location for you and your guests, but a hotel staff that makes the event amazingly seamless. In particular, the wedding coordinator was fantastic, making sure that every detail was in order. I can't say enough about the fantastic experience we had, and I strongly recommend the Westin Poinsett for your wedding venue!

Recently Married

Everything was perfect! Kelley did a amazing job! Everyone had a blast and the Gold Room was gorgeous!! Thank you!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
1+ year ago

An absolute dream to get married at the Westin Poinsett! Kelley Moore did an incredible job helping plan and coordinate our wedding. Couldn't be happier with the way the day went!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband used to work at the Westin, so even before we got engaged I knew that this would be our reception location. The beautiful architecture and design provide a venue unlike any others in the downtown Greenville area!

We used the Poinsett Ballroom, Mezzanine and Veranda for our cocktail hour and reception, along with several of the conference rooms off the mezzanine for the band and overflow seating. The space worked perfectly for our 220ish guests, plenty of seating for everyone, and room to maneuver through the room with ease. Linda, the banquet captain was amazing. She had plates made for us and set them down at a table, so we were actually able to sit down and and eat a little!! The entire staff went above and beyond to make our night magical for not only us, but for our guests as well.

We did have a few issues with the event planner, Kelley, that I feel could have been solved easily with better/more consistent communication on her end, but overall it was such a great experience that I don't want to leave any sort of negative comment/feedback for the hotel! My husband's knowledge of the hotel and events (he used to be a banquet captain) came in very handy and made planning the layout and picking the food and other details a breeze. We did the "action stations" on the mezzanine, and had everything from reverse shrimp and grits (my husband's favorite), to a variety of mac and cheese, crab cakes and quesadillas. We brought our own wine, and did the bar by consumption rather than a package.

We also used the Francis Marion room for our Bridal Brunch that morning, and the wedding party stayed in the Presidential Suite the entire weekend. Before making our entrance to the reception, we used the Coffee Shop downstairs where they had a sample of all of our cocktail hour food, and gave us enough time to bustle my dress and relax before starting the party!

Overall, such a perfect event and we had so much fun!

05/31/2014

Our wedding at the Westin Poinsett was one to remember! In the months leading up to the event, Kelley was responsive to all of our requests, responding within 24 hours to phone calls and emails. In addition to responsiveness, the team was able to work with our budget for 130+ people, making menu suggestions that were more budget-friendly. Kelley also worked with our wedding coordinator to confirm the details/timeline of the day. Upon our guests' arrival to the venue the night before, the staff at the Westin provided wonderful service. At the end of the wedding night, the concierge manager left a hand-written thank you note along with an assortment of chocolate-covered strawberries for hubby and I to enjoy. If you are looking for a wedding venue with high quality customer service, I highly recommend the Westin Poinsett for your special day!