The Palms Hotel & Spa

Value:
Flexibility:
(4.8 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The palms is a perfect wedding venue if you want a beachy feel that is slightly more upscale but not "stuffy."
Yasmin was our coordinator and executed the night with out a flaw. She had everything perfectly planned and taken care of. She even had drinks and appetizers waiting for us as we walked into the building after saying "I do."
The food was good, especially the salad. The staff were all extremely professional and friendly.
I am very happy that we chose the palms!

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Absolutely blown away with our wedding! We stayed at the hotel as well as have our wedding there and it is an amazingly friendly place to stay. Our wedding had the most perfect setting, it was beautiful! Stephanie made organising our wedding so easy, which was so important as we live in the UK! Every email I sent got a reply quickly and Stephanie was so helpful with everything! The food is amazing, the staff are all so friendly and happy. We had the best wedding day we could have dreamed of. Cannot wait to revisit the palms hotel in the future! I didn't want to leave! Great location, the rooms are modern and wow those beds are unbelievably comfy! Thank you all so much!

• Wedding: 10/29/2014
Gemma
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Palms Hotel was the most beautiful and perfect venue for our wedding. From start to finish, the staff was professional and thorough with attention to the details of our celebration. Although we are from Miami, the majority of our guests were coming from other cities across the country and would be staying at the hotel for the week leading up to the big day. Having the flexibility of allowing guests to stay either at The Palms or their sister hotel, Circa 39 (only 9 blocks away), gave affordable options for everyone. Michelle Cannicci was our catering contact and her services and quality of what was executed was far beyond the expectations anyone would have for an in-house event manager. She was SO good that we ended up using her day of coordination services as well. Michelle was knowledgable, attentive, and helped us come up with ideas to customize our event to make it the most special day of our lives. The hotel staff and reservations team were friendly, flexible and accommodating of our guests. Everyone commented on the delicious food, beautiful venue and great service.

• Wedding: 05/09/2014
Michelle
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had both our wedding and rehearsal dinner at the Palms and they were both utterly phenomenal. Our hotel-provided wedding coordinator was Yasmin Gomez and the Captain of catering was Paul King. They both did a stellar job and put a ton of work into making sure our event went off without a hitch. Our guests raved about the buffet menu at the rehearsal dinner and we didn't even have to spend any time selecting items. The drink service was continuous and had a great selection, ensuring our party stayed well lubricated. I also brought a few special requests bottles with me and the bartender was able to serve them to certain guests without any problems. We also were able to move the party to the Palms bar and were able to invite all our guests to that element, which went off great. The day of the ceremony, Yasmin was particularly awesome and volunteered to stay in the bride's room and steam-clean the bride's dress while we wrapped up other preparations. Yasmin and Paul were able to accommodate a lot of unusual and diverse requests we had for the ceremony. We had our ceremony on the beach (for which they were able to provide a mobile audio system). After the ceremony, we had a naval officers' sword arch on the beach. We then had the cocktail hour on the south lawn where there was a full bar plus seafood raw bar. Then Yasmin was able to line up the wedding party on the fly and get us introduced in a grand entrance into an indoor ballroom with full synch with the DJ despite no rehearsal for this section. At the ceremony, we had both a DJ and live band, and the Palms had no trouble accommodating both. We had an outside vendor provide a chocolate fountain, and we brought a board/drinking game we designed ourselves for the guests, as well as several homemade decorations. The Palms staff was able to incorporate all these unusual elements with a lot of care and no problems. Many guests said it was the best wedding they'd ever been to - and I'd have to agree!

• Wedding: 03/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Palms did a fantastic job!
From the start, they did a great job providing ideas and helping us figure out how to create the atmosphere and day we wanted. The day before the wedding, there were a couple things that we hadn't quite worked out, but the Palms staff took care of some last minute details we hadn't even expected from them. I had packages of items for the wedding coming in from different people and places - they all made their way to where they needed to be, with little effort from us! All our guests were treated warmly and the staff took great care of me and my husband during our entire stay at the hotel. We are SO HAPPY we chose the Palms for our wedding!

• Wedding: 02/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Palms Hotel and Spa is the ideal venue for your wedding. The location is beautiful, the staff is exceptional, and I cant say enough about the catering. It truly was a magical experience.

• Wedding: 12/29/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had the destination WEDDING OF OUR DREAMS at The Palms Hotel and Spa. It was more than just a day for us, we stayed here for the week with our guests and what a fantastic experience we had. As for the actual wedding, we absolutely could not have envisioned a more beautiful, timeless celebration. The property itself is overwhelming in its beauty; our ceremony was held at the gazebo and reception on the Veranda Terrace. Talk about a wow factor. The location and setup were gorgeous. So magical and exactly as we had envisioned.

We owe the success of our wedding to the amazing staff at The Palms, but especially to Yasmin Gomez, the Catering Sales Manager/Day-of Wedding Coordinator. Yasmin helped us plan our wedding long-distance and it was an absolute honor to work with her, from beginning to end. Her talent and professionalism shined through during the planning process, but especially on the day of our wedding. In the moments where we felt like we could have been overwhelmed, Yasmin's calm and confident presence always reassured us. She made sure that every detail was to our satisfaction and made us feel like we were the most important people in the world. With the support of her outstanding team, Yasmin flawlessly executed the wedding of our dreams. Our guests are still raving that it was the most beautiful and most memorable wedding that they have ever been to.

For any bride considering a destination wedding in Miami, The Palms Hotel is the best there is. Special thanks to Moises at the front desk and the hotel staff for going above and beyond to make us feel like family. Thanks to Chef Jaime and his team for preparing an impressive menu, all the food was exceptional! Thanks to Paul K. and his team for orchestrating the reception. And especially, thank you to Yasmin, for being on our side, for being our friend, and for giving us the most wonderful wedding experience ever. We can't wait to come back and visit!

-Richard and Christine R.
Los Angeles, CA

• Wedding: 12/22/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I'll get the very few negatives out of the way first. Makeup at the salon was pretty good but I was not impressed with hair stylists. That said, if I did it all over again, I would still have my hair done there for the convenience. The only real unfortunate part of the day was the construction noise from next door which I was assured wouldn't be a problem. Of course, we only had the music off for 20 minutes of the whole day and that's when they had the saw going. My poor Godmother had to compete with the noise to say her prayer.

OK now the good stuff. The property is AMAZING. The gazebo is incredible and doesn't need much decorating at all. There are so many beautiful places to take pictures inside and out. The close access to the beach couldn't be more perfect to steal away and take sunset pictures.

We had our dinner and dancing on the veranda, with the bar down the stairs under the pergola. The cocktail hour tables were set up through the night so guests could get away from the music if they preferred. We also had a cigar roller by the bar which was a HUGE hit with our guests. I highly recommend considering one if you're getting married here.

The place is lit up so beautifully at night, especially the stairs. It's magical. Definitely get the uplights if you're on the veranda. We had so many guests, the dance floor ended up being small but ended up being for the best since a lot of guests spend a lot of time on the lower level. The food was good. Everyone seemed happy with the drinks. Overall, it was a great party.

The hotel itself is wonderful. Several of our guests chose to stay nearby in more moderate priced hotels but a guest who say our room commented that it would have been worth the extra cost.

Last but certainly not least, Michelle was so wonderful to work with. I was really impressed at how responsive she was, throughout my entire 8 months of planning. She had great suggestions and handled every little detail. I never stressed once.

• Wedding: 11/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I (and our families) cannot think of one negative thing to say when it came to having our wedding weekend at The Palms Hotel & Spa. Throughout the 9 months of planning, Michelle Cannici-our wedding coordinator, answered every question we had and made us feel confident about our venue choice. Michelle is organized, punctual and knows her stuff; qualities you want in a wedding coordinator!

The hotel is a beautiful, peaceful oasis on South Beach. There is a sense of relaxation when you enter and it's the type of ambiance that can help any bride feel more at ease. The service during the weekend was top notch. Michelle, Paul and everyone else on the staff were friendly and there to help when you needed them. We had 3 different events throughout the weekend and all flowed with ease.

All of our guests loved staying the weekend and enjoyed the pool, food and service as well. It has been a couple weeks since the wedding and everyone has been saying such nice things about the weekend. It was the perfect venue for us and plan to visit the hotel from time to time in the future, as it is now so special to us!

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If I had to choose again I would choose the Palms all over again. The venue is beyond beautiful, the food was amazing, and the service even better. Everywhere we went on the property for the 3 days we had there, the entire staff knew we were getting married and treated us with the greatest consideration! Yasmin Gomez, my wedding coordinator, knocked it out of the park. She was there every moment of the way, running around to get things I forgot at my room and making sure every vendor was on time and every unsure family member was at the right place as the right time. That was no easy job and she made the day run perfectly smoothly! If you are going to have your wedding in Miami Beach, The Palms Hotel & Spa is the place to do it!!!!

• Wedding: 10/13/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I would like to take this time to say THANK YOU to Michelle Cannici (Catering Manager) who helped me and made it possible with the help of her team, to make my wedding day that much more special. Since the first day that we met, her personality and professionalism were one of a kind. I was doubting my ability to plan my wedding in a short amount of time.. but with her help and prompt response to my emails and needs; she made it a very pleasant experience for me. The Palms Hotel and Spa did great by contracting her :-) she is an asset to The Palms, and she is the perfect candidate for her job! Our experience with the Hotel itself was just perfect! They accommodated to our needs, and were exceptional before and during our wedding. The staff is professional, and always greeting you with smiles (no wonder they have weddings every week) I couldn't have picked a more perfect wedding venue :-)

I relied on this site, reading through every review, and trusting my instinct when choosing the MOST important thing on my wedding to-do-list. Planning my wedding in a very short time, was done perfectly through The Palms. They have great selection of vendors, and all of them were very professional. They know what they do and this hotel has to be the most chic and tropical hotel I've been to in Miami Beach. It takes you to another place :-) and that was the place we wanted to be during our wedding. Our guests were all impressed with the hotel and their exceptional food!!!! I couldn't be any happier for making the right choice by picking The Palms Hotel.

If you're are looking for a venue that is professional, with excellent service, reasonable price, and with an amazing food selection, this is the place to pick!

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
Reggie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Palms Hotel & Spa made our wedding day perfect! With the help of Michelle (Wedding coordinator) and Paul (Catering Manager), the day went by with absolutely no stress. They made sure the day was on schedule, guests were enjoying themselves, and that everything was running smoothly. The venue itself was just as beautiful as ever. My guests complimented my husband and I on the location and the venue, saying everything was beautiful and magnificent.

I would highly recommend The Palms Hotel & Spa to any and every couple looking for a beautiful wedding ceremony and reception venue. We are so blessed to have had The Palms Hotel & Spa and all of their staff for our wedding day. Couldn't imagine my wedding any other way without them. And hopefully we will get back soon to just relax on vacation with them again!

Katie Malenoir-Evans

• Wedding: 08/24/2013

Great Reception, Food was excellent

• Wedding: 06/15/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our wedding this weekend at The Palms, and it could not have been better. It was the first venue we looked at, and we looked no further. It is the perfect mix of Miami Beach mixed with a beautiful calmness, which is perfect for a wedding that may be a destination for your guests. Monica Henning was the BEST coordinator- she made the entire process fun, easy, and organized. We love her. The front desk, housekeeping, bellman, and reservation staff was wonderful as well. We really can't way enough good things about the venue. Even though it rained during the ceremony, the "back up" location on the terrace was beautiful. We will be back again and again just to enjoy the hotel, restaurant, and spa.

• Wedding: 06/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The first time we entered The Palm Hotel we looked at each other and said this is the place. Its wonderful tropical decor and gardens set us in the right mood for our tropical weddings day

The day of our wedding Monica Hennings our wedding coordinator was so professional, understanding and sweet. We loved working with her and highly recommend her to any bride.

We got married on the beach and it started to rain and the staff was there immediately with umbrellas to ensure that everyone was covered. Thank god it only lasted for a few minutes but everyone was dry and the cermoney was perfect.

Cocktail hour was on the bar lounge the food was great, the service was great.

The reception was in the royal palm room. We had a Kings table with approximately 42 guest. And the table was so beautiful.

Everything was perfect on our wedding day.

Thank you everyone!

• Wedding: 05/31/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Palms was amazing. A perfect choice. We received so very many compliments on our venue (the gazebo is to die for. And for those that are worried it's not intimate enough, you wont believe it when it's all dressed up! No outside noise bothered us and our woodwind trio was easily heard throughout the garden). And the food? Unbelievable. We were do proud to serve our guests such a delicious meal! It's true that Miami Beach kills you with taxes, but you can't blame the Palms for that-- out of their control. Factor in serveral thousand dollars on top of your budget just to cover taxes. Otherwise, not a single hitch-- from delivering our welcome bags to guests rooms, hosting our welcome dinner, through the ceremony and reception, to even the brunch we threw the next morning, not a thing could have been more perfect :) A HUGE thanks to Michelle for all of her diligent assistence!!

• Wedding: 05/04/2013
305-534-0505
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7