South Carolina Wedding Co

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

Tammy delivered a breathtaking wedding! It was beyond picture perfect! My guests are still talking about how beautiful it was! Wedding was really extravagant and no stone was left unturned! I hate the wedding is over! Very bittersweet!

Services Used: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Tammy and her team completely blew me away..my decorations were to die for..I still cannot believe how beautiful my venue looked and how much even all my guests talked about it..I was extremely pleased! !! Thank you thank you thank you!! Love you soo much Tammy. ..

Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Andy
Recently Married
2.5

The Wedding Company does provide a great service to brides by having floral, decor, and rentals all taken care of in one place. However, I wish Tammy could have had better lines of communication, as it made coordinating with other vendors very difficult. I was not able to meet with her until 3 weeks before my wedding, which didn't leave much time to discuss details and ideas. Moreover due to my lack of ability to communicate with her my family and I spent most of our day the day before the wedding on the phone with Tammy, answering questions and figuring things out that could have been handled prior to the day before the wedding. I literally had to leave my cousin's graduation ceremony to answer her phone calls. My biggest issue however, was that on the day of the wedding she told my mom that she did not provide aisle runners. This was not written out in the contract, however on my first meeting with her, a year before the wedding when I was interviewing her as a possible vendor, she told my mom and I that it was her gift to her brides. This was also stated at my one and only meeting with her 3 weeks before my wedding, as she reminded me to send her the color scheme and details for the customization of my runner. So long story short I had no aisle runner.

Services Used: Lighting & Decor

My husband and I contracted with Tammy and South Carolina Wedding Co. after letting our previous decorator go, due to exceeding our budget. I absolutely wanted QUALITY draping and color wash lighting that I’ve only seen provided by SCWC. What sets them apart (beyond SC) is that they’re a “one-stop shop” with the finest décor at a reasonable price. The value is well worth the money compared to other companies who have to rent from vendors, which in turn drive the clients’ price up. Our main hiccup with the service we were provided was the delay and in some instances lack of response to communication, by way of email (primarily how we communicated), phone calls, texts and Facebook messages. Also, the inability for me to leave voice messages on their business phone line. At times, I would've also been more positively receptive to a phone call rather than email in certain situations. However, I will not hark on the negative in this review. Instead I’ll highlight the positive by saying we were VERY pleased with the end result. Tammy has an eye for design and gave us helpful advice during our consultation. She went above and beyond our expectations the day before and day of our wedding. I wasn’t sure if she was going to set-up the ceremony décor the Friday before the wedding, but surprisingly we arrived at the church at the same time. She greeted me and we chatted some before they set-up, so we’d know where to stand during rehearsal. She met all of my requests for the ceremony and my husband and I were in awe at how beautiful the reception was. Everything was executed and we ended our wedding day on a high note. In my opinion, SCWC is the best in the business at event design and decor. Tammy's design skills are equal to that of David Tutera, the only difference is she’s not on TV, yet. It was money well spent! We’re grateful to her and the SCWC team for making our wedding day vintage chic, genuine to us and the most beautiful we've ever seen!!!

Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Tammy and her staff are decor geniuses! My husband and I could not be happier with our decor. SC Wedding Co took my vision and amplified it by 1000. My guest were so taken a back by the reception space, and our officiant said our ceremony space looked like heaven! The staff worked so hard to make my day so special and I thank you all so much. If I had to do it again I wouldnt change a thing! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Alicia
01/04/2014

Very professional and they exceeded my expectations.

1.2

I hired South Carolina Wedding Co back in June of 2013 and paid my deposit two days after the invoice was received. I based my decision on hiring them from their web page and reviews. Since I contracted with them, working with Tammy and her company was a nightmare. Her lines of communication are awful. She doesn't return phone calls or emails and it had me in such a panic on whether or not she was going to come through on my wedding day. I was never able leave a message on her cell phone and her business line is her son's cell phone. When I leave a message there, I never get a call back. My wedding day was 25 days away and I had been calling and emailing her since November 24th to pass on information about the venue and could not get a call back. Based on the contract, I was within the 30 day window of paying the final bill and had not received an invoice or a call from her company to make payment. There was nothing in the contract that said that she only did consults during the week from Tuesday to Thursday. Even when I tried to call during that time, no luck the majority of the time talking to anyone. I was a destination bride. I scheduled a visit for my daughter and sister on the 29th of October to view a mock setup based on inspiration pictures I sent her. They took off work, drove 3 hours to meet with Tammy and she had nothing to show them. I sent her pictures of ceremony and reception centerpiece ideas twice and the only thing she had on the table was linen, the chair with sash, and an empty flower vase. All that driving for nothing. She told me she would send me pictures that week of ideas and I got nothing until after I had to call her several times. I got so frustrated, I filed a complaint with the BBB to try to get a response from her. The entire week of my wedding, no communication between Tammy and I met no one from her company. Not even Tammy introduced herself to me the day of.

Debbie
12/08/2013

Tammy did a beautiful job turning a barn into an elequent wedding! The wedding was planned to be outside with reception inside at same location but it rained and had to be moved inside at last minute. This was not a problem for Tammy and her crew they pulled it together and it was amazing!!!

Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor

I am fortunate enough to say I was Tammy and SouthCarolinaWeddingCompany's first Indian wedding. What an amazing experience! I still remember my first phone conversation with Tammy. I had contacted numerous Indian wedding decorators and was getting frustrated with the service/astronomically high prices. I came across Tammy's website and after giving her a call, her excitement and eagerness to do an Indian wedding were awe-inspiring. She was stoked and in lieu of her excitement, I began to look forward to the weeks and days leading up to my wedding. In the months leading up to our big day, Tammy and I exchanged multiple powerpoints (Bridezilla, much?), emails and phone conversations. I was especially impressed that she met us multiple times (at her warehouse in Columbia as well as our venue) to walk through the meticulous details that are involved with Indian weddings. Let's fast-forward to the big day. We had three different events, and as I write this review (almost three months after our wedding date) guests are still completing me on our mind-blowing decor. I can honestly say that when guests arrived at each of our events, their jaws dropped open. I was so happy, and my family and I had a wedding that exceeded even our wildest most extravagant dreams. My wedding was better than a dream and if I could change anything, I would just add on a couple of days so I could enjoy all the lavish details even longer :)

As a type A bride, I understand that planning all the intricate details that go into an Indian wedding (especially the first time around) can be exacerbating. Tammy was extremely patient, professional and most importantly, passionate. We are so happy and would recommend her to all brides (Indian, or otherwise) out there!

ps - If you have any other ?s feel free to reach out to Tammy and she can provide you our info as well as detailed pics of our big day!

2.8

We chose Tammy at South Carolina Wedding Co for our wedding because she was a one stop shop. We had been to several bridal shows and we were amazed at how great her work was. Once we signed a contract with her she became very hard for myself and my wedding planner to get in contact with up until the week of our wedding day. As a bride this was very stressful and frustrating. When we finally were able to reach her, there were always excuses. We wanted our wedding day perfect, therefore, we made a very detailed portfolio of how we wanted our wedding to turn out. Several of these details were left out and overlooked, for instance: some floral arrangements were dead, I I asked for lots of color and got little to no color, the chair count was off, and the canopy was in the wrong place for the ceremony even though me and my wedding planner had given her a diagram. Without a doubt, we had tons of compliments on our wedding decor, however, the aggravation, and frustrations that it took to get us to our wedding day was unnecessary. We did have an awesome wedding and it was BEAUTIFUL. Unfortunately, we had nightmares up until this point of how our wedding would look and if Tammy would come through for us, therefore we would not recommend this vendor for any further services.

South Carolina Wedding Co responded with the following comments:

We are very saddened by this review, because Morgan has left out many details in this review that were beyond our control and she was made aware of them. To start we arrived at the scheduled time to set up at the venue on Friday the day before her wedding at 4 pm, however when we arrived, we were told there was a mistake, we were not allowed access until 11 pm (7 hours later in which we could have had the room set-up in the time we were delayed) we worked all night on her wedding. She did receive the correct chair count, though we did not receive her seating chart until AFTER we had set up and explained to the bride of this, it was emailed to the venue even after we requested during final consultation. We set up her canopy and waited again for direction of the bride and coordinator because no information was given about placement.
Morgan found out she was pregnant, updated her contract to move the date from March 2014 to October 2013, because she moved her date up her financial situation changed, we accommodated changes to her contract and worked with her diligently to accommodate her needs. All of which we were not legally obligated to change, but we strive to work with all our brides to make their day not only beautiful but as stress free as possible. The bride herself texted me telling me how beautiful everything was. please go to blog post to see screen shot of text message and photos of her wedding ceremony /reception. I have copies of contracts, email communications both from the bride and venue for any brides to review and determine level of communication with the bride. Blog post: http://southcarolinaweddingco.com/blog/?load/blog_detail/page/73656/item/3119/morgan---stevie and Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.807553055926675.1073741857.161202033895117&type=1 (left click and copy the link address above and paste into your web browser.)

Samantha
09/28/2013

I provided Tammy with several pictures and she executed the whole thing. Every flower and linen was absolutely beautiful!

South Carolina Wedding Co responded with the following comments:

Thank you Samantha! Loved creating your beautiful day for you! Please see more pictures of this beautiful wedding here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.577636188968562.1073741860.124839550914897&type=1 Wedding decor, draping, linens, centerpieces, bouquets, and lighting by South Carolina Wedding Co. Thank you for Choosing South Carolina Wedding Co with your special day!

Services Used: Flowers
Brandon
09/28/2013

My wife was beyond happy. She never stopped talking about the amazing job that was done by SC Wedding Company. I for one unlike most groomsmen wanted an input on the wedding and I was curious as to how everything would play out and I wasn't disappointed at all. I would highly recommend couples to use SC Wedding Company as their vendor. Amazing job. Our decor was elegant and beautiful.

Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers
Private User
1+ year ago
0.2

I recently took Tammy Watkins/SC Wedding Company to the Civil Court and WON the case for services and decor that she did not provide on my wedding day as paid for and as promised. I would post the judgement as evidence of proof if this application would allow.

By far the worst experience with professionalism and customer service I have ever been exposed to. From beginning to end, Tammy Watkins, was inconsistent, unresponsive, inattentive and unprofessional. The flowers and decor I requested were not delivered as promised. My flower of choice was replaced with another flower of a different color and type without my consent. I was not provided an aisle runner, my alter collapsed while guest were arriving, my ribbons and draping were wrinkled among many other problems. Tammy disclosed her personal business regarding her relationships and divorce to my guest and myself as an excuse for her carelessness, neglect and errors. There is no sense of timeliness or urgency when communicating with this vendor. My emails and questions received no response for four consecutive months prior to my wedding. I was promised things during my final consultation that Ms. Watkins had no intention of delivering. I sent several request to Ms. Watkins weeks prior to my wedding day, requesting a final invoice to make my final payment. I did not receive my final invoice until the day of my wedding in which she charged me $200 over what she quoted me, stating that she needed to be paid in Cash, and stated that set up would not take place and decor would not be delivered until this was done.

Your wedding day should be one of the happiest and most memorable days of your life. Its a day that I can never get back. If you are thinking of using this vendor please save yourself the stress, time and money by looking elsewhere.

Services Used: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Tammy is an absolutely wonderful vendor to work with. She and her staff work hard to ensure your special day is absolutely amazing. Working with Tammy and her team is well worth every penny you will spend. I will definitely hire her again for any special event.

Keisha and Corey

Anonymous
1+ year ago

Tammy was great to work with and very flexible considering we had to scale back on some things. She went above and beyond to make sure my wedding was set-up the exact way that I liked.

Shana
03/23/2013

If you want to have the best wedding ever, SC Wedding Co is the place to go! They can make any dream come true and more. If we had to do it all again, we would do it with them again! Hands down the best company ever!!

South Carolina Wedding Co responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much Shana. As challenging as the venue was with set up time we made it happen and it looked amazing. I was so proud of our entire team. Truly was a team effort and the results we are all so proud of. Thank you for trusting us with such an important event. Truly an honor. Featured Wedding on our blog: http://www.southcarolinaweddingco.com/?load/blog_detail/page/73656/item/1680/shana---michael