Society Hill Studio

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Lisa helps me annually with the floral design for a corporate event in Momtgomery, Alabama. I am also so thankful for her assistance. She is great to work with and her designs are beautiful. She has also done some work personally for me for a small charity event in my home! A great choice!

Services Used: Flowers

Thorne and Thistle did the most amazing flower display for the art opening at my design studio. It was creative and the flower choices she used were fitting for our event. Thorne and Thistle was so professional and did everything to make my event special!

Profile Picture
Caitlyn
1 Review
06/27/2015

It was a pleasure working with Thorne & Thistle. The day of I was, and my whole wedding was blown away with how beautiful everything was. She did a phenomenal job, and it was done with excellence. The only thing I would suggest is to write down your vision initially, and just keep track of what you have asked for so there are no loose ends. But if you want the most drop-dead-gorgeous flowers for your wedding, use Thorne & Thistle. She also has excellent taste in placing items, and making everything look like it was done professionally. She gave me a lot of tips that I would never had known about otherwise. She is excellent and I highly recommend this vendor.

0.5

When my daughter called us after returning from the honeymoon and the first thing she wanted to talk about was the poor quality of the flowers and the problems with the florist, it hit me how bad things were. My wife told the florist very specifically that certain flowers were not to be used and that's what she used. When asked about it she said that I wrote the name of the flowers down in my book but it didn't say not to use them. She just didn't pay attention. The flowers were delivered to the venue at 10:00 AM or so in the morning and left on a table when the wedding did not begin until 6:30 PM. Even I know that fresh flowers should be in a cooler until the last minute, especially for an outdoor wedding in June. The flowers began to fall apart before the wedding started. I noticed that the groom's flowers were falling apart and said something in passing to the wedding planner and she got with the florist and had to raise her voice to get her to deal with in. I found out later that my wife broke down about the flowers. The florist asked her what she wanted done and if she wanted some money refunded. Now come on, that is not the time nor the person to talk to about that 3 hours before our only daughter gets married. Now, after the wedding I have been trying to get with the florist by phone, email and text with ZERO results. I even had someone from another area code patch me in so she would not just avoid my call and when I talked to someone at their business I left a message. This florist has not responded to me to resolve this situation and here we are 2 months after the wedding. In summary, there are enough emotions on a wedding day without introducing incompetence with a major player in the wedding. I would tell anyone NOT to use Thorne and Thistle for a wedding or anything else because regardless of how great the pictures are on the website are, these people do not know how to do business.

Services Used: Flowers

Lisa of Thorne & Thistle is a phenomenal florist/designer and was a pleasure to work with for my daughter's wedding. She listened to our vision, but after she added her ideas and touches, we were blown away with the results. We are still getting compliments on the beautiful florals she created--from bouquets to an amazing floral chandelier. Lisa incorporated family pieces and had suggestions that we would have never thought of on our own--such as a floral and ribbon draped swing. I would highly recommend Thorne & Thistle for your floral and design needs.

Services Used: Flowers

Lisa has a eye for design and her work with floral is amazing. Her incredible talent and enthusiasm produce beautiful work. Thorne and Thistle is easy to work with and I will continue to use them for years to come!

Services Used: Flowers

Thorne and Thistle created beautiful flower decor for our wedding. The prices were some of the most reasonable we have seen, but it is not because of a lack of quality. I would recommend Thorne and Thistle to everyone!

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

After looking at a few other florists, my daughter and I knew that Lisa was the one God wanted us to use! Her ideas, most of which we implemented, and artistic design with flowers and other decorations were perfect for the wedding. She worked tirelessly to make sure the wedding and reception were both beautiful and pleased us. My husband and I were pleasantly surprised at her charges, too.

Lisa also arranged the flowers for a bridesmaids luncheon I helped give. One of the things I requested was a wreath of flowers with which Lisa thrilled us all! She also arranged flowers for another bridal shower at my house. Yes, I recommend her to all my friends!

Services Used: Flowers

My 24 nephew had recently passed away and I had Lisa from Thorne and Thistle Designs altar flowers at my church in memory of him. She took the time to find out what kind of young man my nephew was and what his interests were. She created an amazing set of flowers using willow branches (or some kind of beautiful branches) shaped into the form of a cello, which he loved to play. It was the most amazing and touching arrangement that I could have ever imagined.

Services Used: Flowers

Lisa was incredible to work with when planning my wedding. She has an eye for design and pays attention to the smallest details.