Sandy's Sweets

Sandy's Sweets

101 Kidder Court
Tallahassee, FL 32312 | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Health license: Not required by state

4.7
(4.6 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have loved working with Sandy. She is so sweet and her cakes are amazing. She can pretty much create whatever your heart desires! She is designing a "naked" style wedding cake for our wedding and I am excited to see how it turns out!

• Wedding: [Private]
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have used Sandy for all of my "milestone" cakes: 21st birthday, high school to college cake, and my wedding cake. Each were decorated perfectly, but tasted even better! Cannot say enough about Sandy and her willingness to try anything and going out of her way to make our vision come to life! We cannot wait to have our cake topper....a year from now!

• Wedding: 01/31/2015
Caroline
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sandy Stone with Sandy's Sweets is AMAZING!! She created the most unbelievable groom's CAKE & birthday CAKE for our wedding! It was a delicious chocolate & praline golf themed cake. All I needed to do was simply show her a picture & I got exactly what I wanted! Being in the wedding industry myself....I get to work with Sandy on a regular basis & see all of her fabulous wedding cake & wedding day creations! Sandy is also just as sweet as her cakes! Thank you for a GREAT looking cake & a GREAT tasting cake!

• Wedding: 01/10/2015
Jeri
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sandy Sweets proved to be everything the bride and groom imagined for their rehearsal dinner cake and wedding cake. Finding a baker for two days after Christmas was a challenge. When Sandy met with me, the mother of the bride, and I tasted her samples I knew we had found the best. The cake flavor and consistency, and buttery icing have that delicious homemade and hard to find value. Sandy is reliable and trustworthy. Her cake arrived on time and on a beautiful plateau. It was decorated just as my daughter desired. The amount was perfect for our guests with some to take home.

• Wedding: 12/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thank you, Sandy for such a DELICIOUS and GORGEOUS wedding cake! Everyone has been talking about how delicious it was... there was barely any left over! Contact Sandy today for your next event!!

• Wedding: 12/20/2014
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Sandy was of great assistance in working with us to design a unique wedding cake. She was great!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a large wedding, at a large, historic home, and I wanted a large cake to show off how beautiful the porch of the home was. I also wanted a cake my guests would enjoy eating. Sandy provided all of this. Our cake was beautiful, and admittedly huge. The cake itself was nearly five feet tall when it was completed. Sandy did a great job decorating such a large piece, and really making it the show-stopper we were hoping for. The cake also tasted amazing. We chose a marble cake with a cookies and cream filling. I loved it, our guests loved it. Two and half months later we're still getting complements on how good it tasted.

I personally had a hard time communicating with Sandy, probably because I live and work long hours in Orlando. When I turned over the communication to my mom, who lives in Tallahassee, everything ran smoothly from then on. We were very pleased and had no true problems with anything she did. I would recommend Sandy's work to anyone who asked, just suggest a meeting in person (which let's be honest, is always easiest).

• Wedding: 04/12/2014
4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

You cannot find better cakes than Sandy's!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This cake was beautifully done and delicious! My husband and I were overwhelmed by how great it was. Sandy did the groom's cake, and she was wonderful. My husband designed his cake and she worked very well with the design. It was a highlight of the wedding!

• Wedding: 07/21/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our rehearsal dinner guests raved about Sandy's desserts. She offers a wide array of desserts to complement any meal.

• Wedding: 04/06/2012
Christine and Ken
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Such a joy to work with. I had to change my date (move it up) and she was so easy going about it. Not only do her cakes look amazing they taste wonderful, I gave her a picture of what I wanted my cake to look like and it was more beautiful than the picture. She also did my grooms cake that he loved! We also has more than enough cake, for the price you can't go wrong with the amount of cake you get. She is so talented and I could not have asked for an easier, more professional lady to work with and would recommend her to all my friends and family.

• Wedding: 11/27/2010
0.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.5

Never got the opportunity to use her service. Sandy made an appointment to met with us and did not confirm until 30 minutes before the appointment. Then we met at a bookstore with no samples. How do you have a consultation without samples. The cake can look beautiful but we need to know that it tastes good also. After choosing a cake we were told to call to set up an appointment to taste some samples. Well when I called a week later I found out that she had given the date away. It would have been professional of her to at least call and see if we were still interested. I guess because we didnt leave a deposit the same day she felt that she could give it away. I refused to leave a deposit when I hadnt taste her work. All this to say that I thought that she was very unprofessional.

Sandy's Sweets responded with the following comments:

I'm sorry you were so unhappy with my consultation. I do supply samples when a bride requests them. I usually meet with them and then the next meeting I bring samples that they request. I do not do a lot of cakes in one weekend and when I get booked with a deposit I honor that bride and so I could not book another wedding that weekend. I realize most brides meet with multiple bakers and I explain that I will save their date when I get a deposit. I have had several brides that have had my cakes and therefore do not request samples they just do the consultation and place a deposit - this is what happened with this bride.

• Wedding: 06/06/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sandy is the best! She recently created my wedding and groom's cake. She took the time and effort to assist us in creating the perfect cake(s) for our event.

Both cakes were truly amazing works of art. One was a beautiful orange and gold multi-tiered creation that was stunning. The groom's cake was the perfect camo/buck's head multi-tiered cake and Sandy placed it on a tree trunk. Both cakes had many small details that made them even more beautiful.

The best part...they were both delicious! If you have a "vision" you are trying to create for your reception..you need Sandy!

• Wedding: 10/24/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sooooo beautiful! Exactly what I wanted. Delicious!

• Wedding: 03/28/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sandy is amazing! The cake was truly the prettiest I've ever seen. There is no doubt she over delivers and is a delight to work with!

• Wedding: 02/02/2008
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sandy's Sweets has an impeccable reputation in the Big Bend area. Every detail on our daughter's wedding cake was carefully designed -- from the fillings to the lace on the icing. I was searching not only for a beautiful cake, but a delicious one that would be remembered by all of our guests.

Sandy met with us to design a dream cake. She even took a sample of the lace gown to duplicate the delicate design on the cake. We felt like VIPs since Sandy took such time to capture the bride's wishes. Additionally, the cake was delivered to the receiption and set up beautifully.

When the bride requested a gator for the groom's cake, Sandy went above and beyond to research and design a three foot gator complete with a swampy setting. Not only was it original and lifelike, but delicious!

We would definitely recommend Sandy to prepare any delicacies - from cakes and pies to wedding cakes, she is awesome! Prices are reasonable and more importantly, the result is delicious!

• Wedding: 01/20/2007
850-567-9650
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7