Membertou Trade and Convention Centre

Value
Flexibility
4.7
1.0

If you are planning a wedding here you should reconsider The entire location is beautiful however the wedding planner is such a nightmare you couldn't even imagine. First she curses and has fit that I told her our decorator said part of her decorating package we were to supply a meal for her and her hubby. The planner flips out saying that's ridiculous I'm calling her telling her she isn't welcome we said please don't it's fine. We were told the planner would take care everything well you know u are off to a bad start when your guest asked if she knew if the reserved tables were for family the planner replied with how would I know and rolled her eyes. we were told the supper starts 530 meal 6pm sharp. We planned on having our family doing toasts and speech then having my family sing long storey short even tho planner knew all this the servers stood in doorway waited for all the speeches go be over before they would serve the meal. Therefore the meal was cold. 6 kids didn't get fed.The salad was the wrong one. But the worst is as soon as the planner left (april) her staff got pure lazy. Our bridesmaids had to clean up the room because when they arrived around 9 to the reception the place wss mess food on floor. Tables had to be moved. 25 guests witnessed bridesmaids cleaning before my wife and I arrived. When we found out that they has to do it themselves because staff wouldn't we contacted April Monday. Her response was our bridesmaids were liars. So my wife told her we have 25 people willing to wrote statement so they could read all the complaints we were told to keep the letters it was too bad and not to contact her again. They didn't mind taking my 10 grand tho did they. Also April is liar told us the wine bottles were half the size so we purchased double which all went waste because they opened every single bottle on tables. I'm warning you until they have a new wedding planner u are making huge mistake booking here

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

We had a great experience having our wedding at MTCC.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
1 person found this review helpful
3.6

Be sure there is someone from MTTC onsite during your wedding. I found that although there were lots of staff, there was no one to talk to in charge about things that came up during the dinner and reception. Make sure everything is on paper- lots of things were discussed over the months that I was planning my wedding and when I arrived I was disappointed some things were forgotten altogether. Keep a list of things discussed with their wedding coordinator yourself and compare to their list when you meet for the last time. It would be good to designate a person (family member or friend) to over see things before you and your guests arrive. A check list with everything you expect to be done prior to the dinner/reception to be sure there are no disappointments on your big day.
Overall I was really happy with how everything turned out at the MTTC. However, for a convention center that specializes in entertaining, I would have expected things to be seamless.

1 person found this review helpful

If you are looking for a professional team, a top notch vendor, and the wedding you have always wanted, Membertou Trade and Convention Center is the place for you. I don't have any complaints, they were very helpful and work hard to meet all my needs (in which I was fussy). We went with turkey and roast beef for our meal and it was very well received from all our guests.Dessert was awesome and spinach salad to start. You won't have any regrets.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Overall we were very happy with our wedding, however there were several small glitches throughout the day we were not happy with. For example I (the bride) and several others had to wait over 20 mins to get my meal because I did not want gravy (they had none prepared without), they lost the step to step up to the platform where our head table was, they did not serve my photographer and vidoegrapher dinner although i specifically requested it and they would not cut the cake when we wanted to - it had to be cut right after the first dance so their staff could go home and then one of the staff bothered me several times throughout the reception about what to do about the left over cake. Overall the experience was good but looking back there were quite a few things that annoyed me that could have easily been avoided.

4.1

My husband and I really appreciate everything the MB2 Trade & Convention Centre did to accomodate our unique needs. From the Ceremony, Champagn Reception, Late Night Buffet, through until the end of the Reception, all our requests were met without any problems. With the exception of the considerable inconsistency in price compared to that of my sister's wedding a year prior, we truly enjoyed our experience with The Membertou Trade & Convention Centre.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

We had an awsome experience with membertou trade convention center..our weeding coordinator Coleen wheelan made everything she could to top our expectactions...It was definitely way more than we expected..

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you are looking for an easy flowing, well organized, delicious food and wonderful service this is the place. Our main concern was not wanting to have to do anything the day of our wedding. Just arrive with our guest and have a beautiful service and a fun night. And it's exactly what we got :) All for a decent price as well, set our budget and the staff at MTCC made sure it stayed where we wanted it! Highly recommend anyone to have their big day here, or any other important event! Wonderful!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had a wonderful experience. My DJ actually did not show up to my wedding so the wonderful staff found some music and called every DJ they had a listing for until one was found. The staff went above and beyond to make my day memorable. I would recommend Membertou Trade and Convention Centre!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I'm so happy that I choose to have my wedding at Membertou Trade and Convention center they made my special day even better than I could have ever imagined! They went above and beyond for me and never made me feel like I had to worry about anything. The staff was amazing and the food was great!! I would recommend them to anyone who wants a perfect worry free day. Thanks for everything!! :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Very helpful and easy to deal with. Always eager to help with any questions or concerns I may have had.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers

Excellent service overall. Great value for you money and lots of flexibility as far as meal options and room layout. New facility, exceptionally clean and tastefull even without any added decor. One thing I liked were the spotless washrooms. With your gown on the last thing you want to be doing is struggling in a dirty washroom. Staff are wonderful and extremely accomadating as well, we didn't worry about a thing. The chocolate fountain was AMAZING too!!! We did our planning long distance and it was very easy. Hope that helps!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Website was very helpful, listed all details, menus, prices. Membertou goes through all the details with you and most things are included in base price, such as tables/linens/mini lights/chairs PLUS they also do all the setup work for you.

Colleen Whelan was extremely helpful throughout the whole planning process.

Food from Membertou was all delicious and there was TONS of it - everyone remarked how great the food was and no one went hungry!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning
4.7

The staff at the Membertou Trade and Convention Center did an incredible job at making our big day one to remember. Anything we threw at Colleen she was more than ready and willing to make happen for us. While in the midst of all the pre-wedding stresses, we always felt like a load was lifted after leaving her office. I would, without a doubt, recommend the Membertou Trade and Convention Center to anyone looking for a place to celebrate their wedding day.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were married September 12, 2009. Our dinner and reception was at the Membertou Trade and Convention Centre. Holly and Linda were so professional, flexible and willing to give us the time of our lives....and did!!

Both Linda nad Holly were so prompt to return calls, follow up on any issue that arose.

We had a buffet, the food was awsome.....guests of the wedding are still raving about the food.... They went out of there ways to ensure it was a stressfree night. Everything went off without a hitch...

We would highly recommend the venue....

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Very helpful with all aspects and accomodating to additions to the meal. Durig the event folks were very responsive to all cocnerns