Inn at Craig Place

Value
Flexibility
1 Review
Recently Married

We decided to have a last minute "elopement wedding". After looking through a couple of sites, we shortlisted the Inn at Craig Place based on the website and reviews. We emailed them and within a matter of days it was all fixed. They were extremely responsive over emails and phone regarding all our queries. They were even flexible enough to change our date and accommodate us on the same day that they were hosting another event. The rooms and arrangement was all as promised on the website, if not more dreamlike in reality. The ceremony was perfect. The minister was very loving and Gregg took many beautiful pictures of us since we did not have a photographer. After the ceremony they left us to enjoy alone. The inn is very cozy and neat. The breakfast served on the following morning was scrumptious. All in all, it was an experience we will cherish forever.

Inn at Craig Place responded with the following comments:

Thank you Naureen and Shahriar for the nice review. We are glad we were able to accommodate your needs and finalize the details of your special elopement just THREE days before your event. However, we are a bit baffled that you rated the Value of your package at only 4 out of 5 when you rated all of the other categories 5 out of 5. We are not exactly sure what you believe the cost of being able to accommodate one's arrangements for an elopement just three days before the event should be but we are disappointed that you do not feel the value was a 5 out of 5 like the other ratings.
Gregg & Kelly

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Top notch with a personal touch! Every detail was given to all of our (my) requests without questions. Gregg & Kelly provided helpful suggestions (photographer) to aid us in making our "planning" smooth and kinkless. All arrangements were made within a two month time frame. The only service I provided was my ceremony officiant. That was a service included by them, too. The accommodations during our night's stay after the ceremony were lovely. It was quiet, clean and very comfortable. We didn't feel cramped. They had our flowers from the ceremony (including bouquet) put up in our room (in water) upon our return. They took care of EVERYthing. It was such a relief to have such a stress-free event, because a wedding can become overwhelming. We cannot say enough to express how much we REALLY enjoyed our wedding day and honeymoon stay.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Recently Married

Gregg and Kelly did an excellent job with the preparations, and all went very smooth!

Heidi
Recently Married

The Inn at Craig Place is elegance at its finest. I knew from the very first time we laid our eyes on the house this was THE place and ONLY place to have our wedding! The owners Gregg & Kelly put us at ease for the biggest day of our lives from the very beginning of the planning process. They never made us feel as though we were asking too many questions. If anything, they welcomed our questions and concerns. They treated us like family! Thank You so much Gregg and Kelly for your professionalism, your responsiveness and most importantly, your quality of service. It's no wonder why The Inn at Craig Place is a Five Star Bed & Breakfast.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

One year ago, we married at Craig Place. And one-year on, the memories that Craig Place created are still beautiful and brilliant. I live in London, had guests arriving from Italy, UK, and all across the US, so having Gregg and Kelly manage the details was fantastic. I couldn’t have done a better job myself. The flowers were stunning, the cake perfect, and only Kelly noticed the cake was chocolate and not white, and we loved it. The canapés happily fed all the guests. The recommendations for hair, make-up, photography were all spot on and we greatly enjoyed working with all the vendors….because Gregg and Kelly made it easy. As soon as we mentioned Craig Place, all vendors were incredibly brilliant….not an easy feat when half your wedding party doesn’t speak English and translation skills are limited. One item important to us was to have Texas wine for the reception, which, we sourced from a great vineyard in Texas, and once the groom remembered he was supposed to bring it inside Craig Place (the groom was a bit busy playing chauffer), it was brilliantly set up for the guests, adding to an authentic experience for our out of country guests that was so important to us. We had about 25 people for the wedding and reception, the weather was perfect…and yes, it rained early in the morning, but by noon all was dry, clean, and beautifully set up for guests’ arrivals. The décor around Craig Place fit in perfectly with what we envisioned, which was a naturally green, outdoorsy setting. For the highly raved breakfast, we had to be up very early the following morning to see our guests off to the airport and didn’t spend much time in the beautiful guest room, or have the full breakfast…..but Gregg and Kelly ensured we had a nice, perfectly done breakfast waiting for us in the morning by our door. And while I failed at writing this in a timely manner last year, the memory of how well we were treated and how lovely the day was sticks with us today. The overall experience was fan

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

A wonderful wedding experience, stress free!!! Kelly and Gregg run a lovely B&B. When we arrived Kelly and Gregg had the flowers, cake, both interior and exterior seating, and room ready. They provided a champagne bucket and ice for the bottle we brought and we happy to accomodate any request we made. A very clean and professionally run B&B. The day we left, Kelly had packed the flowers, cake and provided a pair of champagne flutes with the B&B name. An unexpected and wonderful reminder of the great wedding we had. The room was immaculate, roomy and quite. We did not hear any of the other guests in their rooms. A definite plus!! There is a mini bar with snacks and drinks in the library. A very relaxing and special weekend. I would recommend The Inn at Craig Place to anyone who are looking for a small wedding venue or just a relaxing place to stay. The breakfasts were wonderful. Delicious food. The desert was tasty, but not overly sweet. Even the evening cookies outside of the door or the morning breakfast breads were delicious.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This inn is an absolute treasure! I had no idea what to expect on my wedding day..but from the moment I walked in, the amazing owners Gregg & Kelly were on it! These two are pros at making your big day magical and every moment thereafter. The wedding night was beautiful and we were so taken with this venue and place of choice for wedding night stay; we extended our trip another day. The library upstairs is so cozy and romantic and you have access to a wonderful balcony. There is ample room in ever room for all of your wedding needs and ensuring your dress and you are perfect and pampered. Truly worth every penny and so much more. Thanks to finding this enchanting place, I probably spent less than $3,000 dollars on my entire wedding from start to finish. So many packages to choose from, but what this venue has that no one else is going to give you is the most personal experience and complete attention you deserve on the most important day of your lives. The Inn At Craig Place is timeless and one of a kind.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake
1 Review
1+ year ago

Our wedding was amazing and affordable, Gregg and Kelly were awesome hosts! The food, the service, the price everything was fantastic! We went ahead and booked our one year anniversary weekend with them!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you are looking for a romantic, but intimate wedding and you don't want all the hustle and bustle, this is the place. Gregg and Kelly were the perfect hosts. They made my dream come true with what seemed like little effort. We stayed in the Once Upon a Dream room and were waited on hand and foot. We had our wedding early on and stayed an extra 2 days and it was fantastic. The food, the atmosphere, the way we were treated was amazing. I have stayed in many B&B's in San Antonio and this was by far the best. We felt like we made friends when we left. My husband and I have decided to come back every year for our anniversary. We couldn't ask for a more relaxing vacation. Gregg and Kelly took all the stress and drama out of our wedding and honeymoon.
Thank you both so much for the most awesome weekend ever. We'll see you guys next year.

James and Andrea Cain

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place is perfect if you would like to eliminate stress from your planning. Every concern I had was addressed warmly & promptly. The ambiance was exceptional, if you like victorian style homes, which we love. Many bed & breakfast you have to come down to eat. Not here, they bring breakfast to you. They addressed concerns before we asked them. For example making arrangements to take flowers and cake with us. all I can say is perfection!!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Wedding Cake

I loved everything about this B& B. We booked our wedding here and stayed the night in the Once upon a dream room, which I highly recommend if you are getting married here.
Gregg and Kelly were so easy to work. My love and I set up an appointment to view the grounds and we basically decided that night that we wanted to have a small (25 person) wedding here. After securing the date with a deposit, Gregg and Kelly made it so easy to communicate though emails and phone conversations. This was truly a stress (if there is such a thing) free event. The food, cake flowers were all spectacular. If you are looking for a small intimate wedding I highly recommend The Inn as your choice.. just read all the reviews... We all can't be wrong;) One more excellent review for The Inn at Craig Place!!
Thank you for a memory of a life time:)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wife and I got married at The Inn At Craig Place, and it could not have been more beautiful. Gregg and Kelly were the perfect hosts. I have never seen anyone work as hard as these two people and their staff. The food was gourmet and the ambience was fantastic...!!!! They truly went out of their way to make our special day even more special...!!! We will definitely be spending anniversaries there...!!!

Joe and Pam Rogers

Inn at Craig Place responded with the following comments:

Thank you SO much! We are so glad you were pleased. We enjoyed having you -- come back and see us again soon!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I couldn't have been happier with Greg, Kelly and this beautiful inn. The house itself has such beautiful and calming charm, is so clean and relaxing. Greg and Kelly did everything they could to make sure we were pampered and our wedding day went smoothly. Our parents are still talking about how nice everything was. The breakfast that comes each morning was the most incredible we've ever had! Every day it was something new and more gormet, we wished we could eat every meal with them. Everything was perfect, we highly recommend this inn for a romantic, relaxing weekend or wedding.
Thanks again Greg & Kelly!

Jessica & Scott

Inn at Craig Place responded with the following comments:

Thank you for the wonderful response. Our "An Intimate Affair" package that you selected was designed just as you two utilized it with both sets of parents presented at your special ceremony. That makes for a very close and special occasion.

We look forward to seeing you back at the Inn soon.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Me and my husband just got married here on 3/20/13 and we could not have asked for anything more perfect. Everything from checking in to the amazing breakfast the next morning. We had so many compliments on how perfect and beautiful the place was. Gregg and Kelly do a really great job! One of the things that caught me off guard was when me and my husband arrived later that night and there was fresh homemade cookies waiting at our door and my bouque and been placed in water. I was just amazed at how kind they are, and how they take pride and every little thing they do. I would recommend this place to anybody not only for a small intimate wedding but even just a weekend stay! :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

My husband and I would like to thank the Inn and Craig Place for a perfect wedding day! The Inn keepers have weddings down to a perfect science, so there is no reason to worry or stress, you are left to only ENJOY your day! It was wonderful from the lovely cake and food, down to the sweet words of the minister who married us in the immaculate garden. It was also a huge bonus to be able to have a room to dress and stay in. I was able to relax a bit before dinner and then come back in the evening to freshly baked cookies on the doorstep. There were too many details to list that made our stay magical and unforgettable. Thank you Greg and Kelly! We will be back for our anniversary, etc!. ~Beth and Brady Bates

Inn at Craig Place responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your kind words. Occasionally, we work with couples that don't have the opportunity to view the Inn in person and select our Inn based on our website and reviews. This was one such situation. It was a pleasure working with your mother and you on the details and we enjoyed serving your guests and their very well mannered children.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Gregg and Kelly really go the extra mile to make sure your event is special and that every detail is perfect. Our event was all inclusive..ceremony, cake, flowers, music, pictures, and room if you desire. We also were served a three course gourmet breakfast on the balcony in the morning! Special touches were fresh baked cookies left outside our door before bedtime, and awakening to hot coffee and biscuits! The property is decorated gorgeously and immaculately maintained. The owners make you feel like family. We cannot wait to return for our anniversary!!!