High Fire Designs

Value:
Flexibility:
(4.8 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amanda & Lizzie made our amazing silk bouquets! I wanted silk so I could keep them forever & because I didn't know if I could trust an unknown florist in Barbados. We had compliments from the moment we
got to the airport, to the wedding & back at the airport. We even had
officials try to stop us twice from taking the flowers on the plane because
they thought they were real! We could not have been happier with them! (If you want to see how beautiful they turned out http://dmsheid.smugmug.com/The-Sheid-Wedding/Formals/)

• Wedding: 04/12/2014

Absolutely LOVE Amanda!!
She did an AMAZING job on our wedding!! I told her my colors were Red, Black, White and BLING! And she just ran with it!! Everything exceeded my expectations! My brooch bouquet was beyond anything I had seen online. My bridesmaids have made their bouquets part of their home décor. And the moms are talking about making shadowboxes for their corsages.
She is willing to work with real flowers, but honestly there is no need! No one believed that our flowers were fake! My cousin had real at her wedding and they were kind of a nightmare. So do yourself a favor and go with faux! Plus with faux flowers your bouquet will be beautiful forever.
I have also been following Amanda on Facebook and everything she makes is beautiful but she really excels at “out-of-the-box”! Her prices are VERY reasonable. I have already recommended her to several friends. I do plan on using Amanda again for future events.
I honestly cannot say enough good things about her.

Private User
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amanda was really wonderful! I found her through a Google search to find a florist for my wedding. Of course, I was a little apprehensive using a vendor through a Google search but once I read the great reviews online, I knew I wanted to set up a consultation. I brought all my ideas for what I wanted and Amanda came up with such amazing ideas. The best part was that she is AFFORDABLE too! She was so flexible too. I wanted succulents in my arrangements but once I got the invoice, I was wondering what we could do to cut costs a bit more but still keep the same idea. Amanda suggested using floral ones instead which would look just as nice but be more than half the cost. She had no problem making the suggestion because I felt like she was more concerned about making my vision come true on my budget than making a few more bucks. I did have a few questions throughout the process and she would get back to me usually within 72 hours, which was a little frustrating at times but I knew she was really busy too. I would highly recommend using Amanda/High Fire Designs to brides!

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
Sami
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I planned my wedding from Atlanta, GA. and never seen one flower until the day of. My vision was fulfilled via gmail! Amanda did an amazing job and everyone loved the fresh flowers all over the ballroom. My bouquet was stunning and my girls looked good too. Amanda is the real deal and can accommodate any style and budget. Thanks you Amanda for making our day bright and beautiful!

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Jessica
1.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.5
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 0.5

This provider had great pieces and ideas, she is great at what she creates, but time management was terrible. After having my materials for over 6 months, she didnt start creating my pieces until about 2 weeks before my wedding. After showing a few items to me, I asked for changes and due to the lack of time she declined to change my pieces and returned material to me undone. I had to complete all of my wedding bouquets and flowers as well as finish up pieces literally a week before my wedding. I spent many nights awake until 3 and 4 am due to this. It was awful.

High Fire Designs responded with the following comments:

Although very sweet, this bride changed her mind multiple times . . . and I mean a lot of times. She was sent many pictures of the items (at her own request) and wanted to make changes to everything including three changes to a boutonniere. I truly believe that she did not have a firm vision in her own mind.

In the industry, I think most brides will find that the florist does not begin construction on their wedding until the week before the wedding. To begin earlier would be silly as materials can become damaged.

And yes, most florist have multiple weddings per weekend. Spending 4 hours on one boutonniere because the client wants to make 1/4 of an inch adjustments, move a feather slightly to the side, or change the ribbon color shade by shade by shade is time consuming and distracts from other weddings.

This bride received all of the products that were completed and was reimbursed for everything else. When bride picked up in person, she even commented that the photos originally send to her did not do the products justice, she loved her bouquet and the large floral arrangements as well. She even commented how the boutonniere was much cuter in person. It was sad to let this bride go, but I don't think I could have pleased her no matter what. She became a huge distraction from my other clients' weddings and I could not allow that to happen.

If you read her other review, I think you will find that she was dissatisfied in one way or another with every person she came into contact with.

Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Loved Amanda's work! She has a true gift for taking a bride's vision and making it more beautiful than imagined. I didn't have to worry about anything. She was on top of every last detail. Recommended!

• Wedding: 07/27/2013
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Why buy all of the decor when you can rent it?

High end materials, centerpieces, etc. Everyone love the modern decor. Amanda is able to take a few ideas and create a vision. Visit her website - my wedding decor is posted there.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND

• Wedding: 07/13/2013
Services Used: Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amanda with High Fired Designs was fantastic! She was so easy to work with and she is very creative. She had so many ideas and great decorations to use. She went above and beyond her job to make our wedding unique. She was very enthusiastic in carrying out my idea of what I wanted. She made everything come together and was willing to do everything she could to make my dream wedding a reality. She was great to work with and easy to communicate with. I received so many compliments on the decor. I absolutely loved my center pieces. Thanks again Amanda for all your hard work, everything was perfect!

• Wedding: 06/01/2013
Alicia
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I discovered High Fire Designs at a Dallas bridal show. Well, actually my mom did. I was skeptical at first because I didn't think I wanted "fake" flowers. Her set up was AMAZING and I became open to the option. We contacted her a few weeks later and she responded immediately. We met with her to come up with some ideas and to also get an idea of the cost. What Amanda came up with was exactly what I wanted. What was even better was how reasonable her pricing was. A few weeks before the wedding we met again, I was getting nervous and unsure about what I picked several months before. Amanda very calmly went over my vision agin and assured me she would make it amazing. Amazing is an understatement! When I walked into my reception hall I was blown away with what she had done! It was everything I imagined but BETTER! The colors and the arrangements were stunning. The flowers looked so real and perfect. Everyone kept saying how amazing it looked. I couldn't be happier. I highly recommend High Fire Desings.

• Wedding: 05/04/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

All I have to say is that when I saw my decor at our wedding it literally took my breathe away!!! I absolutely LOVED, LOVED, LOVED IT!!! Amanda is very talented, very nice & sweet, a true pleasure to work with, all while at a reasonable price!!!! You will not be dissapointed if you have her for your wedding decor. Seriously I got sooooo many compliments on how gorgeous my centerpieces were!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH AMANDA!!!!

• Wedding: 04/20/2013
Services Used: Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amanda was so sweet and amazing at what she does. Truly a professional and great service!

• Wedding: 03/30/2013
Sherry
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amanda was absolutely amazing! We went to her with a general idea of what we wanted and she brought that idea to life. She was absolutely amazing with her ideas, cost effectiveness, and professionalism. Amanda worked with us on everything, no matter how big or small the matter was. We were just so happy with how everything turned out!!! Thank you Amanda for everything!!!!

• Wedding: 03/16/2013
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amanda did a beautiful job with flowers and decorations for my wedding. She really listened to what I wanted and everything turned out great. The veiwing for the centerpieces went great, but there were a few specific things that I had requested for flowers for the boquets/boutnieers that didn't get into the order. But overall the flowers were great and the centerpieces looked amazing, and I recieved great complements on how everything came together.

• Wedding: 03/10/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

As a Project Manager, I don't consider myself overly creative outside of highlighting rows on spreadsheets and updating project plans plans. When I became engaged, I knew I’d have no problem wedding planning: managing deadlines, attending meetings, & signing contracts. However, I had serious concern on how the whole darn thing would end up looking… you know, aesthetically.
That all ended when I met Amanda Dale of High Fire Designs at the Bridal Expo last summer. She is absolutely a breath of fresh CREATIVE air! Not only is she a creative genius, but she is actually affordable (which AMAZES me for the type of work she does – it is SO BEAUTIFUL). When I met with Amanda, I only knew I wanted clean and elegant, and really didn’t have a firm budget in mind.
Amanda’s mind immediately started working on the spot. She came up with several ideas that matched my theme perfectly and were affordable. She didn’t try to sell me a bunch of other things just because I had no idea of a budget. Her focus is truly on YOU and YOUR needs. She just consistently proved to be sincere and genuine and OH SO HELFPUL – even with aspects of wedding planning outside of décor. Amanda also has tons of experience with various venues around Dallas/Ft. Worth which also adds to her value and creativity.
Amanda was making changes to my décor up to just a couple of days before the event because I was having issues with the table set up. No matter how many times I contacted her about changes, she remained as professional and helpful as ever.
Amanda arrived and set up everything on time and my guests were BLOWN AWAY by her work. My reception looked absolutely STUNNING in large part due to Amanda’s amazing creations. I want to scream from the rooftops to other creatively-challenged people that ‘the gods’ have sent us help…in the form of High Fire Designs. Amanda Dale of High Fire Designs is absolutely WONDERFUL and was such a pleasure to work with. Her work is phenomenal and she is truly a gem.

• Wedding: 03/09/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My sister sent my High Fire Designs website when I was looking for a vendor to do my centerpieces. I immediately fell in love with all of Amanda's beautiful creations!! At the consultation she was so sweet and very kind I loved all her ideas! Then at the viewing of the centerpieces I absolutly LOVED all of her creations!! Myself and my now husband loved everything she did. We had a Dallas Cowboy Bling/Diamonds themed wedding and she made that come to life. Everyone at our wedding loved our centerpieces. I also had Amanda make my bouquet as well as the bouquets and boutonnieres and wrist flowers for my bridesmaids/groosmen. We all LOVED our bouquets and we get to keep them as a keepsake which is ever BETTER!!! Amanda went above and beyond what we expect and we are truly Thankful we had the oppurtunity to work with her. She is truly talented and amazing at what she does and we thank her sooo much!!! If you are looking for wonderful/beautiful centerpieces and flowers Amanda High Fire Designs is the place to go!!! I will definitely be recommending High Fire Designs to all my family and friends. Thank you Amanda!!!

• Wedding: 02/09/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I met Amanda with High Fire Designs through the bridal show in Dallas. I knew from the moment that I laid eyes on her pretty and shiny booth that she was the one that I wanted to design our dream wedding. As I waited for a response to see if she was available for our wedding date, I only had nightmares about what I would do if she couldn’t decorate our wedding! With a prompt response (the one that I wanted of course), and a free consultation, we were on our way to the designing prettiest wedding ever! Amanda will help you envision and create anything that you want. She will keep your design interests in mind and will always be on the hunt to find the next beautiful thing to add to your wedding décor. She genuinely cares about your wedding as if it is her own. I trusted her to let her imagination fly and allowed her to do whatever she wanted to do with the décor…that’s how amazing she is! High Fire Designs created my striking centerpieces, unique hair pieces, timeless birdcage veil, exotic bouquets, precious boutonnieres and corsages, and the perfectly scrumptious and stylish candy bar (that we sampled together on my wedding day :p). Amanda was one of the sweetest and most personable venders that I dealt with. I felt right at home and like I had known her forever. I truly admire the passion and creativity that Amanda has for her company, and the love of her work definitely shows. Thank you for everything that you did to make our wedding more beautiful than I ever imagined it could be. We will cherish it all in our photographs and video forever.

Anonymous
214-546-1513
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards