Heritage House

• Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

This venue was perfect for our southern garden wedding! The house and the lawn are absolutely gorgeous - especially in the fall! However, when renting although it's affordable you will have to reserve two seperate days if you want a rehersal on site. You cannot split your reserved hours over two days. We ended up having the rehersal dinner elsewhere because the venue was reserved the day before our wedding. It is pretty much see what you have the day of and hope it all comes together! Thankfully it did!

The staff is very helpful. The person present on my wedding day did a marvelous job, but there where times where I felt like she was giving too much input!

I will however warn you, the park is not closed off for events so you will have people looking on. Which didn't really bother us until we had groups of random people coming into the house asking us if there was an event going on and how they could have one there too (a bit aggravating when you're trying to set up and people don't have the decency to notice they shouldn't just walk in.)

Despite the downsides though - I do think it was perfect! The good absolutely outweighed any of the petty negatives!

• Wedding: 10/15/2011